Forum Description: Feeder clubs, Premiership Select XV, Age grade teams
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43032
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 8:57pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Ealing away travel
Posted By: 157cb
Subject: Ealing away travel
Date Posted: 06 February 2017 at 3:01pm

Scarlets have announced travel details for the Scarlets Premiership Select  quarter final of the British and Irish Cup game at Ealing on Saturday March 11th 2pm ko .

Bus pick ups as follows Carmarthen 7am,Cross Hands 7.20am,Dominos Pizza Llanelli 7.45, and Parc Y Scarlets 8am,other pick ups available on request .

Cost £23.50a head.

Lets hope for a big Scarlets support,the youngsters deserve it ...

Replies:
Posted By: PritchyTheScarlet
Date Posted: 06 February 2017 at 6:56pm
Me and 4 others looking to go to Ealing, should be a top day out. The boys deserve a good following after how they performed in the group stages. Hope we take a good crowd!

-------------
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 07 February 2017 at 9:52am
Me plus 1 going up for the weekend. Looking forward to it, hope we can field a good side.

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Posted By: scarlets 4eva
Date Posted: 07 February 2017 at 1:34pm
Myself + 8 hopefully

-------------
SCARLET FEVER TV - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos

Date Posted: 07 February 2017 at 4:09pm

Great to hear bus tickets are going well,lets face it as been years, since Scarlets and us fans have had a quarter final too look forward to 

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 07 February 2017 at 4:51pm
Envious of this...great trip I'm sure.

Posted By: coldith
Date Posted: 07 February 2017 at 4:58pm
Gutted to miss this. Had previously booked a weekend away. ☹️

Date Posted: 07 February 2017 at 5:20pm
Been looking at a few pics of Ealing's ground, looks like it's been done up recently, very smart. Main stand on one side of the pitch, standing on the opposite side from what I could see there's a small stand behind one of the posts.

The rugby ground is part of Trailfinders Sports Club which includes 8 floodlit tennis courts, an all weather pitch and cricket facilities. Seems impressive.

-------------
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny

Posted By: LLANDRE
Date Posted: 07 February 2017 at 5:54pm
I hope nobody is getting married in Ealing that day 157cb ?!!!!

-------------
West is Best (Fin gwybod)

Posted By: SAV
Date Posted: 07 February 2017 at 8:17pm
See you up there boys .

-------------
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories

Date Posted: 07 February 2017 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I hope nobody is getting married in Ealing that day 157cb ?!!!!

Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

Posted By: SospanMawr
Date Posted: 08 February 2017 at 6:17am
Hopefully a team of
1) Wyn 2) Elias 3) Nicky 4) Bernardo 5) Helps 6) Phillips 7) Macleod 8) Allen
9) Aled D 10) Dan Jones 11) Tom Williams 12) McBryde 13) Hughes 14) Rich Smith 15) Aled
16) Emyr 17) Fawcett 18) Pete 19) Price 20) Shaun Evs 21) Rhodri Davies 22) Maynard 23) Rhodri Jones
Very good team

Posted By: s.pimpernel
Date Posted: 08 February 2017 at 8:13am
Ealing still have the two Jones brothers on their books (Llewelyn & Carwyn) who used to be with Carmarthen Quins and Scarlets academy (I think). Both play second row. I remember the Scarlets having a bit of criticism on here for not really looking at them. I think Carwyn is currently injured.

Also another ex Scarlet at hooker in the form of Rhys Lawrence. I don`t know anything about this guy tbh.

-------------
In Pivac we trust

Date Posted: 08 February 2017 at 11:15am
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Ealing still have the two Jones brothers on their books (Llewelyn & Carwyn) who used to be with Carmarthen Quins and Scarlets academy (I think). Both play second row. I remember the Scarlets having a bit of criticism on here for not really looking at them. I think Carwyn is currently injured.

Also another ex Scarlet at hooker in the form of Rhys Lawrence. I don`t know anything about this guy tbh.

Correct on them. Rhys played for the RFC a few years ago. They also have Will Harries in their backs.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 February 2017 at 11:24am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Correct on them. Rhys played for the RFC a few years ago. They also have Will Harries in their backs.

Kristian Phillips joined  after London Welsh demise .

Posted By: LLANDRE
Date Posted: 08 February 2017 at 7:15pm
Booked myself and two others on the bus for Ealing today.

-------------
West is Best (Fin gwybod)

Date Posted: 20 February 2017 at 9:38am
What are the selection rules for this competition? It would seem unfair if we just dumped a load of first teamers in there just to win it? Same goes for Leinster, Munster, Ulster and Connacht.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 February 2017 at 10:08am

What are the selection rules for this competition? It would seem unfair if we just dumped a load of first teamers in there just to win it? Same goes for Leinster, Munster, Ulster and Connacht.

If my memory serves me right 12  of the 23 that played Zebre, the following have appeared in a Scarlet shirt in the BIC this season,Steff.Hughes,Ga.Owen,Tom Williams,Dan,Aled Davies,Luke,Emyr,Nicky,Tom.Price,Tadgh,Tom Phillips and Josh ...

We pick the strongest available team which rules allow,Ealing a damn good team,we are playing for a semi final spot here,I am really looking forward to this occasion .

Posted By: tim d
Date Posted: 21 February 2017 at 4:08pm
Booked two seats for the bus today, the number is up to 40 now. Shame a lot more can't make it.

-------------
I'm sick of it

Date Posted: 21 February 2017 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by tim d tim d wrote:

Booked two seats for the bus today, the number is up to 40 now. Shame a lot more can't make it.

There is 2 buses booked provisionally for Ealing ,looking like only bus will be going,mind  you there is another 3 weeks to go before the game ...

So anyone at a loose end on March 11th,get your seats booked for this massive game for our Scarlets A team .

Posted By: John
Date Posted: 21 February 2017 at 4:44pm

Just like Northampton in the Anglo Welsh.........

Posted By: solva
Date Posted: 25 February 2017 at 11:47am
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

Been looking at a few pics of Ealing's ground, looks like it's been done up recently, very smart. Main stand on one side of the pitch, standing on the opposite side from what I could see there's a small stand behind one of the posts.

The rugby ground is part of Trailfinders Sports Club which includes 8 floodlit tennis courts, an all weather pitch and cricket facilities. Seems impressive.

Yes the ground is much improved over recent years - even levelled a touch I believe. The cash has come from the Trailfinders travel company who have their HQ on the site.  The 'clubhouse' is fabulous - I can imagine the bar and food area ringing to the sound of Sospan Fach on the day.  If you require earlier refreshment there is a decent pub about 10 minutes walk away - The Duke of Kent, Fuller's owned, which does good food, but at London prices of course. 

Sure Ealing will put out their strongest team, including Kieran Murphy. They're going well near the upper reaches of the championship so can't be taken lightly.  Squads are restricted to 22 for some reason in this competition.  If Patchell and Bulbring (if eligible) are to make their comebacks at Ealing that should help, with the likes of Aled D and Aled T in the backs alongside Conbeer, Baldwin, McBryde, Nicholas etc. 

Really looking forward to the day and hope the Scarlets' London contingent are out in force.    

Posted By: Bryn@man
Date Posted: 25 February 2017 at 2:03pm
M.M. Don't let me forget about this one. Really looking forward to it...

Posted By: M.M.
Date Posted: 25 February 2017 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

M.M. Don't let me forget about this one. Really looking forward to it...
I'll be in touch. We're going.

Date Posted: 08 March 2017 at 1:20pm
Have greater anticipation about this game than the international on Friday evening......if Aled D's not involved with Wales, he could solve the scrum half problem.  Likewise Steff E on the wing for Conbeer.  Add Aled T at FB and Tom Williams and Gareth Owen and that's a decent set of backs for Saturday.  I see that with them showing England v Scotland in the clubhouse afterwards, Ealing are billing it as   'Come and see the English make history'........

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Exactly John but are there any limitations about selecting players who haven't featured in previous rounds I wonder?

-------------

Posted By: M.M.
Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 10:46am

Originally posted by John John wrote:

Exactly John but are there any limitations about selecting players who haven't featured in previous rounds I wonder?

I don't think there are any limitations as to who we can select. 

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 11:11am
Scarlets picking a strong squad by all accounts,a quarter final with us in it,excited !!

Looks a cracking set up in Ealing .

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 12:35pm
The squad for Saturday will be very similar to the one that played against Northampton the other week in the Anglo Welsh. Scarlets website saying that Morgan Allen will lead the side, no other team news yet.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 1:09pm

The squad for Saturday will be very similar to the one that played against Northampton the other week in the Anglo Welsh. Scarlets website saying that Morgan Allen will lead the side, no other team news yet.

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Stronger than Saints squad .

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 1:41pm

That was a proper B/C team in may ways though, not enough to beat Ealing IMHO.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 1:51pm

That was a proper B/C team in may ways though, not enough to beat Ealing IMHO.

I expect that there'll be a few Scarlets fringe players to come in to strengthen the team, people like Aled Thomas etc.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 2:55pm

Needs to be stronger than that squad  to stand much chance of winning. 

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

Needs to be stronger than that squad  to stand much chance of winning. 

Oh yeah definitely. The fringe players that will come in will help us out a lot. Bit of experience to guide the younger boys.

-------------

Posted By: hoppy
Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 3:19pm
If we win on Saturday who do we play in the semi final

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 4:48pm
The other quarters are Jersey v Cornish Pirates tomorrow night.....London Irish v Yorkshire on Saturday and Munster A v Ulster A on Sunday.   

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 5:09pm
What time is the bus leaving park y scarlet on Saturday. I think I was told 8 .anyone confirm this.

-------------
I'm sick of it

Posted By: baldy
Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 5:12pm
8am parc y scarlets

-------------
yma o hyd

Date Posted: 09 March 2017 at 5:58pm
Cheers

-------------
I'm sick of it