Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Racism claim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

The club were always unlikely to renounce publicly the results because it just puts them back in the news with negative connotations (again).
I do know some of the pitch invaders have had bans.

So they should too, that's great news if true! 

Dealing with it quietly is always the best method (lesser of two evils) as any announcement to the Welsh press gives any story a fresh pair of press legs to churn and churn for that sake only as we all know it would be a small handful of fuelled up nutters not true fans.... I have bizarrely grown to love that legendary anthem  from that blinking annoying  film  Frozen as I get older ...All together lets sing " Let it go...let it go....!  It came in handy for the Leinster game as well Embarrassed

Edited by reesytheexile - 08 June 2018 at 11:17am
Sponsored Links

NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

The club were always unlikely to renounce publicly the results because it just puts them back in the news with negative connotations (again).

Dealing with it quietly is always the best method (lesser of two evils) as any announcement to the Welsh press gives any story a fresh pair of press legs to churn and churn for that sake only as we all know it would be a small handful of fuelled up nutters not true fans.... I have bizarrely grown to love that legendary anthem  from that blinking annoying  film  Frozen as I get older ...All together lets sing " Let it go...let it go....!  It came in handy for the Leinster game as well Embarrassed

I wonder if the Welsh media ( who watch this site) will comment on this?
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

They probably will now that it has been raised again !!!!! As I said earlier, let sleeping dogs lie.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

How do they exactly enforce a ban? Whats to stop that persons friend buying 2 x tickets under his own name, address etc and just walking in again?
My thoughts exactly. They’re kids in the ticket booths. They’re not going to memorise a list of people not allowed in and stop them from entering.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2018 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

They probably will now that it has been raised again !!!!! As I said earlier, let sleeping dogs lie.
I raised it again and apologies for doing so if it's a sleeping dog. I was asked by a friend in France what had become of it and so I thought I would try to find out.  

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2018 at 8:11pm

How do they exactly enforce a ban? Whats to stop that persons friend buying 2 x tickets under his own name, address etc and just walking in again?

I think the disincentive is that if said banned person gets caught on the premesis they are then liable for trespassing which is an offence with potential jail time
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

I think the disincentive is that if said banned person gets caught on the premesis they are then liable for trespassing which is an offence with potential jail time

Trespass is a Civil Law, so a Custodial Term is highly unlikely, even HM Constabularies have no power to evict unless a criminal offence has occurred.
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic