Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46049
Printed Date: 23 January 2021 at 11:23am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Coaches out
Posted By: Blade
Subject: Coaches out
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 6:55pm
The team don't seem to have a clue what they are supposed to be doing. 

Replies:
Posted By: shocker
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:06pm
Clearly the coaches haven't got a clue what is going on.
We really struggled today against one of the worst  teams in Europe. 
The amount of pens we give away is crazy.
Play like tggp again we will lose.
I  agree that these coaches must go.
There are no excuses

Posted By: Maple
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:18pm
They look like a team that have never been coached. Sorry for team read 15 strangers.
What the hell is going on?

-------------
Give Blood, Play Rugby

Posted By: SA14
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:20pm
Delaney sits in the stands as if he hasn’t a care in the world. I’m not a professional coach myself but don’t coaches have stats at their disposal hence the laptops and discuss the game with other coaches to change tactics etc? He just sits there alone, arms folded. 

Posted By: Rochester100
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:22pm
Childish Post to be honest .
Get behind the lads and coaches ,it will come good 

Posted By: Dic Penderyn
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Rochester100 Rochester100 wrote:

Reminds me of the poem....'deuddeg filltir o Landeilo
                                                  Fydd y fangre tan y farn"

Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:26pm
And here's another-
Heb ei fai,heb ei eni,
Ond neb yn dwpach na Delaney..

Posted By: ChrisX
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:27pm
Sadly I think the time is close, I have until now said give them time, bit of patience, but we should be getting bonus point win at home v likes of Zebre, Leinster put 60 plus on them. We have scored just 31 points in 3 games, 2 at home. Next 3 are going to be so tough, can we stop the count???

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by ChrisX<b> ChrisX wrote:

Sadly I think the time is close
, I have until now said give them time, bit of patience, but we should be getting bonus point win at home v likes of Zebre, Leinster put 60 plus on them. We have scored just 31 points in 3 games, 2 at home. Next 3 are going to be so tough, can we stop the count???
i think it's ulster and leinster up next so i fear a big defeat is on the horizon,but on the bright side we are still in europe and it's not long to xmas.

Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Delaney sits in the stands as if he hasn’t a care in the world. I’m not a professional coach myself but don’t coaches have stats at their disposal hence the laptops and discuss the game with other coaches to change tactics etc? He just sits there alone, arms folded. 
i saw him looking at the back of a fag packet twice.WinkLOL

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:36pm
need a DoR who can guide and inspire a young coaching staff...Delaney is a really good defensive coach, but now need and hand

Posted By: FIRST AND LAST
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:40pm
This team has no pattern of play they are like a rudderless ship. nobody putting their stamp on the game.
The longer this season goes the worse the performance level. We have no chance of winning any of the next 3 games. Get hold of Dai Young and Rob Howley and make the changes while they are available because we ain`t going anywhere with this coaching team. 

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:43pm
We're completely poo at the moment, and have been since the new coaching setup took the reigns! That was yet another awful performance! Angry

-------------
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!

Posted By: Sandman
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:45pm

Instead of criticising the post, explain why they’re wrong. Is it because you can see a week on week improvement? The game plan is clear and structured?  Every squad selection plays as well as the next? Leaders are abundant across the field or we’re top on all the positive stats? I however, see no reason to criticise the post. 

-------------
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)

Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Sandman Sandman wrote:

Instead of criticising the post, explain why they’re wrong. Is it because you can see a week on week improvement? The game plan is clear and structured?  Every squad selection plays as well as the next? Leaders are abundant across the field or we’re top on all the positive stats? I however, see no reason to criticise the post. 
Clap

Posted By: N14
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 7:59pm
We shouldn't be too harsh on them, we're facing a pandemic in Llanelli remember!

Posted By: Rubrum
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:28pm
There happens to be a pandemic everywhere.
Sothat's not an excuse.

So how come Zebra are doing better than the Scarlets?
Because the Scarlets at the moment are not a team.
They are 15 players with the same coloured shirst playing to a no-idea-plan led by a no-idea coaching staff.
Will someone at PYS get a grip and esxplain to the coahes the idea is to win these games?
Please.

-------------
Rubrum

Posted By: tannerbankboy
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

We shouldn't be too harsh on them, we're facing a pandemic in Llanelli remember!
Pathetic rather than pandemic on the field

Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:41pm
Childish? We look like a team who met in the car park. Did you see the body language of our coach? 

Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Blade Blade wrote:

Childish? We look like a team who met in the car park. Did you see the body language of our coach? 
His body language makes more sense than the rubbish that comes out of his mouth

Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 10:18pm
My post was sarcastic in tone, just in case anyone hadn't picked that up, after somebody on another thread stating that we shouldn't expect any better given that there's a global pandemic going on!

Was Delaney interviewed after the match does anyone know? I switched the tv off in despair as soon as the final whistle blew, but I'd be interested in hearing what spin he put on that performance if he was interviewed.

Posted By: Mrfwon
Date Posted: 08 November 2020 at 11:42pm

Quote of the year! LOLLOLLOL 

-------------
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!

Posted By: philturk
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 12:55pm
My patience is wearing thin with the current coaching team, I've supported the Scarlets and our coaches through good times and bad for the last 25 years. The dross being served up by this coaching team is an embarrassment, I have faith in our playing squad (this years squad is far stronger than last years), but the coaching team is a shambles

The board need to go all out to get Haywood & Cunningham back, Mark Jones as attack / backs coach and a strong DoR

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by philturk philturk wrote:

My patience is wearing thin with the current coaching team, I've supported the Scarlets and our coaches through good times and bad for the last 25 years. The dross being served up by this coaching team is an embarrassment, I have faith in our playing squad (this years squad is far stronger than last years), but the coaching team is a shambles

The board need to go all out to get Haywood & Cunningham back, Mark Jones as attack / backs coach and a strong DoR
I don't think its a stronger side.
We are weak for the bulk of the season in key positions. 
Our current squad is pointless if we can't see the internationals play for us. Other sides are having players back and other sides aren't missing 1st and 2nd choice players to international side.

We need a big shift in recruitment. We have no strength in centre, no real leadership coming from there... Inside that then inexperience at 9, and not the most experienced at 10. 

The year we won the league had a settled side with quality every where. 
Rob, Samsonwere with us most of the year, Wyn was also with us. Elias had a solid run of games. Barclay, Beirne and cubby was with us week in week out. Same goes for half backs. Parkes didn't miss a game, and he was always with Foxy or Scott. 

The side at the moment is very young or inexperienced in key areas. 4th and 5th choice hookers involved last 2 games. At 6th maybe 7th choice locks and lock on bench last night. Back row first choice near enough. 3rd choice half back pairing. Complete second choice in midfield. Back 3 was OK... That's the main issue at the moment. We are going up against sides who are either 2nd choice or 1st choice. May sound like an excuse but I think we are expecting a little much from a group of players who are largely into their first pro year really. The there's others who may not be up to it.
To compare this season under delaney with any other coach is unfair because of that. 
The closest I can think of to realistically compare it to is back when Nigel Davies chucked in the kids... Priestland, Foxy, Knoyle, turnbull etc... It hurt us in that year whilst they were finding their feet... But the future was being built. We need to realise it is where we are again. 
Dom Booth, Mathias, Sebastian, Morgan Rees, Jac Price, Jac Morgan, Blacker, Costellow, Rogers- Blacker and Sebastian aside those are all kids who are either debutant this season. The other 2 first time starting games to my knowledge at this level? Conbeer another... Only 11 pro games under his belt. 

It's going to be a frustrating year but what I've named above is half a match day squad. That's before you take into account Taylor Davies... Not his first year with us as a pro but his first time having a run of games in the 2 jersey. Danny Drake... Was last night a debut? Can't remember him playing at all for us before. But I stand to be corrected. 
As I said, it may be frustrating in the short term... But long term this season will work wonders with these lads gaining exposure to this level. Let's back them. Some will come off... Some may not. We haven't got the internationals for the year so we may as well get behind the kids... In my opinion a few are going well. Look forward to seeing the backs get some game time like Knott, Roberts etc... Shame Lewis is injured. 

Posted By: henry_winkler
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 1:21pm
I have reserved judgement until now, cos I'm mature like that.

People say when we won the league we lost the first few with Pivac then look what happened. Those losses were hard to take but we were playing well and there was magic on the air, you could sense it.

Need to get out of this as cheaply as possible, bring someone in over his head and give him a sideways shift, perhaps he'll quit.

Can't believe Howley being mentioned but the appalling fact is, Howley would be an improvement 😱

Dai Young mentioned, even Phil Davies or Lyn Jones would be an improvement, these guys can put structure in place. What's Sean Holley doing these days? 

Posted By: ScarletBear
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

People say when we won the league we lost the first few with Pivac then look what happened. Those losses were hard to take but we were playing well and there was magic on the air, you could sense it.

Need to get out of this as cheaply as possible, bring someone in over his head and give him a sideways shift, perhaps he'll quit.

Can't believe Howley being mentioned but the appalling fact is, Howley would be an improvement 😱

Dai Young mentioned, even Phil Davies or Lyn Jones would be an improvement, these guys can put structure in place. What's Sean Holley doing these days? 

Yes, my preference (from that list) in order would be Howley, then Young, then Davies but not Jones. He is not very good.

-------------
Scarlets before Wales

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 3:58pm
Clever thing here would be to get Delaney the defence coach gig with Wales. If we cannot get Pat Lam, then Dai Young to replace Delaney. Whiffin & Flanagan replaced as attack coach by Allan Lewis on a short term contract until Stevo is sacked by Wales after next years 6 nations. Byron our defence coach - simples!!!!!

Posted By: solva
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 4:10pm
Please not Howley. We may be down but we’re not out. 

Posted By: minded
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Byron our defence coach - simples!!!!!
Why would we even entertain the idea of bringing him back?
Here are some of the games where we conceded 29+ points during his final season with us:-
29 - Treviso (h)
33 - Connacht (a)
45 - Leicester (a)
34 - Kings (a)
31 - Edinburgh (a)
29 - Glasgow (a)
30 - Ulster (a)
34 - Cardiff (h)
46 - Racing (a)
41 - Cardiff (a)
34 - Dragons (a)

That was 11 games of 26 played that season.

-------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPLe3ApXjW4&list=PL576FE48C1F044909&index=1" rel="nofollow - Scarlets Tries of the Season 2009 - 2020

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 5:27pm

Doubt Sean Holley would be interested. He’s got the easy life of being a pundit.
No way would I want Howley! Or Lyn Jones! Not even on a short term/interim basis.

Posted By: gaffer
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 6:40pm

Doubt Sean Holley would be interested. He’s got the easy life of being a pundit.
No way would I want Howley! Or Lyn Jones! Not even on a short term/interim basis.

Dai Young the only name that should be considered from that list. Holley hasn't got a clue, he's worse than what we've got.

With Fiji in meltdown could Vern Cotter be persuaded? Could we afford him?

-------------
What's going on?

Posted By: Huwbach
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

His body language makes more sense than the rubbish that comes out of his mouth

His body language is that of a man who is scared - not that one that doesn’t care. Also - look at his eyes, he’s very tired. 

Posted By: Legendinmybathroom
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 6:57pm
I would consider Robert Jones as a backs coach- Robert was a very well respected interim backs coach before being replaced by the Pivac regime, Holley was also well respected and both got our backs playing with confidence and in the scarlets way.
Dai Young would be a very good shout as Head Coach though.

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 7:11pm
Let’s not go back. Or get random coaches from west wales. A consultant maybe. One thing I think is missing is an understanding of the club and the passion amongst the greats on match days. Brad was very affected by the likes of Phil Bennett having a chat after the game and explaining the importance of the Scarlets. It builds responsibility. Sadly, in this era of COVID everything feels cold and soulless. I am prepared to give the team until Christmas - changing things now won’t achieve a great deal. Get Barclay in for a couple of months to build the passion again. The team could do with having a bit of fun together but where can they go? Difficult times. 

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 7:17pm
I’d like to see a culture change and for that i’d like someone such as Jim Mallinder who turned Northampton Saints into a force to be reckoned with. We need to establish a long term plan, I dont want to see chop and change for the sake of a bad year. Get a big name or don’t bother. 

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 8:10pm
Was it on reflection, a mistake bringing in Richard Kelly for Ioan Cunningham who was pretty much respected by the forwards  I thought?🤔 it’s the pack who aren’t really gelling and when you watch the Leinster team last night you saw how they moved in 2 or more forwards close by, not in ones, which we seem to be a bit prone to and losing momentum as well as risking isolation. 

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: Jones2004
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Was it on reflection, a mistake bringing in Richard Kelly for Ioan Cunningham who was pretty much respected by the forwards  I thought?🤔 it’s the pack who aren’t really gelling and when you watch the Leinster team last night you saw how they moved in 2 or more forwards close by, not in ones, which we seem to be a bit prone to and losing momentum as well as risking isolation. 
I don’t think so as over the last few years we haven’t really played as a pack, more as individuals in the forwards, while this year the problems have been primarily in the backs; although as you say our pack is still a millions miles behind the likes of Leinster. Let’s hope that Kelly can continue to improve our forward play over the course of the season.

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

I would consider Robert Jones as a backs coach- Robert was a very well respected interim backs coach before being replaced by the Pivac regime, Holley was also well respected and both got our backs playing with confidence and in the scarlets way.
He hasn't coached at professional level since 2007...

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 10:27pm
Dai Young is a no for me. He struggled to get any decent results from a side which, after he left, made the final of the playoffs in the AP. 

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Sorry, I thought that he was with us more recently, doesn’t time fly for us scarlets fans.

Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by gaffer gaffer wrote:

Dai Young the only name that should be considered from that list. Holley hasn't got a clue, he's worse than what we've got.

Seriously? Holley is one of the most successful coaches out there. 

Posted By: BlackwoodScarlet
Date Posted: 09 November 2020 at 11:37pm

Was !

-------------
If it bleeds we can can kill it

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 6:40am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Dai Young is a no for me. He struggled to get any decent results from a side which, after he left, made the final of the playoffs in the AP. 
i wouldn't be surprised if dai young is being lined up as next welsh coach,there are a few texts circulating regarding the unhappiness in the wales camp with pivac.

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 7:36am
Keep Holley as far from PYS as possible.

-------------
Give Blood, Play Rugby

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:25am
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Was !

No one has been able to seriously explain why Rob Howley was sought after by Warren Gatland from Wasps days and retained by him for TEN years during a great period for Welsh rugby.The bile spouted about him is just so wrong and unjust. Even Mc Bryde had neegativity yet somehow good enough for being hand picked at a slightly successful Irish club 🤨 People talk such rubbish sometimes. Let’s keep on demeaning our own . It’s the Welsh way after all 😂 no wonder people opt to go outside Wales or go to punditry  to avoid all this . 

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:38am

Was !

No one has been able to seriously explain why Rob Howley was sought after by Warren Gatland from Wasps days and retained by him for TEN years during a great period for Welsh rugby.The bile spouted about him is just so wrong and unjust. Even Mc Bryde had neegativity yet somehow good enough for being hand picked at a slightly successful Irish club 🤨 People talk such rubbish sometimes. Let’s keep on demeaning our own . It’s the Welsh way after all 😂 no wonder people opt to go outside Wales or go to punditry  to avoid all this . 

I totally agree with you. I am not Howley's greatest fan but would love to see him put his blueprint on a team without the contraints of Gatland. Other Welsh coaches - are now doing good things for the  Scottish defence & the Crusaders in NZ yet are totally discounted by many. Time to big up our own & give them a fighting chance I say. 

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:44am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Was !

I totally agree with you. I am not Howley's greatest fan but would love to see him put his blueprint on a team without the contraints of Gatland. Other Welsh coaches - are now doing good things for the  Scottish defence & the Crusaders in NZ yet are totally discounted by many. Time to big up our own & give them a fighting chance I say. 
Mark Ring!

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 10:31am

Was !

Who did he coach to back up the fact he’s no good anymore?

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 11:08am
Is Franks still in Llanelli ?

-------------
Give Blood, Play Rugby

Date Posted: 10 November 2020 at 11:56am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

👍👍 We do get some silly fantasies on SF don’t we 😂

-------------

Posted By: ScarletMagpie67
Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 5:19pm
Great interview with Liam Williams on BBC Sport regarding Wales form and the keyboard warriors who inevitably pipe up when Wales are playing poorly .
There’s a few on here ( SF )who would do well to read his comments on the topic of keyboard warriors .

Posted By: Jones2004
Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by ScarletMagpie67 ScarletMagpie67 wrote:

Great interview with Liam Williams on BBC Sport regarding Wales form and the keyboard warriors who inevitably pipe up when Wales are playing poorly .
There’s a few on here ( SF )who would do well to read his comments on the topic of keyboard warriors .
There’s nothing wrong with fans criticising players / the team when they’ve played poorly - it’s just that a lot of it is online now rather than in pubs / houses. What is wrong however is when ‘fans’ tag players into their abusive tweets. The two things are completely different and it’s only the first that happens on this forum.

Date Posted: 12 November 2020 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

There’s nothing wrong with fans criticising players / the team when they’ve played poorly - it’s just that a lot of it is online now rather than in pubs / houses. What is wrong however is when ‘fans’ tag players into their abusive tweets. The two things are completely different and it’s only the first that happens on this forum.

Exactly. Not sure what or who you are referring to ScarletMagipe67, but we have to strike a balance between accepting reasonable levels of criticism from genuine fans who are frustrated at what are really poor performances at regional and national level, vs. out-and-out trolling, abusive comments, tagging players in posts on social media etc. These players (and the coaches, for that matter) are paid excellent salaries and should be willing to accept the former as something that comes with the territory. The latter however isn't acceptable and also isn't the behaviour of a genuine supporter.

Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 8:13am
I, for one, would welcome the opportunity to air my views direct to the person/s concerned as it would be very interesting to get their response. I think the keyboard warriors that Liam refers to are not members of this forum. 

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 8:25am

Suggestion. why not just post about Scarlets or rugby, rather then making every post about what you think about the content / posters on Scarlet Fever?

You know the game, so you must have a view.

Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 8:53am
Of course not 😂😂😂

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 11:54am
These are grown men getting well paid to do a great job. If they can’t handle criticism after a bad performance they need to toughen up. So do
The people babying them .  Of course abuse And threats are unacceptable but i don’t see those on this forum just honest open debate

Posted By: Rochester100
Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 1:56pm
Silly saying coaches out .

Calling out players ,learn by priestland going? 

People today on Facebook slating players.

It’s a joke ? 

Dane Blacker /Javian / Aob many more 

Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 6:11pm
What a beaut 😂😂😂

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 6:45pm
😂😂

Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 7:25pm
You’re telling me £££

Posted By: shocker
Date Posted: 13 November 2020 at 9:09pm
Let's  not sack our coaches yet, we  could end up  with pivac if  we do.

Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 12:07am
Obviously calling for coaches to be sacked is acceptable 

Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 12:10am
So it’s ok for contributors of SF to speak their mind and criticise the players and coaches although in most instances ( apart from yourself ) don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes yet SF don’t like the tables turned and for their performances as contributors to be criticised ?😂😂

Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 7:49am

So it’s ok for contributors of SF to speak their mind and criticise the players and coaches although in most instances ( apart from yourself ) don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes yet SF don’t like the tables turned and for their performances as contributors to be criticised ?😂😂
but it's ok for you to criticise posters on 3 different threads just because we won away in galway albeit a very good win,if you think the way we have played so far this season didn't deserve scrutiny then your more easily pleased than most people on here,perhaps the upturn in form was as simple as team selection like putting our out and out winger on the wing who has scored as many tries in 2 games as what went before and not an international centre and an improvement in discipline(i notice the ref didn't have it in for us because we won)

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 8:49am

Another stream of vitriol from you on threads.

Everyone has their views. That’s what this forum is for. However you are now just trolling everyone with the same anti SF narrative.
It’s not a great value addition tbh.

Again, as my suggestion yesterday, you clearly know the game, why not just comment on that?

Posted By: aber-fan
Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Another stream of vitriol from you on threads.

Everyone has their views. That’s what this forum is for. However you are now just trolling everyone with the same anti SF narrative.
It’s not a great value addition tbh.

Again, as my suggestion yesterday, you clearly know the game, why not just comment on that?

Quite right, Wil.

Everyone - stop feeding the troll!

-------------
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)

Posted By: henry_winkler
Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 1:55pm
That Delaney is damn good coach, I said so all along. People need to get off his back...

Posted By: Sosban89
Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 2:27pm
I think performances and style of play will continue to develop, and it was always too early to really say 'he's a good/bad coach'. One thing I will say I do think he needs to improve on is his timing of substitutions. He seems to pull off players playing well quite early, and for example, in the Munster game it probably lost it for us. Happened again yesterday by taking off the whole front row pretty early.

Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 3:09pm
Great win last night. Gutsy performance from the boys in defence. Morgan looks a great prospect. Congratulations to the team and the coaches. 

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 4:35pm
I’ll evaluate the coaches on the whole season. One win against connacht is the level we should be at, now lets get a consistent level of performance. 

Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 5:04pm
If I’m not mistaken after a tidy season we nosedive for the next few. It’s standard scarlets.LOL

Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 5:33pm

If I’m not mistaken after a tidy season we nosedive for the next few. It’s standard scarlets.LOL

It’s sport in general. Otherwise it would be boring. 

Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 6:47pm
Delaneys' track record will hardly set the world alight.

-------------
Give Blood, Play Rugby

Posted By: John
Date Posted: 15 November 2020 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

It’s sport in general. Otherwise it would be boring. 

Can you tell Leinster that?

Date Posted: 16 November 2020 at 11:23pm
I don't see any benefit in changing coaches now.  The last 2 were recruited carefully and Glenn brought in in an emergency and recruited from within as expected at short notice.  There can't be decent coaches looking for work at the moment so any new coach is having to be a long term thing, next season at the soonest.

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 7:36pm
I'm sorry but I'm struggling to see what the plan is? We are so dull to watch. Kick tennis, and backs that can't even run a straight line. It's painful viewing. 

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 7:56pm
Let’s face it both sides kicked a lot but not very well which is the difference 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:03pm

I'm sorry but I'm struggling to see what the plan is? We are so dull to watch. Kick tennis, and backs that can't even run a straight line. It's painful viewing. 

There’s always Netflix if you’re bored LOL

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:04pm
I'd like to think we would have more to our game plan. 

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:05pm
Well we are in the entertainment business, and there has not been much entertainment this year. If a die hard scarlet isn't enjoying then we don't have much hope of gaining a new audience. 

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:16pm
Flannigan inherited a back line full of international players and very good regional players from Stephen Jones, but unfortunately the same players look completely different and unrecognisable from those of a few seasons ago.
Yes players get older and lose a yard or two of pace, but they don’t go backwards at the same speed as they currently do.
Delaney has brought in the best signing of the last 3 seasons in Kalamafoni and is probably trying to find his feet as a head coach so I’d be happy to give him this season, but Flanagan was promoted from a within (which is admirable, being young and welsh etc) but has been on watch for the past 2 to 3 seasons and this has coincided with our very average to poor back play. 

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:21pm

Flannigan inherited a back line full of international players and very good regional players from Stephen Jones, but unfortunately the same players look completely different and unrecognisable from those of a few seasons ago.
Yes players get older and lose a yard or two of pace, but they don’t go backwards at the same speed as they currently do.
Delaney has brought in the best signing of the last 3 seasons in Kalamafoni and is probably trying to find his feet as a head coach so I’d be happy to give him this season, but Flanagan was promoted from a within (which is admirable, being young and welsh etc) but has been on watch for the past 2 to 3 seasons and this has coincided with our very average to poor back play. 

So what does Whiffin do?

Posted By: dyniol53
Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:33pm
It seems a silly point to make but although a lot of games are poor rugby - Delaney’s positivity is infectious. In what is a tough time off the pitch it’s worth having people like that around

-------------
Scarlet Fever on Find a Player // https://go.findplay.it/EXokEGBxr3" rel="nofollow - https://go.findplay.it/EXokEGBxr3

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:36pm
That’s a very good question, our skills are very poor.  It’s hard to know who’s more responsible for our poor backs play.  Our skills levels are really poor but our game management (in the back line) is poor, and that must be a game plan issue, which would lie with the backs coach.

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:44pm

Six wins from 7 games counting Toulon, only loss the controversial defeat to Ulster by 2 points, missing 27 players . Our back play as been not been great,depending on backs fitness for Blues I would change probably 6 players there .

Blues game needs to be used as a dress rehearsal for Toulon, with only 14 tries scored in 10 games in Pro 14,disappointing .

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:46pm
6 games from 7 with the cheating Irish the other game will do for me. Carry on Glenn people on here delusional.  

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:48pm
And Stephen jones has intls only to coach with Wales and look how that poo show is going 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Six wins from 7 games counting Toulon, only loss the controversial defeat to Ulster by 2 points, missing 27 players . Our back play as been not been great,depending on backs fitness for Blues I would change probably 6 players there .

Blues game needs to be used as a dress rehearsal for Toulon, with only 14 tries scored in 10 games in Pro 14,disappointing .

Good points made. I think we are doing ok. Rugby is a bonus let alone new coaches. 

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:50pm
I wish people would please be more considerate before posting on here and on social media.

The coaches and players read these posts and those on twitter. 

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Rugby is a bonus? Is that a serious point? 

Good points made. I think we are doing ok. Rugby is a bonus let alone new coaches. 

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

6 games from 7 with the cheating Irish the other game will do for me. Carry on Glenn people on here delusional.  

What is delusional? Please offer me an insight instead of an insult. 

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I wish people would please be more considerate before posting on here and on social media.

This is a fans forum yes? I'm offering an opinion. It would be very quiet without one. 

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

It seems a silly point to make but although a lot of games are poor rugby - Delaney’s positivity is infectious. In what is a tough time off the pitch it’s worth having people like that around

I don't think this is a silly point at all.To my mind,there are at least 4 players in the squad who have the right to feel aggrieved by selection,yet there is no evidence on the field,of any dissatisfaction.I'm inclined to believe that Delaney,whatever his failings,is managing morale well.Even though I think that much of what he says is purelyfor effect,I nevertheless find him an infectious character,one to whom I have warmed.He'd definitely be the mood-lifting character in a disaster movie,but not,I think,the leading man.People like that are valuable to an organisation.However,Whiffin,Flannegan,whoever is in charge of our back play,is not up to the job,and should be replaced 

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

I don't think this is a silly point at all.To my mind,there are at least 4 players in the squad who have the right to feel aggrieved by selection,yet there is no evidence on the field,of any dissatisfaction.I'm inclined to believe that Delaney,whatever his failings,is managing morale well.Even though I think that much of what he says is purelyfor effect,I nevertheless find him an infectious character,one to whom I have warmed.He'd definitely be the mood-lifting character in a disaster movie,but not,I think,the leading man.People like that are valuable to an organisation.However,Whiffin,Flannegan,whoever is in charge of our back play,is not up to the job,and should be replaced 
i think it's sam allardyce at the moment.Wink

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Well said G. Make one’s point without the personal / demeaning comments of players and coaches would be great new year resolution! 👍 It can’t be helpful to Crys16 as well to meet the club sometimes when some stuff gets too personal 

-------------

Posted By: Sosban89
Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:42pm
You can look at it two ways. 

- We are winning games, while looking very poor offensively and giving away too many penalties. They often say it's a good trait to win games where you don't play well.

- Yes, we are winning games, but the performances are poor, and there is no indication we are going to step up our performances any time soon.

Either way, only time will tell, everything else is pure conjecture. 

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:49pm
[QUOTE=Sosban89]You can look at it two ways. 

- We are winning games, while looking very poor offensively and giving away too many penalties. They often say it's a good trait to win games where you don't play well.

- Yes, we are winning games, but the performances are poor, and there is no indication we are going to step up our performances any time soon.

Either way, only time will tell, everything else is pure conjecture. 
[/QUOTE

All I know is we are winning, we beat bath with a big performance and there’s a pandemic. Not an ideal time to talk about sacking the coaches. 

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:56pm

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

What is delusional? Please offer me an insight instead of an insult. 
The fact he has had huge injury list a Number of positive Covid tests in squad and the fact we have won so many games usually in horrendous conditions that say he is doing a great job. 

-------------

Date Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:57pm
The coaches aren't dropping easy passes, making poor passes, being ill disciplined and showing zero flair or attacking intent.  That's down to the players.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net