Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=43997
Printed Date: 19 September 2018 at 2:41pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Scarlets Macron Shop - more jerseys coming
Posted By: CRYS16
Subject: Scarlets Macron Shop - more jerseys coming
Date Posted: 30 December 2017 at 9:48pm
In response to a number of issues raised by our members over the last few months regarding the Macron Shop at Parc Y Scarlets, we'd like to assure members that we have contacted the Scarlets, raising all these issues and we are awaiting a reply.

Join Crys 16 for free at http://www.crys16.cymru" rel="nofollow - Crys16.cymru

-------------
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru

Replies:
Posted By: cymru2006
Date Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:17pm
Brilliant will be good to see the response. Stock levels are terrible, at possibly the busiest time of the year. Not only jerseys, but all merchandise.

-------------
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted By: Speedy
Date Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:27pm
This just seems to be an ever occuring cycle here. Its very worrying when the club cant get such small scale issues running smoothly.

To their credit, Mooney, and the Jumper had the perfect hands on style to manage these things.

They were there, smelling tasting and breathing the matchday experience alongside us, and when things went wrong, supporters could see them trying to put things right, and the following game had organised things to prevent those mistakes again.

I am not getting any of that from this current set up.

We are at one of our highest peaks in year on the field. Yet off the field we are in the doldrums.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos

Date Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:29pm
The shop we currently have is no better now, than the portacabin one we had at Stradey.

Just let that sink in for a minute.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos

Posted By: cymru2006
Date Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:42pm
It really is dreadful, to have no jerseys home or away available on sale in the lead up to Christmas and a sold out Boxing Day game is crazy. Shop workers suggesting fans should look on Lovell rugby as no further jerseys will be coming to the store. Really is amateur and is poor, we have a big game against bath coming up and people can’t get team merchandise. Piss up and brewery come to mind, and doesn’t reflect well on macron as a supplier.

-------------
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted By: SospanMawr
Date Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:56pm
Thanks for your work Crys

Posted By: Dafen Boy
Date Posted: 30 December 2017 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

It really is dreadful, to have no jerseys home or away available on sale in the lead up to Christmas and a sold out Boxing Day game is crazy. Shop workers suggesting fans should look on Lovell rugby as no further jerseys will be coming to the store. Really is amateur and is poor, we have a big game against bath coming up and people can’t get team merchandise. Piss up and brewery come to mind, and doesn’t reflect well on macron as a supplier.

I was over there last summer, and will be again this February. I found very little which would fit me, and I wear large in most shirts, but there were alot of XXX large and little else..

The quality was very poor for a 60 pound collared tee shirt. I still bought a couple though...and wear it to work with pride. Thumbs Up

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 30 December 2017 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

This just seems to be an ever occuring cycle here. Its very worrying when the club cant get such small scale issues running smoothly.

To their credit, Mooney, and the Jumper had the perfect hands on style to manage these things.

They were there, smelling tasting and breathing the matchday experience alongside us, and when things went wrong, supporters could see them trying to put things right, and the following game had organised things to prevent those mistakes again.

We are at one of our highest peaks in year on the field. Yet off the field we are in the doldrums.

And if I had to choose which side of the business the senior management got right it would be on the pitch.

Of course that's no excuse for the shambles that is the club shop. I'm sure subbing it out to Macron made perfect sense at the time of the deal. There's only so much bandwidth for the management team to use, and the resources seem to be aimed at commercial revenue now, which is why we can spend so much on the squad.

And Mooney et al  - did they really sort the match day experience right? Not sure, but I remember queuing to buy a wristband to get into the barn once - seemed very odd. Then all the restrictions on where you could wander with your plastic glass of beer inside the barn. You couldn't take it out of the bar areas to buy a pork roll.

The main problem is the place wasn't designed for the match day. The concourse bars everywhere except the south stand are crafty and soul-less. The barn is a compromise. 

Places like Allianz park or Franklins Gardens with the huge open bars under the stand just seem so much more fan friendly.

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 30 December 2017 at 11:09pm

The shop we currently have is no better now, than the portacabin one we had at Stradey.

The Rhino year (s) was the best we ever had at PYS for march IMHO. Cotton replica jerseys, heritage stuff, loads of variety.

-------------
We're still still here!

Posted By: Scarlet O'Hara
Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 12:53am

I liked that one though and it had Gavin Q sometimes serving, but I think it had more to do with the girl behind the desk.

Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Scarlet O'Hara Scarlet O'Hara wrote:

I liked that one though and it had Gavin Q sometimes serving, but I think it had more to do with the girl behind the desk.

I must admit the young lady at the shop who was about a third of my age was very pleasant and that made the overpaying less painful...Big smile

Posted By: james1984
Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 9:53am
It is such a shame I have 2 nieces one I got in first and converted in to a Scarlets fan (before birth) the other my dad got to first and she's an O. I have to say this Christmas I could get pens pencils key rings stickers even glasses case and tooth brush from the O shop. But really struggled to get the my favourite niece much with Scarlet's on. There is also a lack of choice for us wider folk as the XL stuff sold out really fast. Well done Crys keep up the good work.

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 10:00am
Have the other clubs who are supplied with Macron got kit in stock especially Jerseys home and away and women range? Such a shame. It was great in first half of season but something has appar gone badly wrong in December. One that  Crys will be very keen to solve! 

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

And if I had to choose which side of the business the senior management got right it would be on the pitch.

Of course that's no excuse for the shambles that is the club shop. I'm sure subbing it out to Macron made perfect sense at the time of the deal. There's only so much bandwidth for the management team to use, and the resources seem to be aimed at commercial revenue now, which is why we can spend so much on the squad.

And Mooney et al  - did they really sort the match day experience right? Not sure, but I remember queuing to buy a wristband to get into the barn once - seemed very odd. Then all the restrictions on where you could wander with your plastic glass of beer inside the barn. You couldn't take it out of the bar areas to buy a pork roll.

The main problem is the place wasn't designed for the match day. The concourse bars everywhere except the south stand are crafty and soul-less. The barn is a compromise. 

Places like Allianz park or Franklins Gardens with the huge open bars under the stand just seem so much more fan friendly.

Choose? Surely off the back of on field success, you shouldnt be choosing if you want the off field success. That should be one of the advantages of being succesful on the pitch....only a complete spanner could mess up the off field success of a succesful team surely?

-------------

Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I agree with all of your points in the second half of your post however. The main point i was making about Mooney and Jumper is that they were there. They could be seen to be doing something about it and had their fingers on the pulse. It takes weeks of moaning and CRYS16 getting involved for them to even notice its rubbish at the moment. 

Not many clubs have the facilities and opportunities that we have, yet somehow we still stink the joint up with amatuer attitudes.

-------------

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 1:08pm
Dave Stock was always in the Barn pre match. Wasn't as well known as Moon, so he may have gone under the radar. However he was there I can assure you.

Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 1:16pm
Been a change recently with Carrie looking after Stadium Event and Nathan the commercial stuff. New staff doesn't help as need time to settle in. Crys will want to address big time I am sure -especially the shop.

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 1:53pm
Has anyone spoken or written to Ray at the Macron shop? Might be more productive to get their side of the story.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Posted By: CRYS16
Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 1:59pm
We'll keep members in the loop as much as possible about this. If you're not a member, please feel free to join at crys16.cymru

-------------
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru

Posted By: henry_winkler
Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Has anyone spoken or written to Ray at the Macron shop? Might be more productive to get their side of the story.

Spoken to him on Twitter and his reply was "I'm not here to bat away criticism" and he locked his account.

This whole Macron farce needs to be put to bed, they need to go and someone like vx3 needs to come in.

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 2:22pm
The problem with us signing long term kit deals is companies just don't care. They have the contract why bother. We need a reputable kit and merch provider, preferably one of the big ones. Nike, adidas, under armour or canterbury.
Macrons quality and range is sub-standard and overpriced, a real shame as i think the away jersey design is fantastic. But the stitching and fabric just isn't.

Posted By: gogexile
Date Posted: 31 December 2017 at 9:51pm
I know of another pro sports club in wales wrexham fc who are also macron and theres plenty of stuff available there over christmas. They have 3 jerseys all sizes available over xmas too. Previous to macron they had adidas and nike both were very poor with delivering kit on time. The wrexham macron store is very popular. Ive ordered a few things from there online last few years and had no problem with getting my XL stuff tbh. They really need to up their game in the macron shop in PYS as lack of stock is denying the club vital income. Are northampton experiencing the same problems as us seeing as their with macron too?

Posted By: NeylandAllBlack
Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 6:16am
How on earth have we come to this?

No replica kits for Christmas and no shirts until the new kit comes out?

Somebody needs hauling over the coals for this!!

Can you see this happening at any other club?

I'm absolutely dumbfounded by this.

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:06am
Launched our replica kits 3 months early, under-estimated the impact that would have on our rolling stock levels, and obviously didn't buy enough product in total as sales exceeded previous buys. Then didn't have a replenishment programme in place that brought in drops of new product at key times ( pre home Euro games, Xmas etc).

This sort of stuff happens regularly right across the retail platform. No one is exempt from good selling product impacting stock for sales.

So I'll make a suggestion rather than jump on the bandwagon...
Possible Buy profile..
Kit launch in May '18...25% of the total buy across all ranges and sizes.
Replenishment in week 6~8( in time for season start) ..50%
Top up/replenishment at the first Euro home game (10%) and pre Xmas ( 15%)

The supplier would make it all in 1 run, but we can call the stock in, and more importantly only then pay for it, to the sort of profile above.

It's disappointing not to maximise sales, but I'm sure the club will review and learn from this.

Sales of replica wear drop off the cliff from Jan onwards, with the only notable movement of replica gear being when it goes on sale.

The only bit I do keep repeating, there are no manufacturing platforms sat waiting for such shortage of stock issues, most factories are full to optimum for 4-6 months in advance...at least the good ones are anyway. We are also talking probably about needing another 500-1000 more items across all ranges and sizes...a tiny amount and very un-attractive and in-efficient for any factory to make as a run.

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:26am
Thank you for the insight once again Wil.

Unacceptable but we are here now.

CRYS will raise this and other issues with the Club. In the meantime it may help if people held back a little.

I think some quiet diplomacy may get some answers which CRYS will post on here or sent out directly to members by e mail.

Posted By: SAV
Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:40am
Thanks wil, that reply is spot on . Retail and stock availability is a nightmare these days .

-------------
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:46am
Thanks Wil.

It’s not the first time you’ve explained this.

Hopefully, more will remember it this time.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 10:30am
It would never happen to Adidas....Im just saying.

"thanks Will"

Dead

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 10:31am
I love Will as much as the next man, but guys take the man love to private chat yeah?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 11:48am
I don't think there is any so called man love here. Indeed you would think a bit of free unofficial consultation with eg Wil as a man who knows the Rag trade inside out would have been considered! It's the lack of explanation and communication with supporters that is so disappointing. No wonder fake copies of jerseys pop up! 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 11:51am
As a fall back check out for any Llanelli RFC retro kit from vx-3 in Dafen. Nice 25 year Oz game anniversary gear.

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I don't think there is any so called man love here. Indeed you would think a bit of free unofficial consultation with eg Wil as a man who knows the Rag trade inside out would have been considered! It's the lack of explanation and communication with supporters that is so disappointing. No wonder fake copies of jerseys pop up! 

Mine is original. 

I am fine with Wills input.

But I am not the only one who notices the little entourage of sickliness that comes after his every post. Especially as sometimes he is saying the very thing others were shouted down for.

Plenty others see it.

It was brought to my attention a while ago. 

I thought it was time it was highlighted. Are people aware they are doing it?

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Launched our replica kits 3 months early, under-estimated the impact that would have on our rolling stock levels, and obviously didn't buy enough product in total as sales exceeded previous buys. Then didn't have a replenishment programme in place that brought in drops of new product at key times ( pre home Euro games, Xmas etc).

This sort of stuff happens regularly right across the retail platform. No one is exempt from good selling product impacting stock for sales.

Possible Buy profile..

The supplier would make it all in 1 run, but we can call the stock in, and more importantly only then pay for it, to the sort of profile above.

It's disappointing not to maximise sales, but I'm sure the club will review and learn from this.

Sales of replica wear drop off the cliff from Jan onwards, with the only notable movement of replica gear being when it goes on sale.

The only bit I do keep repeating, there are no manufacturing platforms sat waiting for such shortage of stock issues, most factories are full to optimum for 4-6 months in advance...at least the good ones are anyway. We are also talking probably about needing another 500-1000 more items across all ranges and sizes...a tiny amount and very un-attractive and in-efficient for any factory to make as a run.

Thaaaaaank Willl. xxx luv and hugs. Best wishes, da crew.Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 1:52pm
Surprisingly churlish from you Speedy. You must have your reasons I guess.

Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 4:46pm
On a positive, sales have surely exceeded expectations. 
Well, what the hell can we do to address this I wonder? 

Out of the box thinking: If there is not enough stock to sell, open up the shop to sell burgers and snacks to the general public on match days.

-------------
We're still still here!

Posted By: 2ndtimeround
Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 7:57pm
The bit I don’t get as far as not been able to get more kit is I can walk into either of the local sports kit providers with a brand new kit design and have them made to order in less than 2 months, if the small local suppliers have access to this kind of manufacturing capability then why can’t a major player like Macron achieve the same.
Incidentally further orders are quicker once the design is set up.

Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 8:05pm

Maybe, maybe i am tired of certain posters saying something and getting rounded in on. But then when you say the exact same things on here, its confetti time.

That is not what Fever should be about.

A debate should be judged on the content, not who is saying what.

I hope you understand my point, its nothing against you. More the little bandwagon following your every post that I am sure you couldnt give two hoots about.

Smile

-------------

Posted By: Gate12
Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 8:53pm
In fairness chips' opinion on this particular topic is a bit more detailed, and useful for crys, than a comparison of the current shop to the cabin in stradey.

In a rare scarletfever moment this is actually a topic when a poster has a genuine clue what they're talking about.

No offence, everyone!

Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by 2ndtimeround 2ndtimeround wrote:

The bit I don’t get as far as not been able to get more kit is I can walk into either of the local sports kit providers with a brand new kit design and have them made to order in less than 2 months, if the small local suppliers have access to this kind of manufacturing capability then why can’t a major player like Macron achieve the same.

It's a solid notion and it can work to a point, but there are obstacles.

The limitations are based on price (not the selling price, but the price paid by us for the shirts i.e. Our margin would be notably lower due to the higher labor costs.

Regulatory compliance around who any main stream brand can use to make their product - they have strict international accreditation standards to attain....for info there is just 1 such factory in the UK these days.

Capacity...a playing kit order is a few thousand pieces..most local units are small family owned traders with the capacity of a couple of hundred pieces a week.

Capability. People can get replica tops made but shorts, and particularly socks are a different process, not many outlets.

Date Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:47pm

Maybe, maybe i am tired of certain posters saying something and getting rounded in on. But then when you say the exact same things on here, its confetti time.

I hope you understand my point, its nothing against you. More the little bandwagon following your every post that I am sure you couldnt give two hoots about.

Smile

I think I might get a little of what you mean, and by little, I mean 5%.'

Anyway it's as good a time as any for this.

I recently again read a post from about month ago, around the time that the announcement of Scott leaving came out, I may have mentioned it already so apologies if I'm repeating myself.

I think it was ScarletRob who posted it-great post, well scripted (again apologies if I'm wrong there) , but the essence of the post was how, when it became known down the years that I was Scott's old man, it affected how some posters ( new or old) posted.

Some wouldn't post thoughts on Scott for fear of offending me, others would go out of their way to post exaggerated or fabricated stuff just to have a go.

Anyway it's something that was thought provoking and resonated with me. I reflected that I actually call to order anyone who posts nonsense about Scott, more so than other players perhaps, but at the same time totally defended the right for anyone to post what they like of course, it's a public forum. I know the score, i can live with it, but I wasn't looking at it through the lems of other posters.

In recent times there's been so much conflict attributed to me and/or Scott that the virtues of posting/ being part of Scarlet Fever have diminished to the point where I can't really remember what they were in the first place.
This thread a case in point, but they are pretty much every thread I post in. I'm trying to offer some plausible explanation and suggestion for a difficult situation here..pointless really.

So for the other 95% I have to say I don't really care for your childish jibes Speedy, regardless of how you try to polish them up, it's pathetic.
Same goes for several other posters who mistake this chat forum for a school playground. You know who you are, just as those who try to post thoughtful, evaluated, investigated and considered views know who they are.

I may call in from time to time with news from the dark side next season and will endeavour see all those whose opinions I value and appreciate during the rest of this season and beyond.

Blwyddyn newydd dda, let's hope for a great 2nd half of the season with some silverware at the end of it.

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 8:07am

Possible Buy profile..

Thanks for the insight Wil. Still find it incomprehensible that we didn't have any kit for Christmas.

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 9:02am
Informative Wil . Operational facts which help explain a mystifying situation to most of us who know nothing of the garment producing trade. I am certainly not kissing your butt but simply just grateful for the information given from a position of knowledge on what is really quite an important issue . At a loss to understand the negativity posted by one member on this particular issue tbh. 🤔

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 9:34am

Originally posted by 2ndtimeround 2ndtimeround wrote:

It's a solid notion and it can work to a point, but there are obstacles.

The limitations are based on price (not the selling price, but the price paid by us for the shirts i.e. Our margin would be notably lower due to the higher labor costs.

Regulatory compliance around who any main stream brand can use to make their product - they have strict international accreditation standards to attain....for info there is just 1 such factory in the UK these days.

Capacity...a playing kit order is a few thousand pieces..most local units are small family owned traders with the capacity of a couple of hundred pieces a week.

Capability. People can get replica tops made but shorts, and particularly socks are a different process, not many outlets.

Thanks for the reply Wil and I would certainly bow to your knowledge on the clothing trade.
Whilst I understand there is a huge difference in the complexity involved with the scales involved, I still feel that Macron could have done more to prevent the shop turning into a weak point at the stadium.
Though they may not have been able to produce more of the current seasons kit, I do think they could have done far more to keep the shop stocked and worth visiting, if not with the originally planned ranges then through the use of more generic merchandise, at least that way there would be something on sale even if it was just training kit or leisure wear without Club branding.
Apart from the lack of stock actually training the staff there to come across as if they care, (they clearly don't seem to at the moment.) would make a huge difference.
My own background is retail and I know from personal experience that its very difficult to change the public perception once it turns bad and that it only takes one bad department (ie the shop) to paint a poor picture of the whole company (ie the club).

Posted By: Micro Duck
Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:16am
I don't care what Speedy says, I find Wil's post's about the textile industry to be well informed and interesting.

Do VX3 manufacture overseas?

Their product range is limited, but their replica shirt are pretty decent for a local company.

I've bought two from them now. It would be nice to have a local company involved if that was financially viable.

-------------
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk/" rel="nofollow - http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:22am

Informative Wil . Operational facts which help explain a mystifying situation to most of us who know nothing of the garment producing trade. I am certainly not kissing your butt but simply just grateful for the information given from a position of knowledge on what is really quite an important issue . At a loss to understand the negativity posted by one member on this particular issue tbh. 🤔

Why? There are a number of reasons why people could be pissed off. Just because Wil has given a valid explanation it doesn't stop people from feeling aggrieved.

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

I don't care what Speedy says, I find Wil's post's about the textile industry to be well informed and interesting.

Their product range is limited, but their replica shirt are pretty decent for a local company.

I've bought two from them now. It would be nice to have a local company involved if that was financially viable.
fair play to wil he's normally on the button when clothing is the topic.LOL

-------------
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.

Posted By: redeyes
Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Spoken to him on Twitter and his reply was "I'm not here to bat away criticism" and he locked his account.

This whole Macron farce needs to be put to bed, they need to go and someone like vx3 needs to come in.

Not sure VX3 is the answer, the Quins had a nightmare getting kit for this season.

-------------
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Posted By: haydn_davies
Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:41am
Lets be honest here, if what's happened with Macron happened at any of the other sides in Wales, particularly Ospreys, we'd be calling them all sorts.

It's pi55 poor and amateurish.

There should be financial repercussions for Macron if the contract they had with the Scarlets was drawn up correctly.

Possibly the worst kit supplier we've had, for various reasons.

-------------
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Just for our SA friends - Weste is die beste!

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:43am

Smile

I think I might get a little of what you mean, and by little, I mean 5%.'

Anyway it's as good a time as any for this.

I recently again read a post from about month ago, around the time that the announcement of Scott leaving came out, I may have mentioned it already so apologies if I'm repeating myself.

I think it was ScarletRob who posted it-great post, well scripted (again apologies if I'm wrong there) , but the essence of the post was how, when it became known down the years that I was Scott's old man, it affected how some posters ( new or old) posted.

Some wouldn't post thoughts on Scott for fear of offending me, others would go out of their way to post exaggerated or fabricated stuff just to have a go.

Anyway it's something that was thought provoking and resonated with me. I reflected that I actually call to order anyone who posts nonsense about Scott, more so than other players perhaps, but at the same time totally defended the right for anyone to post what they like of course, it's a public forum. I know the score, i can live with it, but I wasn't looking at it through the lems of other posters.

In recent times there's been so much conflict attributed to me and/or Scott that the virtues of posting/ being part of Scarlet Fever have diminished to the point where I can't really remember what they were in the first place.
This thread a case in point, but they are pretty much every thread I post in. I'm trying to offer some plausible explanation and suggestion for a difficult situation here..pointless really.

So for the other 95% I have to say I don't really care for your childish jibes Speedy, regardless of how you try to polish them up, it's pathetic.
Same goes for several other posters who mistake this chat forum for a school playground. You know who you are, just as those who try to post thoughtful, evaluated, investigated and considered views know who they are.

I may call in from time to time with news from the dark side next season and will endeavour see all those whose opinions I value and appreciate during the rest of this season and beyond.

Blwyddyn newydd dda, let's hope for a great 2nd half of the season with some silverware at the end of it.

I think its been a very difficult situation for you. Which you have done your best to handle with grace.

My point was never about you, or what you post. It was others reactions to what you post. 

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:45am

I do too.

Its just that when other posters on here have said the exact same things Will has, certain posters have found it anything but interesting.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:53am

I do too.

Its just that when other posters on here have said the exact same things Will has, certain posters have found it anything but interesting.

you are coming across as envious and have turned that envy into childish little digs at wil,perhaps some people find wils posts carry more depth because of his knowledge of the subject.

-------------

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 12:26pm

Possible Buy profile..

Good post and all understood. My only question would be, are we the only Macron supported team who have encountered such issues? I've not heard of any other team having virtually nothing available for Christmas sales or have we encountered such issues in the past (or have we?). Seems odd.

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Possible Buy profile..

Good post and all understood. My only question would be, are we the only Macron supported team who have encountered such issues? I've not heard of any other team having virtually nothing available for Christmas sales plus how have we avoided such issues in the past (or haven't we?). Seems odd.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 1:06pm

Possible Buy profile..

Good post and all understood. My only question would be, are we the only Macron supported team who have encountered such issues? I've not heard of any other team having virtually nothing available for Christmas sales or have we encountered such issues in the past (or have we?). Seems odd.

I trust vendors are being paid in a timely manner....a problem for many small businesses...just asking, no judgement implied...

Posted By: Micro Duck
Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Not sure VX3 is the answer, the Quins had a nightmare getting kit for this season.

That may not be the answer then.

Kooga had a massive amount of shirt stock left over when their deal came to an end. I think they were selling shirts off for £15.

So I can understand Macron's reluctance to order a large quantity of stock.

But I agree, it does make us look amateurish, and it reflects badly on the Scarlets.

-------------
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk/" rel="nofollow - http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I do too.

you are coming across as envious and have turned that envy into childish little digs at wil,perhaps some people find wils posts carry more depth because of his knowledge of the subject.

Please show me where i am envious. Also highlight the digs at Will.

I have been up front about who the dig is at from the start. I thought you were better than this.

This is a forum of equal debate.

What we have seen over the last few years is many well respected posters stop posting on here. Mainly down to the fact that posts are not reacted to based on their content, but more over who posts them.

I know many others who feel the same, but are reluctant to post it due to fear of getting rounded in on.

I dont have those fears. I dont have an agenda to be part of any clique. NOT THAT I AM ACCUSING YOU OF THAT TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR.

because much of what i post on here seems to get twisted into something else, to set me up for the fever pitch forks.

Burn me, I'm a witch.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 4:44pm

I do too.

I have been up front about who the dig is at from the start. I thought you were better than this.

What we have seen over the last few years is many well respected posters stop posting on here. Mainly down to the fact that posts are not reacted to based on their content, but more over who posts them.

I know many others who feel the same, but are reluctant to post it due to fear of getting rounded in on.

I dont have those fears. I dont have an agenda to be part of any clique. NOT THAT I AM ACCUSING YOU OF THAT TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR.

because much of what i post on here seems to get twisted into something else, to set me up for the fever pitch forks.

Burn me, I'm a witch.
I haven't the brains or the inclination to trawl through posts and bring them onto this post as a reply to you(twp I am see)but if you say your problem wasn't with wil but with others then why post such sarcastic replies to wils posts? the one on the last page case in point "thaaaaanks wil ec;"

-------------

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 5:43pm
This thread is final nail in coffin for me forum has become joke people frightened to say what they feel just in case they are rounded on by people who gang up on them. If people are abused mods should step in and people should be banned.
People who have unpopular opinions should be respected not rounded on by people who want to be popular with others. Opinions unless they are abusive or plainly false should be respected not ridiculed.
Most people on here genuine fans who want to talk about Scarlets and Welsh rugby others use it as a popularity contest.
I will be in Bath for weekend with 9 other genuine fans and meet up with others we will argue about the respective merits of players in team and all things Scarlet but it will all be in good humour and without any malice.
It used to be like that on here but too many posters looking to score points.

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 6:13pm
That’s the thing with the forum. It brings out the worst in people. On here it gets really heated whereas to your face it’s fine. Whether it’s false or not is another thing.

I know the guy behind me is genuine. He came to warm me up on Boxing Day.

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

That’s the thing with the forum. It brings out the worst in people. On here it gets really heated whereas to your face it’s fine. Whether it’s false or not is another thing.

you must have taken my heat coz I've been ill since,Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 7:11pm
We need the Oracle back or his alter ego Smelly Mike to come back and smite the offenders with the sword of humour and madness in equal measures!!!

-------------

Posted By: Gwyn Morgan
Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 7:42pm
To be fair I have always found SF to be much more reasonable and level headed than any other sports forum. Ever tried reading Gwlad or 606? The HYS on Bbc or WoL? Pettiness, bitterness, point-scoring & hysteria like I have never seen here. It quickly becomes unreadable. Even trolls don't seem to last long on SF. Well done pawb.
FWIW it's certainly not Chips' fault if he has found himself an entourage of sycophants fawning over his every pronouncement, as Speedy has already made clear, any teasing was directed at the fan club, not Wil.

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 7:59pm

We need the Oracle back or his alter ego Smelly Mike to come back and smite the offenders with the sword of humour and madness in equal measures!!!
I
I think you will find Michael is running under a different nom de plume on this very forum.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 8:15pm
So how exactly did a thread about the merits or lack of more precisely of the Stadium shop turn into a pissing contest?
I personally thought it was a subject worthy of discussion.

Date Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:41pm

I
I think you will find Michael is running under a different nom de plume on this very forum.
That is some knowledge you have there Ladram. It’s not Speedy is it ? 😉😱

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 12:28am

I
no he can spell.Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 12:35pm

I do too.

Burn me, I'm a witch.
I haven't the brains or the inclination to trawl through posts and bring them onto this post as a reply to you(twp I am see)but if you say your problem wasn't with wil but with others then why post such sarcastic replies to wils posts? the one on the last page case in point "thaaaaanks wil ec;"

It was obvious sarcasm, i guess you, and maybe Will didnt pick up on it.

I was doing a parody of the merry bunch of followers that make that reply after his posts, ironicly sometimes after he has stated something that those very posters have disagreed with earlier in the thread when said by someone who isnt Will.

You know me Ladram, I will get on with most people even if their views are opposite to mine.

But i cant sit back and say nothing about the sycophant nature that is bringing this sites fun level down to its lowest levels ever.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 12:39pm

I

Hehe, I would be interested to see a list of all the experienced posters we have lost, if they were banned or just felt they had to leave, if banned who got them banned and why?

I am guessing there would be some common denominators somewhere in that data.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 2:03pm
I don't think that any perceived, or actual, over adulation of any poster is the issue with the forum, well from my perspective anyway.

In fact Chips posts on this thread are an example of what I'd like to see more of which would probably lead me to posting more, he's given us a detailed knowledgeable insight into the topic without being brash or argumentative which is unfortunately a bit of a rarity nowadays.

More and more posters (and I'll hold my hands up to doing it sometimes, hopefully not so much nowadays) are becoming very black and white in their opinions and dismissive of others, made worse by the fact that we're largely all amateurs commenting on how well professionals are going about their business whether it's players, coaches, referees, administrators or the press, and usually with sometimes with only a sprinkling of the facts.

We're entitled to our opinions, we may well be right over the experts sometimes and have very valid points, but a little bit more awareness and a little bit less self-assurance would probably improve things.

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 2:11pm
As for Macron there's been good and bad and we can only really comment on what we see at face value I suppose.

Kit was out very early, there's regularly been new items in the store and although design is generally a matter of preference they seem to be popular (personally I'm not a fan so far but that's me). But the issues with stock levels, the quality of some items and service issues need to be addressed, albeit there might be multiple parties who need to act to improve things.

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

How on earth have we come to this?

No replica kits for Christmas and no shirts until the new kit comes out?

Somebody needs hauling over the coals for this!!

Can you see this happening at any other club?

I'm absolutely dumbfounded by this.

Are we saying that we're just over mid-way through the 2017/2018 season, and supporters are no longer able to buy a replica jersey until the 201/2019 kit is released?

If that is true, that is absolutely shocking to say the least! ShockedShockedShocked

-------------
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Lets be honest here, if what's happened with Macron happened at any of the other sides in Wales, particularly Ospreys, we'd be calling them all sorts.

It's pi55 poor and amateurish.

There should be financial repercussions for Macron if the contract they had with the Scarlets was drawn up correctly.

Possibly the worst kit supplier we've had, for various reasons.

Does this also mean that we won't get to see any pics of you sporting this seasons Polo Shirt Haydn? WinkWinkWinkThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 2:29pm

I

Hehe, I would be interested to see a list of all the experienced posters we have lost, if they were banned or just felt they had to leave, if banned who got them banned and why?

Where's the "Bring Back SmellyMike" thread, that was a classic! ClapClapClapLOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 2:55pm

Mee tooDead, that's twice now since November. Not exaclty productive when you are self employed. I was sat amongst quite a few Ospreylians on boxing day mind ewe.

Come to think of it, they looked pretty peaky on their way out.

Peaky? Peaky isn't the word mun.....

-------------

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 2:58pm

Mee tooDead, that's twice now since November. Not exaclty productive when you are self employed. I was sat amongst quite a few Ospreylians on boxing day mind ewe.

Come to think of it, they looked pretty peaky on their way out.

Peaky? Peaky isn't the word mun.....

Its good enough for meWink

Posted By: spinner
Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 7:34pm

I

Interesting comments there Speedy. Have you been talking to the same people as me?

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by spinner spinner wrote:

I

Interesting comments there Speedy. Have you been talking to the same people as me?
perhaps you and speedy might like to name a few of these poor souls who may have been banned or slighted so much that they feel they can't come and post opinions anymore.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

As for Macron there's been good and bad and we can only really comment on what we see at face value I suppose.

Kit was out very early, there's regularly been new items in the store and although design is generally a matter of preference they seem to be popular (personally I'm not a fan so far but that's me). But the issues with stock levels, the quality of some items and service issues need to be addressed, albeit there might be multiple parties who need to act to improve things.

Well you probably all remember what my initial thoughts on the choice from the outset was.

We have hopped skipped and jumped from every two-bit value brand there is, with varying levels of success and failure.

We have never really looked to go top end quality for this prestigious club of ours. Moreover, we have been quite happy to downgrade our appearance by association with below par brands that in their own right don't have much of a draw.

If that wasn't a disappointing track record as it is, we seem to have plummeted new depths with Macron.

My only hope, is that one year we will have sifted through all the bottom of the barrel outfits, and will finally only be left with a decent one.

Do me a favour Scarlets, let me be involved in the next choice yeah, please? I mean how much worse could I do....... 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 January 2018 at 11:16pm

I

perhaps you and speedy might like to name a few of these poor souls who may have been banned or slighted so much that they feel they can't come and post opinions anymore.

This tells me you are not even reading what has been said, or are simply trying to create a straw man argument.

I mean really? you acknowledge the possibilty that there are individuals that feel they cannot contribute without being rounded in on, whilst asking me to name them?

I am sure that would work out well for them. Confused

-------------

Posted By: Once a monkey
Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 8:11am

Well you probably all remember what my initial thoughts on the choice from the outset was.

We have hopped skipped and jumped from every two-bit value brand there is, with varying levels of success and failure.

We have never really looked to go top end quality for this prestigious club of ours. Moreover, we have been quite happy to downgrade our appearance by association with below par brands that in their own right don't have much of a draw.

If that wasn't a disappointing track record as it is, we seem to have plummeted new depths with Macron.

My only hope, is that one year we will have sifted through all the bottom of the barrel outfits, and will finally only be left with a decent one.

Do me a favour Scarlets, let me be involved in the next choice yeah, please? I mean how much worse could I do....... 
Has it ever occurred to you Speedy that Adidas didn't want to be associated with us at the time we last negotiated a supplier? Do you think it is that simple as to chose a top brand and engage their services, irrespective of both what they believe their profile to be, or how well we were doing as a club at that time? This isn't the 80s/90s where we were one of the World's leading rugby brands I'm afraid. Why would Adidas want to be associated with a team with an abysmal European record over recent seasons, who weren't previously play off contenders, had a limited fan base and relatively low shirt sales?

A couple of years of success might sufficiently change our profile and make us attractive to such suppliers. But to suggest that the current regime missed a trick in engaging Adidas is fanciful in the extreme.

-------------
#George

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 8:20am
There is sports teams far smaller then us with Adidas as a kit supplier. I know non league football teams with just a couple of hundred fans that have adidas as their technical sponsor. The point of not wanting to be associated with us is ridiculous. It looks as if we are just picking the cheapest supplier.
And you've missed the fact that Macrons supply, shop, price and quality are all poor relative to what other teams supporters can get for the same money.

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 8:57am
I'm guessing the biggest sports brands in the world are Nike, Adidas and then possible Under Armour and maybe Puma, out of the top 38 teams in Europe the only ones I can think of with Adidas are Quins, Munster and Brive (all horrible kits, but that's my opinion, WTF is that collar?), Nike do Toulouse and Under Armour do Wasps, Worcester and Clermont.
Other European club like Saracens, Leicester, Exeter, Toulon, La Rochelle, Montpellier, Glasgow, Scarlets and Leinster use brands like Kukri, Hungaria, Samurai, Macron, BLK, Kappa and Canterbury so that's less than 20% of European clubs using big name brands, and there doesn't appear to be a clear link between club size/status and supplier size.

Internationally Scotland and Italy have Macron and France are going to Le Coq Sportif, both Ireland and England are Canterbury so only Wales have one of the 'premium' brands from the 6 nations teams.

What's my point here? I'm not sure really, but it's clear I have no idea how it works in terms of big names being associated with big brands, but I doubt all these clubs are thick, so I can only assume that big name brands aren't necessarily the best thing for big name clubs so I'm not going to rubbish the clubs decision to go with a supplier who are capable of kitting out international teams like Scotland and Italy and club teams like Northampton, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 9:07am
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

There is sports teams far smaller then us with Adidas as a kit supplier. I know non league football teams with just a couple of hundred fans that have adidas as their technical sponsor. The point of not wanting to be associated with us is ridiculous. It looks as if we are just picking the cheapest supplier.
And you've missed the fact that Macrons supply, shop, price and quality are all poor relative to what other teams supporters can get for the same money.

Look at the rugby teams they are associated with in the UK and Ireland. Munster and Quins. Considerably bigger brands than us I'm afraid, with bigger crowds, profiles, following and shirt sales.

The O's, who I believe have historically sold more shirts than anyone else in the UK and Ireland, can't get Adidas.

I'm not denying Macron are poor. I pointing out that we cannot assume we could have attracted Adidas

-------------
#George

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 9:13am

No offence but this post is a perfect example of how dramatization quickly turns a topic to one-upmanship and bickering instead of a tidy debate.

Plummeted to new depths, bottom of the barrel, two bit value brands are hardly terms that lend to a decent discussion.

If we'd have had the new Adidas rugby templates for our kits I'd be very disappointed, whereas some of the French kits like Bordereaux and La Rochelle who've used Hungaria and Kappa have lovely kits, I like the new Italy kits too.

If someone had asked me if I wanted Kappa or Marcon over Adidas last season I'd have thought there were daft, but looking at what they've produced as kits since I'd have quickly changed my mind.

You obviously consider brand value as a very important factor when choosing kit suppliers but aren't able to quantify it, so I don't see how you can rubbish the 'two bit' value brands.

Posted By: redeyes
Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 9:43am
I'm amazed that some can't grasp the idea that Macron were probably offering the best commercial deal during the period of negotiation. I'm not trying to defend the macron brand nor the lack of stock available.

The board are trying to run a business and Macron were probably the best business decision (for whatever reason) at the time.

-------------
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Has it ever occurred to you Speedy that Adidas didn't want to be associated with us at the time we last negotiated a supplier? Do you think it is that simple as to chose a top brand and engage their services, irrespective of both what they believe their profile to be, or how well we were doing as a club at that time? This isn't the 80s/90s where we were one of the World's leading rugby brands I'm afraid. Why would Adidas want to be associated with a team with an abysmal European record over recent seasons, who weren't previously play off contenders, had a limited fan base and relatively low shirt sales?

A couple of years of success might sufficiently change our profile and make us attractive to such suppliers. But to suggest that the current regime missed a trick in engaging Adidas is fanciful in the extreme.

You know what, i did. !st of all though, whilst i will never hide the fact they are my number one choice, i would be quite happy with a brand that is decent. 

As for the Adidas research, and not being worthy..... I suppose you consider Worksop town bigger than the Scarlets then?

How about Rhyl?

In fact pick the bones out of some of the obscure names that adidas are quite happy to get involved with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Adidas_sponsorships#Clubs_Teams_2

There is no big deal, ive got an Adidas scarlets top. It just frustrates me to see unaccountable choices being made at the club that truly undersells us. Its gone on for so long now, that theyve actually got you believing thats all we are worth. "Macron shellsuits" Laughing stock, out of stock, you cannot make it up mun.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:12am
We cannot get away from the fact that it reflects very badly on the Scarlets when the merchandise is not available at optimum periods. The production realities behind the issue have been explained by many on here who have far more expertise than I so I will not enter that debate. However I fully understand where Speedy is coming from. 

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:13am
Another [point - Speedy to be fair has championed this cause for some time along with some other glaring shortcomings.

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:15am
ok, fine. I will leave it go now. Enjoy our crumby non existant kits. LOL

The emporers new clothes.... 

Lovely they look too.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:19am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Another [point - Speedy to be fair has championed this cause for some time along with some other glaring shortcomings.

I cannot help but think that we act like we are second rate and underserving of good treatment from these companies. Is it any wonder once they have the contract that they take advantage.

Lets just go Tesco value next season and be done with it.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:35am

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I cannot help but think that we act like we are second rate and underserving of good treatment from these companies. Is it any wonder once they have the contract that they take advantage.

Lets just go Tesco value next season and be done with it.

Oi, leave TESCO out of this, at least the stuff would be available !

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:40am

I

This tells me you are not even reading what has been said, or are simply trying to create a straw man argument.

I mean really? you acknowledge the possibilty that there are individuals that feel they cannot contribute without being rounded in on, whilst asking me to name them?

I am sure that would work out well for them. Confused
FFs speedy mun how the heck am I acknowledging them?the fact that i'm asking who these people you keep using in your posts actually are indicates that I haven't got a clue who you and your new ally are on about.there are loads of people who don't post on here for various reasons i'm pretty sure that one of them is you've been banging on like like a grounded schoolkid about Adidas for years now why don't you approach the club about it? I had an issue regarding the bars etc before and complained to john daniels who phoned on a Monday evening and we spoke for an hour about the subject.

-------------

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 11:02am

smaller sides simply buy a kit and put on their badge. Adidas don't produce anything of theirs to sell. Unlike a pro sports team which needs tens of thousands...(in Adidas case hundreds of thousands) of items to sell for a team.

Southampton FC in football for years had companies such as Pony, Sportif...ones you would never see in the top end of the Premier League...now things have changed, they landed Adidas (which was the worst selling merch for some time)...they have since moved on to Under Armour which was a big financial deal. although, it seems fans are still unhappy.

No matter what the company, there will be issues. Just because certain brands are "better known" does not mean they are a better fit at the moment. I believe Macrons deal was "ground breaking" for the Scarlets? wasn't it the biggest kit deal we have had?

They all come with problems, and hopefully, this years lessons will have been learned...they are looking at selling next seasons jerseys in May again...something I don't quite agree with but there we go, many people like it as they flew out without sponsors. All sold out by September. I would like to know how many jerseys that is as I don't believe we have done that before...there were thousands of jerseys sold off end of the season for £5-10 in previous years so I doubt much money was made after Christmas...I wonder if its our best sold jersey in in regional era. Definitely the quickest it seems.

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 11:06am

Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

You know what, i did. !st of all though, whilst i will never hide the fact they are my number one choice, i would be quite happy with a brand that is decent. 

As for the Adidas research, and not being worthy..... I suppose you consider Worksop town bigger than the Scarlets then?

How about Rhyl?

In fact pick the bones out of some of the obscure names that adidas are quite happy to get involved with.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Adidas_sponsorships#Clubs_Teams_2

There is no big deal, ive got an Adidas scarlets top. It just frustrates me to see unaccountable choices being made at the club that truly undersells us. Its gone on for so long now, that theyve actually got you believing thats all we are worth. "Macron shellsuits" Laughing stock, out of stock, you cannot make it up mun.
See PE SA's above post. 

-------------
#George

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

smaller sides simply buy a kit and put on their badge. Adidas don't produce anything of theirs to sell. Unlike a pro sports team which needs tens of thousands...(in Adidas case hundreds of thousands) of items to sell for a team.

Southampton FC in football for years had companies such as Pony, Sportif...ones you would never see in the top end of the Premier League...now things have changed, they landed Adidas (which was the worst selling merch for some time)...they have since moved on to Under Armour which was a big financial deal. although, it seems fans are still unhappy.

No matter what the company, there will be issues. Just because certain brands are "better known" does not mean they are a better fit at the moment. I believe Macrons deal was "ground breaking" for the Scarlets? wasn't it the biggest kit deal we have had?

They all come with problems, and hopefully, this years lessons will have been learned...they are looking at selling next seasons jerseys in May again...something I don't quite agree with but there we go, many people like it as they flew out without sponsors. All sold out by September. I would like to know how many jerseys that is as I don't believe we have done that before...there were thousands of jerseys sold off end of the season for £5-10 in previous years so I doubt much money was made after Christmas...I wonder if its our best sold jersey in in regional era. Definitely the quickest it seems.
Right the whip round starts with my quid,speedy ,what size do you want ?Big smile

-------------

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 11:21am

Right the whip round starts with my quid,speedy ,what size do you want ?Big smile
Here you go!!!
http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/teamwear/mens-adidas-teamwear-football-team-kits.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/teamwear/mens-adidas-teamwear-football-team-kits.aspx

Posted By: spinner
Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 11:30am
Hope this wind and rain stops soon so that we can all get out and about.

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 12:12pm
Can I confirm, who owns the shop? Macron isn't it? So it's nothing to do with Scarlets with regards to stock management? In which case it's totally unacceptable that the firm that took over our shop are unable/unwilling to restock in case they are left with old stock they can't sell. Can't be right surely?

-------------

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 12:24pm

Can I confirm, who owns the shop? Macron isn't it? So it's nothing to do with Scarlets with regards to stock management? In which case it's totally unacceptable that the firm that took over our shop are unable/unwilling to restock in case they are left with old stock they can't sell. Can't be right surely?
As long as they meet whatever financial commitment they made to the Scarlets, I guess they can do what they want.
Still not a very professional appearance though..

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 04 January 2018 at 1:13pm

Here you go!!!
http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/teamwear/mens-adidas-teamwear-football-team-kits.aspx" rel="nofollow - http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/teamwear/mens-adidas-teamwear-football-team-kits.aspx

I see your point thats at local club level, but they still have a full selection of products at christmas. If we 'made our own kits' we could meet the demand thats there. Macron haven't, the southampton story has no bearing on our situation...they flog jerseys by the bucket load in quantities we can only dream of, just because they have unsold jerseys and flog the remainder for £10 or whatever doesn't mean they haven't made money at the beginning and over christmas.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk