Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=31859
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 3:55pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: what a great advert.........
Posted By: kcreg
Subject: what a great advert.........
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:14pm
for the lv cup tonight!!!.both teams wanted to spread the ball wide tonight and play rugby!!london irish must be kicking themselves(again!!)by letting that game slip through their hands,but a bigThumbs Up for both teams wanting to go all out for the win tonight,a great game to watch fair play!!!

-------------
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!

Replies:
Posted By: Ian Lewis
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:17pm
Totally agree, Mart.

-------------
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.

Posted By: Rob o'r Bont
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:21pm
Great game to watch. Clap

Our boys threw everything into that last ten minutes.  Not sure if we won the second half, but we certainly drew a line in the sand in that last ten minutes, and nothing was going to stop us winning.  Even when we went behind, I felt we would still win.,  Ardderchog. Clap

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Posted By: haydn_davies
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:22pm
Last nights game at the Brewery Field wasn't a patch on tonight's match!!

-------------
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.

Posted By: Endeavour
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

for the lv cup tonight!!!.both teams wanted to spread the ball wide tonight and play rugby!!london irish must be kicking themselves(again!!)by letting that game slip through their hands,but a bigThumbs Up for both teams wanting to go all out for the win tonight,a great game to watch fair play!!!
ClapExactly what we said in the car on the way home!!

-------------
Strenuis Ardua Cedunt

Posted By: scarletsrules
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:27pm
As i was walking away from the ground my exact words were 'A very good game to watch tonight fairplay i really enjoyed' and when i was walking to the car someone was behind me talking and saying they really enjoyed tonight they will have to come back

Glad i wasnt the only one who thought it was a good spectacle

Posted By: North London Scarlet
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:28pm
Had a bit of everything that one. 46 passionate - and mostly v young - players up for a cracking night of rugby. It was loose and error stricken, but full of heart and soul. Da iawn Irish, you can head back home on the M4 with your heads held high - unlucky losers, the result couldn've so easily gone the other way

-------------
Ry'n ni yma o hyd...

Posted By: Micro Duck
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:52pm
Echo that! Said the same. Cracking game, and the atmos was jumping near the end. Incredible for an LV game.

-------------
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/

Posted By: tannerbankboy
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:56pm
Unbeaten against Irish, 20 odd games over a hundred years now.

Posted By: swissscarlets
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 9:58pm
Really enjoyed tonights game.

-------------
west is best.

Posted By: Vulcan
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 10:10pm
Today I had a feast of rugby on the TV.
Selections of 4 Top 14 games 1.15 onwards, then Racing v Toulouse, then our game, then the last 50 mins of Bordeaux Begles v ASMCA.
Our game was brilliant, but please can we win a game just a little bit earlierWink.

Posted By: aristocrat
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 10:19pm
I will have heart attack on the terrace one of these days. Right down to the wire again. Thought Nigel Owens had a mare tonight. Nigel

-------------
Yours Aye The Aristocrat of Rugby

Posted By: Speedy
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 10:24pm
what i liked was when we were 1 point ahead at 20-19, we defended the halfway line and made ground in defence leaving them have the ball. trusting everyone to make their tackles.

dan thomas showed some great skills, he was involved in everything towards the end, including giving a lovely timed soft pass for the try.

i`m very excited about the next wave of scarlets.

nigel owens deserves a ban for missing that punch. as do his touch judges. shocking play!

tmo on manus try was dodgy mind.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos

Posted By: jeremy windell
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

what i liked was when we were 1 point ahead at 20-19, we defended the halfway line and made ground in defence leaving them have the ball. trusting everyone to make their tackles.

dan thomas showed some great skills, he was involved in everything towards the end, including giving a lovely timed soft pass for the try.

nigel owens deserves a ban for missing that punch. as do his touch judges. shocking play!

Rugby aint like it used to be with the punch ups, and that was one of the worst incidents i have seen for a long time. Cant believe no one did anything about it. Shit punch though it has to be saidLOL

-------------
Go ahead..........Take those banana's

Posted By: Mister Jolly
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

Shit punch though it has to be saidLOL

Yeah, should be ashamed of himself. LOL

-------------
Just because my second name's Jolly, it doesn't mean I have to be jolly all the ****ing time

Jolly Tours - A jolly time for all (just keep away from the fountains)

Posted By: haydn_davies
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Mister Jolly Mister Jolly wrote:

Who, Allinson for throwing it or Dom for going down so easily?!

-------------
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.

Posted By: respecto1991
Date Posted: 28 January 2012 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Originally posted by Mister Jolly Mister Jolly wrote:

Who, Allinson for throwing it or Dom for going down so easily?!

I must say, all rugby fans complain about players diving but if refs don't send off players for such obvious acts of foul play, can you blame them?

If the Scarlets player had gone down and done a Crisitano Ronaldo, Allinson would probably have been sent off

Posted By: scarletman
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 7:08am
Ooooo hang on now .... We'll be calling for one of those "citing" thingies next ... !

-------------
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 7:12am
This is the sort of incicent that the "on report" trial is aimed at. This starts in the new SH season, & if successful will be rolled out in future seasons.

-------------

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 7:15am
Citings do apply in the LV

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 7:58am
He'll def be cited for it because he ddnt receive a card. May have been different if he got yellow or red, but no card, so he'll be cited

-------------
Ry'n ni yma o hyd...

Posted By: pontystars7
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:24am
What really pleased me last night was when the final whistle went, all the Scarlets players on the bench came sprinting on the field and started hugging and jumping on the players on the field, to see such togetherness in the squad really made the victory even more for me.Clap

-------------
what was your flash forward?

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:34am

Quite right! Had to watch on S4C unfortunately, but the punitd were full of praise for both the game and the Scarlets youngsters/less experienced players. One even said that "I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a game as much!" - that says it all.

Some have at times queried the value of the tournament, but to me it seems clear that it allows teams to bring on younger players, give game time to fringe squad players or try out new ones from feeder clubs, and give a chance to those retuning from injury. It is also another piece of silverware, and looking at the team's reaction they clearly intend to try to win it, as well as the other tournaments.

A cracking good match, but it was down to the attitude of both teams - Os v Drags the previous day was rather turgid.

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Posted By: pontystars7
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:38am
Last night's official attendance 8,117, and after a game like that our attendances will continue to grow

-------------
what was your flash forward?

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:41am
Over 8000 for an LV game ain't bad at all!

-------------
Ry'n ni yma o hyd...

Posted By: The Admiral
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:41am
The Kids done good, exciting times ahead, that's all we have to do is keep the predators at bay

Posted By: kcreg
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:52am
Originally posted by North London Scarlet North London Scarlet wrote:

apparently there was only 4500 at the brewery field the night before.

-------------
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:55am

Really? Seemed like a lot more than that on the telly! Just shows how playing in a far too big stadium can turn it into an atmosphere-free 'library'.

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Posted By: scarletsrules
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 9:14am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Really? Seemed like a lot more than that on the telly! Just shows how playing in a far too big stadium can turn it into an atmosphere-free 'library'.

Yeh i think that the Brewery Field only holds like something between 7-8000

Although i didnt think there was 8,000 there for our game last night, there was a decent crowd there for an LV game. I thought about 7,000

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 9:16am
Brewery field crowd was confirmed as just under 4900.

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Brewery field crowd was confirmed as just under 4900.
pityful, considering how close it was for away fans to get to.

i understand why the o`s have moved to a smaller ground for these games, but to try and move it to an area with a history of poor support for pro rugby is a step backwards imo.

they should have taken it to st helens or the gnoll. or even aberavon. they are tied up in their own inter-political wranglings in ospreylia.

its killing them from the inside. we don`t even have to do anything as their rivals, but sit back and watch.

someone pass the popcorn.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 9:46am
Dont thing the Gnoll pitch would stand anothe team playing on it, that with Union, League, & football it is in apalling condition, so much sand on it, you keep wondering when the tide is coming in !
The Brewery field has a better hospitality suite than St Helens or the Gnoll ... so its the money factor !

-------------

Posted By: TonduTurk
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 10:34am

i dont know what happened there. he said to his touch judge "i've got it. green 9" but did nothing

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by pontystars7 pontystars7 wrote:

Last night's official attendance 8,117, and after a game like that our attendances will continue to grow
there were about 900 in the band,LOL

Posted By: multinational
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 11:01am
Fantastic advert for the game, for the competition and for the standard of players available to us if needed. Maule and Warren yet again showed touches that really do deserve more recognition at a higher level than the LV, our back row just didn't stop carrying and I felt all 6 front row forwards gave them a lesson in scrummaging last night.

On the issue of the punch, I felt that moment could have cost LI a victory. At that time they were enjoying a dominant phase in the match and I felt they could have run away from us a bit, but the bad feeling the punch left amongst the crowd and the players seemed to lift our game and LI didn't know how to cope!

-------------
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.

Posted By: Abbey
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 12:17pm
I have to say that whilst the LV Cup is a Mickey Mouse event, it has allowed us to blood several players over the past few seasons into a safe but competitive environment.

When you see "tomorrow's" players like Dan Thomas coming on (and Jordan Williams in an earlier round) then it can only benefit the region.

The LI team were no mugs and our defensive play, for the most part, was pleasing. We're obviously doing things correctly at the Parc these days!

Posted By: connor boy
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by pontystars7 pontystars7 wrote:

there were about 900 in the band,LOL
not a bad crowd thenClap

-------------
Pigeon Toed Orange Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel..........

Posted By: ChrisX
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:09pm
that Ojo try was the 1st we have conceeded in the LV this season, until last night we were the only side not to have let the opposition cross our line, that says a lot about how well our defence has gone, well done to easterby and co! looks as if the guys really want to win the lv which is great!

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I have to say that whilst the LV Cup is a Mickey Mouse event, it has allowed us to blood several players over the past few seasons into a safe but competitive environment.

When you see "tomorrow's" players like Dan Thomas coming on (and Jordan Williams in an earlier round) then it can only benefit the region.

The LI team were no mugs and our defensive play, for the most part, was pleasing. We're obviously doing things correctly at the Parc these days!

mickey mouse? there is a serious amount of winnings and exposure on offer for playing 4 games and getting thro. far more money per match for winning it than the rabo is offering i`d have thought.

plus sky exposure to the scarlets brand, ethos and culture is massive.

our club is attracting many people who previously have little reason to get involved with us. people from all over the uk.

we`ve been unlucky in this comp not to make the semi finals the last few years. something i feel would have progressed our young squad far quicker.

where are the semis to be played by the way? is it the ms double header like when we played bath?

-------------

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

that Ojo try was the 1st we have conceeded in the LV this season, until last night we were the only side not to have let the opposition cross our line, that says a lot about how well our defence has gone, well done to easterby and co! looks as if the guys really want to win the lv which is great!

yeap as i said earlier, the way we defended the halfway line at 20-19 forcing a turnover and a clinching try showed great resolve, guts and belief in each other.

-------------

Posted By: Tim Opolis
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:15pm
What a fantastic night last night, best home win of the season for me. So proud of how we defended and battled so hard. The release and sheer joy as Vili sped away at the end was priceless.

We are really moving forward now, if you'd said 5 or 6 years ago that we would beat a strong English premiership side with around 21 players not available you would be laughed at!

We have to finish the job now in Sale next weekend, and I'm sure we will, and we have a cup semi at home, how good will that be! Appy Days.Big smile

-------------
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:24pm

Great win last night enjoyable game,but Owens was very poor .

Within touching distance of a home semi,can,t wait for next Saturdays trip to Sale .

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:06pm
there is no doubt given their position in their group, and the team they picked, and given how long they`ve gone without beating us, that irish smelled scarlet blood last night.

they must have read our team sheet and licked their lips.

that is twice our kids have beaten them with quality rugby. last season steve shingler gave a masterclass from 10.

interesting hearing mike catt explaining that they didn`t realise how good he was and what they had bought until they started seeing him in training.

this is a clear complement to the standard of rugby player our academy is constantly producing. the display of dan thomas was outstanding.

i`m not even that worried about the odd one or two leaving tbh. cos the way we are producing players we wont be able to keep them all happy anyway!

-------------

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:17pm
Player retention may indeed become an issue, but won't be a problem provided as you say we keep producing them.

Posted By: Once a monkey
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:20pm
Brought a mate last night for the third time in 2 seasons, and he's a Blues ST holder. Absolutely loves coming to our place, thinks the Barn is brilliant for his son, loved the atmosphere and singing, and was very envious of the skill and passion that our kids/seconds continue to show. Don't think I'll ever turn him properly, he's a genuine Diff boy, but he described us as "we" at one stage last night, so suspect he'll come back again.

Great game of rugby, and enjoyed Dan Thomas' little cameo

-------------
#George

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Fantastic advert for the game, for the competition and for the standard of players available to us if needed. Maule and Warren yet again showed touches that really do deserve more recognition at a higher level than the LV, our back row just didn't stop carrying and I felt all 6 front row forwards gave them a lesson in scrummaging last night.

He slipped off a couple of tackles yesterday. He's vulnerable against quicker men when forced to drift. He'll have to sort that out before he can overtake Maule as 3rd choice centre.

Posted By: New_scarlet
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:46pm

Not sure, we have watched it several times and the ball was definitely grounded and then he was pulled up. Not sure why people are questioning it really. Confused

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 3:05pm

mickey mouse? there is a serious amount of winnings and exposure on offer for playing 4 games and getting thro. far more money per match for winning it than the rabo is offering i`d have thought.

Poor choice of phrase on my behalf. What I mean is that the competition's status, as an event, is diminished because of the fact that the squads are depleted. It will never be as high profile as the Heineken Cup and the Rabo is our gateway to Europe.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to progress through - especially with a home tie.

Posted By: connor boy
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by New_scarlet New_scarlet wrote:

Not sure, we have watched it several times and the ball was definitely grounded and then he was pulled up. Not sure why people are questioning it really. Confused
i thought that too.Dont know what the commentator on the red button was on aboutAngryhe bounced up off the floor with itAngry

-------------
Pigeon Toed Orange Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel..........

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 3:24pm

Poor choice of phrase on my behalf. What I mean is that the competition's status, as an event, is diminished because of the fact that the squads are depleted. It will never be as high profile as the Heineken Cup and the Rabo is our gateway to Europe.

true, but it only has teams from 2 nations in it, it was only ever a fixture filler. once on the semis its a good one to win. a twickers cup final would be good wouldn`t it?Smile

-------------

Posted By: lofty evans
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 5:21pm
Enjoyed the game, end to end stuff and it was great seeing future stars start.

-------------
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by connor boy connor boy wrote:

Originally posted by New_scarlet New_scarlet wrote:

i thought that too.Dont know what the commentator on the red button was on aboutAngryhe bounced up off the floor with itAngry

LI coach Booth said on TV that they'd been unlucky with the TMO's decisions, but I can't agree.

For the LI 'tries', the first was knocked on and grounded just short of the line. On the second, the player 'grounded' the ball on the back of his own hand - unlucky, but no try!
Manu's was the most difficult decision - there wasn't a single shot to prove he grounded the ball over the line. The TMO must have used evidence from two shots:
1. Manu clearly grounding the ball, and
2. Manu had clearly crossed the line.
Adding these together, it was clearly a valid try.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

i dont know what happened there. he said to his touch judge "i've got it. green 9" but did nothing

Did he? I didn't hear that. The commentators on S4C thought he hadn't got the number. Allinson actually approached Nigel with his captain, but was sent away "Go away, I don't want to see you" (in Welsh)! If he did know who it was, surely he had to send him off?

I thought he did OK apart from that - no other big errors that I saw.

Maybe he did us a favour, as the team and the crowd really livened up after the punch!

-------------

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 6:13pm

Did he? I didn't hear that. The commentators on S4C thought he hadn't got the number. Allinson actually approached Nigel with his captain, but was sent away "Go away, I don't want to see you" (in Welsh)! If he did know who it was, surely he had to send him off?

Maybe he did us a favour, as the team and the crowd really livened up after the punch!

Just off the top of my head:

1. LI kick off, their wing knocks the ball on 10 yards and NO sees it, he plays 'advantage' to us 15 yards behind the gainline in our own 22 - being told by Liam that he wants the scrum - tells us to play on, we clear and they get the lineout 5 yards beyond the line of the offence. Awful refereeing!

2. They are awarded a penalty, he plays advantage where they get the ball from one side of the pitch to the other, and back again, clearly wasting 2 overlaps (advantage over!!) yet goes back to the original offence.

3. Tripping in rugby = red card offence. He saw the punch imo, the 9 even practically admitted to it by running over when captains were called, yet he warned both teams??

I am starting to feel that NO is not good for us in any way, the last 10 minutes of the game was awash with them holding onto the ball on the floor and clearing rucks from the side, yet we got nothing.

-------------
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 6:18pm
With Number 1 - He told us the advantage was there if we wanted it. We played on and then kicked to touch. We could have stopped and taken the advantage but chose to play on.

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 6:23pm

With Number 1 - He told us the advantage was there if we wanted it. We played on and then kicked to touch. We could have stopped and taken the advantage but chose to play on.

How can you gain advantage from a ball being stuck in a ruck in your own 22 at least 15m behind the line of the offence? The only option we had was to kick, which automatically means advantage over (and before people suggest that Liam should have dropped the ball etc, can you imagine if NO hadn't given anything then??!!)

The kick ended up in touch short of the potential scrummage line, again how did we get advantage? 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 6:25pm

Just off the top of my head:

1. LI kick off, their wing knocks the ball on 10 yards and NO sees it, he plays 'advantage' to us 15 yards behind the gainline in our own 22 - being told by Liam that he wants the scrum - tells us to play on, we clear and they get the lineout 5 yards beyond the line of the offence. Awful refereeing!

2. They are awarded a penalty, he plays advantage where they get the ball from one side of the pitch to the other, and back again, clearly wasting 2 overlaps (advantage over!!) yet goes back to the original offence.

3. Tripping in rugby = red card offence. He saw the punch imo, the 9 even practically admitted to it by running over when captains were called, yet he warned both teams??

I am starting to feel that NO is not good for us in any way, the last 10 minutes of the game was awash with them holding onto the ball on the floor and clearing rucks from the side, yet we got nothing.

1. was a case of poor communication between NO and Liam - if  Liam had simply dropped the ball, we'd have had a scrum - but is a scrum in your own 22 better than a lineout 10 yards outside? Discuss...

2. They went ONCE across the field - it was a long advantage, but I have seen many longer. How long you wait is a sort of 'how long is a piece of string' question - very much a matter of personal opinion/taste. If a ref is consistent, then that's OK.

3. The 'trip' was a marginal one - LI could argue we were lucky to even get a penalty. I think NO's decision was about right.

I do agree that there was too much 'hands in rucks' though - but earlier on we were doing it, and he reffed us much the same.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 6:36pm

How can you gain advantage from a ball being stuck in a ruck in your own 22 at least 15m behind the line of the offence? The only option we had was to kick, which automatically means advantage over (and before people suggest that Liam should have dropped the ball etc, can you imagine if NO hadn't given anything then??!!)

The kick ended up in touch short of the potential scrummage line, again how did we get advantage? 

I know where you're coming from but....

I used a ref-link for the first time and it really alters your view of the ref's performance. On that instance, he did tell us we could take the advantage. No point in second guessing that the ref would then have denied the advantage.

He did say at the next advantage that he was blowing up so that he "didn't get into trouble (with the crowd) again".

The incident with Alinson apart, I though Nigel had a good game.

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 7:43pm

When else would those players have a game? I see them as a kind of shop window for the coaching team to see who's progressing and game time for the more established players. For a depleted squad we had an 8,000 crowd and a vocal one at that. To be honest that game last night had a HC atmosphere to it and a thrilling end.

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 7:45pm
true sa14, 8k for an lv game was good. we have a strong hardcore now.

i know many who didnt even attend yesterday too, including myself.

really exciting times ahead for us scarlets.

-------------

Posted By: SMELLYMIKE
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 7:56pm

YES IT WAS SPOTTED THAT THE BIN WAS THINNER THAN ITS USUAL SELF......Shamefull admission , cant defend the indefensible

-------------
I am only responsible for what I say. Not for what you understand

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:02pm
Abbey, it might be a Mickey Mouse tournament for the Welsh Regions, but the Premiership teams take it more seriously, especially at the knockout stage, as they can qualify for the Heineken Cup by winning it.
It,s a great stage for our fringe players to perform on and I hope it will continue.

-------------
Keep the faith

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

YES IT WAS SPOTTED THAT THE BIN WAS THINNER THAN ITS USUAL SELF......Shamefull admission , cant defend the indefensible
sacrificing these game to make sure i`m in brive pal.

you all booked for brive i presume?Wink

-------------

Posted By: Scarlet Growler
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 8:40pm
I think the LV is a great little competition. The English regions have a really good reason to try and win it because of the European qualification it produces for them. Secondly I think that the combination of LV games, and the disruption caused by the Rugby World Cup has allowed many of the younger squad players to get valuable game time.

Remember that the fringe players had a good September series of games and the LV to progress, and progress is what they've done. We also need to remember that silverware is silverware, and a good excuse for the fans to support the team in competitive games. Last night was a great game to watch, and brought more money into the club - with the youngsters coming through we'll need the extra cash to afford all these regional contracts they'll deserve next year!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed last nights game, a chance to get into the shed adults bar for a change (no teenagers with me this time), and Nigel Owen's missing that punch certainly spurred the players (and the crowd) into action, so even without a red card it certainly had a positive outcome for us.

Thanks should go to London Irish for helping to create a far better spectacle than the awful Brewery Field display the previous evening, games like that should bring the fans back again. I was surprised at the 8000+ crowd announcement, it seemed less than that to me, but was still a good crowd for an LV game!

Now then - Stockport has a through train from West Wales every hour - a bit easier than Brieve to get to!

-------------
Yma o Hyd

North Enclosure Choir member since the Stradey Days.

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 9:13pm

definiitely said that on the ref link when the punch-up was going on.

when the linesman came over after, he said "green 10" so maybe it put doubt in nigels mind.

Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 9:16pm

correct. he said "you can have the advantage if you want it" 3 times and we played on.

Posted By: bazlewis
Date Posted: 29 January 2012 at 9:38pm
The old guy who sits in front of me said blydi hell Owens is reffing as soon as he sat down, my reply was he will make 1 big mistake he always does. Nice to be proved right.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net