Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet’s Pool Qualification Route

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't blink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlet’s Pool Qualification Route
    Posted: 06 December 2004 at 2:18pm
think about this one, if toulouse lose on the weekend with no bonus point and we win with a bonus point, we go second!
Sponsored Links

Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 2:20pm
How many points do you think we will need to go through in second place? We've already lost twice. Is it a realistic option?
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 2:27pm
I don't think we can go through - Toulouse will play us and Northampton at home, and I gather the Saints were under the cosh for much of the game this round, but sneaked home thanks to penalties.
It would take a miracle - but I hope the boys show some pride and try their best anyway. We are actually putting a winning run together even though we are still not exactly 'convincing'.
Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 2:33pm
Even IF we win our three remaining games, and get a bonus point for the 4 tries, it doesn't guarantee us one of the two best runners up spots, IMO. Things will be interesting, however, if we do get maximum points vs Glasgow AND Saints at Stradey - all to play for in Toulouse.....who knows!!
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
Delboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 2:47pm
I can't see us getting through to be honest - would love to be proved wrong.  The only worry I have is that if we do qualify then we will be seen to be having a good season while the truth is we are still a long way from where we need to be.  Don't get me wrong winning is vital but we just aren't playing to our potential and qualifying for the quarters might make people think that we don't need to recruit, when the reality is we do need to recruit, and before the end of the season.  It will be very difficult to recruit quality if we are in the Parker Pen
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 4:35pm

We aint qualifying are we lets be honest!

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 7:21pm
it's not likely, but it's not impossible at this stage either.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 7:25pm
only two certainties in life "death and taxes",so we are still in with a shout.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 9:55pm

We are in with a shout. A very slim one, but hey it's a chance.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
welshchick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welshchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2004 at 9:53am
We CAN still qualify!! it is a slim chance but anything can happen!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic