Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Premier Sports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

I watched on the Premier Player app casting onto the tellybox via Chromecast - saw the Cardiff game live, Ospreys & Scarlets games On Demand.

All looked good - match presentation was great for the opening weekend, I thought - using the big screens in the corner of the grounds was really neat, although may be problematic when cold liquid sunshine starts pouring from the skies.

Interesting to see ads for Scarlets season tickets in the ad breaks - not sure if these were shown on all channels or just me - having selected 'Scarlets' as the team I follow, it could have been serving specific ads to sections of the viewing audience.

One big issue was not being able to fast forward or rewind any of the coverage once I started casting -I could only pause & play, so I had to watch every second of coverage, analysis and ads, and, if I stopped casting to control the playback, it went back to the very start of the programme once I recommenced casting. Angry

Not sure if this is a bug, something they'll work on or simply a 'feature' of their app - it'll be highly irritating if it doesn't get fixed.

I'm also waiting for Premier Sports to get back to me on the 'First Month Free' launch offer - I signed up the week before, didn't I. Confused

That's odd - I had the 'usual' time-line at the bottom of the screen (for a completed game - the Blues one) which, as usual, allowed me to skip forwards to a particular time - some guesswork involved when missing out half-time comments, but no biggie. If I was you, I'd try again with a game from the weekend, to see if you can get the timeline by clicking, etc.

I think the live footage has no rewind or ffwd function. On demand games do.
Sponsored Links

NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

That's odd - I had the 'usual' time-line at the bottom of the screen (for a completed game - the Blues one) which, as usual, allowed me to skip forwards to a particular time - some guesswork involved when missing out half-time comments, but no biggie. If I was you, I'd try again with a game from the weekend, to see if you can get the timeline by clicking, etc.

Thanks - I will.

Every time I tried moving along the 'blue line' on my iPhone, I got an error message to say it wasn't possible while casting. TV remote allowed me to pause & play, but had no other functionality, and no blue line at the bottom of the TV screen. Maybe it was user error. Embarrassed

Twitterer @ebenezer68
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2018 at 6:10pm
The app is due an update so you can choose channels. That’s one gripe I have. There’s no listings as such. As for the commentary and link men it’s a bit hit and miss. Nothing that spoils the viewing though.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2018 at 3:46pm
PREMIER SPORTS APP UPDATE:

I had a reply from Premier Sports today - if I cancel my current subscription later this month, I can then resubscribe and get the 'Free First Month' offer when I resume. This applies to both Standard and Premium membership.

Also, they have confirmed that control of playback for On Demand content...

Originally posted by Premier Sports Premier Sports wrote:

...is a limitation of the App and the scrub bar is disabled during casting. So it is not possible to scroll to a position and then cast. 

Rest assured, we’ve added this to our list of development tasks for a future update.

Slightly disappointing, but hopefully they'll address this sooner rather than later.

They also tell me that they're planning to add the 4-minute highlights of each game, as seen on the PRO14 Facebook page, to their On Demand content.

Pleased that their responses have been relatively quick and positive - a decent start to the PPV era.

Edited by NobbySosban - 04 September 2018 at 4:00pm
Twitterer @ebenezer68
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2018 at 3:55pm
Premier 1 & 2 on the Sky box was absolutely fine, however, Premier 2 isn't HD, it's just SD.

Also, I had numerous issues with both the online player on my laptop and the App on my phone. Worked one minute, but then the next, couldn't get anything.

Kept having to force a log out of the online player, so that I could log back in and refresh the channel to watch it. Then the App, I'd log in, and would just get a white screen with no menu options.

When it did work, casting to my TV was absolutely fine.
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 7:20pm
If you sign up for Premier Sports on TV, do you then get Premier Player for FREE or do you have to pay extra again to watch on tablet/online?
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 7:48pm
[QUOTE=ChrisX] If you sign up for Premier Sports on TV, do you then get Premier Player for FREE or do you have to pay extra again to watch on tablet/online?[/QUOT

I subscribed for Premier Sports for the year and then downloaded their app to watch on my tablet when away from my telly. No charge and it works fine.
Keep the faith
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2018 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

If you sign up for Premier Sports on TV, do you then get Premier Player for FREE or do you have to pay extra again to watch on tablet/online?

you do have to sign up to create your account, it's free for existing sky customers lol.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Only on sky. Not on Virgin Media.

Similarly, sky are getting prem sports 2 in HD. Virgin aren't.

The cost per month is the same on each platform though. Thanks Virgin.
comeonmybabies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comeonmybabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 10:14pm
Anyone know how many streams you can cast from the app say in different rooms 😉🤔
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by comeonmybabies comeonmybabies wrote:

Anyone know how many streams you can cast from the app say in different rooms 😉🤔

You can only cast from one device at a time. You also cannot fast forward if you cast an on demand programe. You can however fast forward if you watch it on your phone, tablet or pc without casting.
Joshua24:15
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2018 at 11:30pm
You can have multi room.
crj89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2018 at 2:16pm
Can someone help me, if I want to purchase the TV side through Virgin Media, can someone else use the app under the same account? Go halfers on it so to speak. Wondering if you can watch simultaneously.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Can someone help me, if I want to purchase the TV side through Virgin Media, can someone else use the app under the same account? Go halfers on it so to speak. Wondering if you can watch simultaneously.

See comment above, it looks like you can have multiroom, but I haven't checked. From my own use, if I use the app to watch coverage on my phone, and then want to watch premier on say my laptop, I have to log out of the app on my phone.
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
joni_bach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2018 at 8:58am
Just a reminder that those of us with Freesports can watch Italy v Georgia on Saturday afternoon as a warm up before the Wales game. So if you want to see the sixth best international team in Europe, who regularly play at home in front of 60,000 strong crowds taking on plucky Italy, Freesports is the place to be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic