Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Bath Rugby (a) (ECC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:38pm
why name them in the 1st place?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:39pm
Seems strange to name them in the team, and then announce that they’re out two hours later.
Scarlets: providers of the finest rugby since 1872.

Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:41pm
6-2 split on the bench now by the looks of it.
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:41pm
What a massive turn around. Bath are firm favourites now, although bringing Dan Jones and Hadleigh Parkes in means it's not catastrophic.

Belt in for a bumpy ride!
*NEW* KIDS HALFPENNY T SHIRTS
ON SALE NOW

http://llanellitee.spreadshirt.co.uk
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:43pm
I dont understand why name them, it's really infuriating as I was about to post on here that I am confident seeing that team...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:49pm
That seems pretty twp in all honesty. This one has Hadleigh as MOM written all over it!!!! Two backs on the bench means Cubby to cover backline in an emergency.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:49pm
Actually I take it back in so much as "Each club must announce its match squad by 12 noon (GMT) on the Thursday before a Friday match" so obviously they went for best case scenerio.
Owen111 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:56pm
Absolutely gutted! Im still confident that we can do this! Lets hope nobody takes a knock early on.

Very Excited for this match still. 
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
SF's only officially endorsed pollster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 3:13pm
We've got plenty of kickers in the team, 2 centres that can crash it up and a strong pack with a 6/2 split on the bench.

From the face of it looks like we should/could play a different game to normal but with the ability to go if we need to through Cawdor, Rhys and Scott.

The question is will we.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 3:14pm
Big blows but we will still take them some real depth to squad and they do not know the meaning of the word defeat
T_RICHARDS_94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_RICHARDS_94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 3:32pm
Big loss for our backline but Bath are also missing Toby and Louw in their back row. So I think we can control this game with the forwards and our backs have proved (vs. Dragons) that they can score tries.
Still confident and can't wait for the match!
Please take 5 minutes to read my blog - Tap and Go
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 3:35pm
In these years never so lucky with injuries...the subs Will play good, Im sure..
Captain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 3:41pm
They prob had to name team before captain run. I prefer to not risk them if not 100% - save for next game
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

They prob had to name team before captain run. I prefer to not risk them if not 100% - save for next game

That sounds likely - a pity, though, and a tad confusing.

Bath defo favourites now, but I think we'll be in with a very decent chance all the same.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
diego6754 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 3:49pm
Patch at full back gives us more attacking options. Parkes gives us more physicality in midfield. I like a 6-2 bench split as long as our backs don't get hurt, but even then Cubby can cover wing/centre. Dan is the best short/medium range kicker in the squad, It was hard to leave out Boyde or Macloed, now we have both.

Gotta look at the positives!!!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by diego6754 diego6754 wrote:

Patch at full back gives us more attacking options. Parkes gives us more physicality in midfield. I like a 6-2 bench split as long as our backs don't get hurt, but even then Cubby can cover wing/centre. Dan is the best short/medium range kicker in the squad, It was hard to leave out Boyde or Macloed, now we have both.

Gotta look at the positives!!!

Well, I like the way you're thinking!Thumbs Up
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic