Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Macron Shop - more jerseys coming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 11:30am
Hope this wind and rain stops soon so that we can all get out and about.
Sponsored Links

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 12:12pm
Can I confirm, who owns the shop? Macron isn't it? So it's nothing to do with Scarlets with regards to stock management? In which case it's totally unacceptable that the firm that took over our shop are unable/unwilling to restock in case they are left with old stock they can't sell. Can't be right surely?
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Can I confirm, who owns the shop? Macron isn't it? So it's nothing to do with Scarlets with regards to stock management? In which case it's totally unacceptable that the firm that took over our shop are unable/unwilling to restock in case they are left with old stock they can't sell. Can't be right surely?
As long as they meet whatever financial commitment they made to the Scarlets, I guess they can do what they want.
Still not a very professional appearance though..
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

There is sports teams far smaller then us with Adidas as a kit supplier. I know non league football teams with just a couple of hundred fans that have adidas as their technical sponsor. The point of not wanting to be associated with us is ridiculous. It looks as if we are just picking the cheapest supplier.
And you've missed the fact that Macrons supply, shop, price and quality are all poor relative to what other teams supporters can get for the same money.

smaller sides simply buy a kit and put on their badge. Adidas don't produce anything of theirs to sell. Unlike a pro sports team which needs tens of thousands...(in Adidas case hundreds of thousands) of items to sell for a team.

Southampton FC in football for years had companies such as Pony, Sportif...ones you would never see in the top end of the Premier League...now things have changed, they landed Adidas (which was the worst selling merch for some time)...they have since moved on to Under Armour which was a big financial deal. although, it seems fans are still unhappy.

No matter what the company, there will be issues. Just because certain brands are "better known" does not mean they are a better fit at the moment. I believe Macrons deal was "ground breaking" for the Scarlets? wasn't it the biggest kit deal we have had?

They all come with problems, and hopefully, this years lessons will have been learned...they are looking at selling next seasons jerseys in May again...something I don't quite agree with but there we go, many people like it as they flew out without sponsors. All sold out by September. I would like to know how many jerseys that is as I don't believe we have done that before...there were thousands of jerseys sold off end of the season for £5-10 in previous years so I doubt much money was made after Christmas...I wonder if its our best sold jersey in in regional era. Definitely the quickest it seems.

Right the whip round starts with my quid,speedy ,what size do you want ?Big smile

Here you go!!!

I see your point thats at local club level, but they still have a full selection of products at christmas. If we 'made our own kits' we could meet the demand thats there. Macron haven't, the southampton story has no bearing on our situation...they flog jerseys by the bucket load in quantities we can only dream of, just because they have unsold jerseys and flog the remainder for £10 or whatever doesn't mean they haven't made money at the beginning and over christmas.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 2:30pm
just noticed on the scarletsmacron website that they now have the home jersey available again in L size. not saying they will have more but it wasn't there the last couple of days so maybe they are gradually getting more stock back in?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 3:09pm

There is sports teams far smaller then us with Adidas as a kit supplier. I know non league football teams with just a couple of hundred fans that have adidas as their technical sponsor. The point of not wanting to be associated with us is ridiculous. It looks as if we are just picking the cheapest supplier.
And you've missed the fact that Macrons supply, shop, price and quality are all poor relative to what other teams supporters can get for the same money.

smaller sides simply buy a kit and put on their badge. Adidas don't produce anything of theirs to sell. Unlike a pro sports team which needs tens of thousands...(in Adidas case hundreds of thousands) of items to sell for a team.

Southampton FC in football for years had companies such as Pony, Sportif...ones you would never see in the top end of the Premier League...now things have changed, they landed Adidas (which was the worst selling merch for some time)...they have since moved on to Under Armour which was a big financial deal. although, it seems fans are still unhappy.

No matter what the company, there will be issues. Just because certain brands are "better known" does not mean they are a better fit at the moment. I believe Macrons deal was "ground breaking" for the Scarlets? wasn't it the biggest kit deal we have had?

They all come with problems, and hopefully, this years lessons will have been learned...they are looking at selling next seasons jerseys in May again...something I don't quite agree with but there we go, many people like it as they flew out without sponsors. All sold out by September. I would like to know how many jerseys that is as I don't believe we have done that before...there were thousands of jerseys sold off end of the season for £5-10 in previous years so I doubt much money was made after Christmas...I wonder if its our best sold jersey in in regional era. Definitely the quickest it seems.

Right the whip round starts with my quid,speedy ,what size do you want ?Big smile

Here you go!!!

I see your point thats at local club level, but they still have a full selection of products at christmas. If we 'made our own kits' we could meet the demand thats there. Macron haven't, the southampton story has no bearing on our situation...they flog jerseys by the bucket load in quantities we can only dream of, just because they have unsold jerseys and flog the remainder for £10 or whatever doesn't mean they haven't made money at the beginning and over christmas.
my point regarding Southampton was more success, higher PL finishing resulting in Adidas and Under Armour, major companies...unlike before...and Adidas worse selling merch for some time. And only brought in Southampton as they have had Adidas...and weren't that great...but calls on here, they seem to be the messiah of companies all because of that kit back in the day.so Southampton story does relate.

do you think Scarlets made much after Christmas when they were flogging jerseys for half price?
it came to something when MANY were not buying when it was out as by February you were saving £50. I do believe by selling out Macrons jerseys by September, we could have overtaken full price sales from the past before season started. Next season they should know to by more stock to start off with. Not defending Macron at all, but some common sense is needed when Adidas is thrown around...I personally don't think Scarlets jersey sales come close to the teams they produce kit/sponsors:

Edited by PE SA - 04 January 2018 at 3:09pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 3:15pm
As far as I’m concerned Macron sounds like a character from the Transformers. That’s my thoughts on the subject.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 6:08pm

Here you go!!!

my point regarding Southampton was more success, higher PL finishing resulting in Adidas and Under Armour, major companies...unlike before...and Adidas worse selling merch for some time. And only brought in Southampton as they have had Adidas...and weren't that great...but calls on here, they seem to be the messiah of companies all because of that kit back in the day.so Southampton story does relate.

do you think Scarlets made much after Christmas when they were flogging jerseys for half price?
it came to something when MANY were not buying when it was out as by February you were saving £50. I do believe by selling out Macrons jerseys by September, we could have overtaken full price sales from the past before season started. Next season they should know to by more stock to start off with. Not defending Macron at all, but some common sense is needed when Adidas is thrown around...I personally don't think Scarlets jersey sales come close to the teams they produce kit/sponsors:

Can I turn that logic on its head, and point out that it maybe our poor choice of garb that makes our sales number not compete?

People all over the world buy the new zealand super rugby shirts....would they be buying it were they to go with Macron?

There is a seriously small minded inferior complex when important decisions are being made with this club.

I had been encouraged preseason. But i dont really want to rake over the whole Aston Martin ground again.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 7:15pm
PE SA i'm not saying adidas will solve our problems, it is a case of if you like the jersey you'll buy it. But if that jersey is good quality, it will persuade more people to buy it. I've picked up a heavily discounted hurricanes adidas jersey from lovell rugby (a few seasons ago as an end of season deal for ~£20). I've trained in all weathers with it and the fabric hasn't torn, the colour only faded somewhat after about 100's of washes (it is bright yellow also). So I feel that they are a reputable kit provider.
I don't feel the same way about Macron, the Scarlets can do better and deserve better. Success is also a factor, with us selling out if Jerseys is good, but why has the club shop stopped there. Where are the discounts and promotions.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2018 at 10:32pm
I bought this season's jersey from the store in September. Best Scarlets jersey I have had (in looks and quality).
The Brain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Brain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2018 at 8:32am
Apologies if it's been mentioned before but is the "Macron Shop" wholly run by Macron or do Scarlets have any input or say in what goes on?

Playing devil's advocate for a minute, if Scarlets placed an original order for 'X' amount of units and Macron provided then sold 'X' units then what have they done wrong?

Should we not be having a go at the guy who placed order 'X' instead for not being forward thinking enough to realise he'd need more?

And should we be having a go at Macron for not producing a new order 'Y' for new stock when they're obviously tied up in other kit runs for the forseeable future?

There again if Macron haven't fulfilled their obligation in some way then they deserve to be shouted at.

We're in bed with Macron for another couple of years so it's pointless deriding them as they were the ones we chose to go with as they offered us the best deal.

As I said, just playing devil's advocate.

If you cannot bite, never show your teeth.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2018 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Here you go!!!

Can I turn that logic on its head, and point out that it maybe our poor choice of garb that makes our sales number not compete?

People all over the world buy the new zealand super rugby shirts....would they be buying it were they to go with Macron?

There is a seriously small minded inferior complex when important decisions are being made with this club.

I had been encouraged preseason. But i dont really want to rake over the whole Aston Martin ground again.

of course. they buy the teams wear - same team as rugby superstars, crusaders were bought due to their success and team members included Dan Carter, Richie McCaw etc...nothing to do with Adidas.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2018 at 9:56am

PE SA i'm not saying adidas will solve our problems, it is a case of if you like the jersey you'll buy it. But if that jersey is good quality, it will persuade more people to buy it. I've picked up a heavily discounted hurricanes adidas jersey from lovell rugby (a few seasons ago as an end of season deal for ~£20). I've trained in all weathers with it and the fabric hasn't torn, the colour only faded somewhat after about 100's of washes (it is bright yellow also). So I feel that they are a reputable kit provider.
I don't feel the same way about Macron, the Scarlets can do better and deserve better. Success is also a factor, with us selling out if Jerseys is good, but why has the club shop stopped there. Where are the discounts and promotions.

Agree that if there's nice stuff people will buy...I think there's nice stuff with macron. only issue I have is the sizing - but that's not putting me off. The jerseys imo are very nice, home and away. the training top is also stunning. very nice material and very comfortable.

Every kit supplier will have its plus points and negatives. On the whole, the only negatives I see is the fact people are struggling to buy their size due to stock - which shows demand. and for me, the sizing.

as for the part in bold, are you saying that scarlets should have turned the biggest kit deal in their history down and wait for a company to maybe come in?
BLK some wanted, which left Ospreys with huge debt. I believe we were close to going with them...looks like we dodged a bullet. So in what terms do we deserve better and what is better? A smaller financial deal? or wait for a company that simply wont come in.

Part underlined I fully agree with.
franciskieran View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote franciskieran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2018 at 10:13am
maybe Scarlets should have gone with VX3 supporting the local company and we could of been wearing the classic look top that the RFC club are wearing now.....oh well :-)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2018 at 11:12am
Originally posted by franciskieran franciskieran wrote:

maybe Scarlets should have gone with VX3 supporting the local company and we could of been wearing the classic look top that the RFC club are wearing now.....oh well :-)

And very nice the Llanelli RFC retro look top is ! Clap
WillScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2018 at 1:29pm
The variety at the shop is awful. The quality is also awful. The prices are riduculous too. I’m also an Aston Villa fan and when Macron were the kit maker it cost Aston Villa mega bucks as people returned stuff constantly. I had to return a ruck sack which broke the day after Bought it. Terrible quality. I really hope the Scarlets kit is made by someone else next season for quality and for the range of clothing and the quantity of stuff in the shop as it’s absolutley rubbish, no other words.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic