Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby World Cup 2019

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Lane is the replacement for Navidi.

thats a bizarre decision
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:02pm
 France lock Sebastien Vahaamahina has retired from international rugby just 24 hours after being sent off in the World Cup quarter-final against Wales.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:12pm
they just interviewed wainwrights comprehensive school teacher and it was none other than our old full back Justin Thomas who moved to Cardiff and underwent a talentechtomy.Big smile
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

France lock Sebastien Vahaamahina has retired from international rugby just 24 hours after being sent off in the World Cup quarter-final against Wales.

Vahaamahina admitted he "lost control" in the incident, but said he had always planned to retire from internationals after the tournament.

"It's hard, very hard for me today - especially because, as I have planned for several months, it was my last match with the national team," the Clermont Auvergne player said.

"I hadn't made a public announcement of my retirement but the people impacted by the decision have known since the summer: (France coach) Jacques Brunel, (Clermont coach) Franck Azema and several of the players.

"I wanted to have the best possible match and tournament to finish on... perhaps I wanted it too much. My desire and my aggression got the better of me."

solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 57 minutes ago at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Lane is the replacement for Navidi.
Where did you find that?
Wales have called up Cardiff Blues wing Owen Lane to the World Cup, although he replaces a forward after back-row Josh Navidi was ruled out by injury. [BBC]
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 40 minutes ago at 7:23pm

Good rugby call in my view. Suggests real confidence in Foxy being fit for the weekend...if so no need for 4 centres.

Amos not available means the outside backs thin on the ground.

Is that so? I thought Gatland said that all were OK apart from Navidi - of course, 'OK' here must include Foxy, who is only a 'possible' for the SA game...

A bit odd, IMO, as Scott's experience could have been very useful. There you go...
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 hours 18 minutes ago at 2:45am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Gatland will pick from within the training squad and the only sensible option is Scott Williams.  Lane is untested and it's centre cover we need not wing.
Anyway it's only for one game realistically.

Lane is a 13 that plays wing though!

I really think he's a wing that has played center at times.

came through the ranks at 13 though, Wales u20s 13 (odd match at wing), Blues academy 13 etc. Blues play him more on the wing than 13, wonder if that will change with the likes of Adams, Amos, Summerhill etc available on wing.. Personally see him as long term 13 with the age of Wales centres.

Could be a bolter, but Scott is as we all know an out and out centre who has already a decent partnership with Parkes, Foxy and a growing one with Watkin. Which no doubt will be key.

Lane hasn’t started a pro game at center, wing is a good place to ease in to a side though. We are doing something like it with likes of Nicholas and Baldwin.
Lane looks a real prospect either way.
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 6 minutes ago at 7:57am
Referees for the weekend

England v NZ - Nigel Owens
Wales v SA - Jerome Garces

Quite how French referees get selected for high level games I'll never know 
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 12 minutes ago at 9:51am
Originally posted by PTScarlet PTScarlet wrote:

Referees for the weekend

England v NZ - Nigel Owens
Wales v SA - Jerome Garces

Quite how French referees get selected for high level games I'll never know 

No idea.

Jaco Peyper poses with Wales fans
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 6 minutes ago at 9:57am
Nothing wrong with Garces; in fact French refs are pretty useful far better than Irish tmo's!!!!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 52 minutes ago at 2:11pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/50121693
was he really banned from officiating the semis and final because of that photo???
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 272829
  Share Topic