Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44048
Printed Date: 19 February 2018 at 6:04pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Toulon Game
Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Subject: Toulon Game
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 10:03am
Ok the long range weather forecast shows rain beginning of week, dry Friday & Saturday with sunny spells & light winds. Ymlaen!!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: 1carmscarletsfan
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 10:25am
Yes forecast looks similar to the Dragons game few weeks ago!!!

Posted By: swissscarlets
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 10:39am
Can’t wait for next Saturday yipee

-------------
west is best.

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 11:07am
Parc should be bouncing.

Posted By: ScarletCyclops
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 11:14am
We need everyone to be at Y Parc next Sat. Bring your kids, bring your aunties, bring the armchair fan friends.
These boys deserve nothing less.
The atmosphere created by the fans last night contributed to the intensity from the team. Let’s make sure Y Parc is rocking!!

Posted By: Rob o'r Bont
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 11:15am
Cool the pace guys; lets enjoy this weekend first. Smile

-------------
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.

Posted By: gogexile
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 11:54am
I know loads coming down from gogledd cymru for this id say online sales going well . Last nights win has added thousands to the gate on Saturday. Anyone know how msny french fans are coming over.?

Posted By: ChrisX
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:49pm
bring your friends - lets sell out - the boys deserve that 

Posted By: Llannman74
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 1:50pm
Let's pack our fortress
Loud and proud.......
Get down and support
This special group of
Players and coaches
YMLAEN SCARLETS

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by gogexile gogexile wrote:

I know loads coming down from gogledd cymru for this id say online sales going well . Last nights win has added thousands to the gate on Saturday. Anyone know how msny french fans are coming over.?

I'd expect only a few hundred hard core supporters - in my experience, French teams don't bring a lot of support to Llanelli.

-------------
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)

Posted By: Dafen Boy
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:13pm
Pack will be the same, McNicholl to play if fit

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:33pm
I think you might be right, but that would be harsh on Prydie, he didn’t do anything wrong last night in Bath, he did what he had to do but didn’t see any ball in open space.
Asquith has to keep his place and McNicholl offers you something different again.

Posted By: SospanMawr
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by ScarletCyclops ScarletCyclops wrote:

We need everyone to be at Y Parc next Sat. Bring your kids, bring your aunties, bring the armchair fan friends.
These boys deserve nothing less.
The atmosphere created by the fans last night contributed to the intensity from the team. Let’s make sure Y Parc is rocking!!
This. Everyone nag everyone. Lets make it a fight over tickets.
Biggest game yet at PyS!

Posted By: AB2008
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 4:01pm
Would love the scarlets to get Dafydd Iwan to do some stuff on the pitch pre-game. 

Posted By: Sosban89
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 4:14pm

I'd say the odds are in favour of whoever has the luck of the weather gods. If it's not raining and the pitch is good I'd fully back us to win. If it's similar weather to the Ospreys game I'd say Toulon are favourites.

Posted By: shocker
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 4:31pm
Only change mcnicoll for asquith and only reason is asquith covers whole back division

Posted By: Scarletrover
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 4:32pm
I think that ForesightKing may well be suffering from the lack of a sphincter, and is unfortunatley  unable to defecate as a result.

-------------
http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9579&PN=1&TPN=1">

Posted By: NeylandAllBlack
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Cool the pace guys; lets enjoy this weekend first. Smile

No, lets keep it going all week and end with a frenzy on Saturday evening.

Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

I think that ForesightKing may well be suffering from the lack of a sphincter, and is unfortunatley  unable to defecate as a result.

..if true, well deserved..LOL

Posted By: Iwlew
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 5:47pm
Yep, all on this one. Top of pool 5 sounds decent... Especially considering us losing the opener two rounds.

-------------
And We Were Singing...

Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by AB2008 AB2008 wrote:

Would love the scarlets to get Dafydd Iwan to do some stuff on the pitch pre-game. 

Didn't he play before that famous game v Leicester many moons ago, when we destroyed them up front and Stevo kicked the goals to win it? (Slightly off topic, but I got to shake the hand of Martyn Madden last night in the Boater... nice to see him there.)

-------------
(Ivan Turgenev)

Posted By: Ffidel Bennett
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

I'd say the odds are in favour of whoever has the luck of the weather gods. If it's not raining and the pitch is good I'd fully back us to win. If it's similar weather to the Ospreys game I'd say Toulon are favourites.
I think our decision making has improved a lot since Bath beat us in the early round monsoon and we are now unlikely to keep on trying to play unthinking rugby for most of the match.  We must find a way of stopping some of the huge Toulon players from continually crossing the gain line. If we can do that then we should win as we are now developing a more complete game with  some clever kicking to turn defences.
As every schoolboy knows  F=ma and the bigger m is the lower a will be, and Bastareaud will require a huge force to turn and out-accelerate Cawdor. In other words do that a few times and I'd be surprised if he'll come anywhere near tackling our quicker backs and will probably be replaced totally knackered by half time. Also, as we saw in France they are not immune to making handling errors and the Toulon climate  is quite different to Trimsaran's so we should have a little more experience of the wet stuff.

Posted By: LLANDRE
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 7:12pm
After emphatic away victories in our recent past we have faltered at home afterwards it's time to back it up now

-------------
West is Best (Fin gwybod)

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

After emphatic away victories in our recent past we have faltered at home afterwards it's time to back it up now
I know where you're coming from, but we do seem to have that clinical mentality now. And look at our home record lately.
Have to be optimistic I think. 

-------------
We're still still here!

Posted By: CTMassive
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 7:28pm
And our injuries are mild compared to the likes of Clermont. I'm feeling optimistic, mathematically we can finish 2nd/3rd with ACM behind Leinster. Leinster are the only team that scare me

Posted By: scarletsrules
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 11:18pm
Imagine the income boost fron a sell out Saturday and a home QF! If we win our group then it will take a few results to go against us and deny us a home QF .

Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 11:21pm
Indeed it would be. Ten years since we've been at the Parc. It's time that we were back eating on the top table.

-------------

Posted By: Matthew Cardey
Date Posted: 13 January 2018 at 11:50pm
Biggest game in pys history. We have to play at the same intensity and pace.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:05am
Really looking forward

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:27am
Oops, let’s try again.
Really looking forward to the weekend, destiny’s in our hands in Europe for the first time in a decade. Whilst I agree that the weather will probably play a part in how we approach this game, we are a more rounded team than we were and just as we showed last night we are not afraid to play the territory and percentages game if needed.
We were very naive against Bath in October but learned from that game and played far more pragmatically against our nearest and dearest the next time we encountered atrocious weather conditions at PYS.
I can’t see any reason why we can’t see a sellout next Saturday, it’s a winner takes all game, we have home advantage and are on a winning streak at home which stretches back to September 2016. If we can’t fill the ground then we have to question what’s more important to the locals than following a rugby team that has put them on the map and helps to promote the town around Europe and further afield, a team that’s on the verge of something special.
I wouldn’t change much in the way of personnel for the weekend. The forwards were immense against Bath, as were the backs. If I was to make changes to the starting 15, it would probably be either Prydie or Asquith for McNicholl if he’s fit to play, although that would be harsh on both players. I’d probably go for a 6-2 split on the bench again, as the match is going to be very attritional up front - bearing in mind that Cubby and Macloed can play in the backs at a push.

Posted By: 1000ydstare
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:31am
Still got the well worn Toulon flag I swapped for a Scarlets hat with a drunk French fan from last years home game ,I think we may well get through and get a home quarter final
Either way I really wanted the last pool game to mean something so next week is sh*t or b*st.

Posted By: 1000ydstare
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:33am
I meant of course drunker Toulon fan ,I wasn't too clever myself.

Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:42am
Originally posted by 1000ydstare 1000ydstare wrote:

I meant of course drunker Toulon fan ,I wasn't too clever myself.
lol

-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 7:58am
How about reaching out to Ospreys & Blues fans to come and watch? Those who who aren’t travelling to France might well want to come and see what should be a cracking match.

The Dragons kick off at 1500 and Blues at 1700 Sat. The Ospreys match will be on TV beforehand in the barn and elsewhere in y Parc so the idea might well appeal to a decent number.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Posted By: John
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:08am
If Halfers or Jonny Mac (or hopefully both) are fit then Patch moves back to flyhalf for me. The way Banahan ran over Dinky will have been noted by even the doziest Toulon analyst and we could expect Bastareau running at him all night.

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:12am
I would replace Prydie with Jonny if fit. Our attacking game relies on getting the ball wide mainly in the left field. I think this has a lot to do with most players being more comfortable passing right to left.

Asquith is a box of tricks - he carried into contact for the 1st try Friday after supporting Scott for 40 metres, got to his feet & took the ball a few phases later at first receiver went for the gap between two players and offloaded to Beirne - priceless. 

When you are on the right wing coaches are looking for a player to roam and find the ball; Prydie did this to be fair but he is not yet as good as Jonny in this regard. 

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:50am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

If Halfers or Jonny Mac (or hopefully both) are fit then Patch moves back to flyhalf for me. The way Banahan ran over Dinky will have been noted by even the doziest Toulon analyst and we could expect Bastareau running at him all night.
1/2p didn't sound too confident when I asked if he would be fit,fingers crossed he said.

-------------
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:57am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Patch isn't the strongest defender mind..

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:59am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I would replace Prydie with Jonny if fit. Our attacking game relies on getting the ball wide mainly in the left field. I think this has a lot to do with most players being more comfortable passing right to left.

Asquith is a box of tricks - he carried into contact for the 1st try Friday after supporting Scott for 40 metres, got to his feet & took the ball a few phases later at first receiver went for the gap between two players and offloaded to Beirne - priceless. 

When you are on the right wing coaches are looking for a player to roam and find the ball; Prydie did this to be fair but he is not yet as good as Jonny in this regard. 
Jonny is a step above. Always looking for  - and finding - the ball.
Prydie is coming along nicely

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:02am
If only jonny mac is fit i would be inclined to put him at full back with patchel moving to 10. Asquith and prydie deserve to keep their place.

We need the biggest crowd possible down there sat! I have allready got 3 part timers to come down we all need to tell everyone to do the same.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Matthew Cardey Matthew Cardey wrote:

If only jonny mac is fit i would be inclined to put him at full back with patchel moving to 10. Asquith and prydie deserve to keep their place.

We need the biggest crowd possible down there sat! I have allready got 3 part timers to come down we all need to tell everyone to do the same.
dan jones played well.

-------------

Posted By: seany61
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:15am
Dan Jones did play well. Its difficult to drop anyone .. everyone in the squad played well!

-------------
Think, Think, Think .... Its a thinking game.

Posted By: coldith
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:42am
Spoke to one of the physio’s Friday after the game and she was confident that both Johnny and Leigh would be fit for Toulon

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by coldith coldith wrote:

Spoke to one of the physio’s Friday after the game and she was confident that both Johnny and Leigh would be fit for Toulon

Any mention of any other injuries?

Nobody seemed to be in pain coming off on Friday, so hopefully...............

-------------

Posted By: coldith
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:56am

Any mention of any other injuries?

Nobody seemed to be in pain coming off on Friday, so hopefully...............

No further injuries mentioned, but things can happen during training too.

Posted By: multinational
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 10:57am
Originally posted by seany61 seany61 wrote:

Dan Jones did play well. Its difficult to drop anyone .. everyone in the squad played well!

Totally agree and it’s the first time in a while we have offered an attacking threat from fb. Patchell may not want to be a fb but there is no doubting he is extremely good when he plays there!

For me, the only change would be mcnicoll if available just to add some top end gas to the backs.

No one that played in Bath deserves to lose their place but I feel Jonny offers something we need

-------------
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:04am
There are more supporters injured than players

-------------

Posted By: theflier
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

How about reaching out to Ospreys & Blues fans to come and watch? Those who who aren’t travelling to France might well want to come and see what should be a cracking match.

I  (Blues) will be there, too good to miss.  

Unrelated, it seems you lot have realised what we did 2-3 years ago. Patchell is a decent 10 but a very good 15, an international 15 if he wanted, but not at 10. 

Posted By: Tim Opolis
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:31am
McNicholl is a no brainer, why? because he is a better player than Prydie and I'm sure that Tom would acknowledge that. Tom will have plenty of gametime during the 6 Nations.

Dan? That's a tricky one, he had a fine game both in general play and off the tee. This is where the coaches earn their money. Having to pick other players ahead of players who have given their all.

If it were me I'd pick Halfpenny, and at full back. Saturday is in effect a test match. Toulon are stuffed full of internationals as is ours, McNicholl, Cubby and Beirne are test players in waiting and when Steff and Jake return we have a test match 15. Leigh is a Lion and has kicked goals at the very highest level under the most extreme pressure and I'd back him to do so against his former team on Saturday.

15. Halfpenny
14. McNicholl
13. Kick it to me then, go on!
12. Scott
11. Asquith
10. Patchell
9.  Cawdor
8.  Barclay
7.  Cubby
6.  Sit down!
5.  Beirne
4.  Bullbring
3.  Team of
2.  Doll Snatcher
1.  Rob

-------------
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.

Posted By: Rich (Bris)
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:46am
Disagree with Blues fan on Rhys. He's a great 15 yes but also a great (& better) 10 internationally speaking (provided the team wants to attack). Remember that a fair bit of his great work Friday was at first receiver (which he would be as 10 normally). The fact we had two good first receiver options was a significant point on Friday but don't forget that when we played even better last season in the semi and final Rhys was at 10.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by theflier theflier wrote:

Bring a few friends with you   

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Matthew Cardey Matthew Cardey wrote:

dan jones played well.

He played very well, everyone else played brilliantly. He missed 2 kicks to touch from penalties, few questionable field position kicks in the first half aswel, and is not as defensively sound as patchel.
He did have some lovely touches aswel including a superb grubber through for asquith to gather on our own half, and some big penalties in the second half.
It's a hard one to call. The way patchel has been playing at 15, popping up at first receiver, switching the attack to the opposite side, counter attacking from deep. Mchnicol has to come back in if fit, and he is capable of doing this same job at 15,like he did last year in our last 4/5 games. Halfpenny will be hard to accomadate if fit because id say dan jones has been the most dependable kicker we have this year which decreases 1/2p need to be starting.

Its going to be a very difficult selection.

Posted By: Speedy
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:38pm

Unrelated, it seems you lot have realised what we did 2-3 years ago. Patchell is a decent 10 but a very good 15, an international 15 if he wanted, but not at 10. 

Wonderful to welcome you, interesting post on the Patchell situation.

From how i see it, he is a better 15 than 10, but he is still our best 10. Quite a conundrum to have.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos

Posted By: Sosban bach
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

McNicholl is a no brainer, why? because he is a better player than Prydie and I'm sure that Tom would acknowledge that. Tom will have plenty of gametime during the 6 Nations.

Dan? That's a tricky one, he had a fine game both in general play and off the tee. This is where the coaches earn their money. Having to pick other players ahead of players who have given their all.

If it were me I'd pick Halfpenny, and at full back. Saturday is in effect a test match. Toulon are stuffed full of internationals as is ours, McNicholl, Cubby and Beirne are test players in waiting and when Steff and Jake return we have a test match 15. Leigh is a Lion and has kicked goals at the very highest level under the most extreme pressure and I'd back him to do so against his former team on Saturday.

15. Halfpenny
14. McNicholl
12. Scott
11. Asquith
10. Patchell
9.  Cawdor
8.  Barclay
7.  Cubby
6.  Sit down!
5.  Beirne
4.  Bullbring
3.  Team of
2.  Doll Snatcher
1.  Rob

If mcnicoll is a no brainer then he has to go at 15. Hp has been our worst kicker so far and I wouldn't back him at home v Toulon to do it. We need patch or jonny at 15 to keep our running rugby alive.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Wonderful to welcome you, interesting post on the Patchell situation.

From how i see it, he is a better 15 than 10, but he is still our best 10. Quite a conundrum to have.

Have to agree patch looked like a very accomplished 15 whereas at 10 still a work in progress. Great strike runner which is what gets us going from 15.

Posted By: crj89
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 2:02pm
Last year Jonathan Davies returned to scintilating form that ulimitaly helped us lift the title, where I'm going with this is that we need our big players on the pitch next week. If fit, Halfpenny starts. Halfpenny is a a test lion, and knows what it takes to win these games. I may be wrong, but he's the one player in our squad who has won the competition. For me, these are the games we signed him for.

Posted By: Mogwen
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Last year Jonathan Davies returned to scintilating form that ulimitaly helped us lift the title, where I'm going with this is that we need our big players on the pitch next week. If fit, Halfpenny starts. Halfpenny is a a test lion, and knows what it takes to win these games. I may be wrong, but he's the one player in our squad who has won the competition. For me, these are the games we signed him for.

This

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 2:42pm
I think given the strength of Toulon which is their big ball carriers, especially down the 10 channel, I can see Pivac opting to go with the stronger defender, as well as Dan played he was steam rollered by Banahan. 
Cawdor Rhys Parkes Scotty Steff Asquith McNicholl  Bench: Aled, Dan and Halfpenny

Pack picks itlself. 6-2 bench is tempting though

That set of backs with Cubby and Beirne etc will run the big Toulon forwards off their feet by 30 miutes. We jusy need good weather and retain the ball - easy Tongue

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:16pm
Basteredau with a blatant homophobic insult live on air there. Surely a ban?

Commentators had to appologise for it, and cndemned him for it.

Surely its got to be the same sort of ban as Cubby had?

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:20pm

Basteredau with a blatant homophobic insult live on air there. Surely a ban?

Commentators had to appologise for it, and cndemned him for it.

Surely its got to be the same sort of ban as Cubby had?
what did he say?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

15. Halfpenny
14. McNicholl
12. Scott
11. Asquith
10. Patchell
9.  Cawdor
8.  Barclay
7.  Cubby
6.  Sit down!
5.  Beirne
4.  Bullbring
3.  Team of
2.  Doll Snatcher
1.  Rob

Yep hapenny back if fit and johnny back to wing if fit too, keep asquith. Id go with a 5 - 3 bench with dan aled and prydie to cover back 3

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by CTMassive CTMassive wrote:

I think given the strength of Toulon which is their big ball carriers, especially down the 10 channel, I can see Pivac opting to go with the stronger defender, as well as Dan played he was steam rollered by Banahan. 
Cawdor Rhys Parkes Scotty Steff Asquith McNicholl  Bench: Aled, Dan and Halfpenny

Pack picks itlself. 6-2 bench is tempting though

That set of backs with Cubby and Beirne etc will run the big Toulon forwards off their feet by 30 miutes. We jusy need good weather and retain the ball - easy Tongue
I had a photo taken with bannahan(lovely guy) and he is massive he would steamroller most people.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:24pm

ooo you little secret squirrel you lol good burrowing LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:25pm

The Dragons kick off at 1500 and Blues at 1700 Sat. The Ospreys match will be on TV beforehand in the barn and elsewhere in y Parc so the idea might well appeal to a decent number.

Loving that idea, welcome our cousins from over the bridge why not mun its only down the roadClap

-------------

Posted By: Ffidel Bennett
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:30pm
In the sort of identity politics which dominates all discussion these days the colour of Basteraud's skin probably trumps (if that's not an inappropriate term) his homophobia, and I doubt he'll get anything more than a "don't do it again" ticking off.
Was very disappointed with Benneton's tactics as they kept on wasting possession by running into a big Toulon brick wall and getting nowhere. Hope we balance our off-load game with putting the ball into the space behind them and let's see how they cope with that.. Contain/exhaust Basteraud and Tuisova and we have a very good chance.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

In the sort of identity politics which dominates all discussion these days the colour of Basteraud's skin probably trumps (if that's not an inappropriate term) his homophobia, and I doubt he'll get anything more than a "don't do it again" ticking off.
Was very disappointed with Benneton's tactics as they kept on wasting possession by running into a big Toulon brick wall and getting nowhere. Hope we balance our off-load game with putting the ball into the space behind them and let's see how they cope with that.. Contain/exhaust Basteraud and Tuisova and we have a very good chance.
what was the score and what did the fat one say?please.

-------------

Posted By: cymroab
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:49pm

He said “fu%k%ng f@ggot”.

If there is a lot of indignation on social media they will have to give him a ban. If they can sweep it under the carpet they will. No place for language like that.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by cymroab cymroab wrote:

If there is a lot of indignation on social media they will have to give him a ban. If they can sweep it under the carpet they will. No place for language like that.
thanks,agree.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by cymroab cymroab wrote:

Who was he referring to?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:54pm
in what context was it said and to who?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 4:06pm

Score was 36-0 to Toulon, so they now top the pool on 18 points.

We just need to win, though, and we'll replace them... go, Scarlets!

-------------
(Ivan Turgenev)

Posted By: cymroab
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 4:09pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzwYZc-b8Ug" rel="nofollow - Video

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 4:20pm
If Cubby's gesture warranted a ban then I guess that Basteraud's outburst will certainly do the same.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 4:37pm
I watched the Toulon v Benetton game earlier on BT Sport. Toulon seriously flattered to deceive first half, they scored a try early on and then struggled to impose themselves against a weakened Benetton side. They then had to wait until a moment of brilliance from their Fijian wing in the second half to finally crack the resistance of Benetton and then a 12 man pushover try to put the game safe.
I don’t think we have anything to fear about them next Saturday. They looked slow all over the park (with the exception of the Fijian wing) and will not be relishing the thought of playing against a team that pride themselves on their fitness and skills and their ball in play time.
We just need to play our own brand of rugby, not really worry about them. If we move them around the Parc they will be blowing up in the first 60 minutes.
Whatever Bastereux was believed to have said at the end of the game, it certainly irritated a few Benetton players. If I was Pivac I would be hoping that he doesn’t get a ban as to me he doesn’t look fit and Scott and Hadley could have a field day with him, he’s unlikely to be dropped by Toulon as he’s captain.
Roll on Saturday and hopefully a home 1/4 final.

Posted By: NorthWalianScarlet
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 4:54pm
Me and my parents are making the trip from Dolgellau in North Wales.

Looking forward to this! Since Friday I've watched the highlights of the Bath game over and over.

Toulon are tough and physical but then we have the players to match their physicality in the likes of Tadgh Beirne, Aaron Shingler, David Bulbring, Hadleigh Parkes, Gareth Davies, Ken Owens, Samson Lee and Rob Evans. 

I expect us to run at them and move their forwards around the park and exploit the gaps out wide.

-------------
NorthWalianScarlets

Posted By: Scarletstarch
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:06pm
EPCR have been made aware of incident and Citing Commissioner is considering the incident! Thumbs Up

-------------
"YMA O HYD"

Posted By: Rob o'r Bont
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:07pm

If Cubby's gesture warranted a ban then I guess that Basteraud's outburst will certainly do the same.
I think this sounds a lot worse than the Cubby gesture to be honest. Sounds like an equality and diversity issue in the workplace. 

-------------
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:10pm

I think this sounds a lot worse than the Cubby gesture to be honest. Sounds like an equality and diversity issue in the workplace. 

Bullying too...he should pick on somebody his own size, assuming of course he can find someone..Ouch

Posted By: shocker
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:34pm
With a huge game coming Saturday and I just put the blues on, I just wondering, Steve shingler must be gutted he left us when he did. Lost out on championship and Euro run and now finds himself on blues bench.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:36pm
I don't think that EPCR can afford NOT to take action, and don't be surprised if World Rugby gets involved.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:49pm
Could be a huge loss ..... for them!

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:50pm
EPCR have already said they’ve been made aware of the issue and have informed the Citing Commissioner for the match. He will investigate and include it in his report.

-------------

Posted By: Iwlew
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 6:26pm
Looks like Toulon will be without their captain for next Saturday.

-------------
And We Were Singing...

Posted By: John
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Bullying too...he should pick on somebody his own size, assuming of course he can find someone..Ouch

That racing 92 tight head would do.

Seriously, both codes of rugby have a comparatively good record in this area with Alfie having led the way and now Nigel. And a league player came out recently. This progress cannot be set back. Action required please..

Posted By: NeylandAllBlack
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 7:45pm

I don't think that EPCR can afford NOT to take action, and don't be surprised if World Rugby gets involved.

Especially after what Nigel Owens has been through. They have to make an example of him.

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 7:59pm
Anyone know where Toulon are staying on Friday night?
Be a shame if there was a lot of noise nearby through the night..

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Anyone know where Toulon are staying on Friday night?
Be a shame if there was a lot of noise nearby through the night..

The Apple tree.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:23pm
Did the treviso player say something to start him off? He wasn't happy at all. As cubby got a ban for his gesture this should warrant a longer ban in comparison. It was all part of the game but times are changing so ban it should be.

Posted By: Pentigili
Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:29pm
No rooms in the Apple Tree must be the Miramar!

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:34pm
Shame the KK is closed now....Tinhut maybe?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:38pm
He has been cited, and it carries a minimum 6 week ban.

Interestingly the citing commisioner is a Mr Dennis Jones.........

-------------

Date Posted: 15 January 2018 at 12:04am

That was the name of my last Headmaster at Llanelli Grammar School in the early 1970's, and he didn't like rugby...  he was also unmarried..Shocked

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 15 January 2018 at 11:41am
Scarlets are currently 10/1 to win the competition.

Posted By: cymraes
Date Posted: 16 January 2018 at 5:26pm
  33/1 last week

Date Posted: 16 January 2018 at 5:41pm

That was the name of my last Headmaster at Llanelli Grammar School in the early 1970's, and he didn't like rugby...  he was also unmarried..Shocked

He was still there in the 80`s when i was there. Amazing man. We were proper scared of him, he had a way of announcing your name over the Tannoy that turned even the hardest boys to mwsh. He wasnt a big man, but boy could he command respect just with his voice alone.

I seem to remember he was a Barrister?

-------------

Posted By: M.M.
Date Posted: 16 January 2018 at 5:45pm

He was still there in the 80`s when i was there. Amazing man. We were proper scared of him, he had a way of announcing your name over the Tannoy that turned even the hardest boys to mwsh. He wasnt a big man, but boy could he command respect just with his voice alone.

I seem to remember he was a Barrister?
I know he was a local magistrate. 

Date Posted: 17 January 2018 at 9:39pm
Who is voting for the barn to have a repeat of the bath game on?! Lol. I ve watched it back 3 times allready. Surely we should be showing live rugby ospreys v clermont. Put the bath game on after the match!

Date Posted: 18 January 2018 at 1:54pm
Heavy rain forecast for Sunday but Saturday is clear but cold according to the Beeb. Could really do with it holding off.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk