Print Page | Close Window

Wales u20 v Ireland u20

Printed From: Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets
Category: RUGBY
Forum Name: GENERAL RUGBY
Forum Description: Other rugby chat
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43128
Printed Date: 17 December 2017 at 1:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Wales u20 v Ireland u20
Posted By: surfing-mtber
Subject: Wales u20 v Ireland u20
Date Posted: 12 March 2017 at 12:11pm
Thoroughly entertaining match, very interesting when Ireland scored twice to level it at 27-27 in the second half. Our lot are so dynamic with ball in hand, sometimes makes you cringe when isolated players try to pass out of the tackle.

Cory Baldwin had a stormer, great lines, very quick and good hands. Kieran Williams at 12 (Ospreys I think), was MOM, 3 tries,great running, strength and vision. At 5'10" he is possibly suited to the wing for the future.

They held on for a convincing win in the end. Pity about the loss to England. A young team, even for u20's, plenty of potential.

-------------
Joshua24:15



Replies:
Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 12 March 2017 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Thoroughly entertaining match, very interesting when Ireland scored twice to level it at 27-27 in the second half. Our lot are so dynamic with ball in hand, sometimes makes you cringe when isolated players try to pass out of the tackle.

Cory Baldwin had a stormer, great lines, very quick and good hands. Kieran Williams at 13 (Ospreys I think), was MOM, 3 tries,great running, strength and vision. At 5'10" he is possibly suited to the wing for the future.

They held on for a convincing win in the end. Pity about the loss to England. A young team, even for u20's, plenty of potential.

Yes, it was an entertaining match and the 'right' result - Ireland had plenty of talent in the backs, too, though I think their tries (or most of them) came from the more traditional Irish method of close-to-the-line mauling.

Williams is a bit like a smaller Scott Gibbs - very hard to stop - and I enjoyed the TH prop's running and dummies! One to watch - not sure which region he's with.


-------------
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)


Posted By: Scarletstarch
Date Posted: 12 March 2017 at 3:10pm
Lock James Ratti plays for the Ospreys Region!



-------------
"YMA O HYD"


Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 12 March 2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

The prop James Ratti plays for the Ospreys Region!

Actually, I have now been able to track down the name I wanted - it is Keiron Assiratti (some Italian blood, maybe?) who is with the Blues, and who said that he wanted to be a 10 growing up - hence the dummy, no doubt!

'Ratti' and 'Asseratti' are similar names - wonder if they are related?


-------------
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)


Posted By: John
Date Posted: 12 March 2017 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

The prop James Ratti plays for the Ospreys Region!

Actually, I have now been able to track down the name I wanted - it is Keiron Assiratti (some Italian blood, maybe?) who is with the Blues, and who said that he wanted to be a 10 growing up - hence the dummy, no doubt!

'Ratti' and 'Asseratti' are similar names - wonder if they are related?


Which may be a bit like saying that Huw Williams Jones and Adam Jones are relatedBig smile


Posted By: Scarletstarch
Date Posted: 12 March 2017 at 6:15pm
The Ratti's are a well known Italian family and settled in Penclawdd before the last World War, their cafe was a meeting place in my younger days and is now the Cariad Cafe and serves delicious homemade cakes! Smile


-------------
"YMA O HYD"


Posted By: tim d
Date Posted: 12 March 2017 at 6:24pm
James ratti`s grandfather also played for the scarlets in the late 80s as prop.

-------------
I'm sick of it


Posted By: Know if all
Date Posted: 12 March 2017 at 6:39pm
James Ratti has played lock for wales age groups and Ospreys age groups as well their ps team. He's not a prop at all


Posted By: Scarletstarch
Date Posted: 12 March 2017 at 7:30pm
My mistake as thought Commentator said Ratti so I've edited post to Lock! Bit of a senior moment LOL ConfusedEmbarrassed


-------------
"YMA O HYD"


Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 12 March 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by tim d tim d wrote:

James ratti`s grandfather also played for the scarlets in the late 80s as prop.

Did the grandfather also play for Hendy ?


Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 13 March 2017 at 11:37am
Great very entertaining game. Thought Cory & Ryan showed up very well. Our No 12 Kieran Williams is going top be some player.



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk