Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saracens - Toulouse

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saracens - Toulouse
    Posted: 18 October 2013 at 8:44pm
A French friend if mine a couple of years ago said of a young French no.8 coming through the system at Toulouse that this youngster reminded him of a young Scott Quinnel when he broke on the scene. Big praise indeed. Said of him that he looked abit out of shape but was a bull of a ball carrier and had a huge future in the game if and when he forced his way into the Toulouse side. Watching Gallan tonight I can see what he meant, must be good to keep the French starting 8 on the bench. Still looks like he is carrying abit of weight but the boy can play.
We all had Doctor's papers!
Sponsored Links

kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 9:05pm
why are mostly all women watching this game at Wembley tonight?
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 9:09pm
61,428 at Wembley tonight,and no atmosphere at all.

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 9:09pm
Sounds dead in the stadium
And We Were Singing...
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by Iwlew Iwlew wrote:

Sounds dead in the stadium
seen more life in box cemetery than at Wembley tonight.

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 9:11pm
Yep all 61,400+ of them. I know a lot of them are freebies but still a fair turn out even if is a lot of folk having a cheap visit to have the We bluey experience.
AstroScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AstroScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 9:19pm
Agree about Gallan. Looks like an incredible find. Huge talent.
'Stand up at home if you're watching, that was one of the Heineken Cup great tries'
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 9:32pm
I think Nigel has been terrible tonight.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 9:45pm
Shocking second half, while Tigers smash Treviso
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 9:47pm
Toulouse edge Saracens 17-16
And We Were Singing...
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 10:00pm
Big crowd, but I guess there are a lot of Saffers living in London and it stands to reason they will go and watch their 'home team'. Wink
Keep the faith
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 10:09pm
When Picomoles came on he changed the game,,,,,glad the English lot lost.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"        Roger going life is good.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2013 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Big crowd, but I guess there are a lot of Saffers living in London and it stands to reason they will go and watch their 'home team'. Wink

Especially if tickets are cheap. Or free.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 1:45am
61248 biggest group attendance ever, most were there to look at the shiny stadium and wave their inflatables

amazing to think 45000 wouldn't have bothered if theyd played elsewhere. I reckon pigeon wrestling would net 50,000 at the new Wembley

still sarries must have netted a darn fortune, 30 quid a pop x 60k less rental 10% split to Wembley and vat....leaves a cool million plus for 2 hours work

on the plus side though, at least they lost

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 6:41am
Saracens are probably my least favourite club in the UK, and the anti-theory to the current needs of club rugby...a payroll the virtually equates their turnover...total dis-regard for the common man...I wish no ill to most clubs but I'm hardly devasted they lost this one.
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2013 at 8:50am
You could get tickets for this match for as little as a tenner!

Edited by Turkish Fez - 19 October 2013 at 8:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic