Print Page | Close Window

Scarlets team vs. Leinster (Pro14 Final)

Printed From: Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets
Category: RUGBY
Forum Name: SCARLETS GENERAL
Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44589
Printed Date: 21 November 2018 at 8:08pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Scarlets team vs. Leinster (Pro14 Final)
Posted By: minded
Subject: Scarlets team vs. Leinster (Pro14 Final)
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:57am
Scarlets Leinster
15. Leigh Halfpenny 15.  Rob Kearney 
14. Johnny McNicholl 14.  Jordan Larmour 
13. Scott Williams 13.  Garry Ringrose 
12. Hadleigh Parkes 12.  Isa Nacewa (capt)
11. Steff Evans 11.  James Lowe 
10. Rhys Patchell 10.  Johnny Sexton 
9. Gareth Davies 9.  Luke McGrath 
1. Rob Evans 1.  Cian Healy 
2. Ken Owens (capt) 2.  Seán Cronin 
3. Samson Lee 3.  Tadhg Furlong 
4. Lewis Rawlins 4.  Devin Toner 
5. Steve Cummins 5.  James Ryan 
6. Aaron Shingler 6.  Rhys Ruddock 
7. James Davies 7.  Dan Leavy 
8. Tadhg Beirne 8.  Jack Conan 
Replacements    
16. Ryan Elias 16.  James Tracy 
17. Wyn Jones 17.  Jack McGrath 
18. Werner Kruger 18.  Andrew Porter 
19. David Bulbring 19.  Scott Fardy 
20. Wil Boyde 20.  Jordi Murphy 
21. Jonathan Evans 21.  Nick McCarthy 
22. Dan Jones 22.  Joey Carbery 
23. Tom Prydie 23.  Rory O’Loughlin 

Leinster vs Scarlets - Saturday 26th May KO 18:00 - Live on S4C and Sky Sports Action

Referee: Stuart Berry (SARU)

Assistant Referees: Marius Mitrea (FIR), Mike Adamson (SRU) 

TMO: Neil Paterson (SRU)

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPLe3ApXjW4&list=PL576FE48C1F044909&index=1" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2018

Replies:
Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:04pm
Prydie very unlucky but that's as strong as we can be.

Posted By: Mogwen
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:09pm
Chuffed that Fardy is on the bench

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:12pm
we are here again...nervous as last year...best team possible and happy for Rawlins selection.. Have to play a perfect defensive game as did Paris in CC final, we havent their phisical presence, but can be speeder then them to occupy the field the close all their attacking options, also the importance of the first tackle in contact zone close the breakdown...come on Scarlets, make we champions again

Posted By: Bryn@man
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Chuffed that Fardy is on the bench

I'd be more chuffed if he was on a far away beach...

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 12:47pm
I know it’s easier said than done, but we have to challenge them at the 10 and 12 channel, as Sexton may not be 100% fit and Nacawa is not a centre.
Our second row selection seens to suggest a more up in your face defensive line, but Tadgh selection at 8 has probably been forced upon us due to injuries.
Prydie is unlucky to miss out but McNicholl, halfpenny and Steff is a very useful back 3.
Pob Lwc Scarlets

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:47pm
Parkesy will fancy that 10/12 channel a bit.

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:59pm
Two strong teams there. Head says Leinster heart says Scarlets. I hope the coaches have learnt from the semis.

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 2:03pm
Yes Henshaw is a huge miss for them & as magnificent a player as Sexton is he always seems to be close to breaking down through injury - a price he has had to pay for his desire to play so close to the gainline. Fardy on the bench is a surprise. If & its a big if our forwards get parity & we patrol the gainline well then our 9-13 will do some damage allowing an excellent back 3 to thrive. 

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 2:22pm
Can we end James Ryan's record

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Posted By: scarletabroad
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 2:24pm
Hopefully Rawlins will do a re run of last year anc make Sextons day a terribly one just hope revenge is in their minds we dominate the gain line anc the silverware comes home can’t wait come on Scarlets

Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 3:29pm
Thats a dangerous looking back line. Got to start well , no switching off at re-starts, make a statement early on we wont be bullied in contact, we have to counter them holding on to players at ruck time too, way after the ball has gone out 

-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)

Posted By: Bryn A! Wel!
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 3:31pm
Very nervous about this one after the last one.

-------------
Fy nheml sy'n yr Emlyn

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 5:07pm
That's the best 15/23 available, IMO... they gave us a lesson last time, and in order to win we need to:

1. solve the breakdown problem - last time, they cleared out our jackals very effectively (and at times illegally, but the ref gave us nothing) - so, unless this ref is more inclined to quickly penalise players holding on to the ball (as opposed to allowing the cavalry to remove our jackal) and to penalise players for taking our guys out well beyond the ruck, we need to decide either to commit more bodies to the breakdown to either win the ball or at least slow it down, or not contest at all and spread out to tackle.
Whatever we do, far more aggression is needed in the contact area.

2. Get after Sexton - Rawlins gave him a hard time last year, and he and others need to spot blitz Sexton whenever there is half a chance of tackling him either in possession or just as he gets rid of the ball. Stop Sexton, and the job is half done - but he's world class and it won't be easy.

After the RCC semi, I would not have bet anything on a Scarlets win tomorrow - but we've played a bit better since, and they weren't that impressive v Munster. There is no question they will start as strong favourites - rightly so - but if we give it our best shot, we can win this.

-------------
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 5:53pm
Last three games Leinster 2 tries and Scarlets 15 tries .

Posted By: ScarletBear
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Can we end James Ryan's record

Comparing player-player we do ok in all positions but lock, where they have a clear advantage.

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Oh come on... we were playing against the Dragons and the Cheetahs while they’ve played in a Champions Cup final and against Munster

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Oh come on... we were playing against the Dragons and the Cheetahs while they’ve played in a Champions Cup final and against Munster

And Glasgow away who have managed 49/50 pts at home !

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:26pm

Oh there we are know it all there the facts two tries, we score try we win simple

Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

My comment was directed at Scarletnut by the way, who seems to have forgotten how good a win last Friday was, taking into account Glasgow's home record this season ! They've managed a try bonus point in every home game bar 1.

Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 8:15pm
Cup finals are either quite high scoring or all kicks. You can’t really go on previous games Leinster scored the most tries all season. They haven’t in the last few games but the important thing is that they’ve won.

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 8:48pm

My comment was directed at Scarletnut by the way, who seems to have forgotten how good a win last Friday was, taking into account Glasgow's home record this season ! They've managed a try bonus point in every home game bar 1.
Yes very good win but if you’re seriously comparing playing Dragons and Cheetahs to what Leinster have faced... of course our recent try scoring ratio is going to be higher. Let’s not underestimate Leinster back line

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Posted By: Mogwen
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 8:54pm
They also lost to Connacht

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 9:44pm
We’ve got a great chance tomorrow. All the pressure is on them to do the double in front of their home fans whilst we are not expected to win, yet we have bounced back hugely since our european semifinal defeat and have had some key players back from long term injuries at just the right time.
I don’t think that the team and the coaches will allow themselves to perform that badly again against Leinster either, plus Tadhg will want to finish his final game for us with a win against his former team, and the whole squad will want to send him, Scott, JB and Aled off with more silverware.

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 11:43pm
I just want the bois and the fans to do the Scarlets proud tomorrow. Take Leinster all the way to the edge and then....win!  

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: Dafen Boy
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 2:35am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I just want the bois and the fans to do the Scarlets proud tomorrow. Take Leinster all the way to the edge and then....win!  

I think we have proven that we were not a one year wonder, and I look forward to the boys giving their all tomorrow.

Posted By: cymru2006
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:26am
Whatever today brings, it’s been a great season to be a Scarlets fan. Something tells me we may do it today and become the first to defend s title. They key for me is the players and coaches were dissapointed with the way we played in the semi final, as well as Leinster played we didn’t do ourselves justice. That can be a hugely motivating factor. Today we have patchell at 10, defensively positionally brilliant halfpenny at fullback and most importantly 2 wingers. We were disjointed in these positions last time around and a send off for tahdg, Scott Barclay and others. Looking forward to the game and hugely looking forward to the new season, With some great recruits coming in and the return of jake and don davies will be like having 2 huge signings!

-------------
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 8:00am
Excellent post that.

We’ll give everything we’ve got, that’s for sure.

Great effort by the travelling fans...hope you get the rewards.

Pob lwc Bois bach

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 8:24am
Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

Whatever today brings, it’s been a great season to be a Scarlets fan. Something tells me we may do it today and become the first to defend s title. They key for me is the players and coaches were dissapointed with the way we played in the semi final, as well as Leinster played we didn’t do ourselves justice. That can be a hugely motivating factor. Today we have patchell at 10, defensively positionally brilliant halfpenny at fullback and most importantly 2 wingers. We were disjointed in these positions last time around and a send off for tahdg, Scott Barclay and others. Looking forward to the game and hugely looking forward to the new season, With some great recruits coming in and the return of jake and don davies will be like having 2 huge signings!

Fair points well made. Our back 3 and 10 positions are much stronger this time out. Another plus point for me is the form of Cummins who started to look the part in that heavy defeat. Since then he has shown glimpses of the sort of tough 2nd row we all crave. Very solid in the tackle, a willing carrier & dependable & intelligent lineout operator. With Rawlins, Cummins, Aaron, Tadhg & Bulbring on the bench we have plenty of grunt.

Another of your points with which I totally agree - the boys to a man have done us proud again this year showing the Rugby World that we are still here & thriving continuing to punch way above our weight developing locally grown often World class players. A huge well done to all concerned.

Posted By: Rob o'r Bont
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 9:35am
I think the direct nature of Leinster's attack in the semi final caught us a bit on the hop (they played more of a wide game against us last year).  I'm sure the coaching staff will have looked at ways of counteracting this, and if so - game on folks.  

-------------
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.

Posted By: kcreg
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 9:53am
1st 20 minutes are vital I feel.if we freeze like we did in the semi's,then it'll be game over by half time again.must smash jonny "GOD" sexton,early.totally put him off his game.keep hold of ball.go through phases.don't kick aimlessly at their back 3,like we did in semi's.attack lowe's wing.don't think this guy is a good defender,and he's a cock.

-------------
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!

Posted By: Danelli
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 11:18am
We need to fire the first shot today.If not it could be A long evening.

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 11:26am
Above all else we need to find the intensity sadly missing in the semi final. Never mind about using semi dodgy tactics against Sexton use a perfectly legitimate one - send runners down the 10/12 channel over multiple phases. He's as brave as they come - every top class 10 thats ever been can dictate play from an armchair ride. 

Posted By: Ffidel Bennett
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 12:19pm
Yes, the braver he is the more knocks he will take if our carriers aim their runs in his direction, and if we can slow their ball down, who knows, maybe Rawlins can catch him with one of his immaculately timed and legal, flying tackles just as he receives the ball, which could then end up just about anywhere.  

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 1:26pm
Jiffy is a bit out of date. In the pro game cheap shots get spotted with 3 refs on and punished. We need to focus on our game plan not Sexton who knows the risks in jis position. 

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

Fair points well made. Our back 3 and 10 positions are much stronger this time out. Another plus point for me is the form of Cummins who started to look the part in that heavy defeat. Since then he has shown glimpses of the sort of tough 2nd row we all crave. Very solid in the tackle, a willing carrier & dependable & intelligent lineout operator. With Rawlins, Cummins, Aaron, Tadhg & Bulbring on the bench we have plenty of grunt.

Another of your points with which I totally agree - the boys to a man have done us proud again this year showing the Rugby World that we are still here & thriving continuing to punch way above our weight developing locally grown often World class players. A huge well done to all concerned.

We didn't lose the game in the backs last time - we lost it at the breakdown, where Leinster showed superior technique and greater physicality. Unless we sort that out, the result will be the same.

I know our coaches are bright guys, and I do hope that they have come up with a method to counteract what Leinster did last time... if they have, then it'll be up to the players - especially the forwards - to deliver in terms of intensity.

I certainly think we have a chance to win this, but realistically Leinster must start as favourites.

-------------
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 4:07pm
I hope Stuart Berry remains calm, controlled and self-confident so that the game can flow.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 5:03pm
BBC showing Josh McLeod instead of Bullbring. Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Posted By: mammamammon
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

I hope Stuart Berry remains calm, controlled and self-confident so that the game can flow.
this and stamping out illegal clear outs of those not involved a ruck. It would do the game, and us, a great service.

-------------
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 5:46pm
here to support the great Scarlets!!!! come on boys

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 5:59pm
Here we go. Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:02pm
That ball was carried back in to the 22.Angry

-------------

Posted By: surfing-mtber
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:09pm
Leinster winger a mile offside at cross field kick by Seaton!

-------------
Joshua24:15

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:13pm
Nacewa tackled, by 1/2p allowed to get up!

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:22pm
High ball is killing us but Leinster chasers are 2m ahead of the kicker.

-------------

Posted By: sgsmorgan
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:25pm
why nacewa off?

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:33pm
Powerful attack from Leinster - the try was inevitable.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:33pm
All front foot ball for Leinster. Our back row not allowed to jackal

-------------

Posted By: Milli
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:35pm
Our kicking game is abysmal. Also Cubby needs to to his job and mark the 8 at scrum time, letting him gain yards all the time

Posted By: totallybiasedscarlet
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:35pm
It’s the semi all over again. Once again allowing them to run at us. Not enough line speed. Sexton getting an armchair ride. When will we learn that putting one jackler in is easy to defend. We must put the numbers into the breakdown and drive over. Can’t play without the ball.

-------------
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens

Posted By: joni_bach
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:36pm
Anyone remember the good old days when a knock-forward had to go forward to be given?

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:37pm
Good try that Mcnicholl making it with a good offload

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:38pm
COME ON!!! That’s more like it!

-------------
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:39pm
Come on boys!!

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:42pm
Shy start of the match, really good in defence bit not many possesions, when they di try ring the alarm for us and found a Speedy try..
Suffering a bit their tactical kicking game, but we are still in game..good in scrum, ref doesn t help our working at breakdown

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:43pm
Shingler off . Knee by the looks of it

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:43pm
let's get to half time with no further scores and regroup

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:46pm
HP having a mare under the high ball, sexton testing him all the time

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:48pm
Cross kick from Sexton is killing us. 5m scrum for \leinster. Try Lowe

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:49pm
Lowe was tackled on the ground, he didn't release

Horrible reffing

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:50pm
Just getting bullied out of it again. Very frustrating.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:55pm
Ref getting the blame because we’re losing but Nige wasn’t mentioned last year when we won yet pre game there was shouts of he’ll be bias.

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Ref getting the blame because we’re losing but Nige wasn’t mentioned last year when we won yet pre game there was shouts of he’ll be bias.
Give it a rest mun, you say this every time a ref's decision is mentioned. Most people know that Leinster deserve to be in front but do us a favour and let us discuss the ref if we feel like it. Wink

-------------

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:58pm
That release thing is a load of rubbish, but leigh needs to get those high balls. We look good when we’ve got the ball, just cant get the ball.

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:59pm
The height of Sextons kicks are superb and both HP and Steff are being targeted.He is creating a platform and we have had so little ball as well. No ball no gain! Losing Shings is a huge blow as well. It will take a coaching masterclass at half time to turn this around - come on Scarlets!  

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:01pm
We can beat this lot but we have to do more to attack their posession. Got to get numbers into the breakdown and then we can turn them over. Got to be smarter in the tackling. They’re offloading far too easily. Also need to get right up into Sexton’s face. It’s all too easy at the moment. When we have a bit of decent ball we cause them some damage. We have the players but we have to change the pattern of this game. Need to see more carries round the corner and those little offloads putting players into space. We can do this but we need to get a bit nastier. We’ve got their scrum too.

-------------

Posted By: scarlet157
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:03pm
Leinster playing the ref very well - he does not have an off-side line for the Leinster chasers from their kicks and he's using the Super rugby rules at the breakdown - lets one side keep the ball until they score with no counter-ruck or jackals allowed, so there is no contest happening at all at the breakdown. how may times this season have we seen a game with only 1 turnover between 2 teams in 40 mins? 

I'm getting a bit sick of the stuart barnes/jonny sexton hero worship on sky though, so I'm going to give S4C's coverage a try in the second half

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:04pm
Luvvin Foxy's shirt. Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:05pm
In fairness the line speed has been ok. Sexton is standing quite deep to make the cross field kicks.

-------------

Posted By: mammamammon
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:05pm
Sexton master class in kicking from the hand.

-------------
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com

Posted By: shocker
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:13pm
We are just not as good as Leinster at the moment, still 30 left thou

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:18pm
I don't think Scott Williams touched Sexton there. A totally legal tackle.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:20pm
Appalling marking the touch line from Steff there. Then a lein try

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:21pm
Too easy. Too much defending. Inevitable in the end. Sad to see.

-------------

28-11

Posted By: SCL
Never a penalty - Sexton swerved into Williams shoulder. 60m upfield and game over.

Pretty tough that.

Posted By: EJPT
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

I don't think Scott Williams touched Sexton there. A totally legal tackle.
That was on the TMO. But the refs words ‘not clear where the first contact is but its ended up dangerous’

They are the better team. But the ref is overwhelmed by the home crowd.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:22pm
Sad to see but for beting them you have ti be perfect...proud oggi the boys, but seems not our day

Posted By: scarletabroad
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:23pm
Sorry bug the roc I’d being owned by the Leinster fans and sexton

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:23pm
Leinster a different class. They deserve this unfortunately.

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:24pm
Big difference is, Leinster have many quality ball carriers. We dont. And cant handle them

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

They are the better team. But the ref is overwhelmed by the home crowd.

He reffed Leinster last week against Munster and it was the same story

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Leinster a different class. They deserve this unfortunately.

Not sure how we get better without better forwards with Barclay and Beirne leaving...

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:26pm
God that kick from scot was appalling, leads to a lein try

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:27pm
Game over sadly

-------------

Posted By: sgsmorgan
stupid catch up rugby and we're getting picked off

Could be a 50pointer the way its going

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:29pm
Aye. Second time we've been overwhelmed by a team from Dublin at a neutral venue in Dublin in a month...

Posted By: shocker
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:30pm
Just better than us by a country mile

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by SCL SCL wrote:

Aye. Second time we've been overwhelmed by a team from Dublin at a neutral venue in Dublin in a month...

I have a feeling it would be the same result if we played at home....they are that much better

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:33pm
Very sad to see. I feel totally frustrated. We knew what theywere going to bring but we haven’t changed a thing. Still defending just like we did in the semi and getting the same result. I know how good Leinster are and not wishing to take anything away from them because it’s fully deserved but I am very disappointed.

-------------

But they're not playing at 'home'. It's a neutral venue. Maybe we could use Stebonheath this way? lol

Brilliant try by McNichol. Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:34pm
Good McNichol

Posted By: saundersfootscarlets
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:35pm
if that was a high tackle then they might as well come on with handbags!!! and a irish TMO to boot!!! as if we arn't up against it anyway!!!! not saying Leinster arnt worthy of their lead as they are a good side playing again at home but what a dreadful decision!!! 
Why is this final once again being played in Ireland?  I know its a bidding process but Surely the PRO 14 should have a final each year in the countries that are in the league, after all we are not all from Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!Come on Pro 14 get your act together and sort this out, it could be in any ground that holds 20,000 plus, time for change going forward to be fair not only to the Scarlets but all the teams in the PRO14.

Great Try by the scarlets and what a finish by McNicholl  -  Keep going boys and know matter what we will always support you.

-------------
saundersfoot scarlets

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:36pm
Cummins showing up well besides that knock on. More ball carriers , please

Posted By: GreyScarlet
Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:37pm
I agree that they are deserving of the almost certain win, but I looked up the names of the officials after the penalty given against Scott Williams for the high tackle that started on Sexton's elbow.

The TV official who "couldn't see where the tackle started" is Neil Paterson of the SRU. Born in Belfast!

-------------
Virtually perfect rugby - 1992/93

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:38pm
Doh, box kicking possession away Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:39pm
Chasing the game leaves holes!

-------------