Forum Description: Other rugby chat
URL: https://scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=44712
Printed Date: 28 March 2024 at 9:00am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Premier Sports
Posted By: Gastric Band
Subject: Premier Sports
Date Posted: 27 August 2018 at 3:00pm
I don't have Sky or Virgin. So I have been trying to join via the premier player. It is not happening, it won't let me past the first page where you put your details in. Antone else found problems?

-------------
Gastric

Replies:
Posted By: salmidach
Date Posted: 27 August 2018 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by Gastric Band Gastric Band wrote:

I don't have Sky or Virgin. So I have been trying to join via the premier player. It is not happening, it won't let me past the first page where you put your details in. Antone else found problems?

I'd contact them as it's not working lol. as soon as you select united kingdom as country it stops you from proceeding lol

-------------
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett

Date Posted: 27 August 2018 at 3:26pm
No contact details on the website, so I have sent them a message on Facebook. Not a very encouraging start!

-------------
Gastric

Date Posted: 27 August 2018 at 3:38pm

To activate channel and subscribe call 0871 663 9000

Customer service for current television subscribers including questions regarding billing, accounts and viewing issues please email us  mailto:support@premiersports.com" rel="nofollow - or call us on 0333 003 3773 (Please contact the email below for Premier Player queries)

-------------
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 27 August 2018 at 3:46pm
They respond quite quickly via email and Twitter.

Date Posted: 27 August 2018 at 8:39pm
Thanks for the help!

-------------
Gastric

Posted By: surfing-mtber
Date Posted: 28 August 2018 at 12:15am
Here's a post on Google Play relating to subscription to Premier Sports (TV and app).  This is from about 2 weeks ago, some earlier comments are not quite so positive!  I think Premier Sports could endear themselves to their customers by not charging for their helpline.

'After reading the reviews had my doubts, but took the plunge, subscribed via sky card (online at premier sports) even though I no longer have sky. You get the app this way as well as on the sky box. Went back on to prem sports player online and logged in to create password. Can cast off my phone too now to fire stick, apple TV etc. Was easy once I sat back and took in the instructions, seemless live feed. Well happy roll on the pro14'

-------------
Joshua24:15

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 29 August 2018 at 11:17am
For info - just subscribed. Ordered  for the sky platform for £89 for the first year. To obtain £89 offer you need a promo code which was Premier89. 

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 29 August 2018 at 2:18pm
I've done the £89 deal too, but haven't created an account to use the online player yet. Thumbs Up

Have to admit, the reviews on Google Play are extremely poor. Premier Sports better get this right, otherwise we'll be looking at another broadcaster next season for sure.

Didn't realise that Premier Sports 1 is the only HD channel too, Premier Sports 2 is standard definition Cry

-------------
Scarlets!!!

Date Posted: 29 August 2018 at 3:03pm
I’ve had no problem with premier player. The ‘offer’ they have is terrible.

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 29 August 2018 at 4:52pm
First month is free on Sky. This is based on paying monthly however.

Posted By: Lee
Date Posted: 30 August 2018 at 10:20am
I have just subscribed and will be relying on the streaming service as I don't have Sky or Virgin. At the moment, the online service is extremely poor. The website is OK is as much as I can watch both channels - and cast to my Chromecast device using Google Chrome browser. However, there only seems to be a programme schedule for one channel. The Android app is of very poor quality. At the moment, it only seems to allow access to one of the channels. Casting to the TV is extremely basic and the app does not even allow access to the schedule.

Compared to the BTSport app, Premier Sports are way behind in their streaming services. They really need to sort this out.

Date Posted: 30 August 2018 at 1:24pm
No comments on it being all Irish yet then?

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 30 August 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

No comments on it being all Irish yet then?

Whats all Irish?

Date Posted: 30 August 2018 at 1:38pm
It was ok for a preview show. Leinster were bound to have a lot of coverage as winners. People need to remember it’s not Scrum v so won’t be just concentrating on the Welsh regions. I’ll wait a few weeks before casting judgement. If people aren’t happy with it they can just unsubscribe.

Posted By: NobbySosban
Date Posted: 30 August 2018 at 1:53pm
Tried the Premier Player app out via Chromecast a couple of nights ago - picture quality was good on HD (you can select from 3 definition settings), but functionality was not great; you can play & pause, but can't fast-forward, rewind or spool to a chosen point from the app while it's casting.

The view-on-demand catalogue is also in need of attention - several programmes have the wrong description (eg - 'Rugby Preview' is actually NASCAR highlights) or have misleading illustrative images. Just seems like no one's looking at or loving their presentation, and there's no PRO14 category yet, just 'Rugby League'.

I watched the Awards show, but haven't seen the Preview Show yet - from what I've heard, it's pretty Eirocentric (it was produced by eir Sports for their domestic market, and presumably acquired by Premier Sports when they realised they didn't have time to put their own preview programme together in time), with more than half the show focusing on the four proud provinces of Ireland.

Production quality & style seems very derivative so far - nothing to match BT Sport's tone, insight & coverage, but hopefully this will develop and the presenters & pundits will add something to the live coverage & weekly highlights/preview shows once they've got over any teething troubles.

Posted By: KID A
Date Posted: 30 August 2018 at 2:33pm
When is the Premier Sports preview show? Given that we are told the one that has aired was supposed to be the Eir Sports preview show for Irish audience?

Date Posted: 30 August 2018 at 2:57pm

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 30 August 2018 at 6:13pm
So what is Premier2 then ?🤔

Date Posted: 30 August 2018 at 6:46pm
Games are spread over 3 channels.

Posted By: Bryn@man
Date Posted: 30 August 2018 at 7:19pm
Just parted with my Shekels... Painless signing up. All seems to be working ok on the Sky Box and Premier Player... 

Worth £89 not to endure listening to Galway FM...

Date Posted: 31 August 2018 at 9:12am
Anyone know if Virgin customers are automatically provided with a Standard internet player Membership when purchasing a TV subscription to Premier Sports.

As is the case with Sky?

Date Posted: 31 August 2018 at 9:43am
It says you can only use it on Virgin’s anywhere service.

Date Posted: 31 August 2018 at 9:48am
So no catch up TV for Virgin customers? But 7 day on demand video for Sky customers?

Absolutely awful.

Date Posted: 31 August 2018 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

So no catch up TV for Virgin customers? But 7 day on demand video for Sky customers?

Absolutely awful.

Is the premier player on virgin on that virgin go? I just googled it and it’s an app?

Date Posted: 31 August 2018 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Absolutely awful.

Is the premier player on virgin on that virgin go?

There is no premier player option for virgin customers paying 9.99 for a sub on the TV. All they get is a live stream of prem sports on virgin's version of sky go.

It really is poor. Sky customers basically get a complete additional service for their £9.99.

In order for me, as a Virgin customer to get the 7 day on demand function that sky customers get - I have to pay £18.99 a month.

Posted By: joni_bach
Date Posted: 31 August 2018 at 8:37pm
Well it's half time in the first games of the season and the Premier Sports coverage hasn't been too bad actually: build-up, match coverage, commentary, half-time talk, all pretty standard. And the Premier Sports livery is black and yellow so if you squint, it looks a bit like BBC Sport. And Ben Whitehouse has made his first dodgy touchline intervention from about 50 metres away of the season so it's same old same old really. Also, they're showing the other two games after this one but with the Ospreys drawing 3-3, might give it a miss.

Posted By: John
Date Posted: 31 August 2018 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by joni_bach joni_bach wrote:

Well it's half time in the first games of the season and the Premier Sports coverage hasn't been too bad actually: build-up, match coverage, commentary, half-time talk, all pretty standard. And the Premier Sports livery is black and yellow so if you squint, it looks a bit like BBC Sport. And Ben Whitehouse has made his first dodgy touchline intervention from about 50 metres away of the season so it's same old same old really. Also, they're showing the other two games after this one but with the Ospreys drawing 3-3, might give it a miss.

I turned on just as Mr Whitehouse was instructiong Nigel that Nick Williams had committed a penalty offence. Some things just don't change. I also watched 10 minutes of Zebre v Southern Kings just because I could- that was a lower key presentation but at least it wasnt a dodgy stream.

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 31 August 2018 at 10:06pm

Good coverage in fairness Blues v Leinster a cracking game now for Ospreys v Leinster .

Posted By: kenny90
Date Posted: 31 August 2018 at 10:52pm
Hi all.
Went for the pay monthly option on Sky, and Premier Sports’ channels became available almost instantly, which was great (as an aside, I have no issues with their coverage so far after an evening of flicking between the Ospreys and Blues matches).
How do you get Premier player? I’ve downloaded the app, whoch is asking for an email address and passwword. However, I don’t recall entering any kind of password when subscribing 🤔.

-------------
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Posted By: minded
Date Posted: 01 September 2018 at 12:06am
Originally posted by kenny90 kenny90 wrote:

Hi all.
Went for the pay monthly option on Sky, and Premier Sports’ channels became available almost instantly, which was great (as an aside, I have no issues with their coverage so far after an evening of flicking between the Ospreys and Blues matches).
How do you get Premier player? I’ve downloaded the app, whoch is asking for an email address and passwword. However, I don’t recall entering any kind of password when subscribing 🤔.
First question here:-  http://www.premierplayer.tv/component/maqmahelpdesk/support-services/faq/premier-player?Itemid=111" rel="nofollow - https://www.premierplayer.tv/component/maqmahelpdesk/support-services/faq/premier-player?Itemid=111

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPnAh1r0V9YMx4LjUAXI1AUts5jgBck9u" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2022

Posted By: kenny90
Date Posted: 01 September 2018 at 12:13am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by kenny90 kenny90 wrote:

Hi all.
First question here:-  http://www.premierplayer.tv/component/maqmahelpdesk/support-services/faq/premier-player?Itemid=111" rel="nofollow - https://www.premierplayer.tv/component/maqmahelpdesk/support-services/faq/premier-player?Itemid=111

Thank you sir 👍

-------------
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.'

Posted By: scarletabroad
Date Posted: 01 September 2018 at 10:27am
Looks like I won’t be watching the Scarlets tonight the Premier phone line is out of service and the website isn’t recognising sky cards not a happy bunny this after I persuaded the wife with z meal that it would be a good idea and I wouldn’t watch all the matches looks like I won’t watch any this weekend☹️

Posted By: Owen111
Date Posted: 01 September 2018 at 10:41am
just watch it on s4c for now then 

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 01 September 2018 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

LOLLOLLOL

Well, I signed up via the email received from the Scarlets - as I don't have Sky or Virgin, it cost £9.99pm with the first month free.

Saw some of the Blues game - quality on the laptop seemed fine. Now, I need to sort out a blunder made during the signing on, made via Safari... need to be able to log in via Chrome, too, to be able to cast pictures onto the TV - hope (and assume) that will be possible.

Seems that the subscription can be cancelled with 5 days' notice, so I'll let it run until the end of the season.

I am not certain if the on demand is available for 'direct' subscribers - I'd hope so, as Premier won't be sharing the cash with other companies. That will be needed if I can't watch live, or of I'm at the game and want to see it again, obs.

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Posted By: Rob o'r Bont
Date Posted: 01 September 2018 at 12:08pm
One black mark against Prem Sport.  They were giving updates on the Ospreys game during the Blues game which totally ruined it for anyone like myself who was looking forward to watching the Os game straight after the Blues.  Angry

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Date Posted: 01 September 2018 at 1:39pm
It’ll work out cheaper paying monthly than using the offer if you just wanna watch the rugby.

Posted By: Scarletstarch
Date Posted: 01 September 2018 at 1:47pm
I have Virgin Media and the game is on channel 551 and also on S4C, watching repeat of last night's Blues game at the moment! Big smile

-------------
"YMA O HYD"

Posted By: scarletabroad
Date Posted: 01 September 2018 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Cool didn’t know it was on another channel

Posted By: SAV
Date Posted: 01 September 2018 at 7:34pm
Like the good old days . Eddie butler commentary. Dragons game .

-------------
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories

Date Posted: 02 September 2018 at 3:47pm
I have now confirmed that I can cast Premier to my TV via Chrome - good.

I wonder if there is a highlights show? I'd like to see highlights of all the pro-14 games, but don't have the time or energy to watch all of the matches in full.

Anyone know?

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 02 September 2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I wonder if there is a highlights show? I'd like to see highlights of all the pro-14 games, but don't have the time or energy to watch all of the matches in full.

Anyone know?
Yes. It was on earlier.

The highlights come in two parts, it seems. No doubt, you can catch up with the programme somehow.

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 12:37pm
I watched on the Premier Player app casting onto the tellybox via Chromecast - saw the Cardiff game live, Ospreys & Scarlets games On Demand.

All looked good - match presentation was great for the opening weekend, I thought - using the big screens in the corner of the grounds was really neat, although may be problematic when cold liquid sunshine starts pouring from the skies.

Interesting to see ads for Scarlets season tickets in the ad breaks - not sure if these were shown on all channels or just me - having selected 'Scarlets' as the team I follow, it could have been serving specific ads to sections of the viewing audience.

One big issue was not being able to fast forward or rewind any of the coverage once I started casting -I could only pause & play, so I had to watch every second of coverage, analysis and ads, and, if I stopped casting to control the playback, it went back to the very start of the programme once I recommenced casting. Angry

Not sure if this is a bug, something they'll work on or simply a 'feature' of their app - it'll be highly irritating if it doesn't get fixed.

I'm also waiting for Premier Sports to get back to me on the 'First Month Free' launch offer - I signed up the week before, didn't I. Confused

Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

I watched on the Premier Player app casting onto the tellybox via Chromecast

How do you find the picture quality from a chromecast compared to a subscribed HD feed on the TV?

Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 1:53pm

How do you find the picture quality from a chromecast compared to a subscribed HD feed on the TV?

Seemed as good as, or better, than HD on my 8 year old HUMAX Freesat box - on the app, you can choose from 3 definition levels: low 360p, medium 540p & high 720p. I watched on high - it probably doesn't bear close inspection (ie - if I stand 6 inches from the TV screen), but then action sports rarely do on my telly.

On a phone or tablet, it looks very good.

Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 2:14pm

Seemed as good as, or better, than HD on my 8 year old HUMAX Freesat box - on the app, you can choose from 3 definition levels: low 360p, medium 540p & high 720p. I watched on high - it probably doesn't bear close inspection (ie - if I stand 6 inches from the TV screen), but then action sports rarely do on my telly.

On a phone or tablet, it looks very good.

Thanks, that's good to hear.

Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Anyone know?
Yes. It was on earlier.

The highlights come in two parts, it seems. No doubt, you can catch up with the programme somehow.

Thanks - I'll try to watch it during the week.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 2:18pm

I watched on the Premier Player app casting onto the tellybox via Chromecast - saw the Cardiff game live, Ospreys & Scarlets games On Demand.

All looked good - match presentation was great for the opening weekend, I thought - using the big screens in the corner of the grounds was really neat, although may be problematic when cold liquid sunshine starts pouring from the skies.

Interesting to see ads for Scarlets season tickets in the ad breaks - not sure if these were shown on all channels or just me - having selected 'Scarlets' as the team I follow, it could have been serving specific ads to sections of the viewing audience.

One big issue was not being able to fast forward or rewind any of the coverage once I started casting -I could only pause & play, so I had to watch every second of coverage, analysis and ads, and, if I stopped casting to control the playback, it went back to the very start of the programme once I recommenced casting. Angry

Not sure if this is a bug, something they'll work on or simply a 'feature' of their app - it'll be highly irritating if it doesn't get fixed.

I'm also waiting for Premier Sports to get back to me on the 'First Month Free' launch offer - I signed up the week before, didn't I. Confused

That's odd - I had the 'usual' time-line at the bottom of the screen (for a completed game - the Blues one) which, as usual, allowed me to skip forwards to a particular time - some guesswork involved when missing out half-time comments, but no biggie. If I was you, I'd try again with a game from the weekend, to see if you can get the timeline by clicking, etc.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 2:34pm

That's odd - I had the 'usual' time-line at the bottom of the screen (for a completed game - the Blues one) which, as usual, allowed me to skip forwards to a particular time - some guesswork involved when missing out half-time comments, but no biggie. If I was you, I'd try again with a game from the weekend, to see if you can get the timeline by clicking, etc.

I think the live footage has no rewind or ffwd function. On demand games do.

Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 4:37pm

Thanks - I will.

Every time I tried moving along the 'blue line' on my iPhone, I got an error message to say it wasn't possible while casting. TV remote allowed me to pause & play, but had no other functionality, and no blue line at the bottom of the TV screen. Maybe it was user error. Embarrassed

Date Posted: 03 September 2018 at 6:10pm
The app is due an update so you can choose channels. That’s one gripe I have. There’s no listings as such. As for the commentary and link men it’s a bit hit and miss. Nothing that spoils the viewing though.

Date Posted: 04 September 2018 at 3:46pm
PREMIER SPORTS APP UPDATE:

I had a reply from Premier Sports today - if I cancel my current subscription later this month, I can then resubscribe and get the 'Free First Month' offer when I resume. This applies to both Standard and Premium membership.

Also, they have confirmed that control of playback for On Demand content...

Originally posted by Premier Sports Premier Sports wrote:

...is a limitation of the App and the scrub bar is disabled during casting. So it is not possible to scroll to a position and then cast. 

Rest assured, we’ve added this to our list of development tasks for a future update.

Slightly disappointing, but hopefully they'll address this sooner rather than later.

They also tell me that they're planning to add the 4-minute highlights of each game, as seen on the PRO14 Facebook page, to their On Demand content.

Pleased that their responses have been relatively quick and positive - a decent start to the PPV era.

Date Posted: 04 September 2018 at 3:55pm
Premier 1 & 2 on the Sky box was absolutely fine, however, Premier 2 isn't HD, it's just SD.

Also, I had numerous issues with both the online player on my laptop and the App on my phone. Worked one minute, but then the next, couldn't get anything.

Kept having to force a log out of the online player, so that I could log back in and refresh the channel to watch it. Then the App, I'd log in, and would just get a white screen with no menu options.

When it did work, casting to my TV was absolutely fine.

-------------
Scarlets!!!

Posted By: ChrisX
Date Posted: 13 September 2018 at 7:20pm
If you sign up for Premier Sports on TV, do you then get Premier Player for FREE or do you have to pay extra again to watch on tablet/online?

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 13 September 2018 at 7:48pm
[QUOTE=ChrisX] If you sign up for Premier Sports on TV, do you then get Premier Player for FREE or do you have to pay extra again to watch on tablet/online?[/QUOT

I subscribed for Premier Sports for the year and then downloaded their app to watch on my tablet when away from my telly. No charge and it works fine.

-------------
Keep the faith

Date Posted: 13 September 2018 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

If you sign up for Premier Sports on TV, do you then get Premier Player for FREE or do you have to pay extra again to watch on tablet/online?

you do have to sign up to create your account, it's free for existing sky customers lol.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 September 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

Only on sky. Not on Virgin Media.

Similarly, sky are getting prem sports 2 in HD. Virgin aren't.

The cost per month is the same on each platform though. Thanks Virgin.

Posted By: comeonmybabies
Date Posted: 14 September 2018 at 10:14pm
Anyone know how many streams you can cast from the app say in different rooms 😉🤔

Posted By: surfing-mtber
Date Posted: 14 September 2018 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by comeonmybabies comeonmybabies wrote:

Anyone know how many streams you can cast from the app say in different rooms 😉🤔

You can only cast from one device at a time. You also cannot fast forward if you cast an on demand programe. You can however fast forward if you watch it on your phone, tablet or pc without casting.

-------------
Joshua24:15

Date Posted: 14 September 2018 at 11:30pm
You can have multi room.

Posted By: crj89
Date Posted: 26 October 2018 at 2:16pm
Can someone help me, if I want to purchase the TV side through Virgin Media, can someone else use the app under the same account? Go halfers on it so to speak. Wondering if you can watch simultaneously.

Date Posted: 31 October 2018 at 11:56am
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Can someone help me, if I want to purchase the TV side through Virgin Media, can someone else use the app under the same account? Go halfers on it so to speak. Wondering if you can watch simultaneously.

See comment above, it looks like you can have multiroom, but I haven't checked. From my own use, if I use the app to watch coverage on my phone, and then want to watch premier on say my laptop, I have to log out of the app on my phone.

-------------
Scarlets!!!

Posted By: joni_bach
Date Posted: 07 November 2018 at 8:58am
Just a reminder that those of us with Freesports can watch Italy v Georgia on Saturday afternoon as a warm up before the Wales game. So if you want to see the sixth best international team in Europe, who regularly play at home in front of 60,000 strong crowds taking on plucky Italy, Freesports is the place to be.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net