Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Project Reset Q&A evening with Nigel Short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Project Reset Q&A evening with Nigel Short
    Posted: 09 January 2019 at 10:37am
Crys 16 - Ymddiriedolaeth Cefnogwyr y Scarlets
Crys 16 - Scarlets Supporters Trust

Project Reset

NEGES DDWYIEITHOG / BILINGUAL MESSAGE

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda! Happy New Year!

Mae "Project Reset" yn un o'r digwyddiadau mwyaf arwyddocaol yn hanes diweddar rygbi Cymru. Ymunwch â ni am:
Project Reset is one of the most significant events in recent Welsh rugby history. Join us in January for:

Project Reset: What it means for the Scarlets and Welsh rugby.
An audience with Scarlets Chairman Nigel Short 

Ionawr 15fed 2019 / 15th January 2019
7:00PM, Quinnell Lounge, Parc Y Scarlets

Diolch o galon am eich cefnogaeth barhaol.
Thank you for your continued support.

CRYS16 Society Board.

Crys 16

Facebook
Facebook
Twitter
Twitter
Gwe/Web
Gwe/Web
Hawlfraint / Copyright © 2018 Crys 16, Cedwir bob hawl / All rights reserved.

crys16.cymru
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru
Sponsored Links

trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 10:48am
Fantastic work by Crys16 again, we’ll done and thank you.
Not sure whether any of the other regions supporters have such access to those running both the rugby and business sides of the organisation, but for me it shows both the region and Crys16 in a very positive light.
CRYS16 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2019 at 11:18am
We hope to make an announcement soon about 2 further exciting events for Scarlets supporters.

Keep an eye out for these. We are working on them at the moment !!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
CRYS16 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 9:29am
Just a quick reminder to our members of tomorrow night's event. Jon Daniels has confirmed that he will also be there to answer your questions. We at the Scarlets are fortunate to have significant access to the Club's senior officials, players and coaches, so come along and find out the latest on the new Professional Rugby Agreement.

Additionally, we are now in a position to announce another evening for our members where possibly some very contentious issues in our game will be discussed, and again members will have an opportunity to ask searching questions of those that matter/are in the know !!!!

If you are not currently a member, perhaps your membership has expired, or on the other hand you may never have been a member, you are welcome to come along and you can join on the night. 

Should you wish to join or renew tomorrow evening, could we ask you to be there by 6.30 so that we can attend to the formalities before we start at 7 pm.

Edited by CRYS16 - 14 January 2019 at 9:39am

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 10:51am
going to be very interesting in what nigel and jon say in the meeting. lot of social media on about not enough money going to regions, lots of rubbish rumours flying around. rugby paper giving list of players who may be on the move away from regions.
will be nice to hear from people who are in the meeting what is exactly happening. we are so fortunate to have such a progressive management at the scarlets.
trying to get to the meeting but work may get in the way.

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 11:23am
Project Reset was welcomed with a huge fanfare and promises of more money for the regions. It has fallen a little flat on its face in my opinion because it has failed to gain widespread agreement, failed to deliver serious increases in playing budget & delayed the procurement of talent so needed by each region. 

All this while across the border the Premiership sides are about to experience a windfall of in excess of £20 million per team along with promises of huge increases in TV revenues. Players need certainty and who could blame a player like Sam Davies for deciding to further his career in England when a firm offer from Bristol, Harlequins or Exeter arrives. Nearer to home how does this affect a player like Jonny McNichol. He will be being pressurised by suitors from abroad to make his mind up or else they will take their pot of gold and offer it to someone else. 

Very difficult times. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Project Reset was welcomed with a huge fanfare and promises of more money for the regions. It has fallen a little flat on its face in my opinion because it has failed to gain widespread agreement, failed to deliver serious increases in playing budget & delayed the procurement of talent so needed by each region. 

All this while across the border the Premiership sides are about to experience a windfall of in excess of £20 million per team along with promises of huge increases in TV revenues. Players need certainty and who could blame a player like Sam Davies for deciding to further his career in England when a firm offer from Bristol, Harlequins or Exeter arrives. Nearer to home how does this affect a player like Jonny McNichol. He will be being pressurised by suitors from abroad to make his mind up or else they will take their pot of gold and offer it to someone else. 

Very difficult times. 

Some pretty negative stuff there GPR. Asquith is reported to have said that he's happy to sign a new 2 year deal. I can only assume that he's been offered one ? Perhaps your line on recruitment is not quite accurate ?

You also raise some questions that Nigel and Jon may be able to answer. Personally I'd prefer to see what is said tomorrow evening, particularly how it affects the Scarlets before giving an opinion. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 12:57pm
I make no apology for sounding negative/realistic because I am yet to be convinced that we have something positive to celebrate as Project Reset was originally intended. It seems, to all intents & purpose, that playing budgets are being massaged with very little new money on the table. I hope I am proved wrong. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Very difficult times. 

Some pretty negative stuff there GPR. Asquith is reported to have said that he's happy to sign a new 2 year deal. I can only assume that he's been offered one ? Perhaps your line on recruitment is not quite accurate ?

You also raise some questions that Nigel and Jon may be able to answer. Personally I'd prefer to see what is said tomorrow evening, particularly how it affects the Scarlets before giving an opinion. 
asquith and prydie reported to have agreed to stay. probably cant be confirmed until project reset is done. Rob Evs another as the old saying of: most retention is complete of the players we wanted to keep.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 7:45pm
These are great nights but unfortunately I haven’t really been able to attend since I had kids and work is busier. Hope everyone has a great night.
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 7:58pm
I can't make it maybe someone can ask about this

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/radical-plan-ospreys-scarlets-dragons-15676696.amp

I don't believe a word so if it is nonsense then maybe the wru and 4 regions should boycott the Fail for any interviews/articles.

All of their negative press can't be helping the situation

Edited by henry_winkler - 14 January 2019 at 8:03pm
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/radical-plan-ospreys-scarlets-dragons-15676696.amp

I don't believe a word so if it is nonsense then maybe the wru and 4 regions should boycott the Fail for any interviews/articles.

There isn't a cat in hell's chance that the directors of Cardiff or Scarlets would accept merging with their rivals. The Dragons won't get a say in the matter and I'm not entirely sure that the Ospreys directors have any long term plans, so perhaps it would be a dignified exit for them.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 10:25pm

Very difficult times. 
The problems as far as I can tell are:
The Ospreys' directors have had enough of writing cheques
WRU forced Peter Thomas out with promises of extra cash for pro rugby and now there's some uncertainty he's decided not to pay the bills for the rest of the season.

The agreement seemed to be sewn up back in the Summer of 2018, but clearly there's been a lot happening since them.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

There isn't a cat in hell's chance that the directors of Cardiff or Scarlets would accept merging with their rivals. The Dragons won't get a say in the matter and I'm not entirely sure that the Ospreys directors have any long term plans, so perhaps it would be a dignified exit for them.

Getting AWJ and Beard would solve our second row problem !!!! I'd have Scott too and Tipuric. Not sure about anyone else !!!!!

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Getting AWJ and Beard would solve our second row problem !!!! I'd have Scott too and Tipuric. Not sure about anyone else !!!!!

Well let me rephrase that. If the merged team were to play in Scarlet and be based in Llanelli, we might get some movement. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2019 at 10:30pm

Very difficult times. 
The problems as far as I can tell are:
The Ospreys' directors have had enough of writing cheques
WRU forced Peter Thomas out with promises of extra cash for pro rugby and now there's some uncertainty he's decided not to pay the bills for the rest of the season.

The agreement seemed to be sewn up back in the Summer of 2018, but clearly there's been a lot happening since them.

I read somewhere some time ago that Blyth is standing down and they were courting the owner of Princes Gate to take over. I think that plan has fallen by the wayside because it has gone very quiet. If he'd stepped in, there would have been fanfares celebrating his arrival.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic