Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rhodri at tighthead v Argentina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rhodri at tighthead v Argentina
    Posted: 14 November 2013 at 1:00pm

Leigh Halfpenny (Blues), George North (Northampton Saints), Cory Allen (Blues), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Liam Williams (Scarlets), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Mike Phillips (Unattached), Gethin Jenkins (Blues), Richard Hibbard (Ospreys), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Bradley Davies (Blues), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Sam Warburton (Blues - CAPT), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Toby Faletau (Dragons).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Paul James (Bath), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Luke Charteris (Perpignan), Ryan Jones (Ospreys), Lloyd Williams (Blues), James Hook (Perpignan), Ashley Beck (Ospreys)
Sponsored Links

OwainLlanedi View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OwainLlanedi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 1:06pm
I find that just perplexing. With the best will in the world Rhodri is a considerable distance away from being the Scarlets' 2nd/3rd choice TH on the basis of his semi-pro performances this year. This "experiment" seems to be going from strength to strength for Team Wales.

Edited by OwainLlanedi - 14 November 2013 at 1:08pm
"Er gwaetha pob Dic Siôn Dafydd, Er gwaetha 'rhen Fagi a'i chriw, Byddwn yma hyd ddiwedd amser, A bydd yr iaith Gymraeg yn fyw!"
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 1:07pm
Bit of squad rotation there. Lots of where's Priestland posts ahead.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 1:08pm
Odd !
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 1:10pm
WRU just tweeted it was always their intention to start Biggar and give then 1 game each at this point
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 1:12pm
Can anybody tell me how many professional games of rugby Rhodri Jones has started at tighthead?

Thanks.
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 1:15pm
Is that a first for the Scarlets? 2 match day THs in a Welsh team?
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Can anybody tell me how many professional games of rugby Rhodri Jones has started at tighthead?

Thanks.

The answer is apparently 3.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 1:54pm
Good luck Rhodri.
Good luck Samson.
And everyone else.
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
Westwalian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westwalian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 2:04pm
Hopefully Samson will get a first cap, and I hope Rhodri has a good game too! Glad to see Liam Williams fine and back on the wing
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 2:08pm
I don't understand this. Reading between the lines, Rhodri is in for his dynamism and Samson for his scrummaging. Which begs the question, why switch Rhodri to the tight?
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 2:23pm
Samson is first choice th at Scarlets and starts on the bench, whilst Rhodri is third choice and makes the starting 15. Something wrong with Gatland looks like Lewis's stupidity is rubbing off.
Also after Wales lose on Saturday who will be the next 10 maybe Benny is going to make a comeback.
I have not been to a international for a couple of years and was thinking of saving up for a couple of World Cup matches, but I really don't think I shall give my money to the WRU.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
The Brain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Brain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Vulcan Vulcan wrote:

Is that a first for the Scarlets? 2 match day THs in a Welsh team?

But not in the order they're favoured at Club level - Very Odd!  Confused

If you cannot bite, never show your teeth.
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 3:11pm
Is it just me or has Rhodri gone from Llanelli RFC to Wales?
He's barely played for the Scarlets!
And We Were Singing...
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

Samson is first choice th at Scarlets and starts on the bench, whilst Rhodri is third choice and makes the starting 15. Something wrong with Gatland looks like Lewis's stupidity is rubbing off.
Also after Wales lose on Saturday who will be the next 10 maybe Benny is going to make a comeback.
I have not been to a international for a couple of years and was thinking of saving up for a couple of World Cup matches, but I really don't think I shall give my money to the WRU.
I am with you there Baz! still nothing from Lewis on Foxy leaving (yet [beep]s us off for being able to get £250k for George -who was clearly going to leave anyway)!
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
wetweatherwinger View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetweatherwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2013 at 9:05pm
There was criticism on here when North was sold, quite rightly so in my opinion, but Rog was vocal when he should have kept his counsel. Why did he not engage with the region as he did over Warbs and Halfers with the Blues. He makes Macchiavelli look innocent!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic