Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=45862
Printed Date: 10 August 2020 at 12:11pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Season ticket quandry
Posted By: supertaf
Subject: Season ticket quandry
Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 12:44pm
Normally by this time the club would have been pushing the season tickets but clearly, there is no way that can happen as we dont even know when we will ever be able to actually attend a game going forward.
That is surely a huge concern for the club and one which would take some sorting out if suddenly we could attend when no one has purchased a ST.

Worrying times all round.

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Replies:
Posted By: Micro Duck
Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 1:19pm
Welsh Government has said that there are no plans to close any of the field hospitals at the moment. so the stadium won't be hosting any matches any time soon. Or any training sessions in the barn.

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 1:29pm
leinster and munster have frozen season tickets for next season. i think it will be the same with us. if and only if games come back we may have limited availability for existing season tickets holders for this year and a bit like 1st come 1st serve. season ticket seats will be spread out around all 4 stands insuring 6 feet apart. going to be very difficult to manage if possible at all

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Posted By: royboi72
Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 1:32pm
If it meant keeping the Scarlets survive as a region I'd be willing to buy a season ticket even if it meant not being able to go to a game all season.

Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 1:58pm
i think a lot of us would think the same

-------------

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 2:21pm

Yes I would purchase my season ticket .

Posted By: stradeyscarlet72
Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 2:24pm
The Swans are apparently refunding season ticket holders and it’s going to cost them over £1 million.   That’s enough to bankrupt them . 

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

The Swans are apparently refunding season ticket holders and it’s going to cost them over £1 million.   That’s enough to bankrupt them . 

I'm not sure why they would do that.

Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Normally by this time the club would have been pushing the season tickets but clearly, there is no way that can happen as we dont even know when we will ever be able to actually attend a game going forward.
That is surely a huge concern for the club and one which would take some sorting out if suddenly we could attend when no one has purchased a ST.

Just a few suggestion...

-Issue Season tickets packages soon.

-All season tickets would need to be digital/on mobile only ( needs a bit of thinking about, but it should be possible).

-Create multiple segregated sections in the enclosure and identify a limit of numbers in each section, ensure it is identified on the season ticket. Alternatively the enclosure option might not viable, so ST holders there could receive a discount option to use a stand.

-Only members of the same household could be seated together in the stands.
Otherwise occupancy of every 4th seat (2 empty seats) in the North and South stands.
(I recognize that ST holders would not necessarily get their previous/preferred seat)

-Certain stairwells and stand access to be for entrance, and the next for exit.
i.e. S1 is way in, S2 is way out and so on.

-Restriction on people getting up during the game ( ht only).

-Not sure about bars and The Barn at this, point but I think some form of service can be figured out..

And then the doubts about fixtures...so...

Couple of options ( maybe more).

-Receive a refund for any fixture cancelled

or

-If a fixture is cancelled, receive a 'credit' toward a future fixture.

-Seats together can only b for people that live together

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Yes I would purchase my season ticket .

So would I, but I put money away each month so when renewal is due I've got the cash. I'm not sure everyone could afford it, and some wouldn't be prepared to do so. Some ST holders wanted a reduction in prices last season as we only had 10 home league matches, whereas the previous season there were 11 games.

I'd certainly be prepared to pay for my seat.

Posted By: Scarletstarch
Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 3:59pm
I'm quite happy to buy and renew my Season Ticket if it helps keep the Scarlets afloat! Big smileThumbs Up

-------------
"YMA O HYD"

Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Just a few suggestion...

-All season tickets would need to be digital/on mobile only ( needs a bit of thinking about, but it should be possible).

-Create multiple segregated sections in the enclosure and identify a limit of numbers in each section, ensure it is identified on the season ticket. Alternatively the enclosure option might not viable, so ST holders there could receive a discount option to use a stand.

Otherwise occupancy of every 4th seat (2 empty seats) in the North and South stands.
(I recognize that ST holders would not necessarily get their previous/preferred seat)

-Not sure about bars and The Barn at this, point but I think some form of service can be figured out..

or

You've made some very good suggestions there Wil. However my only downer, and sorry for this, would we need the Senedd's permission for large gatherings ? R is still hovering just below 1 apparently.

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 4:01pm

no they have given people the option to have a refund on the last 4 home games or be able to watch the last 9 games home and away on free streaming

Most people will take the streaming I would guess

TBH I doubt we will see any games in front of a live gate until we get a vaccine so I personally don't expect to attend any rugby games for the next 12 months or so , the government will not allow it

Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

no they have given people the option to have a refund on the last 4 home games or be able to watch the last 9 games home and away on free streaming

TBH I doubt we will see any games in front of a live gate until we get a vaccine so I personally don't expect to attend any rugby games for the next 12 months or so , the government will not allow it

Fair enough, but I'd still be prepared to buy a ST for next season,and if I don't get to see any live games at the Parc, then so be it. I'm not looking for a refund on my ST for this season either. I do accept that some won't be able to afford to do that though.

Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Fair enough, but I'd still be prepared to buy a ST for next season,and if I don't get to see any live games at the Parc, then so be it. I'm not looking for a refund on my ST for this season either. I do accept that some won't be able to afford to do that though.

I think  99% of people will not expect any refund , that money is essentially spent in their head

In terms of buying  a season ticket for a season where they won't get to physically attend any matches

Some certainly will , many on this forum will especially if it helps save the club

It's a fine gesture some can afford to make, others can't

fair play to anyone who can and is willing to do so

Posted By: Rob o'r Bont
Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 5:37pm

The first few games of the season will probably take place behind closed doors. I wouldn’t like to predict when limited crowds may return and I think the general expectation is that ‘normal’ crowds won’t return until a vaccine is found and deployed.  With these points in mind, I’m wondering if it would be more sensible for the club(s) to plan for the 2020/21 season taking place without any crowds at all. 

I'm thinking that the cost of opening up the stadiums to limited crowds may be more costly than simply keeping them shut.  

-------------
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.

Date Posted: 04 June 2020 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Just a few suggestion...

or

You've made some very good suggestions there Wil. However my only downer, and sorry for this, would we need the Senedd's permission for large gatherings ? R is still hovering just below 1 apparently.

Absolutely...this is a balancing act really.

Regions needing to see some fairly immediate income, versus relaxation ( to a degree) on gatherings that at this stage is not guaranteed, but is a reasonable debate on what could be the case in 3 months time.

Posted By: ynysddurfc
Date Posted: 05 June 2020 at 12:42pm
The situation with Munster and Leinster is different - as their season ticket subscriptions are too large to adhere to social distancing measures.

Given the stadium capacity and season ticket numbers for the Scarlets - that shouldn't be an issue, and it would be easy to spread people around. I would be more than happy to renew now. 

Whilst the field hospital is in the barn, they were using some of the stadium facilities for catering etc. Obviously, whilst the field hospital is placed on standby, only the barn will be out of action - so there shouldn't be an issue with the stadium and training pitches etc.

Date Posted: 08 June 2020 at 12:47pm
There's a field hospital in the stadium as well. The south stand bar area is full of beds.

Date Posted: 08 June 2020 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

There's a field hospital in the stadium as well. The south stand bar area is full of beds.
I was told a couple of weeks ago that the whole lot is being dismantled and stored in case of the rumoured November spike.

-------------

Posted By: Dai38
Date Posted: 08 June 2020 at 3:49pm
Drakeford announced lunch time no mass gatherings like sports events and concerts in Wales until 2021, not sure what the definition of mass gatherings are in numbers.

Looks like we will have to wait until 2021 to see life rugby. 

The Principality field hospital is just being left as it is in case of a 2nd wave later this year.

To be honest it would be cheaper for the NHS just to leave P-Y-S as it is rather than dismantle it and reassemble it later, and of course rent somewhere to store it. I though the original agreement was until the autumn some time, but if Drakeford decides no sport, it doesn't matter.

-------------
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!

Date Posted: 08 June 2020 at 4:51pm

It depends on how many people constitute mass gatherings? With the Hardcore Scarlets support around 6-7 K , maybe there i s no reason at why those numbers of crowds cannot be possible ?with social distancing in place .

Date Posted: 08 June 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

It depends on how many people constitute mass gatherings? With the Hardcore Scarlets support around 6-7 K , maybe there i s no reason at why those numbers of crowds cannot be possible ?with social distancing in place .

a mass gathering is going to be a lot less than 6k I would suspect

have they actually said there would be no mass gatherings in wales until 2021?

Date Posted: 08 June 2020 at 5:22pm
I think Drakeford said it was unlikely until 2021.

I just don't get why anyone in authority in the UK does this, they can't provide a metric to the population for what might happen in 6 months time.

Posted By: greypower1
Date Posted: 08 June 2020 at 7:24pm
I'd settle for games played behind closed doors right now and screened live, I'd even tolerate cardboard cut out supporters and piped chanting and singing.  🤗🤗

-------------
Keep the faith

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 08 June 2020 at 10:28pm

I just don't get why anyone in authority in the UK does this, they can't provide a metric to the population for what might happen in 6 months time.
Twickenham are hoping for a 40k crowd this autumn. The pubs in England are going to be open in July. 
We hat 42 new cases and 3 tragic deaths here today. By the end of the week hopefully we'll catch up with Scotland and NI and have no deaths.

A lot could change between now and the Autumn. I doubt we'll see spectators before the end of October, but you never know.

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 08 June 2020 at 10:58pm
Another thing thats not been talked about as far as I can see is a Kit Launch.  Is there even a new kit being proposed this year.  Would be a collectors item for sure.

Must be very difficult for the club to propose any sort of a package for the supporters.

-------------

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 7:25am

Its mind boggling Wil. Driven by politics and political posturing for my money. I repeat if we can have thousands on the streets in London, Bristol & Edinburgh on black lives matter protests then why not a full PYS? I am not advocating that Drakeford should immediately announce this but he should at least follow the numbers and act accordingly instead of putting unsupportable limits 6 months down the road.

Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 8:10am
Rob macron have put a new polo shirt out on sale early, so i would imagine they have a jersey in mind...whatever quality it is. 

-------------

Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 8:38am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Rob macron have put a new polo shirt out on sale early, so i would imagine they have a jersey in mind...whatever quality it is. 
Cheers mate.

-------------

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 9:16am
I’m sure the folks are working extremely hard to think of ways to balance a commercial offering that appeals despite this background of a calendar built on the shifting sands of the pandemic and government policy.

Looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 10:42am
The new jersey may well be a collector's item.

They're going to win the world record for the number of sponsors on one shirt!

Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 10:44am
Pub quiz question.

Without using Google or looking in the wardrobe, can you name all the sponsors on the shirt and shorts?

Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 11:40am

Pub quiz question.

Without using Google or looking in the wardrobe, can you name all the sponsors on the shirt and shorts?

157 will be on here to smash this question at any time

only  ones  I know are  enzos homes and dyfed steel

Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 12:48pm
Tongue

Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 1:27pm

Pub quiz question.

Lots of small ones that are easy to forget and they vary between home and away slightly iirc.

-------------

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 5:12pm

£40 for a polo shirt and in keeping with Macron trends it’s awful. 

Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

This has either passed me by completely, or I looked at it and wiped it from my memory.

Is it on the club website shop link?

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 6:42pm
Called the Delaney polo 

Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Called the Delaney polo 
Thanks. I’ve just had a look.

I like the idea of the colour choices and think they would look good.

However, the material seems a bit clingy. 

Has anyone seen them live?

-------------

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

This has either passed me by completely, or I looked at it and wiped it from my memory.

Macron site. Forty quid for a polo shirt. You can get designer polos for cheaper. 

Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 7:48pm

Pub quiz question.

157 will be on here to smash this question at any time

only  ones  I know are  enzos homes and dyfed steel

Got the shirt in the wardrobe , but will not peep bois Wink

Finances keep this fantastic club afloat !!! Keep it going Scarlets!!!

Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 7:48pm

Macron site. Forty quid for a polo shirt. You can get designer polos for cheaper. 
Authentic or counterfeit?

I’ve so many polos from time gone by that I’ve lost track of the market.

-------------

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 10:19pm

. Ah ! But do they still all fit Steve with those lockdown calories ? 😉😁

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: Dic Penderyn
Date Posted: 09 June 2020 at 11:55pm

Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

Called the Delaney polo 
Thanks. I’ve just had a look.

I like the idea of the colour choices and think they would look good.

However, the material seems a bit clingy. 

Has anyone seen them live?

Would have thought the 'Delaney' polo would be pretty loose on mostWink

Date Posted: 10 June 2020 at 7:08am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Happy to report no change to the numbers that fit pre lockdown and now. Rigorous exercise makes room for the calorie intake. 😉🍽🍷

-------------

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 10 June 2020 at 7:15am

Happy to report no change to the numbers that fit pre lockdown and now. Rigorous exercise makes room for the calorie intake. 😉🍽🍷

Ah but were they all extra large to start with EO?LOL

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 10 June 2020 at 10:56am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Ah but were they all extra large to start with EO?LOL
“ Woooh your awful but I like you ! “ 😂 (that line dates me ...)

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Date Posted: 10 June 2020 at 6:24pm
In answer to GPR, they were all XXL in old money but some manufacturers dimensions for L fit 🤪

Reesy, we once met a very creepy man of the cloth at a friends who was the spitting image of Dick Emery’s vicar with the huge teeth.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net