Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Robert Lloyd

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 10:32pm

Originally posted by ursamajor ursamajor wrote:

All the best Barrie. Hope things work out for you.

I don't see how this debate can 'move forward', as Lloyd puts it. He's clearly biased and obviously doesn't like having it pointed out on a public forum.

I suggest we count to ten before considering a meeting.

What exactly does he want from this, apart from another story to sell his newspaper?

As I said Gar, having made the offer, I think he would make mileage out of a refusal by us to meet.

Sponsored Links

ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2006 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

Originally posted by ursamajor ursamajor wrote:

All the best Barrie. Hope things work out for you.

I don't see how this debate can 'move forward', as Lloyd puts it. He's clearly biased and obviously doesn't like having it pointed out on a public forum.

I suggest we count to ten before considering a meeting.

What exactly does he want from this, apart from another story to sell his newspaper?

As I said Gar, having made the offer, I think he would make mileage out of a refusal by us to meet.

So we're screwed either way. Don't you love journos!
He could have said his piece on here. He reads it every day.

Boynsmun View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boynsmun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 11:07am
I'm with Mike and Gar on this one and really angry that he's forcing the issue in this way.

Agreed Dorian he'll use it either way so we're damned if we do, damned if we don't meet with the slimeball.

Very cheesed off that the Open Meeting is bound to be completely overshadowed by this whole issue now too.

politicians and journos   

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 11:11am

On the other hand, it may just concentrate the minds of people regarding the Trust, and it's importance.

ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 11:28am

If anyone is in doubt this was in last week's Star, next to a letter from our Raymond..

Edited by ursamajor
ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 11:29am
So I tweaked it a bit..

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 6:48pm

So do we have a majority opinion that Robert Lloyd should be contacted directly by the working group for three of us to meet with him on behalf of the Trust and NOT on behalf of Scarletfever?

If mAce want's to arrange something on behalf of the forum that's his baby.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

So do we have a majority opinion that Robert Lloyd should be contacted directly by the working group for three of us to meet with him on behalf of the Trust and NOT on behalf of Scarletfever?

I'd agree with that Abbey.

Taffscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taffscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

I'd agree with that Abbey.

It can't do any harm to explain the merits of the proposed Supporters Trust to him, even if his stance on the redevelopment is beyond repair.
Daw dydd y bydd mawr y rhai bychain

Daw dydd ni bydd mwy y rhai mawr.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 7:34pm
I think we should go.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 8:43pm

Volunteers anyone? So far me, Dorian and Barrie are up for it. Anyone else? I can really only do it on Thursday this week.

Only one of us should make the arrangements. Are you happy to email him and arrange it Dorian? 

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 8:45pm
Best do it without me I would say. Can't make Thursday anyway.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 8:54pm

Volunteers anyone? So far me, Dorian and Barrie are up for it. Anyone else? I can really only do it on Thursday this week.

Only one of us should make the arrangements. Are you happy to email him and arrange it Dorian? 

If everyone agrees, (By that, I mean the Trust Group) I'll telephone / mail him tomorrow. Alun, PM me with your preferrred time if you can.

Wiz and ursa, OK with you two?

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 8:57pm

BTW, Ron has asked me to mail him the pictures from last night. OK with everyone?

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 10:44pm

THe thing is, Robert Lloyd's invitation is open to all forum members of ScarletFever.

It is not aimed just at the Supporters Trust Working Group.

If he wants to meet with 3 members, then my suggestion would be....

1 from the admin group.

1 from the STWG

and the finally one selected from volunteers.

If we tried to put 3 members of the STWG in at this time it would [beep] off a lot of members just before our open meeting.

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2006 at 11:02pm

Trust you to be sensible, Wayne.

OK, I see your point - fair enough.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic