Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sanjay on way home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

Either stand the story up or don't print it  'A source close to' just doesn't cut it.  
You haven’t a clue who his sources are. He can hardly be suspected to reveal them
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 9:06pm
I ‘suspect ‘ he hasn’t either  
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 9:09pm
There must be some legs in this story, people on here stated that Liam was seen at PYS recently, WOL states it today and Brad mentioned it last week, stating that Liam had been down at PYS and that he was a Scarlets legend and that he would love him to return, but wouldn’t comment on any contract negotiations.
This, if true would be a huge thing for the Scarlets and I for one would welcome him back with open arms.
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 9:37pm
Hes buying a house in Cardiff so hopefully that eliminates the French teams 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

The point is that it got a 'click' which is what the WoL are looking for. 
Speak for yourself WinkWinkWink
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 1:04am
Although the Wail is terrible clickbait, its insight into contract negotiations, player movement etc isn't bad. Much more right than wrong. I think we got him. And if I was him, this is the place to be in Wales for the next few years at least.
Scarlets before Wales
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 2:17am
Looks like we will have to get rid of 1/2p in order to get Sanjay, which I personally don't mind. 
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 2:33am
not happy with words like “get rid of “ a player. It’s disrespectful as if it’s a bit of rubbish or dog muck on the shoe. HP is a top class player and has played to his utmost for us and all sorts of people including players families read these threads. Let’s allow players a bit of dignity please. 

As to the issue of keeping Leigh and the Liam debate, there are many issues unknown to us regarding salary issues/ fitness issues and coaching views . I am happy to wait and see how it develops. All I would also add is that if you factor in Wales participation and injury tolls in the game and what team Scarlets need to progress , it is a difficult matter. 
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 3:50am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

not happy with words like “get rid of “ a player. It’s disrespectful as if it’s a bit of rubbish or dog muck on the shoe. HP is a top class player and has played to his utmost for us and all sorts of people including players families read these threads. Let’s allow players a bit of dignity please. 

As to the issue of keeping Leigh and the Liam debate, there are many issues unknown to us regarding salary issues/ fitness issues and coaching views . I am happy to wait and see how it develops. All I would also add is that if you factor in Wales participation and injury tolls in the game and what team Scarlets need to progress , it is a difficult matter. 

Yes, well said.

While I want the best players, I appreciate that salaries mean we have to lower quality elsewhere for the majority of the season. Just look at the other 3 regions:
Dragons have Moriarty @  £450k - and played more for Wales I believe
Blues select Adams but they have a limited pack
Ospreys have Scott, North and Anscombe but during the international window - a very low quality team

If for the same money as Sanjay, we could have HP on  £250k (who may not have much time left in his international career with McN and Sanjay at Wales, so he plays more games) and another very solid PI on  £200k available for all games, who do you select? And I mean that with respect to all parties. 
Scarlets before Wales
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 4:07am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Yes, well said.

While I want the best players, I appreciate that salaries mean we have to lower quality elsewhere for the majority of the season. Just look at the other 3 regions:
Ospreys have Scott, North and Anscombe but during the international window - a very low quality team

If for the same money as Sanjay, we could have HP on  £250k (who may not have much time left in his international career with McN and Sanjay at Wales, so he plays more games) and another very solid PI on  £200k available for all games, who do you select? And I mean that with respect to all parties. 

HP is a centre though?
LH is a fullback.....

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 6:21am
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Yes, well said.

HP is a centre though?
LH is a fullback.....

Halfpenny. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 7:41am
Originally posted by PTScarlet PTScarlet wrote:

Looks like we will have to get rid of 1/2p in order to get Sanjay, which I personally don't mind. 
That’s not the case 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 8:02am
Lets face it bois bach if we can afford Leigh & Sanjay along with Jonny & Steff in our back 3 then woopy doo. Our most urgent areas at the moment appear to me to be centre, outside half and tight head. Cover those and then be able to get Sanjay - brilliant. 
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 8:26am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Lets face it bois bach if we can afford Leigh & Sanjay along with Jonny & Steff in our back 3 then woopy doo. Our most urgent areas at the moment appear to me to be centre, outside half and tight head. Cover those and then be able to get Sanjay - brilliant. 

I feel that it has to be either Leigh or Sanj. Whether we can afford it or not, the money can surely be spent better on more squad players than on two stars who both wont be here for half a season.

Edited by Sosban89 - 03 December 2019 at 8:26am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 8:42am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Where's all this money coming from,  we are sounding like Jeremy Corbyn's spending plans.  Personally I'd rather we were spending on big durable lumps who can get us over the gain line occasionally.

Well the thinking probably is that we have already invested in those lumps - Tex & Sam. If we could find someone like Marcel Coetzee/Faletau then I would be all for signing him instead of trying to have both Leigh & Sanjay & my priority would be a class tight head above everything. Surely a pack containing Wyn, Ken, Jake, Tex, Aaron & Casseim with Rob, Sam & Blade on the bench should be able to achieve some go forward!!!!!

The Welsh experiment of playing Adams at 13 for the final 15-20 minutes may signal the way for us to go if we really do get Sanjay & Leigh. Give Jonny a chance at 13, a position he apparently played for Brad previously. 

Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2019 at 8:50am
Seems like Leigh has a big choice to make, I’d take both tbh, if we don’t it doesn’t mean we’ll get a decent player for a more priority position so let’s go for both and worry about other positions after.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic