Likely Releases for next Saturday?

Printed From: Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets
Category: RUGBY
Forum Name: SCARLETS GENERAL
Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45134
Printed Date: 22 April 2019 at 1:51am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Likely Releases for next Saturday?
Posted By: knutsfordlion
Subject: Likely Releases for next Saturday?
Date Posted: 10 February 2019 at 9:17am
Wondering if we will get some players back for next week.

Patch could do with game time if fit now.
Steff is not on Gatlands radar so he should come back.
Cant really see any of the front row coming back.
Jake could do with more game time also after yesterdays performance but I suspect they will keep him in camp.
Leigh again would need game time if he is fit but that is a massive 'if' !!

Hopefully we will get Rhys and Steff.

Not holding my breath though.

-------------
Page the oracle

Replies:
Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 10 February 2019 at 2:37pm
Patch and Steff might be seen as needing 60 mins. Cubby should also be available.

-------------
We're still still here!

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 10 February 2019 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Patch and Steff might be seen as needing 60 mins. Cubby should also be available.

Cubby still a few weeks away ,but Rawlins,Boyde and Casseim should be available the later been very impressive in training,it was unbelievable to think he had played a few games with a broken shoulder blade that was not detected .

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 10 February 2019 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Cubby still a few weeks away ,but Rawlins,Boyde and Casseim should be available the later been very impressive in training,it was unbelievable to think he had played a few games with a broken shoulder blade that was not detected .
Overall, that’s encouraging news.

Disappointing re Cubby.

Hat tip to Cassiem.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 10 February 2019 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Overall, that’s encouraging news.

Disappointing re Cubby.

Hat tip to Cassiem.

Agree Steve, it is disappointing for Cubby. However, the way Dan Davis has been playing it seems that we have the perfect replacement. 

Posted By: dyniol53
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:52am
the way anscombe and biggar have started Patch might be needed to start the england game LOL

-------------
Find A Player // https://findaplayer.com/" rel="nofollow - https://findaplayer.com/

Posted By: Micro Duck
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 9:07am
Gatland isn't known for his generosity in this area.

Anyone remotely close to the 23 will not be released.

Steff has an outside chance I guess, as he couldn't get game time against Italy even.

If Patch is fit, then I'd imagine Gats would keep him.

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 9:17am
Our bi-annual torture chamber on this subject continues.

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Our bi-annual torture chamber on this subject continues.

While I agree with the sentiment, the fact we have this discussion each time suggests a poor process. If we knew that none would be available end of discussion that would be far more helpful. 
I guess we look at other countries or even other regions and who they get released and feel like the poor relations, our fault for generating so many internationals it seems.

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 10:38am
Surely Steff and Patch if fit must be released-there is no way Gats would have Patch back for England as his first game when Bigger and Anscombe are available and a weekend in Italy might do him a bit of good!!

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 10:52am
Well, this is the last 6N under Gats...Pivac can start afresh as can the WRU,...Gats is just exercising the deal the regions signed up for ( for some more dosh) and so is the prevailing narrative here.

I've never really understood why we hold Team Wales accountable for something we signed up for tbh.

If we consider that any player released is assumed to be because it suits Team Wales' then we wont go far wrong.

Posted By: NeylandAllBlack
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 11:58am

Well, this is the last 6N under Gats...Pivac can start afresh as can the WRU,...Gats is just exercising the deal the regions signed up for ( for some more dosh) and so is the prevailing narrative here.

I've never really understood why we hold Team Wales accountable for something we signed up for tbh.

If we consider that any player released is assumed to be because it suits Team Wales' then we wont go far wrong.

I think it's out of hope to be honest.

Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:05pm
On the subject of Italy (tenuous link I know Embarrassed ) , I can confirm that the Benetton game which kicks off at 5.15pm  is being shown in the Quinnell Lounge and on TV's on Saturday after the RFC V Bargoed game at 2.30pm. A day of Parc y Scarlets rugby! Social Media announcements to follow

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:13pm
Will be a vital match for us saturday and I m sure that Treviso will play better then Italy...we need all our best players avaible or who rested for Wales, of course I think no Foxy or Davies, but Ball, Wyn Jones, and many other could be released, above all they are yet in Italy...
See you next saturday for who will come in Treviso.

Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:29pm
Mr Ian, any idea of the Benetton players being released for the match?

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:32pm

Suppose Quaglio, Pasquali, Ruzza and Barbini, Benvenuti and Ian McK...but all players need a rest after 2 week matchs, their best players at the moment in Treviso are Duvenage at scrum half and wing Ioane, the same two players Italy need.

Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

Suppose Quaglio, Pasquali, Ruzza and Barbini, Benvenuti and Ian McK...but all players need a rest after 2 week matchs, their best players at the moment in Treviso are Duvenage at scrum half and wing Ioane, the same two players Italy need.
Thanks

-------------

Posted By: dyniol53
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 12:39pm
If I was Italian RFU a result for Benneton this weekend would be more important than resting players for the 6N and or building for WC (they have NZ and SA in their group)

A Pro14 Home QF would be some achievement along with Euro qualification. 

Let's hope they disagree and keep all their internationals in camp.

-------------
Find A Player // https://findaplayer.com/" rel="nofollow - https://findaplayer.com/

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

If I was Italian RFU a result for Benneton this weekend would be more important than resting players for the 6N and or building for WC (they have NZ and SA in their group)

A Pro14 Home QF would be some achievement along with Euro qualification. 

Let's hope they disagree and keep all their internationals in camp.

And there is the issue, does each Union want their regions/teams to do well and understand that they need players in potentially season critical games or just say 'no they are with the national squad and who cares about the Pro14'  The amount of players released is proportional to how much each union cares IMHO.

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 4:26pm
I think we will see Steff Evans, Ryan Elias and if fit, Rhys Patchell get released to us. Possibly Wyn Jones.
Don't expect to see Halfpenny for Wales or Scarlets until after the 6N.
Gatland also does not need to have him as he knows exactly what he will get from him.
Chance for Liam and possibly Amos to boost strength in depth for the 15 jersey for the world cup.

Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

I think it's out of hope to be honest.
Just shooting the breeze, chewin the fat etc.
Standard chat forum stuff

-------------
We're still still here!

Posted By: kcreg
Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 8:35pm
blade Thompson ?

-------------
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!

Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 9:09pm

Blade and Leigh cannot pass the return to play protocol for there concussions .

Date Posted: 11 February 2019 at 10:47pm

Blade and Leigh cannot pass the return to play protocol for there concussions .

Ever?

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 10:57am

It as been announced this morning Halfpenny as passed his HIA and as returned to full training, hopefully Wales will release him for Saturday ?

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:05am

good news for leigh, he needs rugby so it would be logical for him to get game time with us, patchell as well back in training. so with those 2 as well as boyde/Rawlins/cassiem back fit too the injury list is coming down. would think that ryan elias and maybe wyn jones need game time too......

then again this may all be a pipedream and gatland releases no one!

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:15am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

good news for leigh, he needs rugby so it would be logical for him to get game time with us, patchell as well back in training. so with those 2 as well as boyde/Rawlins/cassiem back fit too the injury list is coming down. would think that ryan elias and maybe wyn jones need game time too......

then again this may all be a pipedream and gatland releases no one!

Patchell also back in full training so here his hoping for Saturday Steve .

Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:22am
would feel quite a bit more confident about Saturday Mark if we had all these players fit and released, but I cant see Gatland letting all of them go.

-------------

Posted By: scarletsrules
Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:27am
Fantastic news about halfpenny.

Gatland should be releasing him to play 60 minutes this weekend, you cant expect him to go straight into the England game with no rugby for 3 months due to concussion issues, same goes for patch really.

Realistically we should have Patch, Halfpenny, Steff, Wyn, Elias and even Ball back as they haven't played much rugby recently and will need game time, however guaranteed Gatland will only release one maybe 2 of them

Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:30am
when will we know players avaible for Treviso?

Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:33am
usually by tomorrow as we need the players going through plan for game on Saturday.

-------------

Posted By: Beefs army
Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 11:34am
Scarlets will know Wednesday who being released if any

-------------
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 12:50pm
Having Patchell, Halfpenny and Steff available would be a big boost.

Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 2:15pm
None I predict. Two weeks of full contact training and cannon fodder/team support duties for the fringe players sadly -This is a huge defining game for Gatland and it will be self first I think-hope he proves me wrong and we get 2-3 back but don't see it.

-------------

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 2:57pm
Has to be in his interest to give Lee and Patch a game seeing how poor George has been in defence and under the high ball. The outside half position not sorted yet. If Lee fit then he has to start at 15 with Liam and Adams on wing and Anscombe just getting nod at ten.

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 3:22pm
just cant see how leigh will be fit match fit enough for England. he now needs game time, but his defence is excellent and his goalkicking will be needed. fear he will be chucked back in. 
cant see him not picking north, but liam and adams have played very well and both deserve to be on the pitch.
back to scarlets, noticed on twitter message from cry16 that bulbring is still out of Saturdays game with knee injury picked up in last game. leaves us very thin size wise in the 2nd row....any chance jake for 40mins please Mr Gatland?   (did say on the message that lewis Rawlins, boyde and cassiem back in full training).

-------------

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 3:33pm
Yes we are down to Helps, Price & Rawlins as fit 2nd rows.

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes we are down to Helps, Price & Rawlins as fit 2nd rows.

what was the news and time scale of Bulbrings injury/recovery time? Looked a bad one, but he did walk off which is why I am hopeful it is not as bad as I first feared.

Having Rawlins back fit is a boost though.

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 12 February 2019 at 4:16pm
Lack of bulk and physicality if it's a forward orientated game 🙄

-------------
Keep the faith

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 13 February 2019 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

All three released for the Benetton game.

Date Posted: 13 February 2019 at 5:05pm

All three released for the Benetton game.

Thank you Warren.

Date Posted: 13 February 2019 at 5:44pm
Gats has proved me wrong ! My apologies to Gat’s and great news for the Scarlets. 👍

-------------

Date Posted: 13 February 2019 at 6:25pm
Great news re Leigh, Rhys and Steff plus the return of Boyde, Cassiem and Rawlins.

Just been on the Benetton site but am none the wiser about whether the Italian squad members are allowed back to play for Benetton this weekend.

Need Mr Ian to help.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 February 2019 at 11:45am
would imagine our team would look a bit like  Leigh, Johnnie Mc, asquith, fonotia, steff, patch, keiran hardy, phil price, marc jones, werner, helps, tom price, josh mcloded, dan davis, cassiem. 
bench prydie, dan jones, shc, Dylan evs, gardiner, daf hughes, lewis Rawlins, wil boyde

maybe jon evs instead of shc

-------------

Posted By: diego6754
Date Posted: 14 February 2019 at 12:06pm

would imagine our team would look a bit like  Leigh, Johnnie Mc, asquith, fonotia, steff, patch, keiran hardy, phil price, marc jones, werner, helps, tom price, josh mcloded, dan davis, cassiem. 
bench prydie, dan jones, shc, Dylan evs, gardiner, daf hughes, lewis Rawlins, wil boyde

I like the looks of that! For me though I'd swap Asquith and Fonotia and go Josh at 8 with Boyde coming in at 6.

Date Posted: 14 February 2019 at 12:09pm

Agree 100% with that selection .

Date Posted: 14 February 2019 at 12:34pm
I was thinking the same diego, backrow was really hard. I do think we will see quite an improvement from cassiem.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 February 2019 at 2:03pm

I was thinking the same diego, backrow was really hard. I do think we will see quite an improvement from cassiem.

I am hoping that during his absence he might have been able to do some decent conditioning work and be raring to go now after a break as he certainly has shown some positive moments.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 February 2019 at 2:09pm
agree reesy, honestly think we have not seen the best of him yet. would be just a huge boost if he starts playing the way we hope he can.

-------------

Posted By: diego6754
Date Posted: 14 February 2019 at 3:20pm

agree reesy, honestly think we have not seen the best of him yet. would be just a huge boost if he starts playing the way we hope he can.

Completely agree. I think he'll come good. I do like Josh at 8 though and it is where he wants to play apparently.

Date Posted: 14 February 2019 at 3:24pm
Don't understand why we keep persisting with Boyde at anything other than 7. He is too small. 

Posted By: Ffidel Bennett
Date Posted: 14 February 2019 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Don't understand why we keep persisting with Boyde at anything other than 7. He is too small. 

And unfortunately he's not really quick enough or attacking minded enough to be a 7 

Posted By: Gastric Band
Date Posted: 14 February 2019 at 10:16pm
Staff, patch and Leigh released for the weekend (BBC website)

-------------
Gastric

Date Posted: 14 February 2019 at 10:51pm
Tom Prydie and Clayton Bloomajeets play for the RFC on Saturday 👍👍

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk