Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Macron Shop - more jerseys coming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Launched our replica kits 3 months early, under-estimated the impact that would have on our rolling stock levels, and obviously didn't buy enough product in total as sales exceeded previous buys. Then didn't have a replenishment programme in place that brought in drops of new product at key times ( pre home Euro games, Xmas etc).

This sort of stuff happens regularly right across the retail platform. No one is exempt from good selling product impacting stock for sales.

So I'll make a suggestion rather than jump on the bandwagon...
Possible Buy profile..
Kit launch in May '18...25% of the total buy across all ranges and sizes.
Replenishment in week 6~8( in time for season start) ..50%
Top up/replenishment at the first Euro home game (10%) and pre Xmas ( 15%)

The supplier would make it all in 1 run, but we can call the stock in, and more importantly only then pay for it, to the sort of profile above.

It's disappointing not to maximise sales, but I'm sure the club will review and learn from this.

Sales of replica wear drop off the cliff from Jan onwards, with the only notable movement of replica gear being when it goes on sale.

The only bit I do keep repeating, there are no manufacturing platforms sat waiting for such shortage of stock issues, most factories are full to optimum for 4-6 months in advance...at least the good ones are anyway. We are also talking probably about needing another 500-1000 more items across all ranges and sizes...a tiny amount and very un-attractive and in-efficient for any factory to make as a run.

Thaaaaaank Willl. xxx luv and hugs. Best wishes, da crew.Wink
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 1:52pm
Surprisingly churlish from you Speedy. You must have your reasons I guess.

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 4:46pm
On a positive, sales have surely exceeded expectations. 
Well, what the hell can we do to address this I wonder? 

Out of the box thinking: If there is not enough stock to sell, open up the shop to sell burgers and snacks to the general public on match days.

Edited by Wasp - 01 January 2018 at 4:47pm
We're still still here!
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 7:57pm
The bit I don’t get as far as not been able to get more kit is I can walk into either of the local sports kit providers with a brand new kit design and have them made to order in less than 2 months, if the small local suppliers have access to this kind of manufacturing capability then why can’t a major player like Macron achieve the same.
Incidentally further orders are quicker once the design is set up.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 8:05pm

Maybe, maybe i am tired of certain posters saying something and getting rounded in on. But then when you say the exact same things on here, its confetti time.

That is not what Fever should be about.

A debate should be judged on the content, not who is saying what.

I hope you understand my point, its nothing against you. More the little bandwagon following your every post that I am sure you couldnt give two hoots about.

Smile

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
SF's only officially endorsed pollster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 8:53pm
In fairness chips' opinion on this particular topic is a bit more detailed, and useful for crys, than a comparison of the current shop to the cabin in stradey.

In a rare scarletfever moment this is actually a topic when a poster has a genuine clue what they're talking about.

No offence, everyone!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by 2ndtimeround 2ndtimeround wrote:

The bit I don’t get as far as not been able to get more kit is I can walk into either of the local sports kit providers with a brand new kit design and have them made to order in less than 2 months, if the small local suppliers have access to this kind of manufacturing capability then why can’t a major player like Macron achieve the same.

It's a solid notion and it can work to a point, but there are obstacles.

The limitations are based on price (not the selling price, but the price paid by us for the shirts i.e. Our margin would be notably lower due to the higher labor costs.

Regulatory compliance around who any main stream brand can use to make their product - they have strict international accreditation standards to attain....for info there is just 1 such factory in the UK these days.

Capacity...a playing kit order is a few thousand pieces..most local units are small family owned traders with the capacity of a couple of hundred pieces a week.

Capability. People can get replica tops made but shorts, and particularly socks are a different process, not many outlets.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Maybe, maybe i am tired of certain posters saying something and getting rounded in on. But then when you say the exact same things on here, its confetti time.

That is not what Fever should be about.

A debate should be judged on the content, not who is saying what.

I hope you understand my point, its nothing against you. More the little bandwagon following your every post that I am sure you couldnt give two hoots about.

Smile

I think I might get a little of what you mean, and by little, I mean 5%.'

Anyway it's as good a time as any for this.

I recently again read a post from about month ago, around the time that the announcement of Scott leaving came out, I may have mentioned it already so apologies if I'm repeating myself.

I think it was ScarletRob who posted it-great post, well scripted (again apologies if I'm wrong there) , but the essence of the post was how, when it became known down the years that I was Scott's old man, it affected how some posters ( new or old) posted.

Some wouldn't post thoughts on Scott for fear of offending me, others would go out of their way to post exaggerated or fabricated stuff just to have a go.

Anyway it's something that was thought provoking and resonated with me. I reflected that I actually call to order anyone who posts nonsense about Scott, more so than other players perhaps, but at the same time totally defended the right for anyone to post what they like of course, it's a public forum. I know the score, i can live with it, but I wasn't looking at it through the lems of other posters.

In recent times there's been so much conflict attributed to me and/or Scott that the virtues of posting/ being part of Scarlet Fever have diminished to the point where I can't really remember what they were in the first place.
This thread a case in point, but they are pretty much every thread I post in. I'm trying to offer some plausible explanation and suggestion for a difficult situation here..pointless really.

So for the other 95% I have to say I don't really care for your childish jibes Speedy, regardless of how you try to polish them up, it's pathetic.
Same goes for several other posters who mistake this chat forum for a school playground. You know who you are, just as those who try to post thoughtful, evaluated, investigated and considered views know who they are.

I may call in from time to time with news from the dark side next season and will endeavour see all those whose opinions I value and appreciate during the rest of this season and beyond.

Blwyddyn newydd dda, let's hope for a great 2nd half of the season with some silverware at the end of it.
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 8:07am

Launched our replica kits 3 months early, under-estimated the impact that would have on our rolling stock levels, and obviously didn't buy enough product in total as sales exceeded previous buys. Then didn't have a replenishment programme in place that brought in drops of new product at key times ( pre home Euro games, Xmas etc).

This sort of stuff happens regularly right across the retail platform. No one is exempt from good selling product impacting stock for sales.

So I'll make a suggestion rather than jump on the bandwagon...
Possible Buy profile..
Kit launch in May '18...25% of the total buy across all ranges and sizes.
Replenishment in week 6~8( in time for season start) ..50%
Top up/replenishment at the first Euro home game (10%) and pre Xmas ( 15%)

The supplier would make it all in 1 run, but we can call the stock in, and more importantly only then pay for it, to the sort of profile above.

It's disappointing not to maximise sales, but I'm sure the club will review and learn from this.

Sales of replica wear drop off the cliff from Jan onwards, with the only notable movement of replica gear being when it goes on sale.

The only bit I do keep repeating, there are no manufacturing platforms sat waiting for such shortage of stock issues, most factories are full to optimum for 4-6 months in advance...at least the good ones are anyway. We are also talking probably about needing another 500-1000 more items across all ranges and sizes...a tiny amount and very un-attractive and in-efficient for any factory to make as a run.

Thanks for the insight Wil. Still find it incomprehensible that we didn't have any kit for Christmas.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 9:02am
Informative Wil . Operational facts which help explain a mystifying situation to most of us who know nothing of the garment producing trade. I am certainly not kissing your butt but simply just grateful for the information given from a position of knowledge on what is really quite an important issue . At a loss to understand the negativity posted by one member on this particular issue tbh. 🤔
"I'd rather have been a judge than a miner.Being a miner,as soon as you are too old and tired and sick and stupid to do the job properly,you have to go.The very opposite applies with judges!"P.Cook
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 9:34am

Originally posted by 2ndtimeround 2ndtimeround wrote:

It's a solid notion and it can work to a point, but there are obstacles.

The limitations are based on price (not the selling price, but the price paid by us for the shirts i.e. Our margin would be notably lower due to the higher labor costs.

Regulatory compliance around who any main stream brand can use to make their product - they have strict international accreditation standards to attain....for info there is just 1 such factory in the UK these days.

Capacity...a playing kit order is a few thousand pieces..most local units are small family owned traders with the capacity of a couple of hundred pieces a week.

Capability. People can get replica tops made but shorts, and particularly socks are a different process, not many outlets.

Thanks for the reply Wil and I would certainly bow to your knowledge on the clothing trade.
Whilst I understand there is a huge difference in the complexity involved with the scales involved, I still feel that Macron could have done more to prevent the shop turning into a weak point at the stadium.
Though they may not have been able to produce more of the current seasons kit, I do think they could have done far more to keep the shop stocked and worth visiting, if not with the originally planned ranges then through the use of more generic merchandise, at least that way there would be something on sale even if it was just training kit or leisure wear without Club branding.
Apart from the lack of stock actually training the staff there to come across as if they care, (they clearly don't seem to at the moment.) would make a huge difference.
My own background is retail and I know from personal experience that its very difficult to change the public perception once it turns bad and that it only takes one bad department (ie the shop) to paint a poor picture of the whole company (ie the club).

Edited by 2ndtimeround - 02 January 2018 at 9:37am
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:16am
I don't care what Speedy says, I find Wil's post's about the textile industry to be well informed and interesting.

Do VX3 manufacture overseas?

Their product range is limited, but their replica shirt are pretty decent for a local company.

I've bought two from them now. It would be nice to have a local company involved if that was financially viable.
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:22am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Informative Wil . Operational facts which help explain a mystifying situation to most of us who know nothing of the garment producing trade. I am certainly not kissing your butt but simply just grateful for the information given from a position of knowledge on what is really quite an important issue . At a loss to understand the negativity posted by one member on this particular issue tbh. 🤔

Why? There are a number of reasons why people could be pissed off. Just because Wil has given a valid explanation it doesn't stop people from feeling aggrieved.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

I don't care what Speedy says, I find Wil's post's about the textile industry to be well informed and interesting.

Do VX3 manufacture overseas?

Their product range is limited, but their replica shirt are pretty decent for a local company.

I've bought two from them now. It would be nice to have a local company involved if that was financially viable.
fair play to wil he's normally on the button when clothing is the topic.LOL
30th june 1986- 30th june 2011.25 years roofing,i wouldn't call that dodgy.
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:40am
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Has anyone spoken or written to Ray at the Macron shop? Might be more productive to get their side of the story.

Spoken to him on Twitter and his reply was "I'm not here to bat away criticism" and he locked his account.

This whole Macron farce needs to be put to bed, they need to go and someone like vx3 needs to come in.

Not sure VX3 is the answer, the Quins had a nightmare getting kit for this season.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2018 at 10:41am
Lets be honest here, if what's happened with Macron happened at any of the other sides in Wales, particularly Ospreys, we'd be calling them all sorts.

It's pi55 poor and amateurish.

There should be financial repercussions for Macron if the contract they had with the Scarlets was drawn up correctly.

Possibly the worst kit supplier we've had, for various reasons.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Just for our SA friends - Weste is die beste!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic