Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Racism claim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Racism claim
    Posted: 02 April 2018 at 10:46am
The Times reporting this morning that the Scarlets are launching an investigation after allegations of fans making monkey noises at La Rochelle players during the game on Friday.
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 10:51am
On the BBC news website today, and was on WOL yesterday.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

The Times reporting this morning that the Scarlets are launching an investigation after allegations of fans making monkey noises at La Rochelle players during the game on Friday.

Are these so-called fans that high up the evolutionary tree that they can mimic the communications of animals that are more intelligent than they are?
totallybiasedscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totallybiasedscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 11:07am
It amounts to one tweet and two replies. All of a sudden it’s making the headlines.

Scarlets said they’d investigate. I’m sure if they find the muppets responsible they’ll get a suitable ban.

Anything more need to be said?
"If it's on, we back our skills and our confidence ... We've got some great players, play a good brand and we enjoy doing it." Ken Owens
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 11:09am
Did it come about due to someone picking up the statement from this site. If so it justs highlights how anything posted on here has huge potential. Racism has to be stamped out and an official complaint should be made to the club. Highlighting on scarlet fever has unfortunately tarnished all that was good from Friday. Am disappointed to hear of these unfortunate events and the following press involvement.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 11:35am
Shows how easy it is to build a story on very little facts or evidence of a real issue as opposed to a small handful of pee'd up plonkers! It's how Trump builds his Fake news !

Edited by reesytheexile - 02 April 2018 at 11:51am
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 11:47am
There is always going to be an unwanted element in a sellout game who dont know how to behave.

For future game i think signage is needed around the ground on the conscequences and fines involved for such unnacceptable behaviour, also for invading the pitch.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 11:48am
Might i add, that i do not know of anyone at the ground who came forward to complain about this, are there any actuall quotes in the articles?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 11:51am
ffs, what a crock of poo! "claims of racist chants were made from "fans online"" 

Do go and suck a [beep]ing dick BBC.

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 11:52am
I am so glad i stopped buying their illegal license 10 years ago.
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

ffs, what a crock of poo! "claims of racist chants were made from "fans online"" 

It was posted on here speedy which I think was the wrong approach. The club should have been contacted directly and people have a responsibility to be savvy on what they post. This is not a criticism of the the post just that it should have been handled far more professionally.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 11:55am
They could not wait to run a negative story out of thin air on us. Really poor using the racist stick to beat us too.

Disgusting. If anyone should be investigated its the Jimmy Saville club. The good old Beeb. I stopped watching after they wouldnt give Alan Partridge a second series.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

FWIW, tracking it back the first time I saw any mention of this was from ScarletBear in the Clayton Blommetjies thread, on p5 I think.

Now, SB is based in the USA, so I assume his comment was second hand. I don't know if it's worth your sending him a PM to see what the original source was? It may turn out to be a load of crap after all. 

(On the other hand, there were more reliable apparent first hand accounts of poor behaviour by some 'supporters', involving things like swearing near youngsters.)
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 11:59am

Edited by Speedy - 04 April 2018 at 9:38am
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 12:00pm

Edited by Speedy - 04 April 2018 at 9:39am
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2018 at 12:03pm

Edited by Speedy - 04 April 2018 at 9:39am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic