Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Leavers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 9:56am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

[QUOTE=157cb]
Confirmed Tom Price Exeter and Scott Jenkins Bedford
 Rumoured Caws,SHC,Bulbring and Boyde

Why didnt Scott get a look in?
[/Q 7UOTE]

Been injured all season.
Cheers.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Still don't understand how a player can leave Scarlets and join Ospreys (and yes I know it's money talks).

Well if scarlets won’t renew and that’s their only other option then they aren’t really left a choice

I suppose but I doubt Ospreys are his only option. Seems odd that we wont retain him, excellent player.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 10:07am
Thought Harlequins were interested in Boyde. He needs to play for a team who will give him the 7 shirt so he can concentrate on that role. He is a wonderful squad player and gives everything everything in every game. He alos seems to be a really nice guy based on a few minutes chat in Tesco, Carmarthen!!!!

He is behind Cubby & Dan Davis in the pecking order and Josh McLoud with his extra pace and bulk is going to be hard to shift. I can see the logic of the move but will still be very sorry to see him leave. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 10:27am

Still don't understand how a player can leave Scarlets and join Ospreys (and yes I know it's money talks).

Well if scarlets won’t renew and that’s their only other option then they aren’t really left a choice

I suppose but I doubt Ospreys are his only option. Seems odd that we wont retain him, excellent player.

Agreed but at the end of the day, the Scarlets are a business & we have Cubby & Dan ahead of him at 7, Shingler & Josh ahead of him at 6. I think we would all agree he doesn't deserve to be 3rd choice (he may well think this too) so if he want to get regular game time, sadly he has to look elsewhere.
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 10:46am
I think it is fair to say that we as fans collectively see the need for big, abrasive ball csrriers. Unfortunately will does not meet that requirement and as a consequence is deemed to be surplus to requirements. The management have a plan and i hope that we recruit whst we badly need.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 11:16am
Don’t agree at all, when you think our league winning and European SF back row was Cubby, Barclay and Shingler, no bruising ball carriers there.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 11:17am

It’s because your living in a bygone era.
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 11:37am
Disappointed if Boyd leaving is true. He's a local lad and really punches above his size and weight when it comes to contact. We relied on him a lot this season with all the injuries we had in the back row, so I hope if he's moving on, it's his decision for more first choice rugby than us letting him go.

I genuinely think he will be a hit for some of the English prem teams in the same way as Tom Young, Dan Thomas and Sam Lewis. We seem to be churning out load of 7's in Wales at the moment.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

I think it is fair to say that we as fans collectively see the need for big, abrasive ball csrriers. Unfortunately will does not meet that requirement and as a consequence is deemed to be surplus to requirements. The management have a plan and i hope that we recruit whst we badly need.

Don't agree with that at all. If you can win the league without one and get to the semi-finals of Europe's top-tournament without one, then it's clear that game plan and strategy are more important. 

The right players for the game plan, not a game plan for the players you have. 
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Don't agree with that at all. If you can win the league without one and get to the semi-finals of Europe's top-tournament without one, then it's clear that game plan and strategy are more important. 

The right players for the game plan, not a game plan for the players you have. 

Without many ball carriers we punched above our weight to win the league, which was a lot to do with the momentum we had built up.

It didn't take long for other teams to work us out, we have to have a big ball carrier to add to our arsenal in order to compete and change things up when needed. Can't go in to another season with one game plan that we stick to even if it's not working.

Edit: we were very lucky to get to the semi-finals of Europe, Treviso strangled us, if it wasn't for 2 moments of magic from Steff we'd have been out.

Edited by henry_winkler - 01 April 2019 at 12:15pm
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Don’t agree at all, when you think our league winning and European SF back row was Cubby, Barclay and Shingler, no bruising ball carriers there.

We lost that SF fair and square and teams have wised up to our gameplan since we won the league. 

Not saying the backrow was/is THE problem but we are certainly missing some up front carrying somewhere in the pack to keep defences from fanning out. 
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 12:20pm

Agree it worked to a degree, however we played against leinster last season we were completely destroyed in the back row. It is plain to see that we have no enforcers, ball carriers in the back row.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 1:03pm

True they might not be but are the closest if he wants to stay close to home. I’m a Turk through and through but couldn’t imagine living away in England from friends and half of my family lol
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 1:07pm
Shingler early injury didn’t help matters at all mind
Gwyn Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gwyn Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 1:07pm
No complaints about the SF result. A squad/gamelan played to their strengths & beat another squad/gamelan convincingly on the day.

That doesn't mean it's the only way to play. Wales are no2 in the world & won a slam without big abrasive ball carriers in the back row.

Nice to have a wrecking ball but not necessarily essential to our future success.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2019 at 3:23pm

It’s because your living in a bygone era.

Yep I'm definitely completely out of touch it seems. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic