Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro14 fixtures?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2018 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

The PRO14 announced that there would be no change to the conferences for next season to,preserve the reverse fixtures against those in the other conference. So, we play both Munster and Cheetahs at home but travel to Glasgow in 18/19

I can’t see that anywhere or is it recent?
At a guess it would be between 4 and 6 weeks ago.

It might be in the press releases regarding the TV deal.

Ok. With premier sports I think they’re planning 2 games on a Friday and the rest on Saturday. Be interesting to see the times. They won’t be restricted like they were on terrestrial tv.
Sponsored Links

randelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote randelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 10:32am
I presume 2 on Friday to satisfy Ulster
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 11:03am
Taking the baton from Soli Smile
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2018 at 6:04pm
It's not like he's spent much time with me to be indoctrinated.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 12:32pm
Going to chuck this in here rather than start a new thread. Have posted the most notable bits during a Q&A (by Simon Thomas) with the (Pro 14) tournament chief executive Martin Anayi.

Q: What are your reflections looking back on the first season as an expanded PRO14?
We had a record crowd for the final, while attendances overall were up 10-11 per cent and the top eight teams in the league were up by 15 per cent. The figures for the Scarlets were even better again. For them to have an average of 10,000 people coming to games is a serious achievement when you consider they are a very small area. People don’t give them enough credit.

Q: There has been speculation about further South African sides coming on board. What can you tell us about that?
We are on record as saying we want to keep on expanding. South Africa makes a lot of sense for us from a structural point of view, so we will definitely look at them again. We have got to grow the league in a way that is sustainable and workable.

I think the best number for our competition is 16.

Q: Will S4C be showing any games live?
There will be at least one game a week on free to air. There will be more information to follow on that relatively soon. (Not actually saying they will be on S4C)

Q: Quite a few fans are frustrated that the fixtures for next season aren’t out yet. Can you
explain why that’s the case.
We also have to wait for the football fixtures because there are a number of joint venues. But we are pretty close to getting the fixtures finalised. As I say, we’ve got a broadcasters meeting this week and then they will go to clubs first. They should be out the same time as last year, which was the middle of July.

Q: Will it be the same format as last season or will you re-jig the conferences?
It will be the same two conferences, with teams playing the other sides in their section home and away and then teams from the other conference either home or away. The one change is we will reverse the cross-conference fixtures. Everybody who had 10 home games last season will have 11 this time around, to give that equity. We will look at that competition again after next season and maybe have a rejig then.

Q: Officiating is always a big talking point with the league. How do you see that developing moving forward?
There is big news coming up in terms of the professionalism of referees. There’s been a lot of work done off season. Our Elite Referee Manager Greg Garner has done an amazing amount of work.

We are basically creating a panel of elite referees. We are effectively paying for the refs, which is what happening in England and France. It just gives us that high performance.

We are going to see a positive change and we are really happy about that.

Full Q&A here http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/pro14-chief-reveals-fixtures-out-14860838

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Q: Quite a few fans are frustrated that the fixtures for next season aren’t out yet. Can you 
We also have to wait for the football fixtures because there are a number of joint venues. But we are pretty close to getting the fixtures finalised. As I say, we’ve got a broadcasters meeting this week and then they will go to clubs first. They should be out the same time as last year, which was the middle of July.
I did smirk reading the bit in red because it's completely false, I created the fixtures thread last year on August 8th which would have been the day that the league fixtures were released.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I did smirk reading the bit in red because it's completely false, I created the fixtures thread last year on August 8th which would have been the day that the league fixtures were released.

I thought the same, but I was too busy copying & pasting to check it LOLLOL
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 1:58pm
So there is no change to conferences - which was not what was promsied last year.

Also, going to Pro16 will mean fewer league fixtures. Great. So we get less Scarlets games to watch on our season tickets.

Quote We do believe we need wherever possible to move away from international weekends and play slightly less rugby overall.

As long as test rugby isn't affected right?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

So there is no change to conferences - which was not what was promsied last year.

Also, going to Pro16 will mean fewer league fixtures. Great. So we get less Scarlets games to watch on our season tickets.

Quote We do believe we need wherever possible to move away from international weekends and play slightly less rugby overall.

As long as test rugby isn't affected right?
It's a union run competition.
We have made progress in getting our Irish masters to concede that as well as providing warm up games for Sexton, the league actually needs to generate revenue for its participants
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 3:34pm
Maybe, just maybe, a day will come when everything will be perfect. Has the ball got the same dimensions this season? That’s what I want to know.
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 5:11pm
So, by my calculation we play:

Home and Away
Leinster
Ulster
Edinburgh
Beneton Treviso
Cardiff Blues
Ospreys
Dragons
Southern Kings

and then away to:
Glasgow
Connacht

and home to:
Munster
Cheetahs
Zebre

Is that right?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by cymraes cymraes wrote:

So, by my calculation we play:

Home and Away
Leinster
Ulster
Edinburgh
Beneton Treviso
Cardiff Blues
Ospreys
Dragons
Southern Kings

and then away to:
Glasgow
Connacht

and home to:
Munster
Cheetahs
Zebre

Is that right?
Think that’s it.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 8:04pm
I'll be off to Treviso again then !!!

solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 3:48pm
Just the one trip to South Africa for the Kings then?   Expensive one off.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 4:24pm
Kings in Port Elizabeth is the better place to go to though.

I did Cape Town to Port Elizabeth this year - the garden route in between is brilliant - and then skipped the Bloemfontein game, watched it on a hotel roof in Jo'burg!
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2018 at 8:37pm
Was in the supermarket yesterday wearing my Scarlets top. I was stopped by this lad who said I was not expecting to see a Scarlets jersey here. He was a Dubliner.

We chatted about the Pro14.  Like me he was more region/province than country when it came to rugby.

Anyway he was saying despite his grave reservations about the South Africans joining the League, he has been very pleasantly surprised by how well it has gone and welcomes a couple more. I am of exactly the same opinion.

Thoughts from the forum?
Scarlets before Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic