Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Project Reset Q&A evening with Nigel Short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 5:32pm
the wru have just sold out the 6 nations tickets which were the most expensive in their history so all this bullpoo about no money is rubbish they get 1 more game every autumn than most of the other teams and had the f.a. using our facility whilst Wembley was being done,they have diluted the game so much in wales that it's no wonder nobody bothers to watch it any more.
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 6:21pm
I am new to this debate but I heard that pretty much zero rugby clubs in the English premiership make money so rugby union generally is all a bit of a shambles... in that context £1m losses don't actually sound too bad for the regions. 

It's a worry how dependent the Welsh game is on the internationals at Principality, if Wayne has a year of poor form for Wales like he has with us this year -- attendances wont exactly increase!

Very fragile system.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 9:28pm
Just back from the meeting. Looks like the four regions will stay the same for the forseable future.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

I am new to this debate but I heard that pretty much zero rugby clubs in the English premiership make money so rugby union generally is all a bit of a shambles... in that context £1m losses don't actually sound too bad for the regions. 

It's a worry how dependent the Welsh game is on the internationals at Principality, if Wayne has a year of poor form for Wales like he has with us this year -- attendances wont exactly increase!

Very fragile system.

I think I’m right in saying that only Exeter turned a profit recently out of all the premiership clubs.
FIRST AND LAST View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIRST AND LAST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 9:31pm
Good news Martin. Any other points you`d like to share
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Just back from the meeting. Looks like the four regions will stay the same for the forseable future.

Good news, every year regulary get out the news about the cut of the regions...
Would like to know other infortmations about tonight meeting
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 9:40pm
A lot of project reset hasn't been finalised but the main things I can remember from tonight is that next season's budget hasn't been finalised. The new coach will arrive in July. Steff Evans will be a Scarlet player next season. Premier sport's are very happy with subscriptions. It's exceeded there expectation.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2019 at 11:36pm
And the Dragons are screwed, basically
We're still still here!
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 3:22am
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

As my Father and my Grandfather have done, as long as their is a rugby team called the Scarlets, playing in Llanelli I will support them. I could not support another side based in another town.

Nor me. Not out of spite, but from lack of attachment.
Scarlets before Wales
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 8:47am
bit concerned about why the budget isn't already sorted and how its effecting our recruitment and re-signing of our players.
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 8:56am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

As my Father and my Grandfather have done, as long as their is a rugby team called the Scarlets, playing in Llanelli I will support them. I could not support another side based in another town.

Nor me. Not out of spite, but from lack of attachment.
I can understand that sentiment, but should this ever happen God forbid, I would want to build that feeling of attachment into the next generation i.e let my kids and grandchildren have the same sense of belonging that I felt.  I would feel compelled to move on, hard as it would be.
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
T_RICHARDS_94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_RICHARDS_94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 9:40am
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

A lot of project reset hasn't been finalised but the main things I can remember from tonight is that next season's budget hasn't been finalised. The new coach will arrive in July. Steff Evans will be a Scarlet player next season. Premier sport's are very happy with subscriptions. It's exceeded there expectation.

This is excellent news!

I did read that we are seeking opportunities for naming rights of PYS too?
Writer for The Rugby Club
CRYS16 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 10:00am
The CRYS16 Board would like, on behalf of its members, to thanks Nigel and Jon for their honesty and openness last night. We are fortunate to have them in the Scarlets family. Understandably there were some things that they could not divulge, but that was mainly for reasons of commercial sensitivity, bearing in mind that the negotiations with regard to Project Reset are not yet complete.

Thanks also to the staff at PyS who ensured that the evening ran smoothly, in particular we'd like to thank Alys, Debbie, Natalie and the bar staff.

We look forward to seeing you all again on March 12th.

Hwyl am nawr.

Edited by CRYS16 - 16 January 2019 at 10:01am
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 10:30am
Originally posted by CRYS16 CRYS16 wrote:

The CRYS16 Board would like, on behalf of its members, to thanks Nigel and Jon for their honesty and openness last night. We are fortunate to have them in the Scarlets family. Understandably there were some things that they could not divulge, but that was mainly for reasons of commercial sensitivity, bearing in mind that the negotiations with regard to Project Reset are not yet complete.

Thanks also to the staff at PyS who ensured that the evening ran smoothly, in particular we'd like to thank Alys, Debbie, Natalie and the bar staff.

Hwyl am nawr.
Diolch, CRYS16.Clap

Are there any minutes/transcripts/notes/videos that can be shared, with members or on the forum?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 10:41am
Great event...well organized, good attendance, great from the boys on the Board to come out and chat on a sensitive issue...

The meet was the envy of all regions...

CRYS16 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2019 at 10:54am
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Originally posted by CRYS16 CRYS16 wrote:

Hwyl am nawr.
Diolch, CRYS16.Clap

Are there any minutes/transcripts/notes/videos that can be shared, with members or on the forum?

One of the Board members made notes last night, and we will submit these to Jon and Nigel for their approval. We will then send out a summary to members in due course.
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic