Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46046
Printed Date: 28 January 2021 at 8:22am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Pieter Scholtz on way ?
Posted By: 157cb
Subject: Pieter Scholtz on way ?
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:31am

Rugby paper saying ex Kings tight head prop is on his way to Scarlets .

The report says he as a reputation as strong scrummager and powerful ball carrier.

Replies:
Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 10:15am
The majority of the articles online about Sholtz are about a red card that he received last season in the Pro14 and the subsequent 4week ban he recieved.
He should fit in really well thenLOLLOL

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 11:10am
Certainly a beast of a guy at 132kg!

Posted By: ChrisX
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 11:24am
short term cover?

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 11:42am
It’s a good decision to bring someone in until the end of the season. Scholtz looks a solid scrummager judging by his highlights reel. 

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Certainly a beast of a guy at 132kg!
22 stone?😱

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: Speedy
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 12:30pm
Is he Welsh qualified?

lol.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 1:18pm
Not played above Currie Cup/Pro 14, but does the job at scrum time for sure.

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 1:22pm
Genuine q is kolpac still a thing? How can this guy get a work permit with that playing cv?

Posted By: ScarletBear
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Genuine q is kolpac still a thing? How can this guy get a work permit with that playing cv?

Last I heard it was being phased out end 2020, but nothing definite has been confirmed officially.

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

He had a couple of Super Rugby appearances for the Lions too. 

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 6:52pm
Clumsy yes but how is that crossing 

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:21pm
After watching that tonight he’s probably turned round. 

Posted By: judith
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

After watching that tonight he’s probably turned round. 

LOL

Posted By: Realwest
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:08pm
Any truth in this ???

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:17pm

Arriving this week according to Rugby Paper .

Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:24pm
Ive never heard of him mind we are priced into the long shot category and cant compete with the mega bucks teams financially hopefully if a tighthead comes whoever it is he can at least anchor a scrum anything else is a bonus 

Posted By: tannerbankboy
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Pro14 isn't Pro14 level this season so he should have no problem

Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 10:24pm
I'm tracking every flight from SA, hoping he is on one of them LOL

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 4:58am
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Apologies yes he did start at least 1 game for the Lions.

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 6:03am
So we’re signing will gruff John , luan de bruin and Pieter scholtz hell of a stable of tight heads 

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

So we’re signing will gruff John , luan de bruin and Pieter scholtz hell of a stable of tight heads 
There’s no truth whatsoever in de Bruin

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Posted By: philturk
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 10:53am
Another player with a poor disciplinary record?

Do we need another penalty giving machine?

I'm getting seriously tired of our new regime #DelaneyOut 

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 12:50pm
Player signing announced, SF tears him apart. Standard. Beggars cant be choosers guys. 

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Player signing announced, SF tears him apart. Standard. Beggars cant be choosers guys. 

Indeed, reminds me of people on here asking why we were signing a Leinster reject a few years ago...

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 2:37pm
I know nothing about this prop but what I do know is I do not want Delaney ruining our team any more

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 3:06pm

Nope you are right. This guys is similar to Adriaanse in profile and experience, but a lot bigger!

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

I know nothing about this prop but what I do know is I do not want Delaney ruining our team any more

Didn’t Delaney bring in Jonny Willams and our 8 or am I mistaken ? 🤔 

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 4:25pm
Was it Delaney I really don’t know what happens and who brought in players , what I do know it that we have gone backwards and Delaney is at the helm

Delaney brings on players too late and he seems to want to stick with players playing poorly 

The way we are playing is not the scarlets way and we have become a terrible side to watch barely capable of beating a depleted zebre side at home  

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 5:18pm
Must admit I feel for the coaches. Barely any time to get together and build a new style before everyone goes. A bizarre pre-season ahead of that when we were a dropped ball away from beating Toulon away. It must be hard to get anything in place. Leinster have been lucky as they have an established coach, squad and playing style. Tough start.

-------------

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 7:32am

Must admit I feel for the coaches. Barely any time to get together and build a new style before everyone goes. A bizarre pre-season ahead of that when we were a dropped ball away from beating Toulon away. It must be hard to get anything in place. Leinster have been lucky as they have an established coach, squad and playing style. Tough start.

Look everyone is in the same boat. Ulster, Connacht, Munster & even the Blues are looking far better teams than us at the moment. We are lacking in so many areas and many basic skills such as aligning and passing.

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 8:31am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Look everyone is in the same boat. Ulster, Connacht, Munster & even the Blues are looking far better teams than us at the moment. We are lacking in so many areas and many basic skills such as aligning and passing.

Except they have an established coaching team in place. I'm not making excuses for them but I'm certainly not thinking they need to be sacked.

Posted By: thommo
Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Except they have an established coaching team in place. I'm not making excuses for them but I'm certainly not thinking they need to be sacked.
Totally agree. Need patience and time. We should have beaten Toulon and Munster and if we had, then we would have had a lot more confidence in the games that followed. 

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 8:45am

Not having an established coaching team is a bit of a red herring. Kelly & Franks have replaced Cunningham, the rest are in their 2nd years. 

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 8:47am

Not having an established coaching team is a bit of a red herring. Kelly & Franks have replaced Cunningham, the rest are in their 2nd years. 

Whilst I agree, you have to remember there has still been a change in terms of structure with Glenn moving upwards. Don't get me wrong, if things haven't improved this time next year then heads will need to roll but for now I think we keep blooding the youngsters to see what they can do. I can't see us winning a match until Boxing Day mind.

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 8:55am

Whilst I agree, you have to remember there has still been a change in terms of structure with Glenn moving upwards. Don't get me wrong, if things haven't improved this time next year then heads will need to roll but for now I think we keep blooding the youngsters to see what they can do. I can't see us winning a match until Boxing Day mind.

I cannot see there being a nuclear option of getting rid of the coaches mid season. However I do think that the Board will be sharing the real concerns felt by us supporters. I cannot see us being very competitive against Connacht, Ulster & Leinster in all honesty - any points would be welcome. If I see our young guys being given and taking their chances that will do me for now. 

Posted By: Dic Penderyn
Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:30am

I cannot see there being a nuclear option of getting rid of the coaches mid season. However I do think that the Board will be sharing the real concerns felt by us supporters. I cannot see us being very competitive against Connacht, Ulster & Leinster in all honesty - any points would be welcome. If I see our young guys being given and taking their chances that will do me for now. 

I watched the 2nd half of Ulster's game last night,and there's certainly a lot to be wary of there.Connacht's game was cancelled,of course:not sure whether that will have any bearing.Connacht have never been an easy side to beat,particularly out there.

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

I watched the 2nd half of Ulster's game last night,and there's certainly a lot to be wary of there.Connacht's game was cancelled,of course:not sure whether that will have any bearing.Connacht have never been an easy side to beat,particularly out there.

Aye & given its Connacht in November it's likely to be blowing a hoolie so I'd fully expect to see Dinky at 10.

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:50am

Exactly as I said in my post. Few teams have a totally new coaching set up.

-------------

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 10:04am

Exactly as I said in my post. Few teams have a totally new coaching set up.

Kelly excepted,our coaches are in their second season together.Whiffen's role deserves scrutiny,I think.Delaney knows him from Irish,presumably,where Whiffen joined as an analyst before taking on an academy role.He then headed up Gloucester's academy before coming here.He seems to have been effective in player development,but his current job is a departure from his previous work and would/does present different challenges.

Posted By: ScarletMagpie67
Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 5:38pm
Ooh you’ve done it now , you’re not allowed to have an alternative view to the regulars of SF 😂😂😂

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by ScarletMagpie67 ScarletMagpie67 wrote:

Ooh you’ve done it now , you’re not allowed to have an alternative view to the regulars of SF 😂😂😂

There's plenty of regulars on here,and plenty of different views....don't know anything about yours,except that you think the forum is an "embarrassment".Can't keep away,though,can you?

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:25pm
Is he available or ready to face Connacht Saturday?

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

no

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

no

Who are we talking about? 

Posted By: BlackwoodScarlet
Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 10:02pm

Apart form Ulster, Cardiff and Connacht haven't lost as many players

-------------
If it bleeds we can can kill it

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

no

Who are we talking about? 
Suspect it’s the title of the thread.

It’d be good to know when he is ready and available for selection.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 11:15pm

There's plenty of regulars on here,and plenty of different views....don't know anything about yours,except that you think the forum is an "embarrassment".Can't keep away,though,can you?

You can’t have different views on here. Years ago it was much more relaxed on here with lots of good humour. It’s become too serious now. 

Posted By: BBledd
Date Posted: 11 November 2020 at 3:28pm

You can’t have different views on here. Years ago it was much more relaxed on here with lots of good humour. It’s become too serious now. 

I disagree

Posted By: matt_george
Date Posted: 11 November 2020 at 4:08pm
Luan de Bruin signing for Leicester Tigers, announced on BBC Sport this afternoon. Interested to see how this Scholtz shows up, on paper certainly has the size at least.

Date Posted: 11 November 2020 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by matt_george matt_george wrote:

Luan de Bruin signing for Leicester Tigers, announced on BBC Sport this afternoon. Interested to see how this Scholtz shows up, on paper certainly has the size at least.
Hope he likes Greene King.

After his 7 month stint in Edinburgh, the Championship might well be where Leicester have their fixtures.

EDIT I think I got that the wrong way round. He’s at Leicester first (to help them enjoy the way to Greene King Wink ) and then on to Edinburgh after that.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Date Posted: 11 November 2020 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by BBledd BBledd wrote:

I disagree
Oh no you can’t!

Wink

Well it’s nearly Panto season.

-------------

Posted By: ScarletMagpie67
Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 6:23am
Here’s one of the biggest beauts 😂😂😂😂😂

Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 8:41am

Welcome back.

Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 8:42am

As far as I can see we only have different views, not that much alignment.

As this reply suggests.

Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 8:43am

Welcome back.

Be gentle Wil - he/she needs to feel loved. 

Posted By: Rob o'r Bont
Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 8:46am
The funny thing is, every thread on this forum contains posts with different views.  I can't think of one thread where we all had the same view. We even have different views on whether the forum has different views or not. LOL

-------------
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.

Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 9:09am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

The funny thing is, every thread on this forum contains posts with different views.  I can't think of one thread where we all had the same view. We even have different views on whether the forum has different views or not. LOL

Yep. We all agreed that Haydn's conservatory was a bit of a shocker mind.

Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 10:20am

LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 3:35pm

LOL
It was like a photo in Home & Garden with a dodgy Seagull wasn’t it or am I in another senior trivia mode? 🤔😂

-------------

Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

LOL
Ot was like a photo in Home & Garden with a dodgy Seagull wasn’t it or am I in another senior trivia mode? 🤔😂
I’m sure he really supports Brighton in the Footie and not Liverpool, despite his likely protestations to the contrary. 

The seagull is the indisputable trump card. 

-------------

Posted By: Sosban89
Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 6:43pm
I've had a long look at his highlights, done quite a bit of analysis on him. I can confirm he is large.

Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

I've had a long look at his highlights, done quite a bit of analysis on him. I can confirm he is large.
Having signed a whopper, are we angling for a McDonalds sponsorship?

-------------

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 9:10pm
When is he arriving? 

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Posted By: scarletabroad
Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 7:19am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

When is he arriving? 
He's that big he's coming in stages

Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 8:11am
Realistically we perhaps should consider he would be available for the Xmas fixtures, can't imagine he's played much, if at all, since February.

Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 8:26am
As soon as he finishes all his bacon butties by the sound of it. 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 2:59pm

As soon as he finishes all his bacon butties by the sound of it. 
Either that or it’s a self-assembly pack on the next IKEA delivery.

-------------

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 3:23pm
Hope he will be' not an other Pungea...who remember him

Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

Blast from the past!!!The Romanian-did anybody at all ever get to see him play?I recall hearing he cost the club a small fortune in fares to the airport.

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 4:18pm

Blast from the past!!!The Romanian-did anybody at all ever get to see him play?I recall hearing he cost the club a small fortune in fares to the airport.
Me and my wife met him in Parma clubhouse after a Scarlets match. My wife is romanian and go to him to say hello, he was nice. Dont remember great rugby scenes from him..

Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 4:38pm

Me and my wife met him in Parma clubhouse after a Scarlets match. My wife is romanian and go to him to say hello, he was nice. Dont remember great rugby scenes from him..
I don't think anybody remembers much of him,Mr.Ian.

Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 8:05pm

I don't think anybody remembers much of him,Mr.Ian.
dwi cofio fe . What’s ‘not very good ‘ in Welsh but he was a nice guy? 😉

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net