Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sanjay on way home

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

yes remember that. even though the Wigan forum was labelling it the worst kept secret in Wigan, the half time stadium announcement of the re-signing of Sam Tomkins on the big screen was brilliant.
IIRC, there was a snipet of Sam Tomkins sending a message over to the fans saying he was looking forward to coming home etc. a lot can be learned from Rugby League in general with how they market the game. always been willing to try something new - from being the first place TMO was tried to Thursday evening kick offs to finding a cracking team of commentators who believe in the product on show. but that's something else entirely.
With the rumour now circulating about Sanjay...Boxing Day would be a great time to release the news...or a little present for everyone to unwrap to hear about the news on Christmas Eve! Heck even schedule the tweet in for Christmas Day! But Christmas Eve is on a Tnewsday...!

Or even have him parading around as Cochyn at half time & then take his head off LOLLOL
LOL or just have Waun Massive printed on the back of cochyns shirt...a little clue for everyone!

Edited by PE SA - 09 December 2019 at 12:56pm
Sponsored Links

cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 1:04pm
all very well but where is Cochyn??
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by cymraes cymraes wrote:

all very well but where is Cochyn??

He was at the London Irish match but I did see that the position was advertised a couple of weeks ago.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 1:34pm
If the Sanjay return is confirmed - and many of you seem convinced - then it's brilliant news - a real favourite, who would strengthen any team in the world.

Personally, I'd love Halfpenny to stay as well - he is a top class professional, and our best goal kicker - his display on Saturday kept Bayonne at arm's length, and his defensive positioning is second to none. Let's hope it's not an 'either-or' situation.

As for TH prop - I haven't seen enough of Sebastian to give a definite answer, but he seems to have the power to scrummage effectively... I'm not sure if he can last 60 min, though, let alone 80! With Werner knocking on, we could do with a TH signing in any case... down to the funds available, no doubt. Do we sign a good TH prop and keep Halfpenny? Can we afford both? We'll have to wait and see.

In the meantime - I refuse to believe that the coffers are so empty that we can't afford to sign a 'Cochyn'!
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 2:18pm
definitely room in the squad to keep Halfpenny and sign Liam.

Not sure how the wage structure works that was agreed last year or year before, but Halfpenny currently is not a Wales match day 23 player. So he is no longer a "top tier" (Which I assume, Liam may now be in that bracket?) player plus he is getting older.
So personally I believe we can afford to keep Halfpenny (especially if he is keen to stay) plus sign Liam.

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2019 at 2:20pm
Shame we couldn't approach the WRU to help cover his salary costs as he is an integral part of the Welsh squad, if only a precedent had been set before....
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 2:52am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Shame we couldn't approach the WRU to help cover his salary costs as he is an integral part of the Welsh squad, if only a precedent had been set before....

LOL indeed
Scarlets before Wales
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 2:54am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

definitely room in the squad to keep Halfpenny and sign Liam.

Not sure how the wage structure works that was agreed last year or year before, but Halfpenny currently is not a Wales match day 23 player. So he is no longer a "top tier" (Which I assume, Liam may now be in that bracket?) player plus he is getting older.
So personally I believe we can afford to keep Halfpenny (especially if he is keen to stay) plus sign Liam.

Is he keen to stay? If Bath offered him 3 years for 100k more, what would he choose. Anyway, I hope he does want to stay, as he and Liam would be excellent for us.
Scarlets before Wales
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2019 at 7:34am
Halfpenny won't be short of offers thats for sure. He is a match winning goalkicker & will attract lots of offers in England & France. I still think he may end up with Gats to experience Super Rugby. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic