Forum Description: All the talk for this years competition
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45198
Printed Date: 22 March 2019 at 10:06am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Wales v Ireland
Posted By: surfing-mtber
Subject: Wales v Ireland
Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 3:59pm
First half of Ireland v France complete. Ireland back on form, never seen a team encamped in the opposition half for so long, not to mention in the 22. Surprised it's only 19-0.

Ref pretty kind to Ireland at the breakdown, but France not at the races.

Wales will have defend the driving maul very well and sort out our lineout. Sexton using the pop pass and inside pass to great effect.

Heads up our defensive line.

-------------
Joshua24:15

Replies:
Posted By: Mogwen
Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:12pm
Ref having a stinker. How many times have ireland taken out the tackler before the tackle is complete? Each time the attacker beats the gain line. Complete unfair advantage which shoulx result in a pen each time

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Ref having a stinker. How many times have ireland taken out the tackler before the tackle is complete? Each time the attacker beats the gain line. Complete unfair advantage which shoulx result in a pen each time

Well it must be ok to do it. Poite thought it was ok too in the SF at the Aviva last season.

Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:30pm
Its something we should target against them too

-------------

Posted By: Antietam1
Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:31pm
Nonsense, ref warned France twice and then the French took out the lifters no card.

-------------
badabing badabook

Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Antietam1 Antietam1 wrote:

Nonsense, ref warned France twice and then the French took out the lifters no card.

Exactly - warned france but let ireland get away with it.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:39pm
Third warning, four scrum penalties.Yellow card.

-------------
badabing badabook

Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:47pm

Cone on mate ! This man's a joker ! He thought that Serevi's challenge on Halfpenny was ok ! AWJ asked him about 'duty of care', and he ignored him !

Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 4:58pm
Significant 2nd half moment, Ireland BP score, inside pop pass to Earls in a pre-planned lineout move!

Ref might have been a bit iffy, but Ireland were in a different class. Wales mustn't give Sexton and Murray the time they had today.

Also aimless kicking to their back three will be punished.

-------------

Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 5:39pm
ireland like wales put in a great first half...second half both fell away, wales moreso....but scots away is a far harder game than france at home....

i think theyre vulnerable in defence...their aerial defence was appalling against england..as was their chase back defence....they were all fingers and thumbs on the back foot. they lost the collisions and then they lost the plot..sexton is a genius on the front foot, but on the back hes a petty child...north foxy sanjay adams can seriously test them , north ran through earls with ease last time in cardiff...the maul is their weapon but its ours too....they love to try and truck and trail illegally. They also hit tacklers illegally and hold on after the tackle a lot...Sometimes they get away with it with a weak ref, we need to put these thoughts in the refs mind all week and awj and ken need to be in the refs face, politely of course.

in attack they just bully  you one up runners, pick and drive, the odd inside pass... sexton is a box of tricks, with his kicking variety and his runarounds so keep an eye on him...Their team is much the same as when we beat them 3 tries to nil 2 years ago...aki is in for henshaw, stockdale has rocketed on the scene over zebo , the back row swaps obrien and heaslip for van der flier and omahoney....obrien and heaslip were better carriers...peter o moaney is a lineout breakdown guy and always moaning to the ref..stander was there before hes a handful. 

I think we need to match their scrum, win our lineouts, win the breakdown with our experienced mobile back row...cut out errors....play in the their half. But I really think we can crack them from first phase as we did in 2017....Id take our threequarters over theirs.

Gats has won 8 lost 7 against them...but that record has improved in recent few years.
Its a massive clash, world number 2 V world number 3.
The psychology is interesting. Theyve won 2 grand slams in the last 15 years weve won 3, theyve dominated us at regional rugby, partly as theyre a lot richer.  weve won 13 in a row, but theyve beaten the all blacks twice in 2 years, weve beaten everyone bar the all blacks.. We beat england convincingly , they got hammered by england.. 

Is home advantage the crucial factor? I certainly wouldnt be so confident in dublin...But in front of a welsh crowd demanding a grand slam? Different kettle of fish.

By the way do you think the oirish will want the roof open to the elements?

-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)

Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

ireland like wales put in a great first half...second half both fell away, wales moreso....but scots away is a far harder game than france at home....

i think theyre vulnerable in defence...their aerial defence was appalling against england..as was their chase back defence....they were all fingers and thumbs on the back foot. they lost the collisions and then they lost the plot..sexton is a genius on the front foot, but on the back hes a petty child...north foxy sanjay adams can seriously test them , north ran through earls with ease last time in cardiff...the maul is their weapon but its ours too....they love to try and truck and trail illegally. They also hit tacklers illegally and hold on after the tackle a lot...Sometimes they get away with it with a weak ref, we need to put these thoughts in the refs mind all week and awj and ken need to be in the refs face, politely of course.

in attack they just bully  you one up runners, pick and drive, the odd inside pass... sexton is a box of tricks, with his kicking variety and his runarounds so keep an eye on him...Their team is much the same as when we beat them 3 tries to nil 2 years ago...aki is in for henshaw, stockdale has rocketed on the scene over zebo , the back row swaps obrien and heaslip for van der flier and omahoney....obrien and heaslip were better carriers...peter o moaney is a lineout breakdown guy and always moaning to the ref..stander was there before hes a handful. 

I think we need to match their scrum, win our lineouts, win the breakdown with our experienced mobile back row...cut out errors....play in the their half. But I really think we can crack them from first phase as we did in 2017....Id take our threequarters over theirs.

Gats has won 8 lost 7 against them...but that record has improved in recent few years.
The psychology is interesting. Theyve won 2 grand slams in the last 15 years weve won 3, theyve dominated us at regional rugby, partly as theyre a lot richer.  weve won 13 in a row, but theyve beaten the all blacks twice in 2 years, weve beaten everyone bar the all blacks.. We beat england convincingly , they got hammered by england.. 

Is home advantage the crucial factor? I certainly wouldnt be so confident in dublin...But in front of a welsh crowd demanding a grand slam? Different kettle of fish.

O'brien back next week VDF injured.
Beirne too.

-------------
badabing badabook

Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 6:27pm

Beirne too.

cheers for that, obrien is solid, but doesnt worry us we know all about him, hes a bit of a one trick pony and not the best breakdown forward imo....has beirne been on the pitch this 6 nations? 

-------------

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

First half of Ireland v France complete. Ireland back on form, never seen a team encamped in the opposition half for so long, not to mention in the 22. Surprised it's only 19-0.

Ref pretty kind to Ireland at the breakdown, but France not at the races.

Wales will have defend the driving maul very well and sort out our lineout. Sexton using the pop pass and inside pass to great effect.

Heads up our defensive line.
Murrayfield 2nd half yesterday.LOL

-------------
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 6:42pm
How come the ref is always blamed when Ireland play?

Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

because they cheat better than us....and so do the all blacks

-------------

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 10 March 2019 at 7:00pm

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

because they cheat better than us....and so do the all blacks
No Irish in show at Edinburgh v Scarlets and he still managed not to spot lots of fouls for the home team, some of which lead directly to their tries.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 11 March 2019 at 10:43am

Beirne too.

cheers for that, obrien is solid, but doesnt worry us we know all about him, hes a bit of a one trick pony and not the best breakdown forward imo....has beirne been on the pitch this 6 nations? 
No, he was injured for first 2 weeks then not selected. the Irish media are confused.

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Date Posted: 11 March 2019 at 1:48pm
peter jackson says wales have never lost a grand slam match in cardiff, where we were going for the slam, but I suspect we did once...see if you rugby brainiacs can remember which one without google?Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 11 March 2019 at 1:55pm
France when SQ was playing ? I think Betsen knocked SQ back in a tackle right on the French line, but I can't remember what year it was.

Date Posted: 11 March 2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

France when SQ was playing ? I think Betsen knocked SQ back in a tackle right on the French line, but I can't remember what year it was.

no dice sorry....we won 4 games that year but lost out on grand slam at twickers but ieuan still lifted the 6 nations trophy at twickers

-------------

Date Posted: 11 March 2019 at 2:30pm
Got it !!!!

1988, France lost to Scotland but France beat Wales 10-9 in the final match of the tournament. both were crowned Champions, but Wales won a Triple Crown.

Posted By: Ffidel Bennett
Date Posted: 11 March 2019 at 3:14pm
I think a lot will depend on whether Sanjay is fit, in which case, the obvious thing to do would be play him on North's wing and have Halfpenny at 15. That way we can attack them with high balls (although Biggar could more accurately supply them) and also defend when they try the same on us.
Is Samson injured or dropped?

Date Posted: 11 March 2019 at 4:07pm

Got it !!!!

1988, France lost to Scotland but France beat Wales 10-9 in the final match of the tournament. both were crowned Champions, but Wales won a Triple Crown.

well done ap...peter jackson said incorrectly on scrum v wales have won every grand slam game in cardiff, we have won 8 out of 9 ..this was the only defeat , 10 - 9 at home to the french , ieuan scored but all in vain

ok where / when did we win the other 3 grand slams away from home? no google lol

-------------

Date Posted: 11 March 2019 at 5:20pm

Got it !!!!

well done ap...peter jackson said incorrectly on scrum v wales have won every grand slam game in cardiff, we have won 8 out of 9 ..this was the only defeat , 10 - 9 at home to the french , ieuan scored but all in vain

ok where / when did we win the other 3 grand slams away from home? no google lol

Date Posted: 11 March 2019 at 5:53pm
Ireland home wben stevo missed the long distant kick at the end??

-------------

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 11 March 2019 at 6:21pm

We weren't going for the Grand Slam ourselves then just the Triple Crown and the Championship.

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 11 March 2019 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

We weren't going for the Grand Slam ourselves then just the Triple Crown and the Championship.

Thanks. By the way i was at the game in 88. Mark ring and jiffy ( i think) messing around with a drop out right at the end of the match.

-------------

Posted By: Owen111
Date Posted: 13 March 2019 at 11:21am
Looks like Tadhg Bernie is set to make his first 6N start against Wales on Sat. 

Very bittersweet! 

Date Posted: 13 March 2019 at 11:54am
wales won 3 slams away 2 in france 1 in ireland

The best way to attack ireland is in the threequarters imo
Up front theyre pretty immense. we need parity at scrum time, we need serious lineout improvements..The key is to be in the refs head before the game, pointing to the cynical irish tacttics around breakdown.....breakdown we need to edge them, we have great pace in the back row. Stander is another billy v, a handful but he will tire late on...They tend to drive a long way past rucks and they keep their hands on tackled players, players need to really make a song and dance about this to the referee....Theyve got the edge at fly half, though anscombe has shown signs of improvement. But cawdor and tips can harass sexton who often cracks on the back foot...Time for cawdor to snipe more too, hes controlled well but time to use his blistering pace.

Backs... north ran all over earls last time, stockdale is very iffy in defence too,  foxy and parkes are starting to go through the gears...I think kearney is out..larmour has only 8 caps,,hes only 21 barely played for leinster ...winger/full back.we just need sanjay to come through his contact sessions and our back line is ready....otherwise we have a great replacement in hapenny....Also hope tomos williams is fit for bench. 

-------------

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 13 March 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Looks like Tadhg Bernie is set to make his first 6N start against Wales on Sat. 

Very bittersweet! 

Worth a fiver on MOTM

Date Posted: 13 March 2019 at 6:52pm
Noticed the Irish pack was heavier than the French!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 March 2019 at 8:31pm
Their best players are probably the 2 props , theyre big lads but mobile too....ryan is a bit long in the tooth perhaps, stander the main carrier, omahoney is a lineout breakdown guy....didnt realise they were as big as that french pack...are you sure about that? 

-------------

Posted By: jimmywilde
Date Posted: 13 March 2019 at 8:58pm
They had dropped atonio and willemse so pack was about 6 stone lighter than against us.
I think you may be thinking of a different ryan. james ryan is only about 23.

-------------
Often visit, rarely post.
I like to consider myself a well behaved lurker.

Posted By: NobbySosban
Date Posted: 14 March 2019 at 12:15pm
Same 23 again for Wales v Ireland:

WALES
15 Liam Williams
14 George North
13 Jonathan Davies
12 Hadleigh Parkes
11 Josh Adams
10 Gareth Anscombe
9 Gareth Davies
1 Rob Evans
2 Ken Owens
3 Tomas Francis
4 Adam Beard
5 Alun-Wyn Jones ©
6 Josh Navidi
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Ross Moriarty
16 Elliot Dee
17 Nicky Smith
18 Dillon Lewis
19 Jake Ball
20 Aaron Wainwright
21 Aled Davies
22 Dan Biggar
23 Owen Watkin

Tadgh Beirne starts...Shocked

IRELAND
15 Rob Kearney
14 Keith Earls
13 Bundee Aki
12 Garry Ringrose
11 Jacob Stockdale
10 Johnny Sexton
9 Conor Murray
1 Cian Healy
2 Rory Best ©
3 Tadgh Furlong
4 Tadgh Beirne
5 James Ryan
6 Peter O'Mahony
7 Sean O'Brien
8 CJ Stander
16 Niall Scannell
17 Dave Kilcoyne
18 Andrew Porter
19 Quinn Roux
20 Jack Conan
21 Kieran Marmion
22 Jack Carty
23 Jordan Larmour

Date Posted: 14 March 2019 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Same 23 again for Wales v Ireland:

15 Liam Williams
14 George North
13 Jonathan Davies
12 Hadleigh Parkes
11 Josh Adams
10 Gareth Anscombe
9 Gareth Davies
1 Rob Evans
2 Ken Owens
3 Tomas Francis
4 Adam Beard
5 Alun-Wyn Jones ©
6 Josh Navidi
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Ross Moriarty
16 Elliot Dee
17 Nicky Smith
18 Dillon Lewis
19 Jake Ball
20 Aaron Wainwright
21 Aled Davies
22 Dan Biggar
23 Owen Watkin

Thanks. thought Corey Hill would be back after his sterling performance against England. However Beard had a very good game against the Scots. I guess that Hill is still injured.

Posted By: dr_martinov
Date Posted: 14 March 2019 at 3:50pm
Back row battle looks intense, they've got three big ball carriers there. 

Date Posted: 14 March 2019 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Yeah their whole pack are ball carriers really..omahoney not so much hes more lineout breakdown, the rest are brutes.that does concern me a bit
But we rolled them over in cardiff last time much the same team, north ran over earls, roberts smashed down the middle and we wheeled their scrums to open up their blindside....obrien and stander are physical confrontational players, but theyre not smart footballers like tipuric

Last year was different they seemed to find endless hard yards through our defence....2 tries with irish players on their knees stretching out....our defence simply wasnt at the races last year..Sexton threw one brilliant flat pass to put stockdale in. since then we have tips north and foxy back and emergence of josh adams. 

we have a lot of mobile hard working smart forwards....but not as many ball carriers...ken, rob, awj, moriarty the best ball carriers....navidi and tips tireless support runners and breakdown specialists. Hopefully our variety, our improved defence and skills will give us an edge. Their second rows are talented and powerful, but really lacking experience of such an occasion, hopefully that too will give us an edge. We have to be really smart here. lay into the referees ear throughout. give them trouble at set scrums, secure quality lineout ball, and dominate the breakdown. I also think they look vulnerable out wide and on the turn with kicks, aki stockdale have made a few defensive howlers

Our real advantage is the threequarters imo

-------------

Date Posted: 14 March 2019 at 8:37pm

Yeah their whole pack are ball carriers really..omahoney not so much hes more lineout breakdown, the rest are brutes.that does concern me a bit
But we rolled them over in cardiff last time much the same team, north ran over earls, roberts smashed down the middle and we wheeled their scrums to open up their blindside....obrien and stander are physical confrontational players, but theyre not smart footballers like tipuric

Last year was different they seemed to find endless hard yards through our defence....2 tries with irish players on their knees stretching out....our defence simply wasnt at the races last year..Sexton threw one brilliant flat pass to put stockdale in. since then we have tips north and foxy back and emergence of josh adams. 

we have a lot of mobile hard working smart forwards....but not as many ball carriers...ken, rob, awj, moriarty the best ball carriers....navidi and tips tireless support runners and breakdown specialists. Hopefully our variety, our improved defence and skills will give us an edge. Their second rows are talented and powerful, but really lacking experience of such an occasion, hopefully that too will give us an edge. We have to be really smart here. lay into the referees ear throughout. give them trouble at set scrums, secure quality lineout ball, and dominate the breakdown. I also think they look vulnerable out wide and on the turn with kicks, aki stockdale have made a few defensive howlers

Kearney is very good in the air and Earls has loads of experience so yes, Stockdale will be targeted. Three quarters will be interesting.... I'm still sensing a big break and try from Foxy sometime soon. Could this be it?

Date Posted: 14 March 2019 at 9:14pm

Kearney is very good in the air and Earls has loads of experience so yes, Stockdale will be targeted. Three quarters will be interesting.... I'm still sensing a big break and try from Foxy sometime soon. Could this be it?

north ran straight through earls in 2017....kearney is class but can blow hot and cold and has been injured....i have a similar feeling about foxy but also cawdor who has been strangely quiet

-------------

Date Posted: 14 March 2019 at 10:43pm
Big ball-carrying forwards are only useful when going forward. England showed how to beat them by continually turning them and putting pressure on them trying to retrieve Farrell's kicks. I would have started with Biggar as his kicking is more refined.

Date Posted: 14 March 2019 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Big ball-carrying forwards are only useful when going forward. England showed how to beat them by continually turning them and putting pressure on them trying to retrieve Farrell's kicks. I would have started with Biggar as his kicking is more refined.

Very true..Just like France you move big packs around turn them and they start blowing. They wont doing much late on neither was billy vunipola...Though ireland are miles better than france, the principle remains...The impact of stopping beirne stander obrien (who is overated imo)and those huge props may take up energy early on and we dont want to be on the backfoot too long...But the discipline of our defence is generally very good and fitness levels of our team are remarkable and the back row in particular are like duracell bunnies....tipuric in constant motion and navidi is always in the heat of the battle..moriarty has had a great championship too..But we dont want to be like that scottish second half soaking up endless pressure. We need to take the game to them, play in the right areas. Create space look for lazy defenders, try the inside ball, vary attacks, attack from first phase too. Get it into the hands of world class attackers , foxy north sanjay and co. Kick accurately and make them turn. Territory is key too. Theyre a hard side to stop from 10 yards we need to avoid being trapped. Theyre a team that likes to bully, take that away and outsmart and out think and outdance them and you can beat them. what ali called rope-a-dope.. Hopefully theyll wear themselves out.

-------------

Posted By: dyniol53
Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 10:14am
Tadhg will win a turnover in the first 10 minutes mark my words.

Have we played against a better stealer of the ball in the 6 Nations?

Last time we played someone better than him must've been Pocock in the autumn and he got a few...

-------------
Find A Player // https://findaplayer.com/" rel="nofollow - https://findaplayer.com/

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 10:46am
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Tadhg will win a turnover in the first 10 minutes mark my words.

Have we played against a better stealer of the ball in the 6 Nations?

Last time we played someone better than him must've been Pocock in the autumn and he got a few...

that scots sub flanker last week is v handy in this area , sadly so are tadhg and pom

I hope we smash him early doors and keep him and the rest of them quiet

Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 10:52am
if we kick against Ireland like we did against Scotland we are in big trouble nearly every kick found a defender to run back at us.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

if we kick against Ireland like we did against Scotland we are in big trouble nearly every kick found a defender to run back at us.

True, so we need to make sure we kick accurately and chase every one to put pressure on the defenders trying to field the kicks. North didn't seem  to think of this in the first half against France but his half-time bollocking seemed to inspire him to try it in the second half and that changed the game. 
If the Irish insist on keeping the roof open, then the wet ball will be more difficult for them to collect and distribute, and will serve them right!!

Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 12:02pm
The roof decision is bonkers. in the middle of a storm too? Now 74000 people will get drenched and the game will suffer massively as a spectacle. its our roof we should be allowed to close it, IRB needs to take a look at this in future. Mega negative decision but schmidt who it appears has been telling pork pies about the welsh asking the 6 nations bosses if they can close it. Schmidt that is pathetic

-------------

Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 12:58pm
how they've let this roof saga go on for so many years is a mystery

-------------
Find A Player // https://findaplayer.com/" rel="nofollow - https://findaplayer.com/

Posted By: sgsmorgan
Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 2:42pm
Just win boys...... 1 point will do. Life amongst the paddies is unbearable when they win. They have all the humility and style of a drunk water buffalo

Posted By: gnasher1975
Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 3:19pm
See the only thing i have seen is schmit saying if they are going to water the pitch like last time we might as well have the roof open and the press seem to have run with ireland want the roof open

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 4:21pm
Rugby should be played in the open but when it’s going to belt down and people are paying a lot of money out to attend and TV money as well , you want the best possible conditions and there should be the right to close the roof. However it is what it is. Mind you,Wales would probably want it closed even if dry so we are no angels either ! 😉

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: Winston
Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 4:46pm
I will never understand why we have a superb stadium with a roof if we always have to ask teacher if we can use it. It’s our home fixture. Isn’t that what home advantage is about. On the plus side Ireland are clearly frightened of our boys. Up to us to show them why they need to be. I do believe that Biggar is a bettter 10 in rain. As France showed

Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 7:49pm
Its pathetic. 70,000 will get drenched too

-------------

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 8:51pm

Its pathetic. 70,000 will get drenched too

Why will 70,000 get drenched? Surely the rain will only affect the front ten or so rows. There'll be more drenched inside than out.😂

-------------
Keep the faith

Date Posted: 15 March 2019 at 9:10pm
It's why they wear those daffodil hats mun. Practical.

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 4:59am
Rugby in the rain shocker.

Posted By: gnasher1975
Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 6:46am
Another masterstroke by gatland, he has a way of taking pressure off his players whilst instilling untold belief in them. This week....bring up the roof and the all the focus is on that rather than his players and the grand slam. Awj was sat there yesterday answering questions about a bloody roof rather than the weight of expectation of the nation

Meanwhile all the pressure is Irelands now, they now have to win with a bonus point in the pissing down rain and wind to stand any chance of winning the tournament.....
..bloody genius

Posted By: PTScarlet
Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 9:59am
I think Wales will lose this one. Predicting Tadgh Beirne to have a stormer.

-------------
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 10:08am
Originally posted by PTScarlet PTScarlet wrote:

I'm nervous but think I'll back us. Are you really in Thailand BTW?

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

Another masterstroke by gatland, he has a way of taking pressure off his players whilst instilling untold belief in them. This week....bring up the roof and the all the focus is on that rather than his players and the grand slam. Awj was sat there yesterday answering questions about a bloody roof rather than the weight of expectation of the nation

Meanwhile all the pressure is Irelands now, they now have to win with a bonus point in the pissing down rain and wind to stand any chance of winning the tournament.....
..bloody genius

lol good angle LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Try playing on the wing up in Cwmllynfell on a wet Saturday afternoon in January !

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 12:11pm

Yes, been working here for almost 2 years.
Talking of Thailand, this weekend there is an alcohol ban in place 6pm Saturday to 6pm Sunday. Don’t they know how important a weekend this is!? The choice of sitting in the bar and watching all 3 games with a Diet Coke, or home drinking a beer.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 12:40pm

Try playing on the wing up in Cwmllynfell on a wet Saturday afternoon in January !

Shocked fair do's outside of antarctica that must be the coldest place on earthLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 12:50pm

Wing is not a position mun.

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 1:08pm

Talking of Thailand, this weekend there is an alcohol ban in place 6pm Saturday to 6pm Sunday. Don’t they know how important a weekend this is!? The choice of sitting in the bar and watching all 3 games with a Diet Coke, or home drinking a beer.
my son starts a teaching job in bangcock in September there will be at least 2 scarlet fans then,Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 1:20pm
I’m there for a week early May...tell me this a moon 1 day thing re the 🍻

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 2:01pm

my son starts a teaching job in bangcock in September there will be at least 2 scarlet fans then,Big smile

I’m in Bangkok too. If he needs any help with settling in/finding his way around/needing to know anything before he arrives, do send me a message.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 2:02pm

I’m there for a week early May...tell me this a moon 1 day thing re the 🍻

Coronation for the new king is on the first weekend of May, possibly the whole weekend will be dry (not 100% yet).

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 2:35pm

I’m in Bangkok too. If he needs any help with settling in/finding his way around/needing to know anything before he arrives, do send me a message.
thanks will pass the message on.Clap

-------------

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 3:22pm
Foxy s kick this time went out... Come Wales

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 3:37pm
ruining their scrum , stealing a few lineouts, keeping the ball, defensively keeping shape so far....anscombe has had a stormer....keep it going lads....can wales finally put in an 80 minute performance

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 3:40pm
tackle of the year from parkes, how the heck did he catch stockdale?

-------------

Posted By: joni_bach
Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 3:48pm

ruining their scrum , stealing a few lineouts, keeping the ball, defensively keeping shape so far....anscombe has had a stormer....keep it going lads....can wales finally put in an 80 minute performance

Storm Gareth pun?

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 4:40pm
Make history, congratulations..

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 5:05pm
foxy owned the winning horse at cheltenham too lol 

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 5:18pm

Uttoxeter/midlands grand national trained by Christian Williams and ridden by james bowen both welsh,£84,000 winnings.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 5:37pm
To underline this monumental achievement and the depth we have in Wales, our second team includes the load of great /injured / unavailable players ...halfpenny steff evans scott williams owen watkin luke morgan patchell rhys webb tom williams faletau ellis jenkins aaron shingler dan lydiate luke charteris cory hill jake ball samson lee ryan elias wyn jones etc these are seriously class players

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 5:38pm

Uttoxeter/midlands grand national trained by Christian Williams and ridden by james bowen both welsh,£84,000 winnings.

same horse different racecourse lol

-------------

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 6:00pm
could be hell of a day for welsh sport as the swans are 2-0 up on man city after 25 mins in fa cup

-------------

Posted By: Cofi
Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 6:40pm
...and Scotland have just equalized with Ingerland!

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 9:48pm
I believe that the Irish choosing to have the roof open backfired big time on the today. Cardey wasn’t too great in the air and there were a lot of unforced handling errors by the Irish. Sextons kicking form hand was also poor, it might have been more accurate had the ball and playing surface been drier and less slippery. Anyway, they brought it on themselves and seeing Sexton getting riled and being replaced was brilliant.
From a Scarlets perspective, I thought Cawdor didn’t have his best game, seemed very ponderous and also gave away 3 penalties in the first half, one which led to a very kickable welsh penalty being reversed by the referee. Hadley and foxy were both outstanding in defence and did what they had to do with ball in hand. Ken and Rob were also solid and it was nice to see Jake getting game time as well.
I thought that Tadgh was really well off the pace today, he did win one of his trademark turnovers (how we’ve missed him this season) but he doesn’t look the physical specimen that he was with us, and hence less effective. There were rumours that he had been told to bulk up by Shmit and that seems to have affected his ability to get around the field and wreck havoc with the opposition ball and to play his outstanding offload game. It’s a shame, but he’s got what he went back to Ireland for - an Irish cap, and now he’s played in a six nations match for the first time too.

Date Posted: 16 March 2019 at 10:24pm
Forgive me as this is somewhat sacrilegious on this forum. But today felt like a bit of payback for our Semi-Final vs Leinster last year, where they just never allowed us in the game.

Today wales didn’t allow Ireland in the game, and then Ireland kept themselves out of it with poor mistakes.

Key players for them went missing, did any of them play well?

Key players for us stood up, AWJ, Beard, back-row & Anscombe all beat their opposite numbers. And our boys Rob Evs, Ken, Hadleigh and Jon Fox were world class - so proud of them.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 March 2019 at 2:51am
Sexton seems to have been cursed after winning player of the year. Definitely not the player he was last year. Would have hauled him off earlier than he was.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2019 at 12:15am
How do the wru split the £5.5 million prize money?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2019 at 8:26am

It's going to the North Wales regionLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 18 March 2019 at 2:28pm

It's going to the North Wales regionLOL

Lol I hope that madcap plan is on hold for a good while

Well the wru claimed theyd lose £5 million this year because of no autumn tests....well this prize money should cover some of that...though im guessing a fair chunk will be split between players and staff....plus this glorious grand slam should mean sell outs in august for england and ireland games plus it should make it close to sell out for judgement day....all of which adds cash to the coffers for wru, welsh rugby and regions. Id like to think another golden age of welsh rugby the 4th grand slam in 15 years, will see the wru net bigger commercial deals for the jersey sponsors, the stadium sponsors and it may help the next time tv deals are on the table too. Smile

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.04 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2015 Web Wiz Ltd. - http://www.webwiz.co.uk