Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets side to face Connacht

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by philturk philturk wrote:

I’m losing more and more faith in Delaney with every week that goes by.

Where’s Jac Price, Dom Booth & Costellow? All 3 have been promising so far this season 

Javan has been poor and yet we persist with him, I’d take Cassiem over Kalamafoni (who has done nothing in a Scarlets shirt so far)

Can I request from members to wait and find out why players are not playing before they reply with stupid comments about the coaches decisions on players 

Sponsored Links

Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

If you watched Costelow play ? You will see he his not the biggest, but he his fearless in the tackle, I would say he his our best defensive 10 .

This  kid as all the tools , he his a class act , he should have started at 10 against Zebre ..All the other countries in European Rugby blood there young tens, we seem reluctant to do so ..

I agree but I just don't think he is best equipped to be starting 10 out in Galway where the weather will be horrific as always.
I don't believe players should be picked to suit the weather,it's a nonsense.Play according to the weather,yes:the best can adapt their play to all conditions.Difficult to see when Costellow will get a chance-in Belfast?Against Leinster?Must-win game against the Ospreys?The best fixtures to give him a cracck are gone imo.,and his debut,when it comes,will be more pressurised.I think he'll cope with pressure-the best players always do,but the coaches could have made it easier,and have missed the boat,I think.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 13 November 2020 at 3:38pm
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 3:59pm

No argument with Dinky starting with weather forecast as it is, Dan was outstanding in corresponding fixture at the Parc last season .

If we did not start with Sam last week when will we start him ?(
Rochester100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rochester100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 4:07pm
Dan is a steady player but limits attacking options 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 4:09pm

No argument with Dinky starting with weather forecast as it is, Dan was outstanding in corresponding fixture at the Parc last season .

If we did not start with Sam last week when will we start him ?(

Fair comment re.Dan.When Sam does start,there's going to be a huge amount of expectation.Personally,I think the coaches have handled it badly,and he won't get a chance until there's nothing left to play for.Either that or he'll be expected to work miracles and turn things round.He should have been brought through before now,that's for sure.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

Where’s Jac Price, Dom Booth & Costellow? All 3 have been promising so far this season 

Javan has been poor and yet we persist with him, I’d take Cassiem over Kalamafoni (who has done nothing in a Scarlets shirt so far)

Can I request from members to wait and find out why players are not playing before they reply with stupid comments about the coaches decisions on players 

Now that’s a bit of common sense 👍
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2020 at 11:56pm

Give you're head a wobble!!!
Kalamafoni has bee the only one who has stepped up so far!!!

Just look at his carrying and defensive stats you plumb.!
Page the oracle
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 6:26am
The frustrating this is,and I get everyone's annoyance,but a little bit of composure and we would have beaten Edinburgh and munster and suddenly we have 16 points and top the group by a few points.small margins make the difference. Let's hope this week,we get the W and try to keep building 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 8:32am
If we can get a win out in Connacht, we will have turned a corner and all will be forgiven. Really tough ask
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

The frustrating this is,and I get everyone's annoyance,but a little bit of composure and we would have beaten Edinburgh and munster and suddenly we have 16 points and top the group by a few points.small margins make the difference. Let's hope this week,we get the W and try to keep building 

I think you are right , those are both games we perhaps should have won with a little more composure , luck and less poor refereeing decisions and then we would be playing with more confidence - we looked good for the first 20 minutes last week before things started to go wrong again.
It's going to be a difficult game today and one where we will really have to dig in but lets hope it goes our way as we have 2 more difficult games to come.
saundersfoot scarlets
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 10:30am
Why is Sebastian in the team? He brings nothing to the game.
Give Blood, Play Rugby
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

Disagree totally ,the issues at scrum time have been on the loose head for the most part, yes he as been penalised admittedly .Javan been our most impressive prop in the loose by a country mile .

The scrum is an absolute lottery , that an the breakdown harming the very future of the game, what a mess .
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 10:51am
Originally posted by saundersfootscarlets saundersfootscarlets wrote:

Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

I think you are right , those are both games we perhaps should have won with a little more composure , luck and less poor refereeing decisions and then we would be playing with more confidence - we looked good for the first 20 minutes last week before things started to go wrong again.
It's going to be a difficult game today and one where we will really have to dig in but lets hope it goes our way as we have 2 more difficult games to come.

Just the sort of game today where 9 & 10 are even more crucial than normal. Connacht have their first choices back from camp - ours well.....................
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 10:56am

Disagree totally ,the issues at scrum time have been on the loose head for the most part, yes he as been penalised admittedly .Javan been our most impressive prop in the loose by a country mile .

The scrum is an absolute lottery , that an the breakdown harming the very future of the game, what a mess .

Agree with you 157 on Javan. His work in the loose is good; he looks for the ball and, while he sometimes gets a little over enthusiastic like getting in the way of the 10, I would prefer to see a big guy putting his hands up. He also possesses a decent turn of pace and can make metres. His scrummaging is not Samson but he is a little better than Werner. Working with Franks will bring him on and we could have a very good pro 14 prop for a number of years. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 11:20am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Agree with you 157 on Javan. His work in the loose is good; he looks for the ball and, while he sometimes gets a little over enthusiastic like getting in the way of the 10, I would prefer to see a big guy putting his hands up. He also possesses a decent turn of pace and can make metres. His scrummaging is not Samson but he is a little better than Werner. Working with Franks will bring him on and we could have a very good pro 14 prop for a number of years. 
It's true that the scrum problems seem to have been m the loose-head,but also true that the loose-head will have a difficult time if the tight-head isn't locking it.Javen's scrummaging has been solid,and some of his work around the field has been excellent.Overall,I think he's a player showing signs of progress all the time,and is definitely on the right track.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 12:01pm
157cb wrote

The scrum is an absolute lottery , that an the breakdown harming the very future of the game, what a mess .[/QUOTE]

Agree completely. Javan only needs to improve a little on fitness to become a top class prop.
However as 157cb also points out the scrum is becoming more and more of a lottery and the impression I get is that most referees have little idea of what is going on and who is breaking the rules. When a scrum collapses they have to make a decision and often this is pure guess work, but once made they tend to stick with penalising the same side unless something very different occurs.
The breakdown decisions are also often baffling, with so many players piling in at different angles and power that it can't be easy for refs to arrive at a clear decision to penalise and which side to penalise.
Clearly we have to work on these aspects, before we are able to get enough ball to judge how the backs are performing.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic