Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

premier sports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: premier sports
    Posted: 19 June 2020 at 1:18pm
Just looked at my subscription to premier sports. my contract expires 18th august but they are set to automatically renew it. But its now up to £120 for following year. just be careful no one gets stung by them. I paid £49 last year with the offer that was on
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Just looked at my subscription to premier sports. my contract expires 18th august but they are set to automatically renew it. But its now up to £120 for following year. just be careful no one gets stung by them. I paid £49 last year with the offer that was on
im planning on cancelling my card by then,we didn't get a full season out of it this year.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 2:09pm
will be doing the same nige. just checked my subs run out sept so i can catch our 2 games then cancel
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

im planning on cancelling my card by then,we didn't get a full season out of it this year.

Yes, cancel if you must but your subscription forms part of the funding that Pro 14 relies upon.  If nobody subscribes the knock on effect is less funding for rugby.  
Personally, I intend to keep it going for at least the coming season and review it the following season.
Keep the faith
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Yes, cancel if you must but your subscription forms part of the funding that Pro 14 relies upon.  If nobody subscribes the knock on effect is less funding for rugby.  
Personally, I intend to keep it going for at least the coming season and review it the following season.
with the greatest respect you can't use that kind of emotional blackmail over people,it was value at £49 but poor value at £120 and i'm not sure if your aware but there is a massive financial crisis coming over the horizon.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 3:47pm

with the greatest respect you can't use that kind of emotional blackmail over people,it was value at £49 but poor value at £120 and i'm not sure if your aware but there is a massive financial crisis coming over the horizon.

At £49 you had an exceptional bargain for a product worth much more than you paid.  If the coming rate is £120 for a whole year, that's still a good price at just over two quid a week, less than a cup of Costa coffee!  If we want professional rugby to survive we need to fund it.  
Keep the faith
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 4:00pm

At £49 you had an exceptional bargain for a product worth much more than you paid.  If the coming rate is £120 for a whole year, that's still a good price at just over two quid a week, less than a cup of Costa coffee!  If we want professional rugby to survive we need to fund it.  

Insensitive stuff there.This Autumn is going to be a season of discontent for millions.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 4:21pm

i'm sorry but that is absolute tosh,i took it out because sky which i pay a lot for lost it to premier,prior to that i had sky because bbc which i pay £157 a year for license fee lost it to sky, i pay my season ticket which supports MY team,i take it you have sky and BT and premier because we want professional rugby to survive?and for the record i only took it out for the scarlets games that i didn't attend so not that great value given events.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 5:59pm
Don’t pay upfront for it at all costs. Just pay monthly then cancel. They give you offers then. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 6:29pm
Feel free grey power to pay everybody's subscription if you think that. You must be minted mate.
Love people like you who know nothing about everybody else and their financial position. Countries in a mess massive job losses and some of us are worried about paying the bills. But yes of course we must pay Premier sports their full wod for rubbish product. 

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2020 at 7:26pm

Feel free grey power to pay everybody's subscription if you think that. You must be minted mate.
Love people like you who know nothing about everybody else and their financial position. Countries in a mess massive job losses and some of us are worried about paying the bills. But yes of course we must pay Premier sports their full wod for rubbish product. 

Crikey, your reaction to my opinion is way over the top.  I've subscribed to Premier Sports for two seasons at £89 a shot. I've been able to watch two or three games every round of matches.  I think that is a fantastic return for what I've paid out.  I've been able to watch games on catch up as well as when been away from home visiting my family.  I don't spend money on fags ,gambling, beer or wild women.  I do spend on my Scarlet's season ticket and will do again this coming season. I have only been able to attend four games this season but I am not complaining as the team I have supported all my life has benefitted.
You don't know me and I don't know you so try not to be so presumtive.
Keep the faith
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2020 at 9:33am
Lets stay calm lads. Everyone's circumstances are different. All of us can surely understand each other's positions. For my part I will be contacting Premier Sport to establish what discount they will offer for a full year's subscription bearing in mind that I have not had any service from them for 3 months. I don't rate the match day coverage at all but like Greypower I can enjoy 2/3 games per weekend with the help of my mute & fast forward buttons. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2020 at 10:59am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Lets stay calm lads. Everyone's circumstances are different. All of us can surely understand each other's positions. For my part I will be contacting Premier Sport to establish what discount they will offer for a full year's subscription bearing in mind that I have not had any service from them for 3 months. I don't rate the match day coverage at all but like Greypower I can enjoy 2/3 games per weekend with the help of my mute & fast forward buttons. 
Thanks GPR. I’m sure we would all be interested with what you manage to find out.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2020 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Thanks GPR. I’m sure we would all be interested with what you manage to find out.

No problem EO. I will post when I hear something concrete. I actually took issue with them last September after they renewed my annual subscription at £89.00 as they were then offering the £49.00 deal. They asked me to contact them again this August when they would see what they could do. Their initial offer for 2020-21 was £75.00 per annum. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2020 at 3:49pm
3 months for £5.99pm with the code FOOTBALLBACK
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2020 at 8:52am

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

No problem EO. I will post when I hear something concrete. I actually took issue with them last September after they renewed my annual subscription at £89.00 as they were then offering the £49.00 deal. They asked me to contact them again this August when they would see what they could do. Their initial offer for 2020-21 was £75.00 per annum. 

Ok I have contacted Premier whose first offer is to inform me that annual fees are going to £120 per year or £9.99 per month. For that increase I have available La Liga & Box Nation. As an incentive they are offering the annual package at £89.00 which is meant to cover the fact that no sport has been available for 3/4 months. 

My response has been to enquire what the cost would be for only the pro 14 which is my only real interest. I will keep everyone posted. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic