Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45321
Printed Date: 23 August 2019 at 3:13am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Support up at Liberty!
Posted By: 157cb
Subject: Support up at Liberty!
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 9:38pm

Great to hear that the Scarlets have sold well over 500 tickets of there allocation within a day of sales,two Supporters Buses already sold out.

So come on people lets turn the Liberty Scarlet on Saturday! Its our biggest game of the season and our Cup Final.

Replies:
Posted By: elmo761
Date Posted: 12 May 2019 at 11:06pm
Well I’ve just bought 4 on the O’s site!! I can’t be the only one to do that can I.......? Hello......? Ok I’ll get my coat.....!🥴

😘

-------------
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/Elmo761

Posted By: Devonscarlet
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:02am
Out of interest which section of the scarlets allocation have people gone for? There were 3 blocks in the north and one in the east? Hoping we sell all and more but i went for the 3 sections in the north in the hope we could bunch more of us scarlet supporters togethor.

-------------
DevonScarlet

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:27am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Great to hear that the Scarlets have sold well over 500 tickets of there allocation within a day of sales,two Supporters Buses already sold out.

So come on people lets turn the Liberty Scarlet on Saturday! Its our biggest game of the season and our Cup Final.
Mark,its great that you are doing these rallying calls but how about one to the coaches and players as it's them that have let the fans down not vice versa.

-------------
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.

Posted By: Rob o'r Bont
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:20am
Originally posted by Devonscarlet Devonscarlet wrote:

Out of interest which section of the scarlets allocation have people gone for? There were 3 blocks in the north and one in the east? Hoping we sell all and more but i went for the 3 sections in the north in the hope we could bunch more of us scarlet supporters togethor.
I've gone for the Scarlets allocation; upper tier behind the posts.  I'm hoping that's where all the singing will come from. 

It's going to be brutal and bigger than a normal derby -  so much at stake for both sides.  Now's not the time for negativity, we have all summer for that. Smile

-------------
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by Devonscarlet Devonscarlet wrote:

I've gone for the Scarlets allocation; upper tier behind the posts.  I'm hoping that's where all the singing will come from. 

It's going to be brutal and bigger than a normal derby -  so much at stake for both sides.  Now's not the time for negativity, we have all summer for that. Smiletitle="Smile" />

Purchased x 4 same section as yourself. Completely agree with you, none of us would have wanted this to be the play off that we would competing for at this end of the season but slightly ironic that we play our biggest rivals to secure our place in the top tier of Europe with everything that has taken place not so many weeks ago regarding the dreaded merger. Not for me to tell people what to spend their hard earned money on but I hope that everyone who made noise at the time of the merger suggestion shows what the scarlets existence means to them by going and supporting them at the Liberty. Whilst our current predicament isnt ideal, at least we have our identity and a chance (coaches, players and fans) to put in a solid away performance to put this season to bed and start with a clean sheet in September. C'mon Scarlets!!!

-------------
DevonScarlet

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:17am

We are in NU5 the bulk of people are in the North as I understand at moment .

I agree Nigel, I hope the coaches and players give us the attitude and performance they are capable of and the supporters deserve and have been craving for all season,if not they will be the first Scarlet clad team ever to play outside the top level in the Europeans Cup.

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 9:33am

O's are tweeting that they've sold 1000 tickets overnight already. Shocked

-------------
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:17am
Our chances in this game are pretty low in my opinion. I appreciate the drum beat of supporters for the game but you cannot hide from the facts. Players and coaches have in no way fulfilled their potential this season. For us to expect them to somehow turn that season long form around is a little desperate.

Most things are going in favour of the Ospreys for me at the moment. They have the momentum of some good match winning performances over the past weeks; they have a front 5 which will really fancy their chances against a dodgy lineout & front 5 lacking power. Admittedly having Jake, Aaron, Blade & Cubby back will be helpful but would be asking a hell of a lot for them to hit the ground running. They also have genuine leadership in the team whereas we are totally lacking. 

There is no doubt in my mind that our team this season do not deserve to qualify for the Champions Cup next season. Will I be pleased if we somehow win next weekend - of course but it will be that type of pleased which will be easily & quickly forgotten. 

For those who are ready to call me a fair weather supporter please resist as I have supported our boys through the last 50 years and have just renewed my season ticket - just call me a realist.

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:36am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Our chances in this game are pretty low in my opinion. I appreciate the drum beat of supporters for the game but you cannot hide from the facts. Players and coaches have in no way fulfilled their potential this season. For us to expect them to somehow turn that season long form around is a little desperate.

Most things are going in favour of the Ospreys for me at the moment. They have the momentum of some good match winning performances over the past weeks; they have a front 5 which will really fancy their chances against a dodgy lineout & front 5 lacking power. Admittedly having Jake, Aaron, Blade & Cubby back will be helpful but would be asking a hell of a lot for them to hit the ground running. They also have genuine leadership in the team whereas we are totally lacking. 

There is no doubt in my mind that our team this season do not deserve to qualify for the Champions Cup next season. Will I be pleased if we somehow win next weekend - of course but it will be that type of pleased which will be easily & quickly forgotten. 

For those who are ready to call me a fair weather supporter please resist as I have supported our boys through the last 50 years and have just renewed my season ticket - just call me a realist.
The Ospreys are an average side, if the Scarlets bring their A game they’ve a tidy chance. Big if I know

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:36am
GPR - will you be going on Saturday?

-------------
DevonScarlet

Posted By: M.M.
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:29am

We are in NU5 the bulk of people are in the North as I understand at moment .

I agree Nigel, I hope the coaches and players give us the attitude and performance they are capable of and the supporters deserve and have been craving for all season,if not they will be the first Scarlet clad team ever to play outside the top level in the Europeans Cup.

I got tickets for NU4 this morning from our ticket office.

Posted By: scarletsrules
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 12:40pm
NU5 is sold out with the Scarlets, I have some with NU4 , cracking effort, shows the importance of this game as if this was a normal league game we don't take normally take much support

Posted By: cerigri
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 1:19pm
We have sold NU5 out and only singles in East Upper 4 (12 to be precise ) selling nicely through North Upper 4 currently.

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 1:56pm
I don't but into this 'we don't deserve to be in the Champions Cup' next season narrative.  We came 4th in our group and have earned the right for this playoff.  If we win, then in my opinion we deserve to be in the Champipons Cup next season. 

If we lose, then yes, we don't deserve to be in it, but that's a debate for next Sunday. For now, we should all be 100% up for this.  It is effectively a knockout game for next season's Champions cup - lets treat it as such.

-------------

Posted By: scarletsrules
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:26pm

I don't but into this 'we don't deserve to be in the Champions Cup' next season narrative.  We came 4th in our group and have earned the right for this playoff.  If we win, then in my opinion we deserve to be in the Champipons Cup next season. 

If we lose, then yes, we don't deserve to be in it, but that's a debate for next Sunday. For now, we should all be 100% up for this.  It is effectively a knockout game for next season's Champions cup - lets treat it as such.

Well said, we finished 4th and earned the right to play in this game, so we do deserve this play off, just because we haven't been playing well we have managed to get into this game , its a one off game and one im sure the team will be chomping for after the way this season has gone

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:32pm

100% agree its been a poor season but we finished 4th and entitled to our play off game, another footnote if it was not for that shocking double movement try in Treviso we would have finished third, only Frank Murphy and the Italian TMO will know how that was awarded .

Great news on ticket sales for Ospreys from the Scarlets!

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:46pm
Spot on.

What we deserve is what we achieve, and vice versa.

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:46pm
Will be our redemption match. Players have the occasion to revenge some poor matches, for the shirt, region and fans... I believe in this match

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:56pm

100% agree its been a poor season but we finished 4th and entitled to our play off game, another footnote if it was not for that shocking double movement try in Treviso we would have finished third, only Frank Murphy and the Italian TMO will know how that was awarded .

if we had played our internationals at the arms park we wouldn't have been 38-0 down at 38 minutes we won 2nd half 17-3 so a poo decision in Italy is irrelevant.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

if we had played our internationals at the arms park we wouldn't have been 38-0 down at 38 minutes we won 2nd half 17-3 so a poo decision in Italy is irrelevant.

There is no way you can say we would have won that game in Cardiff even if we had picked our strongest 23,even allowing for our bonkers selection.

What is unforgiveable is those match officials got it wrong after viewing the blatant double movement try on at least four occasions, despite all the commentary team picking it up in full speed as a Scarlets penalty, players and coaches jobs and clubs survival are dependant on such decisions .

Date Posted: 13 May 2019 at 7:46pm

There is no way you can say we would have won that game in Cardiff even if we had picked our strongest 23,even allowing for our bonkers selection.

What is unforgiveable is those match officials got it wrong after viewing the blatant double movement try on at least four occasions, despite all the commentary team picking it up in full speed as a Scarlets penalty, players and coaches jobs and clubs survival are dependant on such decisions .
Mark,we would not have been 38-0 down in 38 minutes if ken had started(too much pride in the shirt)

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:40am
Well I would question our deserving of a spot in the Champions Cup next season. OK technically we qualified for a play off. But surely we should be looking at ourselves and admitting that the Blues proved beyond any doubt that they are a better team than us by hammering us not once but twice. Oh and lets not forget the most embarrassing bit of all - losing to the Dragons who had 50+ points put on them by a combined 2nds/3rds of Leinster.

Many contributors on here are welcome to get excited about Saturday's game and describe it as one of the most important in our history - I just don't see it that way. I see it as two very average teams scrambling for a place neither really deserve when all 4 Irish regions qualify automatically. The WRU powerbrokers should be hanging their heads in shame. 

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:43am
I have some sympathy with your view GPR, but we shouldn’t judge whether or not we should be in the Champions Cup next year based on how we played against the Blues in the League this year. Our Champions Cup team would put the Blues Champions cup team to the sword for sure.   In fact, I’d rather be playing the Bleus than the Ospreys this Saturday.

But come on, you just have to get excited for thsi game on Saturday.

-------------

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:14am
We can't change past results, but we can pave the future, and this game is an absolute starting point for next season. 

We have every chance to make Saturday night our best game of the season, and there is no reason why we can't do that. The boys need to dig deep, believe in themselves, and believe in their team mates. They have the ability, in abundance, they just need to back themselves and do what they are best at.

Bring it on I say!!!! ClapClapClapClap

-------------
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 10:37am

I have some sympathy with your view GPR, but we shouldn’t judge whether or not we should be in the Champions Cup next year based on how we played against the Blues in the League this year. Our Champions Cup team would put the Blues Champions cup team to the sword for sure.   In fact, I’d rather be playing the Bleus than the Ospreys this Saturday.

Rob of course I will be excited when the game arrives but I get excited every time we take the field. However I am under no illusion that :-

1. We are favorites to win on Saturday;
2. A win will in any way disguise what has been an appalling season for players, coaches & supporters. 

I really don't agree with those who believe that this group of players & coaches can somehow turn around the way we have played all season for this one off game. Yes we do have a chance to win mainly because the Ospreys are not much better than us. However they did beat the Blues last time out whereas our last performance was our most embarrassing performance since Pivac took over!!!!

Posted By: roy munster
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 3:37pm
loss of players leaving and injured, poor recruitment, loss of form and complacency from coaching team and maybe some players has led us to the abyss....the failure to play steff evans in the last few months is just bizarre and undoubtedly a massive mistake too

-------------
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:42pm

Latest news on ticket information over 800 tickets sold from the Scarlets and another block secured NU3,so come on people get out your replica gear and join the Scarlets Army on Saturday .

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 4:55pm
800 tickets - we'lle have the Ospreys fans surrounded. Smile

-------------

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 5:09pm

800 tickets - we'lle have the Ospreys fans surrounded. Smile

Ospreys sold 5,000 already. Should be a sell out.

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 6:37pm
Much as we got stuffed by Cardiff, they stuffed up elsewhere and could only finish 5th in their conference.
The season has given little to smile about and plenty to get cross over.
Yet, we finished 4th so have rightly got this last chance saloon play-off for the Champions Cup.
It’s a European Knock Out game.
We need to give it our all.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Rob of course I will be excited when the game arrives but I get excited every time we take the field. However I am under no illusion that :-

1. We are favorites to win on Saturday;
2. A win will in any way disguise what has been an appalling season for players, coaches & supporters. 

I really don't agree with those who believe that this group of players & coaches can somehow turn around the way we have played all season for this one off game. Yes we do have a chance to win mainly because the Ospreys are not much better than us. However they did beat the Blues last time out whereas our last performance was our most embarrassing performance since Pivac took over!!!!
what the **** do you base that on gareth?

-------------

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:09pm
Nige, I read it again and got, “I’m under no illusion we are favourites”, rather than thinking we are favourites.

Could be wrong, in which case I’d like some of what GPR’s drinking.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Date Posted: 14 May 2019 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Nige, I read it again and got, “I’m under no illusion we are favourites”, rather than thinking we are favourites.

and to think he went to grammar school.LOLLOLLOL

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:42am

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

and to think he went to grammar school.LOLLOLLOL

Yes Nigel sloppy grammar there!!! For clarity EO has deciphered my real intent - I do not see us as favorites. Even less when I hear the news that Aaron & Cubby will not play and Samson & Wyn are doubts!!!!

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 7:59am
All that working up high in all that pure oxygen has obviously contributed to your Blue Sky thinking Ladram in deciphering our posts 😂

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:44am

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 8:57am
Reminds me of Nigel Owens talking to the TMO a few seasons ago - 'so you're telling me there isn't any reason why I cannot not award the try?'....... 'so I can award the try?' LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 12:45pm
Just got my ticket. Managed to get out of work earlier on Saturday and will make the 3 hour drive from South Devon only to drive back at 05.30 to start work the following day. As I've said previously it's not the playoff we would have wanted to be in but it's a massive game none the less. I hope everyone on here (and their friends / family) can do everything they can to be there and cheer to boys into the Champions cup next year. Really hoping my drive home will be reflecting on a memorable scarlets performance to end this season on a positive. 

-------------
DevonScarlet

Posted By: Realwest
Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 1:15pm
im in tenerife for the game anyone know a pub here that will have premier sports

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:42pm

Hadleigh Parkes at 10 in local Derby’s.🤦🏻‍♂️

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net