Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets announce a profit!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by miaow miaow wrote:

That comment section is a reminder that the internet is full of a loud, vocal minority of people with personal issues.

It's also some deeply dishonest 'journalism'. "Some fans might ask-" bleurrrgh. Shut up.

I wonder how much of it is also some latent hangover from the hacks who came through during the time the Scarlets were getting bailed out by the WRU 15 years ish ago. Not just where they work and come from, but that sense of 'we hammered them then, let's hammer them now'.
What bail out are you referring to?
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

Havard Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Havard Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 7:11pm
What this shows is that even though it's really good to show profit, the increase in financial fortunes has been reliant on the PRB deal. Yes I know we provide more players for the Welsh team and we appear to be rightly compensated for this, however you will have to be blind not to see this as negative from the other three regions point of view. I know that all being equal we should all receive equal funding, and we aren't living in an equal world at the moment, but I'm not overly pleased with some of those figures. 

Our income has basically gone down in every department apart from 'other income', which rose slightly, and obviously the WRU money.

I still think it's early days, but hopefully getting back in to the Heiniken cup next season, signing a proven quality head coach, a couple of key additions in the squad, a better kit supplier than Macron and better performances on the field, will see a positive increase in other income streams that we can really be proud of. Not asking much I know.

However, as per Scarlets' adopted anthem, "ni yma o'hyd' and that is definitely thanks to the board and our generous benefactors.

Edited by Havard Fan - 27 January 2020 at 7:15pm
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

That comment section is a reminder that the internet is full of a loud, vocal minority of people with personal issues.

It's also some deeply dishonest 'journalism'. "Some fans might ask-" bleurrrgh. Shut up.

I wonder how much of it is also some latent hangover from the hacks who came through during the time the Scarlets were getting bailed out by the WRU 15 years ish ago. Not just where they work and come from, but that sense of 'we hammered them then, let's hammer them now'.
I was wondering the same. Strange comment.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2020 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I was wondering the same. Strange comment.

Give him some time to make it up, bois. He has taken much longer than usual though. Who knows, perhaps he prefers radio silence to conceding that he may have made a mistake. In general though it's not a good idea to finish a post by asking him a question as this gives him an excuse to go on and on and on . . . . .
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 11:46am
Superb by the board, their heart and Soul is in the Scarlets and what this great club side means in rugby terms.  Yes we have had difficult years and all the upheavals of new ground, new coaches, players, in the red with debt, but this board delivered.  Funding directors put their money on the table and drove this club forward and have now achieved what they intended to do. To put the Scarlets on a stable sustainable path and safe guarding the future of the unique Scarlet brand. Its brilliant and yes there will be critics and toothsayers chopsing and berating anything the Scarlets do, on and off the field, but it's taken years and years to get in the position we are now in. With people that love and bleed Scarlets and we are in safe big reliable hands. It's all coming together nicely, enjoy the moment, I am.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 1:17pm
Well said 
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2020 at 6:15pm
Excellently put Lofty
Scarlets am Byth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic