URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43714
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 5:40pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: NEW SEASON TICKET CARDS
Posted By: The Brain
Subject: NEW SEASON TICKET CARDS
Date Posted: 10 October 2017 at 8:09pm
What's this all about?

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/12180.php#.Wd0ZiffTW7M" rel="nofollow - New Season Ticket Cards

"Parc y Scarlets will become an access-control stadium with the advent of brand new technology allowing the region to fully engage with supporters and attendees on matchdays."

What's an access control stadium?

-------------

If you cannot bite, never show your teeth.

Replies:
Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 10 October 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by The Brain The Brain wrote:

What's this all about?

http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/news/12180.php#.Wd0ZiffTW7M" rel="nofollow - New Season Ticket Cards

"Parc y Scarlets will become an access-control stadium with the advent of brand new technology allowing the region to fully engage with supporters and attendees on matchdays."

What's an access control stadium?

Well it's already access control - you can't get in without a ticket!
I'm intrigued.

-------------
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh

Posted By: cymru2006
Date Posted: 10 October 2017 at 8:55pm
If it’s like other stadiums, the new season tickets will have a chip in. Turn styles are then in manned and you scan the card to gain entry, much like contact less payments. Should speed up the entry and also gives the club info on who enters the ground at what gate etc. They can be expanded to pay for goods, drinks etc where you can pre- load the card with monies. Would be really useful if we could pay for drinks etc , would speed up service and reduce money handling by the servers.

-------------
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted By: Scarlet O'Hara
Date Posted: 10 October 2017 at 9:07pm
That's what I had assumed. I didn't know you could also pay for drinks etc.

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 10 October 2017 at 9:12pm
Plus if you don’t go, they can follow you up with an email to say, “sorry we missed you” etc.

Good move. More data to the club so they can focus their efforts on satisfying the needy hordes, as well as the less needy.

They’ve also got more info as to who they can send the tailored message to encourage the fringe followers to keep the faith.

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Posted By: cymru2006
Date Posted: 10 October 2017 at 9:50pm
Paying for drinks car be programmed into the cards, but would need the tills changed I presume, so probably won’t have the option initially. It may be that they are introducing it solely for access and data collection as mentioned. Who knows payments may come at a later date!

-------------
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Date Posted: 10 October 2017 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

Paying for drinks car be programmed into the cards, but would need the tills changed I presume, so probably won’t have the option initially. It may be that they are introducing it solely for access and data collection as mentioned. Who knows payments may come at a later date!
The technology for contactless payment is becoming pretty ubiquitous. It's about time the Parc caught up with the times

Last yr I went to the Sarries match. Mrs dropped me off at the gate while she and my girls went into the big smoke. As I walked up to the bar I remembered I'd left my wallet in the front of the car! 

Could have been in for a dry evening or begging Redzep for some beer tokens. Thankfully they had contactless at every till. Pretty basic these days.

-------------

Posted By: cymroab
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 12:03am
Will this mean that all regions will give actual attendances? I know ST holders who only go to 2 or 3 games a year but will still be counted for attendance figures. Could be savings in stewarding as I think numbers of stewards needed is based on attendance

Posted By: minded
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

The technology for contactless payment is becoming pretty ubiquitous. It's about time the Parc caught up with the times

Last yr I went to the Sarries match. Mrs dropped me off at the gate while she and my girls went into the big smoke. As I walked up to the bar I remembered I'd left my wallet in the front of the car! 

Could have been in for a dry evening or begging Redzep for some beer tokens. Thankfully they had contactless at every till. Pretty basic these days.
A work colleague visited y parc this Summer for the first time for a concert, spoke to him the week afterward and he was completely perplexed that we didnt have the means to pay for drinks on card saying he would have spent £20-30 on drinks between him and his wife, which didn't happen due to them not bringing cash. 

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnAh1r0V9YMx4LjUAXI1AUts5jgBck9u" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2022

Posted By: salmidach
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 10:13am
it would be great if the cards had an NFC chip and you could top it up and pay for drinks etc on your season ticket.

-------------
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 11:46am
Some stadiums have a simpler system where its just a barcode scanner (Madejski?).
If the club are serious about having some kind of reloadable prepaid card or a loyalty application on a normal credit card then it's a lot more outlay. We do need terminals at the outlets if nothing else.

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 12:25pm
I don’t see the point of using ST cards as payment cards, we all have debit or credit cards. Maybe scan them like loyalty cards

-------------

Posted By: Once a monkey
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Plus if you don’t go, they can follow you up with an email to say, “sorry we missed you” etc.

Good move. More data to the club so they can focus their efforts on satisfying the needy hordes, as well as the less needy.

They’ve also got more info as to who they can send the tailored message to encourage the fringe followers to keep the faith.
In a nutshell

-------------
#George

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 12:58pm
Just had mine. They still have to be scanned.

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:17pm
great way to double attendance,i got 2 now.

Posted By: ScarletSpiderman
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:40pm

I don’t see the point of using ST cards as payment cards, we all have debit or credit cards. Maybe scan them like loyalty cards

Thats my thought.  If you need to pre-load the card tehn come the last game of the season you'll be forcing down beers to ensure no money is left on the card.  Or, you'd just continue using cash to avoid running out or over loading the card.

Posted By: joni_bach
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 2:32pm
I was rather confused when my second season ticket came through in the post this morning and immediate thoughts were that it was a mistake and I wondered who I could flog it to. 

Anyway, I won't be going on to the Ticketdisaster website if I need any extra tickets, not after the Pro12 final debacle, being charged £3.25 to use my own paper and ink to print off tickets at home; I'll still be using the ticket office. 

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Thats my thought.  If you need to pre-load the card tehn come the last game of the season you'll be forcing down beers to ensure no money is left on the card.  Or, you'd just continue using cash to avoid running out or over loading the card.
Agree to a point but you never load that much. The whole reloadable concept is widely use now at concerts, festivals where you don't want to carry a wallet/purse. Just have a wristband or similar. It also ties the wearer to the club so it's guaranteeing the sales Smile

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

There's no reason why you can't keep the card from one season to another !!!!

If you don't renew for next season, then the card gets disabled to stop you from using it.

This is an idea. i'm NOT saying that this is what will happen.

Posted By: cymroab
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 5:17pm
Got mine this morning. Not a chip, just a barcode printed on the back. Last years had a barcode so no different.

Personally wouldn’t load it up for drinks etc, I’d use contactless card/Apple Pay if tills had the tech. Now if it was 10p a pint cheaper for ST holders I might consider it.

Posted By: philtheturk56
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 5:28pm
My concern is with these cards is that you will not be allowed into certain areas/bars etc..Y clwb!!

No steward on door, entrance deigned, do you argue with the card scanner!!! 

Posted By: SAV
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 7:30pm
Come on scarlets get a grip . How about st holders discount at the bar . All the technology is there . When we were in saracens last season they had a great scheme in place . Arm band with chip on , scan your pre loaded arm band in all outlets .

-------------
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories

Posted By: Scarlet O'Hara
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by philtheturk56 philtheturk56 wrote:

My concern is with these cards is that you will not be allowed into certain areas/bars etc..Y clwb!!

No steward on door, entrance deigned, do you argue with the card scanner!!! 

They won't be doing away with stewards, some of the people on the turnstiles perhaps. There will still have to be someone available for any problems with cards, plus no stewards would equal no match.  

Posted By: 1000ydstare
Date Posted: 11 October 2017 at 10:39pm
Website says it's recommended you activate the card before the Bath game to get all the benefits of being a season ticket holder. What is this activation all about?

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 12 October 2017 at 5:59am
how much has it cost to re do these cards so early in the season?

Posted By: Bryn@man
Date Posted: 12 October 2017 at 7:10am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

how much has it cost to re do these cards so early in the season?

How much are they saving or even making with the Ticketbarstud deal?

Posted By: Micro Duck
Date Posted: 12 October 2017 at 9:13am
Scarlets said on Facebook that you don't HAVE to activate the card.

They will still get you into the ground without activation.

But you won't get the additional benefits. 

And we don't know what these benefits will be. 

-------------
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/

Date Posted: 12 October 2017 at 5:36pm
And what’s happened to the VIP club that’s been coming soon for ages and what is it?

Posted By: mammamammon
Date Posted: 12 October 2017 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by 1000ydstare 1000ydstare wrote:

Website says it's recommended you activate the card before the Bath game to get all the benefits of being a season ticket holder. What is this activation all about?

Anybody have any insight about how to activate the new season ticket?

-------------
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com

Posted By: ScarletSpiderman
Date Posted: 12 October 2017 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by mammamammon mammamammon wrote:

Originally posted by 1000ydstare 1000ydstare wrote:

Anybody have any insight about how to activate the new season ticket?

I think it said visit a website and enter the number on the back of the card (details on the Scarlets website)

Posted By: philtheturk56
Date Posted: 12 October 2017 at 7:31pm
had my card today, there is a chip on it, and it says which BAR i can use!!!

so no Y clwb on it!!

Posted By: scarletsmad_87
Date Posted: 13 October 2017 at 1:06am
Personally I'm glad the Scarlets are introducing new technology with these Season ticket cards.

Every match I been to this season I have been so surprised of the lack of checks on these ticket cards. With a quick show of the card at the turnstiles they let you in no questions asked and don't check the cards for authenticity or validation. I expected at the very least to be questioned or have the card physically checked by the ticket staff or stewards. 

I joked with a friend about the situation and said that anybody could just make one of these cards at home and most probably get in and watch the game scot free, particularly the enclosure. 

I am very glad that this new system is been put into place and the Scarlets are using up to date tech and facilities for season tickets. By using this new system more accurate attendances can be calculated including the amount ST holders attending.   

Date Posted: 13 October 2017 at 4:15am
Isn’t it the same as past seasons though? You show
The ticket and it’s scanned. What’s different?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net