Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Q&A with Simon Muderack

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 6:24pm
I’m impressed with the fact that he’s a genuine fan who has clear business acumen.  He’s got the drive and foresight to better the scarlets and scarlet brand.  Thank goodness we’ve got this board - it could be factors like these that’ll get the British of Anglo welsh league . 
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2020 at 9:22pm
British and Ireland league would be great but that would rely on the IRU relinquishing their stranglehold on the Pro14 and becoming an equal part of a new setup.  That maybe something that they would not be willing to do so.
An Anglo Welsh/English league would be my preferred choice.  Every away fixture in the Pro14 (with the exception of the welsh derbies) is a logistical headache with flights or ferries to consider.  All the Guinness Premiership sides (with Newcastle Falcons being the exception) are doable in a day and would see far more supporters making the journey.
I’ve personally not visited any of the other Pro14 grounds other than the welsh ones because of the above mentioned Logistical issues and the costs associated with them, whereas I used to visit all of the English grounds in the amateur rugby days and would do so again.
These options will take a lot of planning, would there be conferences, promotion and relegation etc.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2020 at 7:56pm
Another interesting Muderack interview by Alex Bywater on how the Scarlets are looking to emulate the Manchester United model.

I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2020 at 8:13pm
[QUOTE=scarletnut]Another interesting Muderack interview by Alex Bywater on how the Scarlets are looking to emulate the Manchester United model.

I remember Carwyn James going up there many years ago on a fact finding mission.  The pro sport business model was of great interest to him - he was so far ahead of his time.  
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2020 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Another interesting Muderack interview by Alex Bywater on how the Scarlets are looking to emulate the Manchester United model.

A good read. 

The funniest bit is completely unintentional. The caption wordIng describes Wyn Jones place kicking successfully. The picture is Leigh Halfpenny. 

Separated at birth, clearly Wink
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic