Forum Description: Team News, Season Tickets, Next Match
URL: http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46169
Printed Date: 27 January 2021 at 4:36am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Tevita Ratuva joins french club Brive
Posted By: jauzy19
Subject: Tevita Ratuva joins french club Brive
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:20pm
https://cabrive-rugby.com/index.php/news/1191-tevita-ratuva-s-engage-au-ca-brive-jusqu-en-2023%20" rel="nofollow - https://cabrive-rugby.com/index.php/news/1191-tevita-ratuva-s-engage-au-ca-brive-jusqu-en-2023

Replies:
Posted By: KID A
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:21pm
Great start to 2021 fair play.

Posted By: Jones2004
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:27pm
Is it saying that he’s signed for them for 2023 or before then? My French isn’t particularly good and any clarification would be welcome!

Posted By: Wil Chips
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:30pm
This is a bit of surprise, and with Jake leaving compounds our second row challenges next season a bit.

Posted By: jauzy19
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:31pm
He will join Brive in july on a 2-year deal, so at the end of the current season ;)

Posted By: ap sior
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Is it saying that he’s signed for them for 2023 or before then? My French isn’t particularly good and any clarification would be welcome!

It translate as 'until 2023' so looks like a 2 year deal. 

Posted By: Jones2004
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

I’ve just seen it on the BBC sport website and he’s leaving at the end of this season. My English is a bit better than my French!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55654218" rel="nofollow - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55654218

Posted By: thommo
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:43pm
Very disappointing, our best line-out operator in the second row. At only 25 good few years left in him. When he is good, he is very good. Has Rowlands been confirmed by the Dragons yet.

Posted By: 157cb
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:55pm

Once again we are streets behind when it comes to announcing new signings , when others are way ahead of the black ball . To lose Tex at the age of 25 is a big blow .

Posted By: Fscarlet
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Once again we are streets behind when it comes to announcing new signings , when others are way ahead of the black ball . To lose Tex at the age of 25 is a big blow .

There may be other issues in terms of announcing signings  

Posted By: turkishrebel
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:57pm
Such as? 

-------------
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Such as? 

Length of contract with current club? I’m sure I read that somewhere when we were slow in announcing signings. 

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Such as? 

Length of contract with current club? I’m sure I read that somewhere when we were slow in announcing signings. 

Does not affect other teams who are announcing signings, left,right and centre .

Posted By: BBledd
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 6:12pm
Steff (Scarletnut) has suggested exciting things are afoot. Perhaps a high quality Tex and Ball replacement is one of them.... 

Posted By: ladram
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 6:13pm
Nothing for the spirit and morale of the fans that learning your best players are leaving.

Posted By: supertaf
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 6:13pm
Were we not told a while ago that there would be a raft of leavers announced in January caused by the financial hit of Covid?

-------------
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 6:17pm
Yup great start to 2021, loss of jake then Tex and probably Jac as well. All 3 physical (2 of them young 25 and 20).
If it's length of contract why are other teams signing for longer? Are we naive? Doubt it but must be a region.
Us fans do need some good news with all this bad news about

-------------

Posted By: Wasp
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 6:29pm
Tex is a lump, but he's served his 2 year contract. Is he so good that we shouldn't look elsewhere for a NWQ bruiser?

-------------
We're still still here!

Posted By: RR1972
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 6:32pm
He’s ok hes nothing special tbh

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 6:34pm
Not many around at that age who we could have had for years. Lack of good news coming out is deafening.
Sorry just p###ed off at the moment with these players leaving.
Think there may be a few more going too

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 6:49pm

Another problem at the Scarlets is we have so many players who are injured season on season, that puts a constant hit on our finances '

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 6:55pm
Have to agree there mark. No disrespect but number of games samson foxey patch cubby shingler to name a few have actually played for us other last couple of years have been minimal.
Certainly hits the finances

-------------

Posted By: Eastern outpost
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by jauzy19 jauzy19 wrote:

He will join Brive in july on a 2-year deal, so at the end of the current season ;)
Merci beaucoup Jauzy de la Correze.

Nous vous souhaitons bonne chance avec sa discipline. Il est costaud et sera parmi beaucoup d’autres types comme ça chez-vous. 

Bonne chance avec le maintien et le retour des spectateurs.Thumbs Up

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 7:04pm

Have to agree there mark. No disrespect but number of games samson foxey patch cubby shingler to name a few have actually played for us other last couple of years have been minimal.

Remember if a player is injured whilst on international duty their wages are paid for by Wales. Though we do seem to have had a longer than average injury list. 

Posted By: Huwbach
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 7:15pm
Gutted and down in the dumps with these announcement. He was huge when he joined. We had to tame him a bit but he is still a weapon. 

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 7:18pm
Don’t we do this every year? We lose a few players then other sides announce signings when we don’t so we end up annoyed/upset. Then we start getting some Tnewsdays & it’s all good?

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 7:23pm
Would be nice to hear about some signings, but I am prepared to put my faith in Jon Daniels to come up with some good signings for us. 

Just a thought, we now have a link with NZRU and the SH season has not started yet. Something may come from there. We still have 6 SR's on the books, with Ed Kennedy and Kalamafoni and Blade at a push. The only WQ one I can currently see being away on 6N duty is Morgan Jones. Others may develop, but we'll have to wait on that.

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 7:24pm

Don’t we do this every year? We lose a few players then other sides announce signings when we don’t so we end up annoyed/upset. Then we start getting some Tnewsdays & it’s all good?

I think that you are correct. I wouldn't be surprised if a number have been agreed and signed, but not announced yet.

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 7:24pm
Yes Fscarlet but why put fans through this? They know who they have signed already, why not at least announce some?
Sure they would have known about Tex, Jake I am sure they would have aware of the whole family situation for along time so should have had a plan going forward. 

-------------

Posted By: sospanman
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 7:29pm
This seems to have come from nowhere. Maybe another one of the "exciting behind the scenes" goings on at the Parc. Not an inspiring start to 2021 so far.

-------------
Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets

Posted By: reesytheexile
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by sospanman sospanman wrote:

This seems to have come from nowhere. Maybe another one of the "exciting behind the scenes" goings on at the Parc. Not an inspiring start to 2021 so far.

Neither Jake or Tex leaving has any impact on this season as they are not leaving until season end. Plenty of time for signings to be announced. Chill  folks and let the club address next season quietly as usual. As for Jake I wonder if he will play again this season or certainly of any note, with his knee injury 

-------------
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook

Posted By: EJPT
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 7:46pm
Tex is a physical player, but lacks the rugby smarts of the top second rows and I dont see him making that jump to an elite second row. I think discipline and availability have factored in this decision. On balance he was probably not worth the money.

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 7:57pm
He will also be in an environment where they regularly occupy the disciplinary commission’s time, unless they’ve turned over a new leaf.

Mind you, this year, we can’t lecture anyone on good discipline.

-------------
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 7:58pm

Remember if a player is injured whilst on international duty their wages are paid for by Wales. Though we do seem to have had a longer than average injury list. 
Not this year!

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 8:00pm

Yes Fscarlet but why put fans through this? They know who they have signed already, why not at least announce some?
Sure they would have known about Tex, Jake I am sure they would have aware of the whole family situation for along time so should have had a plan going forward. 

In the market for 2 replacements so the rumour mill says

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Any names on those rumours?

Posted By: ChrisX
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 8:13pm
Scarlets tweeted yesterday that there is plenty in the pipeline 🤔

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 8:17pm

Any names on those rumours?
No, I've just seen a tweet from a reasonably sensible Turk.

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 8:33pm
Seen the same tweet. 1 NWQ and 1 Welsh but the Welsh isn't a player who will excite fans. Well that's the message. Wait and see if true and who they are. 

-------------

Posted By: Rob o'r Bont
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 8:33pm

Aye, thats about it. 

The Scarlets rollercoaster in full swing.  The Scarlets rollercoaster has the wind rushing through your hair, the blood pumping through your veins and a scream escaping from the very depths of your soul! 

Other sides must have their own rollercoasters but their rides can't be anywhere near as much fun as ours. Smile

-------------
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 8:34pm

Seen the same tweet. 1 NWQ and 1 Welsh but the Welsh isn't a player who will excite fans. Well that's the message. Wait and see if true and who they are. 

Care to share a link to the tweet or if a name is mentioned in the tweet, pop names in?

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 8:38pm

James King,????

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 8:40pm

James King,????
Didn’t realise he was still playing pro rugby.

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 8:48pm

James King,????

I hope not, with all respect to James. 

A fine player in his day, but with his injuries and age his day is gone I believe. However if he is one, I'll support him as I support every Scarlet player. 

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 9:12pm
No names were mentioned at all. Honestly can't think of many Welsh 2nd rows available. Seb Davies maybe but isn't he still on contract. 

-------------

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 9:13pm

No names were mentioned at all

Ah ok, I thought someone had been mentioned when you said the Welsh one won’t excite. 

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 9:47pm

No names were mentioned at all

Ah ok, I thought someone had been mentioned when you said the Welsh one won’t excite. 

If it's either of the Ospreys cast offs, they won't excite 

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 9:48pm
Who are the 2 osprey castoffs? 

-------------

Posted By: ChrisX
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 9:52pm
Lloyd Ashley? James King? 

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 9:53pm

Lloyd Peers and King. 

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by BBledd BBledd wrote:

Lloyd Peers and King. 
It can't be either of them!!! Surely

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:10pm

Lloyd Peers and King. 

Let's hope not... 

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:17pm

Lloyd Peers and King. 

Let's hope not... 
Oh dear...
Peers is being mentioned..

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:49pm
Will be bitterly disappointed if that’s true. 

Posted By: gorau
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:55pm
I would like if the board announce something positive, a player resigning or a new player signing. Over the past few weeks the Ospreys have announced that Anscombe is nearly set to play after posting a small video, they've announced Tom Francis is heading there, and to a region 'which is going places' in his words. Down the Blues they have Dai Young going there and Dwayne Peel. 

And so far, we've announced two players leaving for sure and one, Jac Morgan, who could also be leaving. We are linked to WilGrif John and that is it. 

It'll be great for some great news to come out from the Parc. We are always behind with announcements, and we seem to take ages to announce signings. 

-------------
eds

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 10:58pm
Whats going on, if this is true. Losing two international second rows and bringing in dross. Hope this rumour is a mistake. All of our remaining second rows are better quality.

Posted By: Mugwuffin
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

Over the past few weeks the Ospreys have announced that Anscombe is nearly set to play after posting a small video, they've announced Tom Francis is heading there, and to a region 'which is going places' in his words. 
Anscombe is nowhere near returning to play. He has just started jogging in a straight line. 

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:05pm
With two 2nd rows going I'd like to see us bring in at least 1, brilliant if 2 can arrive, who'll be a clear 1st choice. I'd be happy then with a squad player for that position.

I can see Morgan Jones being 1 of the 2 as a first choice in the 2nd row. 

-------------
eds

Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:10pm
Forgot to add Priestland is off to the Blues as well. So more good news around the other regions.

Even the Scottish clubs have announced new signings today. We are always behind with announcements. 

-------------
eds

Posted By: PE SA
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:31pm
Wouldn't be surprised to see us having a look at Cheetahs players... Someone like Walt Steenkamp. 121KG and 6"8.
Also potentially looking at a new Zealanders or two. 
We seem to be in a bit of a rebuild phase. Possibly forced or planned but what is llikely to be happening is that the NWQs who may not be guaranteed first choice next season may all be leaving. 
Does that open the door for more?

Will Kruger be replaced by Schultz beyond this season?
Will a NWQ take Tex place?
Will a NWQ take Cassiems place? 
Will a NWQ take Asquith place? 
Will a Welsh player take Jakes place. 
Will a Welsh player take Jac Morgans place?

Posted By: Mundoscarlet
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:36pm
Surely Asquith will be wq this season anyway

Posted By: Dylan
Date Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

Surely Asquith will be wq this season anyway

He has a bunch of Aussie Sevens caps, so that ties him to Australia doesn't it?

Posted By: Why
Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:37am
If they getting Jac and we having the dross of Peers and King I be fuming that’s awful business and indicates serious money problems to me. 

-------------
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 4:53am
A series of departure announcements in a short period of time is just that.

The other regions will be shedding players in due course, like any pro sport really.

We have perennially kept our proverbial powder dry on recruitment and retention, nothing bad comes from that approach really, other than it does heat the blood up of the support base of course.

It follows that we are sourcing 2nd rows of similar or better caliber to Tex and Ball, and hopefully one's that are not party to Team Wales or other international call ups. Tex hasn't started more than a dozen games for us yet due to international duty, Covid, and suspension, and Ball is an irregular member of the team with just 16 games in the 2019 and 2020 calendar years. With this in mind I hope we see and recognize the value addition of a guys like Kalamafoni ( and Lousi--assuming he keeps his head on).

Huge opportunity for Price, Drake and Jones in the boiler house dept too. All 3 have impressed me this season. Much as I advocate an NWQ solution, seeing these 3 develop is an exciting prospect too.

The back row is also pretty laden with burgeoning talent. Iestyn Rees seems to be highly thought of, Dan Davis is a real talent, and of course we have yet to see Carwyn Tuipulotu on the bigger stage. Tom Phillips is another that has been best with injuries but is in the squad.

Posted By: Dic Penderyn
Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 7:37am
The problem,of course,is that there hasn't been a series of departure announcements by the club.Ball apart,we have found out from media sources that two  players have decided they don't want to play for the Scarlets.The club hasn't said anything.In the podcast featuring Muderak(link provided on another thread)the Chairman stated,when asked about the story in the Rugby Paper on Sunday,that he had not had any contact with JacMorgan.If nothing else,the club have not managed the news well on this occasion.

Posted By: Mogwen
Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 7:42am
I think this delay in announcing is a clever tactic by the scsrlets. They will announce their big signings/news a week or 2 before the season tickets for next year are released. That way all fans will get excited and will be on a high and buy a ST. By the time the ospreys and blues season tickets will go sale all the hype surrounding the lastest news with them will have settled down and nobody will be on a high.

-------------
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

I think this delay in announcing is a clever tactic by the scsrlets. They will announce their big signings/news a week or 2 before the season tickets for next year are released. That way all fans will get excited and will be on a high and buy a ST. By the time the ospreys and blues season tickets will go sale all the hype surrounding the lastest news with them will have settled down and nobody will be on a high.
normally i'd agree about season tickets but we will all be having tickets for next year because we bought this year and given the style we are playing i can't see many newbies wanting to buy a ticket,the fans are good to the region and they know how news like this goes down with fans so how about thinking of us for a change.

Posted By: GPR - Rochester
Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

The other regions will be shedding players in due course, like any pro sport really.

We have perennially kept our proverbial powder dry on recruitment and retention, nothing bad comes from that approach really, other than it does heat the blood up of the support base of course.

It follows that we are sourcing 2nd rows of similar or better caliber to Tex and Ball, and hopefully one's that are not party to Team Wales or other international call ups. Tex hasn't started more than a dozen games for us yet due to international duty, Covid, and suspension, and Ball is an irregular member of the team with just 16 games in the 2019 and 2020 calendar years. With this in mind I hope we see and recognize the value addition of a guys like Kalamafoni ( and Lousi--assuming he keeps his head on).

Huge opportunity for Price, Drake and Jones in the boiler house dept too. All 3 have impressed me this season. Much as I advocate an NWQ solution, seeing these 3 develop is an exciting prospect too.

The back row is also pretty laden with burgeoning talent. Iestyn Rees seems to be highly thought of, Dan Davis is a real talent, and of course we have yet to see Carwyn Tuipulotu on the bigger stage. Tom Phillips is another that has been best with injuries but is in the squad.

Never a good time to get this sort of news but I am going to stay calm and wait to see the replacement. You are right Wil Morgan Jones, Danny Drake & Jac Price have all impressed this season and Josh Helps can do a job. For me Tex has been disappointing. Ball will be difficult to replace but his decision cannot be questioned. Onwards.

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:20am
Rowlands to the Dragons is not a done deal by all accounts, a few Dragons fans seem resigned to him coming to us following this development.  

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:33am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Never a good time to get this sort of news but I am going to stay calm and wait to see the replacement. You are right Wil Morgan Jones, Danny Drake & Jac Price have all impressed this season and Josh Helps can do a job. For me Tex has been disappointing. Ball will be difficult to replace but his decision cannot be questioned. Onwards.
Agree but Peers and King def not answer they are nowhere near class of ball or tex 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Agree but Peers and King def not answer they are nowhere near class of ball or tex 

I agree. Lets just wait and see what happens. Normally we are looking at bringing in an improvement from the guy who left but if we can get a match for Ball we will be doing well. 

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:10am
3/4 of Jake ability and application would be good enough for me always a big miss when he doesn’t play.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:14am

3/4 of Jake ability and application would be good enough for me always a big miss when he doesn’t play.

And his physicality too please, there aren't many second rowers in Wales who hit a ruck, to clear out, as hard as he does!

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:20am
Starting to sound like a 26 year old South African monster to me. If whoever we get is as effective as Sione at his job I will be chuffed. 

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:21am
how do you know its a 26 year old South African monster GPR? Wink
if we could get a player in the same ilk as Sione we would be very lucky

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:33am
Of the players leaving. Jac and Tex are the two biggest losses and we can't afford to lose two young players. Brave have now signed two second rows from us having signed Snyman previously. 

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:35am

Just dreaming turkishrebel. My wife has told me that she is a little concerned when I start dreaming about people like Etzebeth as opposed to BeyonceConfused

Posted By: Gate12
Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:37am

This all day long, for previous years panic stations see Boyde, Baldwin, Price, Owen Williams, Jordan, Earle, Barclay (harsh but rarely played after leaving), Sanjay (replaced by 1/2p who's been great for us), Parkes (replaced by Johnny Williams), Rhodri Jones (replaced by Kruger, again great for us), Collins (replaced by Jmac), Welch (replaced by Ball) etc. etc.

Arguable even guys like North, Ben Morgan and Beirne haven't reached their expected heights (yet in Beirne's case as still early days).

Guys like Turnbull and Dan Thomas have gone on to play a lot of good rugby elsewhere, but again up for debate whether we've missed them.

We move on.

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:39am
Also looking at the volume of Fijians at Brive it's not hard to see why a move there is appealing for Tex.

Posted By: Mr Ian
Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:40am
French money attract players and a team like Brive, not a team who compete for win top14, have a budget bigger then us..also I think pacific players are more confortable ti play and live in France then uk..
It s a big loss honestly, but a kind of player we can easily replace

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

This all day long, for previous years panic stations see Boyde, Baldwin, Price, Owen Williams, Jordan, Earle, Barclay (harsh but rarely played after leaving), Sanjay (replaced by 1/2p who's been great for us), Parkes (replaced by Johnny Williams), Rhodri Jones (replaced by Kruger, again great for us), Collins (replaced by Jmac), Welch (replaced by Ball) etc. etc.

Arguable even guys like North, Ben Morgan and Beirne haven't reached their expected heights (yet in Beirne's case as still early days).

Guys like Turnbull and Dan Thomas have gone on to play a lot of good rugby elsewhere, but again up for debate whether we've missed them.

We move on.

Yes Gate 12 you are right. It is a professional sport and we cannot keep everyone happy. Of those mentioned if I had just one guy that we could reverse the decision, clearly with the huge benefit of hindsight, it would be Josh Turnbull. 

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 10:07am
Genuine q here

why are so secretive about who we are signing and releasing , we have seen players announced as leaving or coming on the forum months before we get official confirmation

We seem to be the most reluctant of any region to announce these comings and goings

Any reason why?

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 10:08am

We move on.

Yes Gate 12 you are right. It is a professional sport and we cannot keep everyone happy. Of those mentioned if I had just one guy that we could reverse the decision, clearly with the huge benefit of hindsight, it would be Josh Turnbull. 

Josh adams is one looking back we should have kept

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 10:10am

Rowlands to the Dragons is not a done deal by all accounts, a few Dragons fans seem resigned to him coming to us following this development.  
Yes it is

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 10:17am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Genuine q here

why are so secretive about who we are signing and releasing , we have seen players announced as leaving or coming on the forum months before we get official confirmation

We seem to be the most reluctant of any region to announce these comings and goings

Any reason why?

Some teams are driven by a distant hope rather than the hear and now, personally as long as things are moving behind the scenes I'd rather we focus on Champions Cup qualification (now that only the top team in the league has a chance at league silverware) and this years Champions Cup.

We are only half way through the season after all.

We move on.

Yeah agree, not been a fan of his attitude in games since he became established mind.

Posted By: dr_martinov

We move on.

You know what I didn't even know Josh was local, I first noticed him when he was at Worcester. Amazing the talent that has come through our system.

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 10:23am
I’m not bothered about timings of announcements but the quality Peers and King are just not good enough 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

The problem,of course,is that there hasn't been a series of departure announcements by the club.Ball apart,we have found out from media sources that two  players have decided they don't want to play for the Scarlets.The club hasn't said anything.In the podcast featuring Muderak(link provided on another thread)the Chairman stated,when asked about the story in the Rugby Paper on Sunday,that he had not had any contact with JacMorgan.If nothing else,the club have not managed the news well on this occasion.

The Scarlets advised Ball and Ratuva's departure simultaneously with it being released in the press and other outlets. All on the website.

No club has confirmed the Jac Morgan arrival or exit. It's in the media only.

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 10:30am
We have had reasonable success in bringing in guys to support the squad when injuries and call ups hit. They want to stay in the game, we can offer that at affordable levels. It doesn't always work out ( see Tom James, Aled Brew perhaps), but it is a low risk investment.

Guys like Prydie, Kris Phillips, Tom Williams, Tom Grabham, Marc Jones, Phil Price and others have added value over the years.

I'm not sure James King is any different as a value proposition and decent squad cover tbh..

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 10:35am
as 157 said somewhere you never see the scarlets being linked to any osprey player who is up and coming,a first team player or someone who hasn't suffered from injuries,it's like tyler morgan long term injured we sign him then we don't play him until we have to,in depressing times news like this week don't help the spirits.

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 10:36am

Just dreaming turkishrebel. My wife has told me that she is a little concerned when I start dreaming about people like Etzebeth as opposed to BeyonceConfused

Great Reply GPR LOLLOLLOLLOL  getting to that age that i cant remember who Beyonce is 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 January 2021 at 10:45pm

If they getting Jac and we having the dross of Peers and King I be fuming that’s awful business and indicates serious money problems to me. 
No money worries as yet.

-------------
We're still still here!

Date Posted: 15 January 2021 at 6:10am
Well, yes there are money worries.

Everyone is getting a fraction of their normal WRU support/funding.

We are just managing it well.

Posted By: scarletnut
Date Posted: 15 January 2021 at 8:22am

No money worries as yet.
Yep some people are getting ridiculous on here. Off the field Scarlets are in a better position than Ospreys

-------------
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1

Date Posted: 15 January 2021 at 8:39am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

No money worries as yet.
Yep some people are getting ridiculous on here. Off the field Scarlets are in a better position than Ospreys

Steff this week we had the perfect storm - a poor defeat followed by further news of a player leaving along with an announcement of a signing by our nearest and dearest. Things will settle down when we get some good news.LOL

Date Posted: 15 January 2021 at 8:54am

No money worries as yet.

TBF you are more in the know that 99% of us so it may be easier for you not to over react.

Date Posted: 15 January 2021 at 9:14am

No money worries as yet.
All very well to say that and you being a position to know but if the rumours are true that we are swapping Jac Morgan. And tex for King and Peers that certainly shopping in the middle aisle of Lidl rather than Harrods. Us mere mortals will draw our own conclusions whether they right or wrong. 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 January 2021 at 9:17am

No money worries as yet.

Steff this week we had the perfect storm - a poor defeat followed by further news of a player leaving along with an announcement of a signing by our nearest and dearest. Things will settle down when we get some good news.LOL
Sorry that rich from someone who after less than half a season wants the coaches sacked and Stef Hughes our of team at any cost. 

-------------

Date Posted: 15 January 2021 at 9:46am
Not really rich is it. Both very much center stage really.

The Blues have dismissed their coach on the same win ratio, and as soon as Foxy can play and take the captaincy Steff loses his place.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.03 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2019 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net