Forum Description: The best threads hall-of-fame dedicated to Baz
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40409
Printed Date: 19 June 2019 at 8:33am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Players' Nicknames
Posted By: The Mad Monk
Subject: Players' Nicknames
Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 9:09pm
i have been thinking after jake ball was called jake ballsack that all our players should have nick names this could be great merchundising and promoting for the scarlets club, when each player scores there could be a uniqque noise that goes round park y scarlets, players could have nick names on their backs instead of their real names, and the club shop could sell merchundise like tee shirts with players nick names, think through history at all the great nick names everyone knows who iron mike is, everyone knows who the brownville bomber is everybody knows who the lester lip is, even tiger tim, what about these

liam williams becomes L i am like will i am the popstar, sound when he scores could be party every day by black eye peas

christian philips becomes the screwdriver who scores tries like screwing in nails, sound of screwdriver when he scores

scott williams could become great scott, sound of doc brown from back to the future shouting great scott when he scores

regan king becomes the king, the sound of a royal fanfare when he scores, fans could even wear crowns in the ground

harry robinson could become harry carpenter, sound of frank bruno saying know what i mean harry when he scores

rhys could become the priest, sound of church bells when he scores, fans could wear priest collars to games i am a religous man it would not offend me

gareth davies could become gareth the great, sound of oh that fellow edwards by cliff morgan when he scores

rory pitman could become the miner, sound of miners digging for coal in the pits when he scores, this has a welsh link because of all the mines there used to be one in trimsaran where the horses race now

john barclay could become the banker, sound of money and tills when he scores barclays is a bank

rob mccusker could become rob the gog, sound of someone with a gog accent saying great try rob when he scores

george earle could become the earl, sound of the earl of kent saying do you like being a ballboy at wimbledon when he scores, link to jake ball as well

jake ball could become bouncing ball, sound of bouncing ball when he scores

samson lee could become jeans man because of lee jeans, sound of cowboys who wear jeans shouting yee ha when he scores

ken owens could become crafty ken like ken dohurty the snooker player, irish accent saying 147 when he scores

phil john likes fishing he could be called fisher and the noise could be a fisherman reeling in a nice shark when he scores

some of these are good some are not, its just an idea to make the most of what hapened to jake ball and make money and fans out of it, it could work kids would love it

i just see that i am now senior member thank you to the moderaters you are nice men with good souls

-------------
please sign my partition for shingler on wing http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/shingler-on-the-wing

Replies:
Posted By: Iwlew
Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 9:21pm
A few of our players before had nicknames which would be announced, such as:

Josh 'the termite' Turnbull
Ben 'the missile' Morgan
Ken 'the sherif' Owens
Phil 'The Fisherman' John
Pete 'the meat' Edwards

-------------
And We Were Singing...

Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 9:26pm
good evening lwlew yes good thinking but we should have branded tee shirts and noises like missiles and a sherriff when they score, sheriff noise could be western movie man saying there's only one sherrif in town and then sound of gun shots 

-------------
please sign my partition for shingler on wing http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/shingler-on-the-wing

Posted By: scarletbunyip
Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 9:57pm
I think that was terminator... Disrespect! How about roar like a lion when Rory scores? And if cub scores we could change the words of foxy lady to foxy junior?! Du du duuuu, du du duuuu, foxy... Junior!

-------------
Just drinking...

Posted By: PearlJam
Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:07pm
This is insane. Brilliant thread, but utterly (Michael Jackson's) Off The Wall bonkers.

Fair play, Monk.

-------------
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.

Posted By: KID A
Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:24pm
One of the players called Rhodri Jones "cow" on twitter this week. I laughed for what literally seemed like minutes. I hope that is his nickname. Or his middle name.

Posted By: haydn_davies
Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:24pm
I actully quite like it!!

Fab idea!!

-------------
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Just for our SA friends - Weste is die beste!

Posted By: PearlJam
Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:29pm
"a fisherman reeling in a nice shark"? I'm sorry, I'd need to hear that clip before I back that one.

-------------
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.

Posted By: minded
Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:43pm
Liam's nickname is Sanjay after the Eastenders character Sanjay, Eastenders end theme with the drums when he scores

Aled Davies could be nicknamed Aled Jones after the 80s Welsh singer Aled Jones. Snowman song to play when he scores.

Steve Shingler could be nicknamed Gerrard after the Liverpool football player Steven Gerrard. Voice with liverpudlian accent saying "I've never won the Premiership" when he scores.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPLe3ApXjW4&list=PL576FE48C1F044909&index=1" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2018

Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 10:48pm
I like all of you're thinking this idea could work can someone let the club know????moo noise for Rhodri jones I like it I could bring my cow bell as well, steward told me to put it away in ospreys game a while ago, I did not like it I am a fan not a bad man. Richard kelly could be r kelly, I believe I can fly could come on when he scores, print nick names on t shirts and get phone apps with sounds for their tries sell them on Apple store and Google anderoid shop, do not let people stop your ideas keep them coming you are clever men you're minds are your best weapons, express yourselves let your imagination run wild, club needs money and ideas

-------------

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 11:05pm
Best thread ever this. When george earl scores, I think we should have King Jaffe Joffer saying "Do not alert him to my presence. I will deal with him myself" over the sound system

Posted By: OwainLlanedi
Date Posted: 13 November 2014 at 11:22pm
Scarlet Fever is always better with the MM on the forum. Welcome back ye prophet of Scarlets common sense. Always welcome.

(Genuinely some people one here would actually love these ideas to be implemented which actually makes him not that mad and actually just a monk)

-------------
"Er gwaetha pob Dic Siôn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"

Posted By: jeremy windell
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 12:12am
Words fail me....

But this thread could have more mileage than Haydns conservatory one.

Jordan Williams - I believe I can fly

Chris Halafulalialolalamaloola - I am the invisible man (Queen)

Aaron Shingler - The sound of jet engines to show his speed on the wing

This monk fella is something special... He's not mad at all, he's a genius!!!! 

-------------
Go ahead..........Take those banana's

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 5:40am
Originally posted by The Mad Monk The Mad Monk wrote:

i have been thinking after jake ball was called jake ballsack that all our players should have nick names this could be great merchundising and promoting for the scarlets club, when each player scores there could be a uniqque noise that goes round park y scarlets, players could have nick names on their backs instead of their real names, and the club shop could sell merchundise like tee shirts with players nick names, think through history at all the great nick names everyone knows who iron mike is, everyone knows who the brownville bomber is everybody knows who the lester lip is, even tiger tim, what about these

liam williams becomes L i am like will i am the popstar, sound when he scores could be party every day by black eye peas

christian philips becomes the screwdriver who scores tries like screwing in nails, sound of screwdriver when he scores

scott williams could become great scott, sound of doc brown from back to the future shouting great scott when he scores

regan king becomes the king, the sound of a royal fanfare when he scores, fans could even wear crowns in the ground

harry robinson could become harry carpenter, sound of frank bruno saying know what i mean harry when he scores

rhys could become the priest, sound of church bells when he scores, fans could wear priest collars to games i am a religous man it would not offend me

gareth davies could become gareth the great, sound of oh that fellow edwards by cliff morgan when he scores

rory pitman could become the miner, sound of miners digging for coal in the pits when he scores, this has a welsh link because of all the mines there used to be one in trimsaran where the horses race now

john barclay could become the banker, sound of money and tills when he scores barclays is a bank

rob mccusker could become rob the gog, sound of someone with a gog accent saying great try rob when he scores

george earle could become the earl, sound of the earl of kent saying do you like being a ballboy at wimbledon when he scores, link to jake ball as well

jake ball could become bouncing ball, sound of bouncing ball when he scores

samson lee could become jeans man because of lee jeans, sound of cowboys who wear jeans shouting yee ha when he scores

ken owens could become crafty ken like ken dohurty the snooker player, irish accent saying 147 when he scores

phil john likes fishing he could be called fisher and the noise could be a fisherman reeling in a nice shark when he scores

some of these are good some are not, its just an idea to make the most of what hapened to jake ball and make money and fans out of it, it could work kids would love it

i just see that i am now senior member thank you to the moderaters you are nice men with good souls

aaron shingle-w.i.nger

-------------
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.

Posted By: solihullscarlet
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 7:03am
This is class but Monk you are so wrong about George Earle, he is clearly "the Duke" and his tries should be heralded with the classic Duke of Earle.

-------------
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12

Posted By: Sosban bach
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 8:24am
Rory the racing car.
I shot the sherif.
Sanjay could have banana man with his legs.
Samson should have a recorded version of us singing we all dream of a team of Samson lee's.

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 9:23am
"samson lee could become jeans man because of lee jeans, sound of cowboys who wear jeans shouting yee ha when he scores

ken owens could become crafty ken like ken dohurty the snooker player, irish accent saying 147 when he scores"

Are my two favourites!

Other than the batman sign in the sky, this is my favourite ever thread on this forum.

Keep up the great work Monk

Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 9:27am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

"samson lee could become jeans man because of lee jeans, sound of cowboys who wear jeans shouting yee ha when he scores

ken owens could become crafty ken like ken dohurty the snooker player, irish accent saying 147 when he scores"

Are my two favourites!

Other than the batman sign in the sky, this is my favourite ever thread on this forum.

haven't you read haydn's conservatory thread?????

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 9:28am
Originally posted by rap columbo rap columbo wrote:

Are my two favourites!

I missed that 1! send me a link   

ps where has the d'arcy is signing thread gone?

that must be floating around somewhere in cyberspace

Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 10:14am

Originally posted by rap columbo rap columbo wrote:

Are my two favourites!

I missed that 1! send me a link   

ps where has the d'arcy is signing thread gone?

that must be floating around somewhere in cyberspace
try looking under burdda or something. you won't regret it

Posted By: scarletman
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 10:56am
http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/topic24784_post851291.html#851291" rel="nofollow - http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/topic24784_post851291.html#851291

-------------
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !

Posted By: Sam Cheese
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 11:11am

george earle could become the earl, sound of the earl of kent saying do you like being a ballboy at wimbledon when he scores,

This is the funniest thing in the history of Scarletfever.

-------------
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!

Posted By: scarletman
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 12:33pm
Jacobie Adriaanse --- The Cracker ! Obvious theme tune here !

-------------
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !

Posted By: OwainLlanedi
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/topic24784_post851291.html#851291" rel="nofollow - http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/topic24784_post851291.html#851291
I was wondering if the mods could possibly start a new section with some of these Fever Gold threads because that has had me in absolute stitches 4 years later.

-------------
"Er gwaetha pob Dic Siôn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"

Posted By: KID A
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by OwainLlanedi OwainLlanedi wrote:

Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

I was wondering if the mods could possibly start a new section with some of these Fever Gold threads because that has had me in absolute stitches 4 years later.

I'll raise it with the forum gnomes

Posted By: DDF
Date Posted: 14 November 2014 at 6:36pm
Sure Parkes nickname is Mudguts.

Not sure what music you could play to that. 

Date Posted: 15 November 2014 at 1:33pm
thank for your ideas you are all fine men with good hearts and souls i have a few more, this could work someone tell the club we need someone to make tee shirts and these onsie things that are in fashion with players nick names on them, i do not now much about fashion i am a simple man, here are some more ideas, please help me i am not intrested in money only the club and getting the club to beet toolon 

rhodri jones called indiana and line when he scores on tannoy of germany has declared war on the jones boys from indiana jones, could have a photo of rhodri on tee shirts with wip and indiana jones hat

rap culumbo is clever man like george earle idea, james earl jones was darf vader, could have the line from stars wars when i left i was the apprentice but now i am the master when he scores, could have photos of other teams second rows on screens when that line comes out and fans could take light sabers to matches and wave them in other fans faces when george scores, star wars is poppular tee shirts and onesies could sell in shop, money for club to buy all blacks

adam warren could be rabbit like emenem in nine mile film, emenem song my name is could ring out adam scores and we can all shout adam because thats his name, or chaz and dave song rabbitt rabbitt rabbitt rabitt rabbitt rabbitt (rabbits live in warrens)

could use cheef brodie from jaws for phil john the fisherman, you need a bigger boat line from jaws when he scores

DDF who is parkes??? i spend much time away so i do not now all the players

thank you

for pivac his name is wayne we could do waynes world and all do the mosh from the boheemian rapsedy scene in the film when we win, he would like it and drink drinks with us in the barn it would be good for moral

thank you

-------------

Posted By: Rambo Perego
Date Posted: 16 November 2014 at 7:56pm
Made my day when I saw a new thread from the Mad Monk. This guy has talent.

-------------
"Super Phil May,
He's gonna take you higher.
Super Phil May,
He's gonna take you there"
Theme from S-Express

Posted By: New_scarlet
Date Posted: 17 November 2014 at 11:00am
I'm sure Rhodri Jones was/is known as Quadzilla due to the size of his legs. Can we get some inflatable Godzilla's in the ground? 

Best thread ever! 

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 18 November 2014 at 10:43am

thank for your ideas you are all fine men with good hearts and souls i have a few more, this could work someone tell the club we need someone to make tee shirts and these onsie things that are in fashion with players nick names on them, i do not now much about fashion i am a simple man, here are some more ideas, please help me i am not intrested in money only the club and getting the club to beet toolon 

rhodri jones called indiana and line when he scores on tannoy of germany has declared war on the jones boys from indiana jones, could have a photo of rhodri on tee shirts with wip and indiana jones hat

rap culumbo is clever man like george earle idea, james earl jones was darf vader, could have the line from stars wars when i left i was the apprentice but now i am the master when he scores, could have photos of other teams second rows on screens when that line comes out and fans could take light sabers to matches and wave them in other fans faces when george scores, star wars is poppular tee shirts and onesies could sell in shop, money for club to buy all blacks

adam warren could be rabbit like emenem in nine mile film, emenem song my name is could ring out adam scores and we can all shout adam because thats his name, or chaz and dave song rabbitt rabbitt rabbitt rabitt rabbitt rabbitt (rabbits live in warrens)

could use cheef brodie from jaws for phil john the fisherman, you need a bigger boat line from jaws when he scores

DDF who is parkes??? i spend much time away so i do not now all the players

thank you

for pivac his name is wayne we could do waynes world and all do the mosh from the boheemian rapsedy scene in the film when we win, he would like it and drink drinks with us in the barn it would be good for moral

thank you

HE'S BACK...................F**K YEAH!!!! Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileClapClapClapClapClap

-------------
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net