Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro12 Run-in 2016/17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pro12 Run-in 2016/17
    Posted: 13 February 2017 at 12:56pm
I swear I start doing this earlier every year.

Currently got us sneaking fourth ahead of Ulster, but a couple of wins more for Glasgow or Ulster could see them push ahead of us.

Imagine a scenario where we play Ospreys in the last game of the season to cement fourth place and them to finish top, and us then having to go to the Liberty the weekend after for the semi-final.

R21 R22 Total
1st Pld Pts Glasgow (h) Ulster (a)  
Leinster 20 79 4 1 84

R21 R22 Total
2nd Pld Pts Treviso (a) Connacht (h)  
Munster 20 76 5 4 85

R21 R22 Total
3rd Pld Pts Connacht (a) Ospreys (h)  
Scarlets 20 67 4 4 75

R21 R22 Total
4th Pld Pts Ulster (h) Scarlets (a)  
Ospreys 20 65 4 1 70

R21 R22 Total
5th Pld Pts Ospreys (a) Leinster (h)  
Ulster 20 64 1 4 69

Edited by minded - 24 April 2017 at 9:30am
Sponsored Links

RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 12:59pm
You've just got wed and you've got this much time on your hands?
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 1:02pm
I know Munster and Leinster have big squads, but we should really be looking to win at least one of those games, and probably both.

Without the internationals, we dominated Munster at home early season, but lost because we simply didn't take our chances... we seem to be far more accurate by now.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:57pm
Agree completely, Aber. Personally, both are very winnable.

Hadn't realised just what an easy run in, home rather than away, apart from this weekend, for their more difficult matches.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 13 February 2017 at 7:57pm
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 7:59pm
So a win against Munster or Leinster will be massive for us, absolutely massive
Supporter of the evil region against the gallant union
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 8:04pm
I agree with sentiments above. If we play as well as we did last weekend, and can bring in our internationals well, I can't see us losing between now and the end of the season (too optimistic?).
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 9:28pm
Ive done this too. And we could get fourth with only having to get a point out of the last 2 games, if other results go our way. If we have to win one of the last 2 games its going to be squeeky bum time.

A shocking stat Ive just discovered is that we have played Zebre 9 times and only had one 5 pointer  (away, this season). To think they have been the whipping boys conceding shed loads against the top sides. But we havent got a 5 pointer at home against them!

I hope the coaches and players have looked at the stat, and have tried to understand why we have failed every season to date to put these guys away.

There's a long way to go, but by damn we need 5 on Friday.

Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 10:24pm
There's a few banana skins in there. We can't afford any slips. Not an easy run-in by any means.
I've seen the truth ... and I don't understand it!
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 11:45pm
5 points needed against Zebre at home, ideally need to take them to the cleaners, hopefully...
And we were singing...
najbritcol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 11:58pm
Ospreys and Scarlets both look promising indeed.  The showdown in May will no doubt be really exciting. The two big disappointments this season have been Blues and Ulster, who both started off so well but, having lost their respective derbies in October, saw their confidence evaporate and rapidly growing injury lists.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 10:11am
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

There's a few banana skins in there. We can't afford any slips. Not an easy run-in by any means.

I see what you mean, but form and confidence are high at the moment - it's not as if the Scarlets are losing, or getting fluky wins. In previous seasons I'd have felt more nervous - at the moment, I'm quietly confident of top 4 at least. We'll see!
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 10:16am
Originally posted by RedZep RedZep wrote:

You've just got wed and you've got this much time on your hands?
Not married yet Mick, this is a nice distraction from wedding planning!
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 10:21am
Looking at this weekend from our perspective:
  • The top of the table clash it doesn't really matter if Munster or Ospreys win. 
  • Our secondary support of the weekend should go to Edinburgh in the hopes they can pull off a result in Dublin.
  • We probably want Glasgow to beat Ulster because with Ulster's game in hand they are realistically in 6th right now and a point behind us.
  • Blues and Connacht inconsequential to us or the top 6 at present.

Edited by minded - 14 February 2017 at 1:04pm
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 10:36am
if Ulster get the win this weekend then they will probably be favourites for the 4th place spot.
HollowayScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollowayScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 10:54am
Yeah, Ulster have got three games against Italians. They are a big worry! 

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2017 at 12:52pm
You going to update this round by round now Ian? I'm sad enough to want that!
Supporter of the evil region against the gallant union
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
  Share Topic