Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Lions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 10:19am
He was one of the best cover tacklers in the world at the time, can Finn Russell/George Ford and even the great Dan Carter tackle like those 2?

You can't just pick on one element of a game, you must look at it all.

Sorry you will never convince me.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 10:41am
As good as Stephen Jones was and a lot of the time he was severely underrated by others he is not in the same class as Phil Bennett.
Phil was one of a kind would have been great in any era could find space in a phone box. Small compared to today's giants but huge in heart ability and temperament one of rugbys great men.
We have been lucky at the Scarlets to have some legends of the game but Phil is at the top of the list in my view.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2017 at 11:36am
Totally agree. Benny stood up to some huge tough Saffers and came out on top & that was when half backs were not as protected by the laws as they are, rightfully, today. A true Great of the game along with Gareth, Barry & JPR. Boy were we spoilt in those days. 
Steve twin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve twin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2017 at 6:22pm
Why don't they take 60? 15 from each country. We'd be still moaning even then 😂
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic