Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets side to face Benetton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Tomorrow night's game will be a big test for our squad.

Benetton have their big guns back so, up front, it's going to be quite a challenge.

The weather looks to be in favour of a forward orientated team too.

It will be very tough but one thing we do have is a strong bench 
This is our home game.
 They will provide a fair challenge for our team.

We need to still be in contention at the 60 minute mark.

Sponsored Links

Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

if it’s not him then it will certainly be another prop 

How about Elias? 
Phil John gotta be
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

How about Elias? 
Phil John gotta be

That’s a shout. 

As an aside my bbc sport alerts just said that we lost 22-17 away in Leinster tonight!
Jones2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 10:30pm

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

How about Elias? 
Phil John gotta be

That’s a shout. 

As an aside my bbc sport alerts just said that we lost 22-17 away in Leinster tonight!
I had two, one saying that the Dragons lost to them in Newport, the other saying that they lost the game in Dublin!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 7:57am
Not much to choose between Baldwin & Conbeer in pace but Ryan has that natural try scoring stepping ability. Baldwin is a big lad and perhaps his defence is better than Ryans. Clearly we have a couple of very big talents on our hands and so far the management seem to be using them cleverly. 

Tonight will be another test for how far our pack have come, lets be under no allusions this Benetton team is a serious threat. Both last night's games went well for us with Edinburgh failing to get a try bonus and Connacht getting nothing.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 8:41am
Another incentive is that a win will move us up into second and may see us go top. 

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 8:58am
A 4 point win hopefully stopping Benetton getting a LBP would move us 2 clear of Connacht & Edinburgh. Don't see Ulster doing us any favours today. Every point really counts. 
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 9:06am
We are not going to pick up bonus points if we keep playing in atrocious weather conditions.  I'm getting too old to suffer hours of driving rain on cold winter nights.  This will be the second consecutive home game where the winner will be the weather and and the TV trumps my season ticket.
High time to follow rugby league and play in the summer.
Keep the faith
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 10:13am
I think whats crucial today is how we cope with their mauls, we need to stop them quickly and effectively. I feel they have the power to grind us out, should we let them. Cassiem off the bench and Thomson starting lets see how this works out for us. 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 10:33am
Need a win tonight - a win would mean the difference to us fighting for top spot instead of being in a dogfight for 5th place. Early days I know.
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Need a win tonight - a win would mean the difference to us fighting for top spot instead of being in a dogfight for 5th place. Early days I know.

Spot on Rob. Forget early days - the Blues/Ospreys are a couple of losses away from their pro 14 seasons being over. We need to scrap for every point available. A win & we are 5/6 with 3 of the next 4 pro 14 games away. 
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Spot on Rob. Forget early days - the Blues/Ospreys are a couple of losses away from their pro 14 seasons being over. We need to scrap for every point available. A win & we are 5/6 with 3 of the next 4 pro 14 games away. 
It does feel a bit like our season is being defined right now.  I think it's fair to say that this group of players have exceeded the fans expectaions so far (apart from the Edinburgh game). A win tonight would be immense.
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 10:45am
The quality and speed with which the forwards release the ball will be crucial, and in the expected conditions we probably won't get very far by trying to play an expansive game, so put the ball behind the Treviso backs and let them make the handling mistakes trying to clear up.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 10:56am
Current forecast is for it to be dry during the game so we are going to have to deal with a greasy ball but not the wind & driving rain of last week. Our 10/12/13 need to continue the clever thinking attacking of previous games and retain the linespeed. Meanwhile the forwards are going to be in for their biggest test of the season. Looking forward to leaving for the game now. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 11:02am

Its going to be a tough game for sure, but with only three league defeats since September 2016 at Fortress Parc Y Scarlets.I am quietly confident we will claim a vital win .
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2019 at 11:06am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

We are not going to pick up bonus points if we keep playing in atrocious weather conditions.  I'm getting too old to suffer hours of driving rain on cold winter nights.  This will be the second consecutive home game where the winner will be the weather and and the TV trumps my season ticket.
High time to follow rugby league and play in the summer.

I have a lot of sympathy for what you say - it's some time since I have felt able to make the journey down on dark winter evenings, even more so when the weather is poor.

So - bearing in mind that, at best, the pitch and ball will be slippery - we do need Dan Jones to come with his his kicking A-game, maybe sliding some low punts into the corners to pressurise anyone thinking of fielding the ball, or if they have a line-out, giving us field position to try and mess things up with the greasy ball.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic