Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Record breaking attendances at Parc y Scarlets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 10:00am
yeah dai moffet had the magic 8000 target about 15 years ago at the inception of regional rugby
the other regions are falling short of it atm though cardiff my beat it when you include half the judgement day attendance into their averages....does anyone have the averages for the other 3 regions? or crowds per match info?

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 10:03am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

This is great news.  I remember as we moved to the Parc that we had a business plan that said we needed an average gate of 8k a season to be sustainable.  A lot of water under the bridge since then (sponsorship, tv deals, player wages increase etc), but does anyone know if we now have a  published  target attendance figure?

Times have moved on and I think that they now look at total revenue and how to maximize the numerous income streams that are available to us.
Yep. Ticket money is important, but  STs and match-day income makes around 10% of our revenue.

Attendances are as much a barometer of success as anything. They help in other ways though, atmosphere, more compelling TV product etc.

Edited by Wasp - 11 April 2018 at 10:08am
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 12:57pm
10,000 is a magnificent figure to get. It’s only going to go up too, with late runs in competitions this year and some silverware hopefully.
If we can get up to around 12,000 a game, really get a solid constant atmosphere, and continue to bring money into the local area, I would say we’d be the most successful British club in terms of reach/influence per capita.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

yeah dai moffet had the magic 8000 target about 15 years ago at the inception of regional rugby
the other regions are falling short of it atm though cardiff my beat it when you include half the judgement day attendance into their averages....does anyone have the averages for the other 3 regions? or crowds per match info?

Is that the way it works? JD is in theory a home game for the Drags, so do we get to count half the attendance, or none of it, or something in between?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Is that the way it works? JD is in theory a home game for the Drags, so do we get to count half the attendance, or none of it, or something in between?
It's split between the "home" teams. We get no credit for the attendance
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

It's split between the "home" teams. We get no credit for the attendance

OK, thanks. I probably misread the previous post.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 1:30pm
 Brilliant news !!! with very little live regional rugby on Terrestial Tv next season,a successful team those figures will increase again ...
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 1:43pm
success breeds success and crowds grow atmosphere which encourages more to attend
As long as the factory belt of talent continues and we develop coaches too, then theres no reason why we cant shoot for the moon and catch a few stars , but all within our budget of course 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2018 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Brilliant news !!! with very little live regional rugby on Terrestial Tv next season,a successful team those figures will increase again ...

Be interesting to see how much crowds will increase due to games going on premier sports. I can’t see many, if any, pubs subscribe to it just for a handful of games.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 8:27am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Be interesting to see how much crowds will increase due to games going on premier sports. I can’t see many, if any, pubs subscribe to it just for a handful of games.

Is that a UK company? I thought some Irish group had the rights - have they been sold on?

I had - maybe still have - some hopes that games will be bought up and shown on, maybe, S4C or BBC2 Wales, for example. Any chance of that happening?
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 8:47am

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Is that a UK company? I thought some Irish group had the rights - have they been sold on?

I had - maybe still have - some hopes that games will be bought up and shown on, maybe, S4C or BBC2 Wales, for example. Any chance of that happening?

The BBC and S4C originally made a joint bid for rights.

When Premier won the rights ahead of them, S4C then launched a separate bid for Welsh language rights.

The result of this hasn't been published yet.

eir Sport will be showing games in Ireland.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 9:03am

I do worry about the lack of exposure on Premier Sports. On the ScrumV podcast, Nicky Robbo was commenting how his young kids (like mine used to) want to try sports they see on TV. 

I do wonder how much of a buzz there will be in Welsh media over our exploits next season 
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I do worry about the lack of exposure on Premier Sports. On the ScrumV podcast, Nicky Robbo was commenting how his young kids (like mine used to) want to try sports they see on TV. 

I do wonder how much of a buzz there will be in Welsh media over our exploits next season 

They do but for me if was watching highlights on Scrum V and Rugby Special - I think a whole match could be too much for youngies and actually put them off. What we need is a good highlights programme that shows good highlights of ALL of the pro 14 matches - and that being highlights of the good play rather than highlights of the infringement which lead to a penalty and the player kicking the penalty.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 11:53am
will there be highlights shows on terrestrial tv ?
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2018 at 12:14pm

will there be highlights shows on terrestrial tv ?

Nothing announced as far as I know - but I assume BBC would like to and negotiations are under way. Works both ways as Premier Rugby want the public to be aware of the Pro 14 and interested in the hope they will join them tonwatch full matches. That's why BT Sport are allowing Euro games (& some English Premier ) on terrestrial TV next year (in fact they have had one Prem match this year)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic