Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45314
Printed Date: 23 August 2019 at 3:13am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Team for play off game.
Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Subject: Team for play off game.
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:13am
Working on the assumption that Sarries win this weekend I am taking a punt at our team selection :-

15. Leigh 14. Jonny 13. Foxy 12. Hadleigh 11. Steff 10. Rhys 9. Cawdor
1. Wyn 2. Ken 3. Samson 4. Jake 5. Cummins 6. Aaron 7. Cubby 8. Blade

16. Ryan 17. Price 18. Werner 19. Bulbring 20. McLoud 21. Hardy 22. Dan 23. Fonotia.

An interesting side point is if the play off were to be played at the Arms Park then a number of the above selected players may not be risked - Jake, Aaron & Cubby spring to mind. 

Replies:
Posted By: sreve19
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 11:52am
I like the look of that team , let's hope we can dig out a performance at last.

Posted By: stradeyscarlet72
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:03pm
We need a performance worthy of a Pro 14 / European Cup winning standard .  Lets hope that we can bring our A game to the arms park . 

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Working on the assumption that Sarries win this weekend I am taking a punt at our team selection :-

16. Ryan 17. Price 18. Werner 19. Bulbring 20. McLoud 21. Hardy 22. Dan 23. Fonotia.

An interesting side point is if the play off were to be played at the Arms Park then a number of the above selected players may not be risked - Jake, Aaron & Cubby spring to mind. 

No way Cubby and Aaron can be match fit.

-------------
Keep the faith

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

I agree - it'd be a mistake to put two players who have hardly played for months in the starting lineup. Macleod is a very promising player - time to start him - and Boyde, for all that he's leaving, will want to go out with a bang.

Otherwise, the team looks to pick itself - maybe they'll start Nicholas rather than Steff, though.

-------------
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)

Posted By: knutsfordlion
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:34am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

I agree - it'd be a mistake to put two players who have hardly played for months in the starting lineup. Macleod is a very promising player - time to start him - and Boyde, for all that he's leaving, will want to go out with a bang.

Otherwise, the team looks to pick itself - maybe they'll start Nicholas rather than Steff, though.

Steff is a genuine game breaker and we need every bit of attacking spark available.

Cubby is the type of player who can just do it. Last term he was out for a few months and had MOM in his first game back !
Aaron is an athlete who again would not need a load of games to be effective. If he is fit in training then he can start. Give his all for 60 minutes and then be substituted. Really need his lineout expertise as this aspect has been poor all season.
Lets not make the mistake as we did at the CAP after the six nations where we put the big guns on the bench and had lost the game by half time.

-------------
Page the oracle

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:16am
Aaron & Cubby are reportedly fit and ready. I understand the reluctance on here to start them but frankly in the case of Aaron a half fit Aaron is way ahead of any alternative. His lineout expertise alone stands him out. 

Cuuby has hardly played this season but has trained a lot so will be ready to go 80 minutes in my view. 

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:36am
They will both be chomping at the bit to be included, particularly given both will want to stretch their legs before rocking up at the World Cup training camp.

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:48am
15. Halfpenny
14. Mcnicholl
13. Foxy
12. Parkes
11. Nicholas
10. Patch
9. Cawdor
8. Macleod
7. Cubby
6. Thomson
5. Cummins
4. Ball
3. Samson
2. Ken
1. Wyn
16. Jones
17. Price
18. Kruger
19. Bullbring
20. Shingler
21. Hardy
22. Dan
23. Asquith

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:49pm
pick the best team we have ,  that means cubby and shingler for me

tbh if no shingler , the ashtrays will kick to touch all night long and attack our line out

I back us to win , I think the delay has worked in our favour, plus a harder faster track will suit us as we have far better backs than them

Posted By: Dai38
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 3:51pm
I was told last week (by a Sccarlet insider) that Shingler would not be available. Cubby should be.

-------------
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:07pm

I heard yesterday Shingler will be available,so just wait and see now .

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 4:26pm
True one of our sources are wrong.

-------------

Posted By: M.M.
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 6:56pm
Given our away form this season, whoever we play then it's quite a challenge.

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

I was told last week (by a Sccarlet insider) that Shingler would not be available. Cubby should be.
He’s available

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

He’s available

That's great news. He's a fantastic player.
It's a bit optimistic, though, to expect a player who's been out of the game for so long with injury to stamp his presence on a game such as this.

Our senior players need to step up big time.

The game will be won in the forwards.

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 10 May 2019 at 8:17pm
Shingler has to play if fit, or even 80% fit. His sheer presence at the line out has been solely missed this season, Both the Scarlets and Wales reverted to front of the line ball when struggling with the lineouts and Shingler is superb at getting up early and securing that.   It also allows for the Scarlets to play Blade in the backrow.
Cubby is vital in our attempts at keeping the ball in play and moving the Ospreys pack around the field.
All 3 will be desperate to prove their fitness ahead of the World Cup training camps.

Posted By: diego6754
Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 9:56am
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

He’s available

That's great news. He's a fantastic player.
It's a bit optimistic, though, to expect a player who's been out of the game for so long with injury to stamp his presence on a game such as this.

Our senior players need to step up big time.

The game will be won in the forwards.

Having Blade, Shings and Cubby available is like the season finished and we signed a world class back row for this game. As good as Boyde, Macloed, DD, Cassiem et al are it shows how much we have been affected by injuries this season.

Posted By: shocker
Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 6:58pm
With sarries win, it is scarlets v os

Posted By: Craigy boy
Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:49pm
Cant wait for another game of mistake after mistake . I really cant see us winning .

Posted By: Rob o'r Bont
Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:50pm
Yes; Os v Scarlets, but where? People were speculating the Brewery Field earlier?

And how do we get tickets?

-------------
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.

Posted By: minded
Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:52pm
No it's Liberty as it can be played next weekend. If it were later than it would have been Brewery

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPLe3ApXjW4&list=PL576FE48C1F044909&index=1" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2018

Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 7:52pm
Ospreys v Scarlets at the Liberty Stadium, Saturday May 18th ko 19:45.

Tickets can be purchased on the Scarlets website at https://www.eticketing.co.uk/scarletsrugby/ from 7.30pm on Saturday, May 11, at the Scarlets ticket office from Sunday 10am

Date Posted: 11 May 2019 at 8:22pm

With the exception of Rob Evans our forwards could well be at  full strength ? So I would go for 6 forwards on on bench and 2 backs .

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:13am
Next weekend surely one of the biggest in Llanelli rugby’s history.
Massive implications for both sides if we lose.
Please let’s have a non welsh ref at the liberty.

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Posted By: multinational
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:39am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

<font style=": rgb255, 255, 255;">  With the exception of Rob Evans our forwards could well be at  full strength ? So I would go for 6 forwards on on bench and 2 backs .

I wouldn’t argue. It’s up front where the game will be won or lost against them

-------------
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.

Posted By: kcreg
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:00am
if the scarlets I know,turn up next week.there's no reason whatsoever,why we can't beat,what is a joe average osprey team.problem is.....what scarlet team will turn up?

-------------
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!

Posted By: Sosban bach
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:09am
Didn’t shings play for Llandovery last week? Not sure why we didn’t have him in the rfc mind.

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Didn’t shings play for Llandovery last week? Not sure why we didn’t have him in the rfc mind.
Did that happen in the end?

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Did that happen in the end?

Not sure just what I heard during our rfc game v neath. I’d still go with shings our line out is an embarrassment without him.

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 11:52am

No he didn’t

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 12:14pm
Is Steff Evs fit?

Posted By: KID A
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 3:42pm
Ospreys born Ben Whitehouse to referee the game. Got to love this league.

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 3:48pm

Absolute disgrace if true .

Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 4:40pm
how big a crowd are we expecting? do we get a cut of ticket sales?

-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 6:23pm
its the refs fault a week before game.Thumbs Down

-------------
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.

Posted By: henry_winkler
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Ben Whitehouse has cost us games before, now, not only do we have to play the opposition we have to be be 10% better again to counteract the ref. That's not how it should be.

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Absolute disgrace if true .

Our team now needs to show its true potential.

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 6:35pm
Ben Whitehouse reffed us at the Liberty in 2016. It was our first win at the Liberty for about 7 years.

How would we react if Nigel was reffing ? I wouldn't want Clancy, Lacey or Murphy either.

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 6:40pm
I think we need to stop looking for excuses and play to our potential for 80 minutes.That is what we have failed to do in a number of games this season. We play well in parts then fall away at critical moments allowing the opposition to take control of the game.

This time last year we were beating Glasgow on their own ground.

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Ben Whitehouse reffed us at the Liberty in 2016. It was our first win at the Liberty for about 7 years.

How would we react if Nigel was reffing ? I wouldn't want Clancy, Lacey or Murphy either.

indeed do we need refs at all

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 7:40pm

I think we need to stop looking for excuses and play to our potential for 80 minutes.That is what we have failed to do in a number of games this season. We play well in parts then fall away at critical moments allowing the opposition to take control of the game.

This time last year we were beating Glasgow on their own ground.
ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

-------------

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Ben Whitehouse has cost us games before, now, not only do we have to play the opposition we have to be be 10% better again to counteract the ref. That's not how it should be.
nigel owens has cost us loads of games against the O's and his nephew plays for us and he was born in our region.

-------------

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 7:54pm
Inconsistency with officiating is one of rugby’s biggest problems. You just never know whats going to be the topic of the day. Will it be offsides, hands in the ruck, side entry, scrummaging ...who knows. Having all these calls for bias doesn't do the officials any good either.

Posted By: Mogwen
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:01pm
Were just not street wise enough when it comes to refs. Other teams seem to adapt their style to the refs views on the day. We dont, and complain about it afterwards. We have leaders in the team. Its time they led.

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Posted By: Cwmgwuan
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:07pm
Im not too worried about the ref. Im more worried about pur defence which for some reason has been non existent at times. Ospreys will probably be seeing this as a weakness of late so im hoping that this is something our coaches are addressing right now. Ref we cant do m7ch about but defence we can so lets pray it improves

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:26pm
Just show them the video of Sarries on Saturday and tell them to emulate their line speed.😁😁

-------------
Keep the faith

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:28pm
That would be great lol

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Were just not street wise enough when it comes to refs. Other teams seem to adapt their style to the refs views on the day. We dont, and complain about it afterwards. We have leaders in the team. Its time they led.
And the Ospreys are masters at it. It's one heck of an edge they have on us.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:39pm
Anybody know what the injury situation is on both sides? Who is fit or not?

Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:43pm
We are massive underdogs this Saturday. With our away form it can be nothing less.

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by Cwmgwuan Cwmgwuan wrote:

We're only without Rob I think.

-------------
We're still still here!

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

We're only without Rob I think.

What about Aaron Blade Ball and Cubby ?

For the Ospreys, what's the situation with Scott Williams ? Will he be fit or not ?

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:03am

We are massive underdogs this Saturday. With our away form it can be nothing less.

Nothing will hurt more than losing out on RCC rugby next season at the hands of our bitter most rivals. This game is absolutely huge, in more ways that one. 
However, qualifying for RCC rugby next season, at the expense of our bitter most rivals, now you're talking!!! ClapClapClap

-------------
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:21am
We deseprately need Aaron for his line out prowess, it's an area that has plagued us recently & if we shore that up we will hopefully be ok.

Posted By: crj89
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:01pm
1. Wyn Jones
2. Ken Owens
3. Samson Lee
4. Jake Ball
5. Blade Thomson
6. Will Boyde
7. Josh Macleod
8 Uzair Casseim
9. Gareth Davies
10. Rhys Patchell
11. Steff Evans
12. Hadleigh Parkes
13. Jonathan Davies
14. Jonny McNicholl
15. Leigh Halfpenny

16. Ryan Elias
17. Phil Price
18. Werner Kruger
19. Steve Cummins
20. Aaron Shingler
21. Kieran Hardy
22. Dan Jones
23. Kieran Fonotia

Posted By: henry_winkler
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:49pm
If Shingler is available he has to start, Blade at 8 Cassiem on the bench

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

If Shingler is available he has to start, Blade at 8 Cassiem on the bench
both really match fit.Shocked

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:31pm
Id have Blade and Shingler on the bench. Id go will Ball and Cummings 2nd row and Cubby, MacLeod and Boyde in back row. Cassiem is getting better after a run of bad luck but i think those 3 are little more consistent

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:38pm
Cassiem to start for me, he can score tries and runs hard. We desperately need more lineout options though, its so obvious we throw to Cassiem every time.
Loads of players have a point to prove, those trying to ‘save’ themselves for the world cup will get found out. I hope the team does the fans justice.

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:49am

Id have Blade and Shingler on the bench. Id go will Ball and Cummings 2nd row and Cubby, MacLeod and Boyde in back row. Cassiem is getting better after a run of bad luck but i think those 3 are little more consistent

With that back three our line out options are poor which has been a huge issue this season. We need shingler badly.

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:54am
Cubby, McLoud & Boyde are a totally underpowered back row which would come off 2nd best against most teams in the pro 14. Shingler, Blade or Kennedy needs to play to give us a lineout presence and some power. Cracknell, King & Tipuric are no way World beaters but they are far better than Cubby, McLoud & Boyde. 

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:02am

Cubby, McLoud & Boyde are a totally underpowered back row which would come off 2nd best against most teams in the pro 14. Shingler, Blade or Kennedy needs to play to give us a lineout presence and some power. Cracknell, King & Tipuric are no way World beaters but they are far better than Cubby, McLoud & Boyde
Based on what? Clearly Tipuric is world class but the other two? I'd take Josh and Boyde over Cracknell and King any day of the week.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 11:13am

Most Ospreys supporters do not rate either  Cracknell or King .

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:14pm
Just read on the BBC web page both Shingler snd Cubby out. I was really expecting Cubby to p,ay, but I assume thst's life. Ball is git on the pluse side.

Makes it a difficult night.

-------------

Posted By: shocker
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:26pm
I would go for

15 mcnichol 14 half penny 13 Davies 12 Parkes 11 Evans 10 patch 9 Davies 8 Boyd 7 Davies 6 shingler 5 blade 4 ball 3 Samson 2 Owens 1 jones

J Mac to play 15(better attacker)for this and halfpenny on wing(better defender)

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:34pm
If we don’t have a close to full fit pack we are done easy.

Posted By: Roger
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

I would go for

15 mcnichol 14 half penny 13 Davies 12 Parkes 11 Evans 10 patch 9 Davies 8 Boyd 7 Davies 6 shingler 5 blade 4 ball 3 Samson 2 Owens 1 jones

J Mac to play 15(better attacker)for this and halfpenny on wing(better defender)

Samson and Wyn Jones may not be fit according to BBC.

Posted By: Roger
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Roger Roger wrote:

Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

I would go for

Samson and Wyn Jones may not be fit according to BBC.

James Davies Shingler and Fonotia will miss the game as well.

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 1:01pm
Wow, with those injuries we will struggle...

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 1:14pm
how have we got these new injuries??? this is crazy? what are they doing down there?

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

how have we got these new injuries??? this is crazy? what are they doing down there?

Wyn did injure his knee in Dragons game .

15,Halfpenny
 14,McNicholl
 13,Foxy
 12.Parkes
 11,Steff Evs
 10,Patch
 9,Cawdor
 1,Wyn
 2,Ken
 3,Samson
 4,Ball
 5,Cummins
 6,Blade
 8,Cassiem
 7,Macleod

Subs,16,Nicholas
         17,Hardy
         18,Phil Price/Dylan
         19,Elias
         20,Werner/Sebastian
         21,Bulbring
         22,Kennedy
         23,Boyde 

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:41pm
Some of you have referred to the injuries - this is the BBC report:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/48266257" rel="nofollow - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/48266257

Key section:

Wales second-row Jake Ball will return for the Scarlets in the Pro14 Champions Cup play-off against Ospreys.

Ball has not played since Wales' Grand Slam triumph against Ireland on 16 March with a foot injury.

Hooker Ryan Elias returns, but Scarlets face a potential prop problem with Wales duo Samson Lee (HIA) and Wyn Jones (knee) battling to be fit.

Prop Rob Evans is a long term injury so Scarlets could be short in the loose-head position if Jones is unfit.

Wales flankers James Davies and Aaron Shingler will again be missing, along with centre Kieron Fonotia who has a knee problem.

-------------
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 2:52pm
Thats not good. Wr are really gonns struggle

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:00pm
The loss of these players will either strengthen the resolve of the team or the opposite.

Regardless of the comments I know/believe that the management knew that Shingler & Cubby would not be playing, and that there were concerns over the props.

I really hope that the game preparations have been spot on, and we have our game plan ready. If we do them we have a chance otherwise I think we will loose.

It is very much like a cup-final in line with some of the early Welsh cup finals where we were not favourites in mant,  but came home with the cup.

Past performances are now history, it's today that counts.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:41pm
If fit I would start Dan Davies.

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:00pm
These forwards injuries could also be crucial to Llanelli RFC on Friday night if players like Gardiner and Davis etc are taken by the Region. Worrying times.

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: dr_martinov
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:27pm

The loss of these players will either strengthen the resolve of the team or the opposite.

Regardless of the comments I know/believe that the management knew that Shingler & Cubby would not be playing, and that there were concerns over the props.

I really hope that the game preparations have been spot on, and we have our game plan ready. If we do them we have a chance otherwise I think we will loose.

It is very much like a cup-final in line with some of the early Welsh cup finals where we were not favourites in mant,  but came home with the cup.

Past performances are now history, it's today that counts.

And Saturday.

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:29pm
really hope samon and wyn are fit and this is mind games, if we don't go as fully loaded as we can it could be very messy on Saturday night.
they are clear favourites and have played better than we have recently. we come in with no form at all, just hope and prey the players turn it on for us

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:31pm
Kruger isn’t really any worse than Samson this season and is probably our best carrier in the tight

Posted By: crj89
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:37pm

Kruger isn’t really any worse than Samson this season and is probably our best carrier in the tight

Done 80 minutes this season before now, I'm sure it was Munster home possibly? Think he edges it slightly for me with the work he gets through.

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Possibly on pre booked holidays or something similar.😎

-------------
Keep the faith

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Wow, with those injuries we will struggle...
but at least we will have an excuse for playing poo,we've used it all season which is why we are in this situation and if the injury excuse doesn't work the ref was born in ospreylia-no lose situation.Angry

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:04am
worst case scenario side:

15. Leigh Halfpenny
14. Johnny Mac
13. Foxy
12. Parkes
11. Ioan
10. Patch
9. Cawdor
8. Cassiem
7. Macleod
6. Blade
5. Cummins
4. Ball
3. Kruger
2. Ken
1. Price
16. Jones
17. Evans
18. Gardiner
19. Bullbring
20. Boyde
21. Hardy
22. Dan
23. Asquith

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:26am
Hopefully not Gardner as the RFC will need all the forwards grunt it can muster to tackle a no doubt big and heavy Pooler team on Friday in the Relegation play off. Having the RFC relegated would also be a disaster for the Region as the owner of the RFC . Worrying times for all clubs playing out of Parc Y Scarlets 😰

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:15am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

worst case scenario side:

15. Leigh Halfpenny
14. Johnny Mac
13. Foxy
12. Parkes
11. Ioan
10. Patch
9. Cawdor
8. Cassiem
7. Macleod
6. Blade
5. Cummins
4. Ball
3. Kruger
2. Ken
1. Price
16. Jones
17. Evans
18. Gardiner
19. Bullbring
20. Boyde
21. Hardy
22. Dan
23. Asquith
Thats the backline and backs bench that I would choose even if everyone was fully fit. Back 5 is as strong a back five as we've fielded all season. Not too worried about that front row either (compared with Ospreys front row) although Samson, Rob, Wyn and Ryan are a huge loss. 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:18am
Wyn is arguably the bigger loss out of him & Samson as I think Werner has been excellent & one of the best overseas signings we have made in recent years. He might not get the credit he deserves but I rate him very highly.

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 10:20am
Samson & Wyn are doubts not deffo at the moment. Ryan Elias is back. If Wyn can make it then I have every faith in Werner to do a good job. My only argument with the chosen backs is the absence of Steff Evans who along with Jonny is our most potent attacking weapon. 

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 11:42am
I agree with rochester. Steff has to start. A lot of great tries have started with steff making the initial break so i dont understand why fans are not including him in match day 23?

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 11:55am
I agree, Steff to start, and then I'd put Ioan on the bench.

-------------

Posted By: SospanMawr
Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Hopefully not Gardner as the RFC will need all the forwards grunt it can muster to tackle a no doubt big and heavy Pooler team on Friday in the Relegation play off. Having the RFC relegated would also be a disaster for the Region as the owner of the RFC . Worrying times for all clubs playing out of Parc Y Scarlets 😰
Priority has to be getting Scarlets in to Europe surely? In terms of bringing in money it doesn’t really compare..

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Priority has to be getting Scarlets in to Europe surely? In terms of bringing in money it doesn’t really compare..
Absolutely . I just point out the disaster of the RFC going down with its close feeder connections with the Scarlets and I just hope the lead forwards are okay for Saturday with a big fingers crossed and keeping the selection balls carefully juggled 👍 . 

-------------

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:17pm

I agree, Steff to start, and then I'd put Ioan on the bench.

Ioan is struggling  for the weekend , has a fitness test today

Posted By: ScarletBear
Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:57pm

What s the difference moneywise between Champions and Challenge comps?

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

huge. huge credit to our sponsors to have tied sponsors down to several years as trying to get sponsors whilst being out of the big competition would have been disaster. TV Revenue is huge from Champions Cup as is prize money. I read somewhere that Scarlets had more prize money for qualifying to the quarters and semis of europe than Blues had during their winning campaign of the challenge cup. so there's quite a big difference. a diffrence Welsh sides can not lose out on. Its no coincidence that since not qualifying in Europes top competition, Ospreys and Cardiff Blues have struggled financially.

Posted By: KID A
Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:23pm

huge. huge credit to our sponsors to have tied sponsors down to several years as trying to get sponsors whilst being out of the big competition would have been disaster. TV Revenue is huge from Champions Cup as is prize money. I read somewhere that Scarlets had more prize money for qualifying to the quarters and semis of europe than Blues had during their winning campaign of the challenge cup. so there's quite a big difference. a diffrence Welsh sides can not lose out on. Its no coincidence that since not qualifying in Europes top competition, Ospreys and Cardiff Blues have struggled financially.

Knock outs yes. You make your own £ if you qualify from out of the group stages.

But for competing - I was under the impression that the 4 regions get an equal share per season - no matter which tier competition they qualify for, as set out in the Rugby Services Agreement. Or whatever it's called this week.

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Knock outs yes. You make your own £ if you qualify from out of the group stages.

But for competing - I was under the impression that the 4 regions get an equal share per season - no matter which tier competition they qualify for, as set out in the Rugby Services Agreement. Or whatever it's called this week.
not sure if thats a thing since the revamped champions cup. i know it used to be but it was my understanding it was competiton money. could be wrong mind.
but granted, the money generated, big fixtures, knock out stages, potential new sponsors, its a knock on effect of the top tier competition. i believe the only competition money/tv money that is currently split 5 ways in the agreement is for the Pro14. again, could be wrong.

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:45pm
There is no difference in terms of prize money but as you say its the knock on effect in terms of ticket sales etc. Gloucester, last year, said there was a total difference in income of around £250k between being in the 2 competitions.

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 3:56pm

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

not sure if thats a thing since the revamped champions cup. i know it used to be but it was my understanding it was competiton money. could be wrong mind.
but granted, the money generated, big fixtures, knock out stages, potential new sponsors, its a knock on effect of the top tier competition. i believe the only competition money/tv money that is currently split 5 ways in the agreement is for the Pro14. again, could be wrong.

I'd love to know what income differences there are between competing in the Challenge and the Champions cup (if any) at group stages, and then the prize money differences between the two also at knock-out stages. It just doesn't add up that they'd be the same at group stage to be honest, it doesn't make sense, but then I have no idea either.

Either way, given the two competitions, the kerb appeal, attracting players/coaches alike, generating revenue at the gates, sponsorship etc to name just a few, the differences must ultimately be huge, let along the TV revenue to go with (as the group stages of the Challenge Cup are not televised)

The bottom line for me is quite simple, I know what I'd rather see our region playing in, and it isn't in the Challenge Cup. We've been hit hugely this season with one of the worst and biggest injury list that I can ever remember, yet we've still managed to at least grab one last chance at getting that last qualification spot, and that must count for something.

I'm just keeping fingers crossed that we'll all be celebrating come late Saturday night at the final whistle. ClapClapClapClapClap

-------------
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 6:54pm
Same amount whatever competition they’re in. Plus the Scarlets would have more chance of getting into the knockout stages and even winning it. Anyone who’s seen the quality of last Saturday we’ve got no chance in the champions cup with the squad we have now.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net