Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Games Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby Challenge 2 (Lions)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rugby Challenge 2 (Lions)
    Posted: 19 March 2013 at 9:03pm
Just announced, willing to give it a shot if they improve on the first:

Edited by m1nd3d - 19 March 2013 at 9:04pm
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 11:39am

RUGBY CHALLENGE 2: THE LIONS TOUR EDITION ANNOUNCED FOR PS3, 360 AND PC
British and Irish Lions roar in rugby union videogame sequel

SYDNEY, Australia – March 20, 2013 – Home Entertainment Suppliers Pty Ltd (HES) announced today the development of Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition for PlayStation®3, Microsoft Xbox 360® and PC, by New Zealand based games developer Sidhe. The sequel product includes myriad new features, improvements and fresh content including the addition of the highly anticipated British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia.

“We have been very excited to build on the huge success of the original Rugby Challenge” said Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for HES. “Brand new features, expanded and refined gameplay, more options, and additional licenses such as the British and Irish Lions bring this game franchise to a whole new level. This is the definitive rugby union videogame experience”.

The game will be released as Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge 2 in France, All Blacks Rugby Challenge 2 in New Zealand, and Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition in rest of world.

The features and content of Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition include:

• Play in Single Match Mode, multi-team Competition Mode, a vastly expanded multi-year Career Mode, Tutorial Mode, or compete in online multiplayer with support up to 4v4 via PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE®, or Steam

• Refined and expanded gameplay with the addition of quick taps, quick lineouts, mauls from lineouts, interceptions, contesting ball at the breakdown, removing players from the ruck, number 8 scrum pickups, and dynamic in game team strategies on both attack and defence

• 110+ teams and 50+ stadia from around the world featured including official team, competition, and special match licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia, Barbarians FC, Combined Country, Super Rugby teams, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, Pro D2, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield

• More options to create or customise players, teams, and competitions, and change game rules and behaviour to shape the game to play how you want and keep the game fresh year after year

• Revamped sound and commentary systems, with real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Black turned commentator Justin Marshall, and French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard

“It has been a wonderful opportunity to build on the foundation we established with the original game to create a deeper, more engaging, and higher quality experience” said Tyrone McAuley, Technical Director for Sidhe and project vision holder. “Tighter controls, smoother animation, and smarter AI improve the title moment to moment, while additions such as significant new Northern Hemisphere content create a more global and well rounded game”.

Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition will release worldwide for PS3, 360 and PC in midyear 2013. More information and ongoing updates about the game can be found at the official website www.rugbychallengegame.com.

ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2013 at 12:28pm
Fingers crossed they can get he licence stuff, and Rabo squads sorted out a bit better this time.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2013 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Fingers crossed they can get he licence stuff, and Rabo squads sorted out a bit better this time.

Reading what's going to be in the game they got the license for all the major leagues and it doesn't say only NZ and Aus franchises. Hopefully the saffers will be in it.

The rosters in the game are correct of the 11/12 season. So I would think that the new game will have the right squads. But with the massive editing tool in the game, that doesn't bother me.

I still enjoy rugby challenge. Scarlets have been completely re done, along with the transfers for next season.

I'm looking forward to this though.

It doesn't say 6N are licensed so they probably didn't target licensing for this game. Just went for the lions and the new addition of the French Div2.
The rest of the cash will have gone to improve The game play and career mode and graphics probably.

They had a lot of things right on the first one. I'm looking forward to this release.
merthyr.T.x.scarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merthyr.T.x.scarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2013 at 7:24pm
I can't wait Big smile Jonah lomu rugby challange was a much needed improvement on a dying sport in terms of video games
http://www.youtube.com/user/walesxscarlets
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 11:46am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Reading what's going to be in the game they got the license for all the major leagues and it doesn't say only NZ and Aus franchises. Hopefully the saffers will be in it.

The rosters in the game are correct of the 11/12 season. So I would think that the new game will have the right squads. But with the massive editing tool in the game, that doesn't bother me.

I still enjoy rugby challenge. Scarlets have been completely re done, along with the transfers for next season.

It doesn't say 6N are licensed so they probably didn't target licensing for this game. Just went for the lions and the new addition of the French Div2.
The rest of the cash will have gone to improve The game play and career mode and graphics probably.

They had a lot of things right on the first one. I'm looking forward to this release.

HAHA, go on then, what is your sqaud Big smile
Guinness Pro 12 Champions 2017...get in!
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by merthyr.T.x.scarlets merthyr.T.x.scarlets wrote:

I can't wait Big smile Jonah lomu rugby challange was a much needed improvement on a dying sport in terms of video games
seriously ? I gave mine away . 50 quid it cost too .
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Liam Williams / Gareth Owen / Dion Jones
Kyle Evans / Kristian Phillips
Foxy / Scott / Maule / Steff Hughes / Warren
Priestland / Steve Shingler / Jordan
Aled / Cawdor / Rhodri
Gog / Turnbull / Shingler / Dan Thomas / Lewis Rawlins / Sion Bennett
Snyman / Earle / Ball / Kelly
Adriaanse / Samson / Manu
Ken / Emyr / Kirby
Phil / Rhodri

thats it i think. i may have one or two adjustments left to make! looks like John Barclay will soon be added!! along with Delve!!

But thats it at the moment along with Victor Vito and Rene Ranger chucked in for good measure on my career!!!

merthyr.T.x.scarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merthyr.T.x.scarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 9:03am
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

Aii i loved it changed the settings mind offloads took the mick a bit. but i did love playing it with my mates. it's a lot better than fifa, fifa hasnt been any good since 2004!
http://www.youtube.com/user/walesxscarlets
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 10:25am

Aii i loved it changed the settings mind offloads took the mick a bit. but i did love playing it with my mates. it's a lot better than fifa, fifa hasnt been any good since 2004!
Fifa 95 was the best! Clap
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 10:26am

Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Liam Williams / Gareth Owen / Dion Jones
Kyle Evans / Kristian Phillips
Foxy / Scott / Maule / Steff Hughes / Warren
Priestland / Steve Shingler / Jordan
Aled / Cawdor / Rhodri
Gog / Turnbull / Shingler / Dan Thomas / Lewis Rawlins / Sion Bennett
Snyman / Earle / Ball / Kelly
Adriaanse / Samson / Manu
Ken / Emyr / Kirby
Phil / Rhodri

thats it i think. i may have one or two adjustments left to make! looks like John Barclay will soon be added!! along with Delve!!

But thats it at the moment along with Victor Vito and Rene Ranger chucked in for good measure on my career!!!

Nice one! Clap I thought you'd have loaded the squad with Toulon type signings with Habana running in the tries on the wing WinkBig smile
AstroScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 10:55am

FIFA did have a few non-progressive years I grant you. But the last two seasons, they have come on massively. FIFA 13 is the most comprehensive and best sports game out there. 
'Stand up at home if you're watching, that was one of the Heineken Cup great tries'
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 12:07pm
FIFA 13 COULD have been. The massive glitch where the career crashes after july 2014 or 15 is a big flaw and one that should have been fixed before the game release. Game play and graphics and depth of the game brilliant. But that simple glitch where a career lasts only 2 seasons if your lucky has damaged its reputation. No sorry, no explanation, no fix as of yet by EA, making it even worse.

I've not played the game for months because of it. disgraceful.
AstroScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 12:19pm

FIFA 13 COULD have been. The massive glitch where the career crashes after july 2014 or 15 is a big flaw and one that should have been fixed before the game release. Game play and graphics and depth of the game brilliant. But that simple glitch where a career lasts only 2 seasons if your lucky has damaged its reputation. No sorry, no explanation, no fix as of yet by EA, making it even worse.

I've not played the game for months because of it. disgraceful.

ahh! I was unaware of this - not got that far. I tend to stick with online and ultimate team.  But that seems very shoddy. EA are dreadful when it comes to stuff like that, and their servers get worse every year I'm sure. 

In terms of gameplay, as in the actual matches, has improved massively - thought FIFA 12 was a giant step forward.
'Stand up at home if you're watching, that was one of the Heineken Cup great tries'
JacMorgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 12:37pm
I think the release date is mid june
Proud member of the backrow club
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2013 at 12:39pm
Looking foward for this game, first one had a lot of glitches, a newone would be really good.....
And We Were Singing...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic