and meClap

-------------
Keef from Neef

Posted By: Sosban bach
Date Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:59am
Was there too they kept the hotel bar open for us as well haha

Posted By: LLANDRE
Date Posted: 10 January 2019 at 1:47pm
If it's the one when Kristian Phillips scored then I was there too.   Left Llanelli at 3am.

-------------
West is Best (Fin gwybod)

Posted By: matt_george
Date Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:20pm
Our team that day makes for some interesting reading as well!

Racing Metro 92: Benjamin Fall; Juan Imhoff, Henry Chavancy, Juan Martin Hernandez, Marc Andreu; Jonny Sexton, Mike Phillips; Julien Brugnaut, Virgile Lacombe, Brian Mujati, Karim Ghezal, Fabrice Metz, Antoine Battut (capt), Dan Lydiate, Jacques Cronje. 

Replacements: Jeremie Maurouard; Soane Tonga'uiha, Luc Ducalcon, Juandre Kruger, Camille Gerondeau, Maxime Machenaud, Benjamin Dambielle, Alexandre Dumoulin. 

Scarlets: Aled Thomas; Kristian Phillips, Nick Reynolds, Scott Williams, Frazier Climo; Rhys Priestland, Gareth Davies; Phil John, Emyr Phillips, Samson Lee, Jake Ball, Johan Snyman, Aaron Shingler, Rob McCusker, John Barclay. 

Replacements: Kirby Myhill, Rob Evans, Jacobie Adriaanse, Richard Kelly, Josh Turnbull, Rhodri Williams, Gareth Maule, Jordan Williams.

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:20pm
I'd be surprised if there was a repeat !

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 10 January 2019 at 2:22pm
18 of that 23 have now left us !

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 10 January 2019 at 3:08pm
I was there and remember Frasier Clemo making an athletic catch over his head in the ingoal area to prevent a Racing try.

Could’ve been mistaken mind you.

Stayed in the nearby hotel that Racing used as pre match changing. Their presence meant a closed bar ☹️

-------------
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.

Posted By: Dafen Turk
Date Posted: 10 January 2019 at 3:13pm
Maybe wrong but I think that was the first time we did a rendition of Flower Of Scotland for John Barclay pitchside at the end of the game.

Posted By: LLANDRE
Date Posted: 10 January 2019 at 4:33pm
Four supporters buses left Parc y Scarlets at 3am Friday morning.
,with the game on the Friday night. I don't think the lonesome bar person in the Ibis knew   what hit her when we all turned up. The stadium was the location of the Paris Olympics where the film chariots of fire   was based on. It was also where Benny won his first cap.   Epic weekend. .

-------------
West is Best (Fin gwybod)

Posted By: multinational
Date Posted: 10 January 2019 at 6:26pm
I was there. An amazing game, and two amazing nights drinking with fellow Scarlets.

The trip where French men were singing ‘we all dream of a team of Samson lees....’

-------------
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.

Posted By: Ian Lewis
Date Posted: 10 January 2019 at 8:53pm
I was there, the 3am start to get to a game that started at7pm GMT was truly an epic endeavour by all who travelled. As ever Bus 1 was the bus to be on, party central.

-------------
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.

Posted By: JonnyLewis420
Date Posted: 10 January 2019 at 11:17pm
I was there

-------------
For the losers now, will be later to win.

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 11 January 2019 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

,with the game on the Friday night. I don't think the lonesome bar person in the Ibis knew   what hit her when we all turned up. The stadium was the location of the Paris Olympics where the film chariots of fire   was based on. It was also where Benny won his first cap.   Epic weekend. .

Wasn't there for the Scarlets' game - but I DID see Benny's first cap - one of the first substitutes in test rugby (maybe Wales's first? I forget) - came on very late for Gerald Davies, and I don't think he touched the ball! The ground was called Stade Colombes, back then.

(BTW - I don't think Racing 92 play there any more, so don't go to the wrong place!)

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Posted By: ScarletBear
Date Posted: 11 January 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Wasn't there for the Scarlets' game - but I DID see Benny's first cap - one of the first substitutes in test rugby (maybe Wales's first? I forget) - came on very late for Gerald Davies, and I don't think he touched the ball! The ground was called Stade Colombes, back then.

(BTW - I don't think Racing 92 play there any more, so don't go to the wrong place!)

I think it was the first ever international cap. I wasn't there as I would have been several months old, but seem to recall from trivia questions he played fullback for that game. Not certain of course.

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 11 January 2019 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

I think it was the first ever international cap. I wasn't there as I would have been several months old, but seem to recall from trivia questions he played fullback for that game. Not certain of course.

Benny did Win his 1st Cap there in1969,it was brilliant to see Phil on one of the four supporters buses out in Paris for that historic win over Racing .

Posted By: swm
Date Posted: 11 January 2019 at 9:58pm
Yes me and ang had a photo with benny holding Ower scarlet fever flag great weekend

-------------
steve and ang

Posted By: M.M.
Date Posted: 11 January 2019 at 10:03pm
I was there. It was a great win. Times have changed, though, since then. Racing are massive favourites this seson.

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 12 January 2019 at 2:05pm

I wasn't able to find if Benny was Wales's first ever sub (though I think it likely), but had forgotten that Mike Gibson for Barry John in a Lions v SA test in 1968 was the first ever; Ian Macrae for Scotland was the first in the 5N.

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Posted By: swissscarlets
Date Posted: 12 January 2019 at 10:40pm
What a trip what a win what a weekend

-------------
west is best.

Posted By: Scarletstarch
Date Posted: 12 January 2019 at 10:55pm
I was there, sitting on the bird poo covered seats, what a disgusting stadium for a team with so much money that attracted so many expensive players just hope their new stadium is up to standard! LOL

-------------
"YMA O HYD"

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 13 January 2019 at 8:45am
12 months to the date yesterday we demolished bath at the rec.

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 13 January 2019 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Scarletstarch Scarletstarch wrote:

I was there, sitting on the bird poo covered seats, what a disgusting stadium for a team with so much money that attracted so many expensive players just hope their new stadium is up to standard! LOL

I don’t think that you need to worry about bird poo or anything unpleasant at their new stadium. It’s an extremely impressive indoor arena in a very nice part of Paris. I’m sure those scarlet fans making the journey to Paris next weekend will find the stadium a vast improvement over the old one.
All the pressure is on them next weekend with Ulster beating them yesterday so who knows what will happen.

Posted By: Rich (Bris)
Date Posted: 13 January 2019 at 10:26am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I'd be surprised if there was a repeat !

If we play same team as played Leicester I fancy us to do it! There was a significant change yesterday. But with Six Nations ahead I dont think it will be same team.

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 13 January 2019 at 10:39am
The forward power we will be up against next week in Paris is light years ahead of what we saw from the Tigers yesterday. Show the same intensity and desire and we will give them a game for sure. It will be great preparation for Leinster away. 

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2021 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net