Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

premier sports

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2020 at 7:22pm
Scarlets just sent twitter message. 
Offer with Premier sports for rest of this season and all of next for £80
Exclusive @PremierSportsTV offer for Scarlets supporters!

Use the code 'SCARLETS80' for an annual subscription at just £80!!

£10 will be donated to the club! 

Cynnig arbennig i gefnogwyr y Scarlets ⬇️ https://t.co/fDNpSzRBgB
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2020 at 9:10pm
I’ll haggle for my £4.99 one again. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2020 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I’ll haggle for my £4.99 one again. 
You don’t know how long next season might take, especially with Jamie Roberts testing positive for Covid.

With the likelihood of localised lockdowns, it would be no surprise if the season was stretched with fewer matches per month.

The £80 option may well prove a wise one as it is for the whole season, however long it takes.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2020 at 9:13am
Sounds like a decent deal in fairness. 
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2020 at 11:50am
Anyone who doesn't want to pay can watch extended highlights later at 8pm on s4c  
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2020 at 3:46pm
I've had Premier Player for a couple of years but I'm tempted to save my £80 this year if highlights of all Welsh regional games are available on both S4C and on Scrum V, plus the Scottish and Irish equivalents of Scrum V can be watched on iPlayer.  
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2020 at 5:39pm
Called up Premier Sports this afternoon. Gave my customer number and going through security I failed.

An Aberdeen postcode belonging to Jimmy was the consequence of a typo on the customer number.

Including wait time, my Scarlets80 offer was concluded in about 22 mins. Far better than the £120 they were after otherwise.

An important point to note and diarise is to cancel the subscription at least 15 days before renewal, otherwise they say they’ll take the £120 and not refund it. As the TV rights are highly likely to change hands next year, it’s worth making a note.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2020 at 10:15pm
Anyone tried the half price code I gave for one month?
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2020 at 10:58pm

Anyone tried the half price code I gave for one month?
Yes, but didn’t work for me. More than likely expired already.
Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2020 at 1:34am
Fair play, their pricing is all over the place...

£40/£50 last year with a 100% increase, codes flying around everywhere for various deals, renewal prices £40 higher than the £80 offer.

It's not great, is it?

I'll be very interested to see how many games make it on to free to air next season... £80 is a lot to fork out when 1) you don't know that and 2) you're not really interested in / able to watch many other games apart from ours.

Also, the coverage as it was last (this) season isn't exactly all bells and whistles in comparison to other broadcasters IMO. Hopefully that can improve a bit next season but I suppose that will depend on whether they want to keep the rights post 20/21.
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2020 at 7:45am
After yesterday’s phone call re-subscribing, I got two emails from them today to say, “Sorry to see you go”..........

I’m still connected to the channels.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2020 at 10:32am
[QUOTE=Eastern outpost]After yesterday’s phone call re-subscribing, I got two emails from them today to say, “Sorry to see you go”..........

Irish humour perhaps? 😉 🤨 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2020 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Alun Alun wrote:

Fair play, their pricing is all over the place...

£40/£50 last year with a 100% increase, codes flying around everywhere for various deals, renewal prices £40 higher than the £80 offer.

It's not great, is it?

I'll be very interested to see how many games make it on to free to air next season... £80 is a lot to fork out when 1) you don't know that and 2) you're not really interested in / able to watch many other games apart from ours.

Also, the coverage as it was last (this) season isn't exactly all bells and whistles in comparison to other broadcasters IMO. Hopefully that can improve a bit next season but I suppose that will depend on whether they want to keep the rights post 20/21.

Pretty much spot on there. Hopefully someone else bids for it next year. Even BBC were better than premier sports. 
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

As the TV rights are highly likely to change hands next year, it’s worth making a note.
Did they mention about the rights moving EO or your own speculation?
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2020 at 2:32pm

Pretty much spot on there. Hopefully someone else bids for it next year. Even BBC were better than premier sports. 
Really wasn't in my opinion.

Personally i'd rather it be on a channel like Premier where i'm only paying to watch the Pro14 and not having to fork out for Sky prices because of the football which i have no interest in.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2020 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

As the TV rights are highly likely to change hands next year, it’s worth making a note.
Did they mention about the rights moving EO or your own speculation?
My speculation entirely. 

Their signal reliability, picture quality and home side bias are all very amateur. While I don’t think the BBC were much cop in the commentary stakes, their pictures didn’t disappear in dodgy weather.

Viewing figures never seem to get published either. Something embarrassing to hide?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic