Forum Description: PS3, XBOX, Web Games, Member Tags
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39449
Printed Date: 16 December 2018 at 2:15am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: New Rugby Game
Posted By: English Scarlet
Subject: New Rugby Game
Date Posted: 30 April 2014 at 6:49pm
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/rugby_15/news/rugby_goes_next-gen_with_rugby_15_this_autumn.html

Could be good but very little details at the moment

Replies:
Posted By: Iwlew
Date Posted: 30 April 2014 at 6:59pm
We really need a good rugby game, if only EA Sports didn't stop making them.

-------------
And We Were Singing...

Date Posted: 05 May 2014 at 3:20pm
Id expect games out for the World Cup. I still really hope at some point there is a 7s game

Date Posted: 25 July 2014 at 12:44am
http://t.co/3otKSwBXsj
Looks like they have the Aviva and Pro12 now aswell as the French leagues, guessing this means there wont be another rugby challenge?

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 25 July 2014 at 6:39am
Also in september will be released the new Pro Rugby Manager, I'm looking forward...

Posted By: Sosban bach
Date Posted: 25 July 2014 at 11:22am
Hope it isn't still rabo as I've seen mentioned on amazon description. Don't care will still get it anyway haha! Would be amazing if they had the barn there for training sessions! Roll on the 5th sept! Drinking manager 2015!

Date Posted: 26 July 2014 at 12:13am
http://www.incgamers.com/2014/07/pro-rugby-manager-2015-being-released-by-505-later-this-year

The images look as good as a football manager modern game, hopefully the gameplay is too. Depending on the sales, if the games sell well then surely a bigger company should come into the market, id settle for Codemasters but obviously EA coming back would be amazing

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 02 August 2014 at 11:47am
EA Sports just published the rugby games. HB Studios made the majority of titles just with EA backing.
The last rugby game HB Studios made was the World Cup game few years back. whilst there was no licence for hardly any teams, game play was ok ish...nowhere near perfect.

Sidhe had fantastic licences for a rugby game and wasnt bad at all with Jonah Lomu Rugby Challnege 1 and 2 considering they had nowhere near the money that EA gave HB for past titles. Sidhe have more or less stated that they will not follow up with Rugby Challenge 3 so it looks like they have struck a deal with HB Studios for the french / aviva / pro 12 as well as world cup (which they already had apart from australia and new zealand and one or two other countries.

The new release sees EA back as the publisher, but the makers remain the same...hopefully they have a decent budget and have looked at the graphics etc from Sidhes Rugby Challenge and Big Antz Rugby League Live.

EA are weary of majorly funding rugby as the audience for it is nowhere near football / nfl etc. hopefully though this will be a good game with a decent career mode!

Pro Rugby Manager looks to be interesting. will possibly invest in that!

Date Posted: 02 August 2014 at 12:03pm
Here is some gameplay and licence talk on the new game:

Posted By: AstroScarlet
Date Posted: 02 August 2014 at 12:56pm
No online mode is pretty disappointing, especially these days. 

-------------
'Stand up at home if you're watching, that was one of the Heineken Cup great tries'

Posted By: ScarletSpiderman
Date Posted: 02 August 2014 at 1:46pm
Personally I've always found online modes annoying. There always seems to be a lag between what I'm trying to do and what is happening

Posted By: Cwm_gwendraeth
Date Posted: 02 August 2014 at 7:34pm
pro rugby manager 2015 seems to have good potential,with real squads and set moves.

Used to have a rugby game on the amiga when i was a kid where you could write your own set moves for the backs. Used to have huge success with the colin stephens,ieuan switch bac a la Aus.

Date Posted: 04 August 2014 at 2:48pm
That gameplay is from the Rugby World Cup 2011 game

-------------
And We Were Singing...

Date Posted: 02 December 2014 at 12:43am
Pro rugby manager is awful, database doesn't have an editor and Scott Williams is rated 1 star out of 5, moves don't seem to work correctly and the gameplay is abit unrealistic.

Rugby 15 has been delayed until January but you do seem to be able to buy it in the xbox store online, not sure about Playstation, £45 on the xbox one store which is relatively cheap for xbox one/PS4

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 02 December 2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by English Scarlet English Scarlet wrote:

Pro rugby manager is awful, database doesn't have an editor and Scott Williams is rated 1 star out of 5, moves don't seem to work correctly and the gameplay is abit unrealistic.

Rugby 15 has been delayed until January but you do seem to be able to buy it in the xbox store online, not sure about Playstation, £45 on the xbox one store which is relatively cheap for xbox one/PS4

PRM 2015 it's a really s###t, I Have it, a really delusion...Tomorrow will be out an other managerial game, Rugby Union Team Manager, developed from a free version game, Rugby Union Manager...seems nice, but before to buy it, I will waiting for the comments...

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 02 December 2014 at 9:39am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Here is some gameplay and licence talk on the new game:

Love the crowd after scoring, they all cheer in sync....................that is bloody awesome! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL 

-------------
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!

Date Posted: 03 December 2014 at 10:53am
Rugby Union Team Manager looks quite good, it has McCusker in the trailer

-------------
And We Were Singing...

Date Posted: 03 December 2014 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Iwlew Iwlew wrote:

Rugby Union Team Manager looks quite good, it has McCusker in the trailer

And on the Pro-Rugby Manager trailer they show the pro-12 sides and move across one by one, but then it cuts tot eh Avivia Prem before they get to us.

Yeah decision made, Rugby Union Manager is on order.

Date Posted: 03 December 2014 at 4:03pm
Reviews for Rugby Union Team Manager has been slated. 

Rugby 15 looks like a fun game to play when its out in January/Feb. Graphics are nowhere near what they should be, but game play wise, its meant to be solid. This is a first in a series from HB Studios, who made EA Rugby 08. But lacking in funding, it looks like they are taking a bit at the time. It seems Game play has been the main focus, and licensing of as much rugby teams as possible. Next years no doubt, with this platform in place, they can build to a better game graphically next year whilst keeping the game play solid as well. I'll be buying to give them support to keep delivering a rugby game year after year which HB have confirmed is happening. It looks like this is the first in a long series which is great IMO.  

Date Posted: 03 December 2014 at 7:25pm
Didn't HB also make that gawd awful RWC2011 game?

Date Posted: 04 December 2014 at 6:48pm
Rugby Challenge 2 is the best rugby game out at the moment, they should just improve that

-------------
And We Were Singing...

Date Posted: 04 December 2014 at 10:25pm
Yes HB did also make the RWC11 game. Which sucked as it only had a World Cup!

Rugby 08 is the best game since Jonah Lomu. HB have torn up RWC11 and looked back and built from scratch a new rugby game which will include a World Cup (but no All Blacks and Wallabies licence), Top 14 and French Div 2, Guiness Pro12, Aviva Prem all fully licensed. I think I have read that there will be NO career mode which sucks, plus the graphics don't look upto much...but to support a rugby game for next gen consoles I will be purchasing. Next years title will have a career and more licenses hopefully.

As for Rugby Challenge, it was great graphically, the career was fun (but sucked with the limited signings you could make. It was just rubbish for game play IMO.

Rugby League Live 2 is superb. Game play and graphics similar to Rugby Challenge with no restrictions of signings in career as long as a player was out of contract in the NRL or Super League you could go for him....players could cross over.

Rugby Challenge 2 has been confirmed the last rugby game by the studio that made it. But they still own the licence for wallabies and AllBlacks and the NZ and AUS S15 sides. Maybe next year HB will have bought them and created a nice little career mode for Rugby 16 (which is a game that will be developed).

Date Posted: 05 December 2014 at 9:08am
I really liked Rugby Challenge '05 (?) on the PS2, and the first Rugby Challenge on the PS3, but Challenge 2 did feel like more of an update that new game (to be fair pretty much only difference was the squad line ups).

I have pointed out to the wife that Rugby 15 is on the PS4 in Jan, and that I currently don't have a PS4 (and I am hoping she doesn't notice it is on the PS3), so hopefully I can win her round to letting me upgrade.

A new game every year, or even Lions/RWC years would be great, but only if they do upgrade the game each time, and don't roll out the same product with a different cover, and a few different names in the squads.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk