Forum Description: Other rugby chat
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40863
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 1:21pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hammett to leave blues.
Posted By: PE SA
Subject: Hammett to leave blues.
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 4:23pm
Set to leave Blues next week after crisis talks.

Replies:
Posted By: salmidach
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 4:38pm
citing family issues.

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 4:52pm
terrible man manager, upsets a load of players at his previous job and looks to have done the same at cardiff

Posted By: Jag
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 4:55pm
I didn't rate him from the start I must say. Or more accurately I didn't like him, and wasn't convinced his demeanour was that of a high quality coach.

I wonder if Mark Jones might end up at the Blues?

-------------
Ymlaen Llanelli!

Posted By: JonnyLewis420
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 4:57pm
Knew it wouldn't last too long the day he was announced and I saw a handful of 'get Hammett out' fan pages on Facebook from the hurricanes fans. Interested to see who they get in now. McIntosh probably deserves a go.

-------------
For the losers now, will be later to win.

Posted By: minded
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Jag Jag wrote:

I wonder if Mark Jones might end up at the Blues?
Sounds like he's the right man for Operation Omni-shambles phase 3!

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnAh1r0V9YMx4LjUAXI1AUts5jgBck9u" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2022

Posted By: InTheBath
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 5:00pm
If his family aren't settling in then it is a shame for them and Cardiff. Having someone upset the #BluesFamily wouldn't be a bad thing and there were some green shoots of recovery among the dross they've served up for the last 2 years.

Posted By: salmidach
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 5:01pm
there was a snippet on walesonline stating Matthew Rees and other players not happy with his regime, it was quickly removed.

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 5:09pm
Nigel Davies and Mark even? Evil Smile  who knows really..

Posted By: DDF
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 7:31pm

even gatland distanced himself from this appointment, after being credited in helping with the recruitment process. shows what a total mess it had become down at the blues.

Posted By: SospanMawr
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 7:38pm
It's been a shambles since he signed. They've had more investment than any other region over the last two years and can put out a very good side (on paper).
I think some of the signings come from above him, such as Adam Jones and the Welsh British Lions front row couldn't have come cheap yet Geth is the only one performing at anywhere near his form of the last 10 years.
At second row they signed a NZ international and Paolo, and at back row they have a plethora of riches Warburton Navidi Turnbull Elis Jenkins Macauley Cook Voasawai Ieuan Jones etc.
The signing of Anscombe has been embarrassing too, and they have Tuculet, Amorosino, Patchell, Cuthbert etc and a bunch of other solid pro 12 players.
Absolute shambles for years the Blues have been throwing money away and they're probably the region with the best chance of being successful with a huge amount of people within a local vicinity, a larger amount of potential backers nearby than any other region, a larger squad budget and more signings of note over the last few seasons.

Posted By: Mogwen
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 7:54pm
Isn't "family issues" an easy way to say "I'm not doing my job and I've been asked to leave" without saying he's sacked. Amicable I think the word will be used to describe this split.

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 8:00pm
And losing to Treviso tonight - Treviso already have Bonus point! Poor defence on both sides.

Posted By: M.M.
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 8:08pm
34-17 now. Cardiff look an absolute shambles at the moment.

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 8:21pm
Odd results atm.

Zebre winning 8-3 away at Leinster.

Posted By: hoppy
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 8:27pm
Edinburgh 14 Ulster 10 Half Time.

Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 8:30pm
Zebre 8-3 up at HT.

Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Zebre 8-3 up at HT.

Nigel reffing this one !!!!!!

Posted By: ExileTom
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 8:48pm
I wonder where his departure leaves Cuthberts future, wasn't Hammett's coaching intensity part of the reason he wanted to leave in the first place?

Posted By: M.M.
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 8:58pm
Blues missed 22 tackles tonight.
A huge indicator of commitment ( or lack of it).

Mackintosh accepting responsibility in the post match interview.

Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 9:17pm
Hodges doing us no favours tonight in Edinburgh.

Handed Ulster centre McCloskey a red on 58 mins and has just handed a yellow to van de Merwe the Ulster second row.

Posted By: Airdaa
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 9:51pm
Certainly didn't do Ulster any favours. Totally one eyed.

Posted By: ExileTom
Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 10:02pm

Handed Ulster centre McCloskey a red on 58 mins and has just handed a yellow to van de Merwe the Ulster second row.

So I take it thats at least McCloskey banned for our game against them next week then

Date Posted: 20 February 2015 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by ExileTom ExileTom wrote:

So I take it thats at least McCloskey banned for our game against them next week then

Being cynical, he plays for an Irish side so may get a let off !!!!!

Dangerous take out at a ruck for McCloskey, van der Merwe took a man out in the air, so both may be banned.

Let's win tomorrow first, but any help from the disciplinary panel would be welcome.

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 21 February 2015 at 8:56am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

It's been a shambles since he signed. They've had more investment than any other region over the last two years and can put out a very good side (on paper).
I think some of the signings come from above him, such as Adam Jones and the Welsh British Lions front row couldn't have come cheap yet Geth is the only one performing at anywhere near his form of the last 10 years.
At second row they signed a NZ international and Paolo, and at back row they have a plethora of riches Warburton Navidi Turnbull Elis Jenkins Macauley Cook Voasawai Ieuan Jones etc.
The signing of Anscombe has been embarrassing too, and they have Tuculet, Amorosino, Patchell, Cuthbert etc and a bunch of other solid pro 12 players.
Absolute shambles for years the Blues have been throwing money away and they're probably the region with the best chance of being successful with a huge amount of people within a local vicinity, a larger amount of potential backers nearby than any other region, a larger squad budget and more signings of note over the last few seasons.

Fair comment.

The Blues have no excuse for being as bad as they are - especially v Treviso last night.

Their record is a bit odd, though - v. poor in the pro-12, but much better in the other tournaments.

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Date Posted: 21 February 2015 at 8:57am
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Blues missed 22 tackles tonight.
A huge indicator of commitment ( or lack of it).

Mackintosh accepting responsibility in the post match interview.

Can't see how the Blues can appoint Mackintosh to the top job, even temporarily, after that shambles. He is defence coach, isn't he?

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Posted By: TheOracle
Date Posted: 21 February 2015 at 10:08am
Its really annoying that Cardiff are hiding behind the family issue statement . Hammett has strugled in wales because of the lack of quality player and hence his coaching ability was found to be less than good enough.....At least we as a region stood up and said Mark jones was crap and he can sling his hook.

-------------
I dont need Googleto answer my questions
I have a Val...apparently shes never wrong

Posted By: Scarlet O'Hara
Date Posted: 21 February 2015 at 10:42am
Would it be easier if we had a kick Mark Jones in the balls thread, just so that other threads didn't turn into one? Disapprove 

Posted By: TheOracle
Date Posted: 21 February 2015 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Scarlet O'Hara Scarlet O'Hara wrote:

Would it be easier if we had a kick Mark Jones in the balls thread, just so that other threads didn't turn into one? Disapprove 
Just a fai comparisson of similar situations ...i feel we need to learn from this because due to the laural and hardey show of the last 3 years , we have gone from being a recognised and credible force into a side that is now viewed below the italian teams ...if you want to forget fine but i certinally wontCry

-------------
I dont need Googleto answer my questions
I have a Val...apparently shes never wrong

Posted By: Iwlew
Date Posted: 21 February 2015 at 1:14pm
Just 4 wins for Blues out of 15

-------------
And We Were Singing...

Posted By: tannerbankboy
Date Posted: 22 February 2015 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by Iwlew Iwlew wrote:

Just 4 wins for Blues out of 15

And we're sitting proud on 6. As bad as they've been we're not a million miles ahead.

Posted By: Westwalian
Date Posted: 25 February 2015 at 1:15pm
Officially gone now

-------------
Defender of Priestland

Posted By: Iwlew
Date Posted: 25 February 2015 at 1:19pm
Paul John and Dale Mcintosh taken over for now

-------------
And We Were Singing...

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 25 February 2015 at 2:26pm
seeing that they will take the reins again...plus last season...they will have done the job longer than hammett...why dont they just employ them full time! 

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 25 February 2015 at 7:05pm
Anyone watch BBC4 and see Spiral? It's a great detective series set in Paris. In French, warpath subtitles.

Maybe the BBC will think of doing a series called, "Downward Spiral" and base it on the Blues off-field revolving door coach recruitment policy.

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Date Posted: 26 February 2015 at 8:46am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Anyone watch BBC4 and see Spiral? It's a great detective series set in Paris. In French, warpath subtitles.

Maybe the BBC will think of doing a series called, "Downward Spiral" and base it on the Blues off-field revolving door coach recruitment policy.

I'd rather watch Spiral than the Blues any day!LOL

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net