Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Macron Shop - more jerseys coming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 2:58pm
Well what will be nice is that the quarters could turn out to be a retro affair if everyone is encouraged to wear any jersey they have. I may dig out my long sleeve tetleys one. If anyone has friends who haven’t got a jersey give your old one to them.
Sponsored Links

Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

To get another run of jerseys to “meet demand”...is there enough demand for the current kit to warrant another run?
Don’t get me wrong, there have certainly underestimated the sale of jerseys, which in my opinion is a great thing. They have sold out of all sizes home and away! Surely a positive. I’d also add, that’s a sell out in all sizes home and away AT FULL PRICE.

Fair amount want the jersey...well I’m not so sure it’s all that big an issue.

Say Macron get another 3000 jerseys made. With the release of next seasons kit out in April again, I don’t think they will be able to sell much of that 3000 extra made at full price when also selling next season jersey.

This issue has been talked about and, hopefully addressed. That’s the understanding I had from the crys16 notes.

Due to Macron having exclusivity, I find that no issue at all. It’s not uncommon.

Wales football and Swansea City have done similar things where only JD Sports sell the merchandise. It’s not a new thing and has negatives but major plus points.

Let’s look at the positives for once...or asking too much!

The reason Macron haven’t ordered any more jerseys must be because there’s unlikely to be any profit in it for them. A second lot of manufacture and shipping probably makes it unviable given the number of extra jerseys they think they would sell.
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 4:23pm
Free flags on seats would be a nice touch!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by comeonmybabies comeonmybabies wrote:

Sorry but it's hard to see positives in selling out of replica kit halfway through the season. Irrespective of who is to blame it is not acceptable. We had a massive opportunity to build on the on field success.

This shambles and that's what it is just feeds the impression that the region is poorly run.

As my GCSE business teacher used to say "you have to speculate to accumulate" there appears that there is very little ambition on the business side.

PS it's not just replica kit you can't get a hat or scalf in the shop last week!
plenty of scarves and hats.

We have sold more jerseys than our previous kit suppliers....pretty positive if you ask me plus they are more expensive.
How many past jerseys were bought at the end of past seasons for a tenner each? No profit on those. No business sense to do that again.

facts which I think are positives:
Both home and away jerseys ALL SIZES FULL PRICE SOLD OUT.
The jerseys were on sale in April and sold out early November- 7-8 months.
If we started selling the jersey in August - or September after the season has started, remember those days!? Then the jersey would still be on sale going by the time frame.
We have never sold out our jersey before. Which is why you can still get some brand new until recently on certain sites for under a tenner. Things like that is what Macron obviously want to avoid - I’m sure your business teacher would agree with that.
Macros as a busienss did their research from past kit suppliers. Went for the figure, and obviously SMASHED it for the success we’ve had, style we play and feel good factor. Now they are obviously kicking themselves they didn’t order more, but to buy more in just to please what is probably a minority will make no sense whatsoever Especially when the new kit is available in around 10-12 weeks.

But as for hats etc, plenty of them in the shop now. Granted, they seem to be flying out which again is a positive.

Plenty of people leaving the shop with bags in hand today after buying their tickets...so there are positives with Macron if you want to see them.

It’s as if the forum can’t complain about players or coaches so Macron Out is the new Pivac Out!

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by 1carmscarletsfan 1carmscarletsfan wrote:

Free flags on seats would be a nice touch!

adidas.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by trident trident wrote:

Blydi hell it's like groundhog Day on here sometimes
We're still still here!
comeonmybabies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comeonmybabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by comeonmybabies comeonmybabies wrote:

Sorry but it's hard to see positives in selling out of replica kit halfway through the season. Irrespective of who is to blame it is not acceptable. We had a massive opportunity to build on the on field success.

This shambles and that's what it is just feeds the impression that the region is poorly run.

As my GCSE business teacher used to say "you have to speculate to accumulate" there appears that there is very little ambition on the business side.

PS it's not just replica kit you can't get a hat or scalf in the shop last week!
plenty of scarves and hats.

We have sold more jerseys than our previous kit suppliers....pretty positive if you ask me plus they are more expensive.
How many past jerseys were bought at the end of past seasons for a tenner each? No profit on those. No business sense to do that again.

facts which I think are positives:
Both home and away jerseys ALL SIZES FULL PRICE SOLD OUT.
The jerseys were on sale in April and sold out early November- 7-8 months.
If we started selling the jersey in August - or September after the season has started, remember those days!? Then the jersey would still be on sale going by the time frame.
We have never sold out our jersey before. Which is why you can still get some brand new until recently on certain sites for under a tenner. Things like that is what Macron obviously want to avoid - I’m sure your business teacher would agree with that.
Macros as a busienss did their research from past kit suppliers. Went for the figure, and obviously SMASHED it for the success we’ve had, style we play and feel good factor. Now they are obviously kicking themselves they didn’t order more, but to buy more in just to please what is probably a minority will make no sense whatsoever Especially when the new kit is available in around 10-12 weeks.

But as for hats etc, plenty of them in the shop now. Granted, they seem to be flying out which again is a positive.

Plenty of people leaving the shop with bags in hand today after buying their tickets...so there are positives with Macron if you want to see them.

It’s as if the forum can’t complain about players or coaches so Macron Out is the new Pivac Out!

Excellent news about the hats and scarves and will be picking ours when when we pick our tickets up next week as long as they haven't all gone 😀

I am not having a go for the sake of it but I personally and many other supporters are disappointed with the situation and rightly so IMHO

I am not aware of numbers and there seems to be plenty of explanation of why they run out and why there won't be anymore but again that doesn't stop fans being disappointed and frustrated by the situation......I am gutted that's all ☹️
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 6:45pm
It's probably been posted on here before so apologies if I missed it but what is the actual deal do Macron have? Do they pay us rent, are we on a % of jersey or other merchandise sales?
In Pivac we trust
scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2018 at 7:49pm
I really like our jersey, one of the best designs we've had (if they had stuck a white collar on it then Macron would have absolutely cracked it). It was out early (what everyone wanted). They stuck a gold badge on (even better).

A high demand is a good problem to have, but who would have predicted what is happening now with our team. The support is getting stratospheric! Not many would have predicted that. Macron at least are good at putting out new Scarlets gear to buy in the shop (just not the jersey).

Anyway I look forward to next season's jersey (which will be out early again), although I'll be waiting at least until the end of the season before buying, as I want one with a star on!!!!
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 4:57pm

HOME JERSEYS / CRYSAU CARTREF

We're delighted to confirm that Scarlets Macron Shop are expecting a new delivery of home shirts week commencing 19th March and you can pre-order your shirt now!

https://scarletsmacronshop.com/product/preorder-home-senior-regular-fit-replica-shirt/
Scarlets before Wales
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 5:04pm
Well that's good news, fair play.
Given Chips' account of the difficulties of finding a spot in the production plan, they must have pulled out all the stops.
All I need to do now is figure out what size I need!
comeonmybabies View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comeonmybabies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 5:21pm
Awesome turnaround well done all involved.

Anyone got any comments on the fit?
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 5:25pm
I hope fans now get behind this initiative and order. Well done Macron and Scarlets 👍
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 6:35pm
May go for a shirt with the golden winner’s badge on to go with my early release no front of shirt sponsor version.

Edited by Eastern outpost - 30 January 2018 at 7:06pm
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 9:49pm
Collectors item steve .
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2018 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

Collectors item steve .
Any offence taken on board is only a literate/cy consequence. Every attempt at humour is just that. No personal insult intended. Standards lowered for trolls.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic