Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saracens docked 35 points...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

They'll have to start selling the Tommy Cooper hats now then

Just like that!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2019 at 5:42pm
I must admit I would have thought the Saracens management would have gone through the findings with a tooth comb, and no no doubt paid a large amount to the legal profession already to ascertain their chances of winning.

My gut feeling is that they did breach some of the regulations, and to challenge the findings would have cost so much and more importantly be time consuming, for many key personal, that they decided to take it on the chin, and pay the fine.

I also think that the regulations are not as simple as one would have thought so the English union will need to clarify certain areas with all clubs and possibly rewrite them. I bet many chairmen will have mixed feelings on this, and I can see a pay war starting in the next few seasons.

I just hope the WRU sorts Wales out and certainly keep "Gatland's Law" even though he wasn't happy with it going, because the last thing we want is the talent going over to England, and WOL article also suggests something should be done with young talent as well. I agree with that as well.

On a wider front I am sad that the Saracens case has brought some unwanted publicity to rugby, and feel that it is not all Saracens fault, with everyone in England to blame.

I hope all is well in the Welsh regional set up?

Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2019 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Now confirmed that Saracens will not appeal the fine or points docking:

Guilty as charged then, this will be music to the ears of the other chairpersons/clubs in the premiership.
They must have seen the sense of not appealing as it was likely to end in more points deducted and probably a bigger fine.
Will be interesting to see if they are making any real attempt to reduce their wages for this season or whether they stick with their squad (and it’s cost), try and stay up and take any more punishment that comes their way next season (if anything).

They knew exactly what they were doing, without a doubt! They've been found out, obviously had to make some noise about making an appeal, but ultimately had no where to hide hence the hefty points penalty and fine. The evidence was obviously overwhelmingly against them, and I think they've been extremely lucky not to have been punished further.
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic