Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY GAMES / TRIPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rosslare to Dublin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosslare to Dublin
    Posted: 15 January 2018 at 3:49pm
Can’t make head nor tails of train times on their website. What’s the best way of doing the journey. Just planning ahead a bit for the final. 😏ferry times and trains this end are perfect
Sponsored Links

T_RICHARDS_94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_RICHARDS_94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 4:17pm
I caught the ferry to Rosslare and then got the morning Wexford Bus to Dublin. No problems at all.
Coming back was the issue as we booked the late one and it never showed up, leaving us stranded in Dublin until 1am before we luckily found another coach!

Still worth the stress having seen us lift the trophy!
Please take 5 minutes to read my blog - Tap and Go
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 4:22pm
Better route is Cardiff to Holyhead train, Holyhead to Dublin  ! Can be booked as a complete Sail/Rail package.
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2018 at 4:53pm
How much is that train?
randelan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 8:05am
Try eurtolines to Dublin but book via Irish site not UK as that's twice the price
Megabus go to Rosslare and pick up in Llanelli by Macdinalds
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 9:54am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Can’t make head nor tails of train times on their website. What’s the best way of doing the journey. Just planning ahead a bit for the final. 😏ferry times and trains this end are perfect

The final is in Bilbao, FFS! Wink
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 10:04am

How much is that train?

Arriva Trains SailRail is just over £80 Return From Cardiff Central to Dublin Connolly.

(Price for Leinster v Scarlets weekend or Ireland v Wales)

Edited by scarletman - 16 January 2018 at 10:05am
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
ynysddurfc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynysddurfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 11:26am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Might as well look at rail and sail options for Bilbao too - flights are pretty limited. Why choose Bilbao for the location of our first Euro final? Could have at least gone for Barcelona!

As far as Rosslare Dublin is concerned, if you were looking at a drive it's simple enough. We drove out to last years final with the early Stena ferry, a quick stop in services en-route for a bit more sleep and breakfast, before the short final drive to Dublin which was very easy to navigate. Max 2 hrs drive. You can park around the Pembroke Road side streets which have free on weekends which are ideal for both Aviva and RDS. For the return we drove back at around 9pm and stayed in a B&B near Rosslare (lots of options - just look at booking.com), and then caught the early ferry home. We did it with our 2 young daughters who loved the experience! 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 11:35am

I think he's looking at PRO14
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 11:36am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Misread the emoji ! My bad ! lol
joni_bach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 11:55am
£80 return Cardiff to Dublin is great seeing as it's £64 for foot passengers alone Holyhead to Dublin so that's basically a £16 return from Cardiff to Holyhead.

The only problem is ferries/trains back on a Sunday morning. The journey back is over 10 hours from Dublin at 8.45 - 18.57. Even if you manage to leg it from the game (assuming 6.15 kick off) straight back to the ferry port, you'll only get into Cardiff for 14.49. 

If one person is happy to be designated driver you can drive up to Holyhead and find somewhere to park nearby. That's what I did in May. So about £20 petrol, £64 ferry and back home by about 10 am.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 1:49pm
I think it’s cheaper Llanelli - Fishguard - rosslare - Dublin. The other route is much more expensive.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 2:07pm

Well - duh!LOL
(Ivan Turgenev)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 2:09pm

Misread the emoji ! My bad ! lol

Ah, OK! You got it! Didn't see this before responding to your previous post!Thumbs Up
(Ivan Turgenev)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 2:10pm

I think it’s cheaper Llanelli - Fishguard - rosslare - Dublin. The other route is much more expensive.

Depends where you start from... in terms of hours travelling, etc. 
(Ivan Turgenev)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 4:20pm
At the moment it’s £20 train return to Fishguard and £64 for the ferry and the times are perfect.

Edited by SA14 - 16 January 2018 at 4:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic